Zybez RuneScape Community was shut down on September 17th, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-12-01 at 02:23. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Join us on Discord, ZybezNet clan and Zchat friendchat.

We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

Remembering 17 years of Zybez

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 2avage

2avage

Posted 23 August 2018 - 7:41 PM

First and foremost I would like to thank everyone for contributing to these forums. What an incredible run filled with success and longevity. The outstanding community made this possible, followed by the moderation staff and of course W13. 

Thanks for all of the memories.

What's your earliest memory of Zybez?

Easily the Di vs Ds war of 2004

What did Zybez or the community mean to you?

A place for the clanworld to gather, and had some great debates.

What did you enjoy most?

Id be lying if I said it wasnt the banter :) 

Edited by 2avage, 23 August 2018 - 7:41 PM.

Ex Legendary Slayer of Dark Slayers
Ex Leader of Aftermath
Ex Founder / Leader of End of Tradition
Ex High Council of Clan Auris
Ex Fr (lol)
Ex Veteran of Violent Resolution

Quit since Eoc.

#42 Ben_Goten78

Ben_Goten78

• Rating: < -5 | 5 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Ben_Goten78
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 24 August 2018 - 8:53 AM

When I got #1 poster haha!

QrP3Ywy.png

Wow I had a terrible signature at one point there...

5Va1gcG.png

Being on RSC when the christmas cracker/party hat dupe happened and saving the photos :P (not my acct..)
uZG9I1V.jpg

Edited by Ben_Goten78, 24 August 2018 - 8:54 AM.

fcuiq5t.png EWpMYjq.png 9aVbUtd.jpg

#43 Lavigne

Lavigne

• Rating: < -5 | 2 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Wonder Woman

Posted 25 August 2018 - 1:50 PM

Long shot but any chance you can unarchive the Zybez Radio section and give me the DJ mask? I think somewhere in there is a picture of me and DJ Suox back when we were DJs that I'd like to get before it's no longer possible.

Edited by Lavigne, 25 August 2018 - 1:51 PM.

KrPODlD.png

xuLlzzs.png

Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllll

#44 Aragon

Aragon

Perseverantia Vincit

Posted 28 August 2018 - 12:05 AM

This website was an outlet for personal growth, leadership development, and fun and laughs. I don't know if it's possible for me to put what I gained from this community in to words. Through the highs and the lows, everything I've learned from this place has helped me in the real world beyond what I expected to gain from Zybez when first registering. Thank you to everybody who took a chance on me through the years, and everybody who has served as either a formal or informal mentor to me. And to the Clan Discussion community... stay classy  :# 

If anybody wants to keep in touch, please shoot me a message. I'd love to catch up with any friends, clannies, or forum staff I met or worked with over the years. It's been a great pleasure, and wish everybody great success and happiness in life.

uswi2T1.gif

-[ Former Clan Discussion Staff & Senior Moderator ]-

#45 ToeJam

ToeJam

Finger Picking Good

• Rating: < -5 | 3 | +5 >
  • RS Name:ToeJam

Posted 28 August 2018 - 10:19 AM

What's your earliest memory of Zybez?

Initially for me it was the help site I visited the most, interspersed with runehq... both sites had different areas of strength in their guides and tools.

What did Zybez or the community mean to you?

I lurked for a long time, mostly posting the occasional question to help me with skilling. It took a few years till joining a clan appealed and my involvement increased from there. It also led to me joining (after the dreariness of TR) what was by no means a good clan fights or size wise.... but the atmosphere and members were legendary - NBK

What did you enjoy most?

A number of things actually. To begin with, it had to be the clan beef... I certainly wasn't the best at it, but it made me smile a little when I'd wind up some of the big names and they took the bait. I think at the time, I skirted any issues with community guidelines by not directly flaming rather than being obtuse.

Then for some reason the +1's to my member profile were added... and I got senmem which was both nice and a kind of 'oh crap' moment... due to the need to reign in any obvious trolling... something that was picked up on by a few notable people (i.e. Eomeri... I do miss our 'chats' and you were well within your rights to bring up my hypocrisy :D ). During this time I became more active on other parts of the board including off topic and general discussions and it was from here that I started developing friendships outside of the clan world... it was the lively discussion that kept me coming back and I'll most definitely miss zybez for that side of things!

Edited by ToeJam, 28 August 2018 - 10:26 AM.

bOT8c.png

3t0hHkC.png

#46 Hemlock

Hemlock

great is the weapon that cuts on its own.

• RS Name:lHemlock
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Jewish Mafia

Posted 29 August 2018 - 10:24 PM

My two most precious memories were promoting Ramu to S-Mod and Ryan to King. They both deserved it, I am still humbled thinking about it.

McRjpxk.gif

2Owir.png

EXs5bj0.png

2018 most respected/intelligent

rsc honored member, player moderator and completionist cape.
when i was king, you would have been the first against the wall.

buy me a castle or pass me a bong, give me glenlivet i'll sing you this song

open another big box of cheap wine, if you take the low road then i'll take the high

#47 Yoto32

Yoto32

Any tree can drop an apple: I'll drop the freakin' moon.

• Rating: < -5 | 7 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Yoto
  • Clan:Dark Slayers

Posted 11 September 2018 - 10:23 AM

So I found my old computer and as it turns out I'm pretty bad at cropping pics, which is a blessing in disguise as it shows a glimpse into my life as a teenager, what I was doing at that moment. I'm grateful that all of these pics are from when I was an Seme, because the Wayback Machine doesn't always show what the site used to look like from back then, and doesn't show avatars and signatures which for me holds a lot of memories about my times on the boards as my avatar has changed several times over the years. My time as an Seme was the most fun I've had on the boards, and I think a lot of the mod+ staff can say the same. Let's have a look into what I was doing a decade ago.

z1zGyJK.jpg
Wrote a short story for the Zybez book about being part of a clan PKRI. It's still in the Library in Blogs and Literature. I still have no idea how to write dialogue.

aaUr1FB.jpg
April Fools, 2008. I was pretending to be a demoted Andrew, and Andrew was pretending to be a promoted Molson (and Krystal was pretending to be a promoted me. Can you imagine, me actually becoming a Seme? No way). The prank was convincing enough to get bspy and Lord V Unit to instantly bump me to +5, which I would later earn for real a year later.

3Ag9u5d.jpg
A bit conceited, but I loved seeing my name listed as a forum leader, although I think in this pic I was just wondering where that green square went (thanks PlNG)

gBXgFdL.png
Posting in an Seme topic I made asking for excuses not to go to work. Also training construction while talking to Scythe. What that full post looks like:

Spoiler

Az6BJTI.jpgWhat the Clans HQ used to look like. I'm not sure if this is when it was still in the Clans board and not the CL HQ. The video is Lollipop by MIKA. The suggestive video description is Andrew.

vt8YmiW.jpg
Asking advice from Andrew on how to moderate a topic. Been listening to people complain about modding for 10 years.

odHvGzp.jpg
No comment.

SQXMUcf.jpg
Alc Jr was helping me with a treasure trail that was in the duel arena, you can tell cause I have a treasure trail tab open. I guess he wanted a kill pic. Btw my favorite board was and is the CD HQ.

VPftaq3.jpg
Gruggles!

7A52ecC.jpg
My parents divorced when I was 14, and I registered on Zybez the next year. I moved a lot during that time, and I was never really popular at school. But wherever I went, I could find friends at Zybez. During this time, 2008, I was living with my abusive dad. After high school graduation, I lost contact with the few friends I had. It was a rough time period for me, but being a part of the Zybez team was a light in my life. This board gave me a kind of validation that I had never experienced before. I first started posting seriously in 2006 because ratings were visible, and I wanted a +1 to show that I was a smart guy, I wanted to be recognized for being a positive contributor. Little did I know I would get my wish, but it came with a condition. Brad and the CD staff desperately needed new blood and tossed me into a promo like an afterthought. I threw myself into moderating because it was a way for me to be useful. Every rating, every promotion gave me a confidence boost at a time when I was suffering from that teen angst we all get, that nobody likes me, that I was worthless, that I had nothing to contribute. It took me longer than most to rise through the ranks because I was never consistent with my activity. I had bursts of over zealotry and then burn myself out and take breaks without telling anybody. That's still a problem I struggle with today in my real life. I suppose it's a good thing I learned that lesson on an online forum instead of real life. I remember watching people get promoted over me over and over again, and while it stung I always knew why. By the time I finally became a mod, the person who was first promoted with me to the Great Hall three years prior, Tmal34, had already become an Hmem. That was where I expected my RSC career would end: I just wanted to become an Hmem so I could have a little recognition after I retire from the site like all my friends did. The only two promotions that ever came as a surprise to me was my first promotion to CD staff and my last to Smod. The best thing about being an admin was trying to give other people with potential a chance like how a chance was given to me. I hope to one day be in a position like that in real life: It's always a surprise seeing who flourishes and who fizzles. At the time I viewed the ranks as a mark that bestowed respect, but being a part of Zybez has taught me that respect is always earned and never given. It's not the ratings or the ranks that show you're smart or wise, it's how you conduct yourself at every moment, in every interaction. Looking back, I was never really as smart as I thought I was, or as funny, or as mature, and I'm still not now, but being surrounded by people who were the very embodiment of those traits gave me role models that I could strive to emulate. It's these lessons that I can take with me as I move forward in my career. Thank you all for putting up with me. Here's the album I got from my old computer. if you want to take a look.

akdNpja.jpg

Edited by Yoto32, 14 September 2018 - 1:12 AM.
I have edited this about 14 times to get it just the way I want it, and will likely do more. That will never change.

There She Is, Scott Pilgrim, Homestuck
3WvlE6O.png
PH6vxkQ.png
giphy.gif
Senior Moderator | Proud Ex-Leader of Aftermath
New Boards

#48 Aragon

Aragon

Perseverantia Vincit

Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:50 AM

Btw my favorite board was and is the CD HQ.

Mine too. Convinced that half my post count is from our conversations there. 

uswi2T1.gif

#49 Yoto32

Yoto32

Any tree can drop an apple: I'll drop the freakin' moon.

• Rating: < -5 | 7 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Yoto
  • Clan:Dark Slayers

Posted 12 September 2018 - 9:57 AM

I've got a thousand posts in that board, maybe a couple hundred more cause of wipes. You have 207 posts in the Talented Users sticky alone. There's no way there's that many talented users in CD you spammer   :-P

There She Is, Scott Pilgrim, Homestuck
3WvlE6O.png
PH6vxkQ.png
giphy.gif
Senior Moderator | Proud Ex-Leader of Aftermath
New Boards

#50 Aragon

Aragon

Perseverantia Vincit

Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:13 AM

I've got a thousand posts in that board, maybe a couple hundred more cause of wipes. You have 207 posts in the Talented Users sticky alone. There's no way there's that many talented users in CD you spammer   :-P

Lmao. At least half of those must have been trying to get Gkef promoted 

uswi2T1.gif

#51 Ryan P J

Ryan P J

Posted 14 September 2018 - 2:38 PM

I guess we're doing like, an end of days essay or something, that I read on a topic? Or something? Well, here's my final dump, so take it. I suppose its appropriate that I'm doing this drunk, as my major contribution was a permastickied drunk posting topic in SeMe. At least I've leaned how to type.

So, looks like I joined...May, 2005. Maaaaaan. That puts me at 16 years old when I joined. Sophomore. I felt pretty young at the time, I'd heard of RSC for about a year but hadn;t joined. I wasn;t the youngest at SeMe; I think that was Bulgy? a couple years younger? Who got it before me.

So I joied Runescape in 2003, just a couple week shy of getting bunny ears, in 2003.Got the scythe that halloween though! I played on a site called Popcap, just a ****ty Flash game site, which limited levels to 30. I sent a customer sjpport message, and they told me to play from Runescape to get past the cap, so I did. Eventually, I met a guy called dedmenwalkn, who started a clan called.......****en ****, I don't remmeber. I t was some army or ranger themed clan? Man, make this public, let somebody tell me what it was. Anyway, he got busy irl, and decided to merge our clan with Demonic Legends, lead by General Shop, and we became Awaken. (Milap, if you're out there, my oath of eternal loyalty is still valid and I will follow you to irl death). That was really my heyday. Awaken. I joined RSC then to support my clan on the topics, for whateve I could.

The chronology escapes me at this point, but eventually, I made some kind of fprum mod or something on VR's website. Shop messages me while I was fighting at dagannoths, shortly after we merged, to say "I'm kicking you from the clan". I responded "?" and he said "j/k you seem cool".

A couple months after I joined RSC, I leanred the hierarchy here, and I thought to myself, I'd like to be a senior emmeber. This was because of mental issues that I still carry where I have to prive myself, over and over and over, and I wanted ti prove - I was intelligent enough, I was good enough, I mattered enough, that I could be a Senior Member. So I set out to post as frequently and intelligently as I ould, to brownnose my way into it.

Well, as much as a ******** as I am, I do have some things to pride myself in, and I do have a good vocabulary and I know how to us eit. It wasn't long before I was made a Marketplace Community Leader. I believe Damea was my predecssor, and Colton my leader. A guy called Bayney or something was my senior pee. I was also soon joined by Phoenix something o other, who is now knows as PZ., from Phoenix Zero.

I was high. I read my responsibilities and dedicated myself to my boards. I didn't know much about selling stuff, but I knew how to follow instructions and rules, and I went abive and beyoudn to rack those actions up and keep the Marketplace clean. I kind of...viewed PZ as a friendly rival at the time. I would prove myself begtter.

Werll, that didn't work. He gor Seme, and  posted a warm congratulations. Eventually, he was promoted to Mod, and I was promoted to Seme, and I posted a warm congratulations. It was at this point, I realized, he'd won. Mod was as high as regular progresson went - SeMo and abive were considered admins, and were only given on a case by case basis. Even if I mde Mod, he'd have gottn there first. I didn't say any of this, of course. PZ and I were friends. I genuinely liked him, and I still do. Truly, sincerely, he deserved the promotions he got, while I was adequate, but could not compete. I eventually made Mod, while he made SeMo, and after a few years I...well, everything, irl and online, turned out to be ****, and I never recovered. I guess I'm an Hmem now, because  managed to make a red bar before collapsing.

I mentioend Bayney earlier? he invited me to support site, called TEO, The Enlightened Ones. It was mostly a forum for assholes who belived themselves smarter than everybody else. Well, I mean, that's not wrong; most of the people posting were dum****s who couldmn't spell right as a sober teenager, or cnstruct a entence right. Quality was **** then.

Awaken eventuallhy merged with soemthingto become Violent Resolution, and I spent most of my time in that clan. Still loyal.

I think the last tiem I actively played Runescape was 2012. Wasalright. But I just dodn;t have the energy for it anymre. 24 years old. Everything was ****. College failed, team mmeber at Target, my attempts cfor a decade to be good enough that somebody, ANYBODY would find me good enough to ****, even if I had to pay thousands of dollar sfor it failed; I gave up on that stuff years ago.

Well. Anyway. Maybe I'll say more if I think of it, but...sigh. Hell. This was a hel of a site for me for quite while. A lot of memories. I made mod. Higher than I initlialy planned, as I only intended seme. Perpetually inferior to my rival, PZ, who was much better than me. To be hnest, I probably would have suicided at some point were it not for the affirmation that my somewhat-success on this site gave me.

I made lots of friends here. Lots of memories. Fir quite awhile, this was the central part of my life. This was my peer group. And now it's ending and...yeah, you get older and decay, and stuff like this happens, but it still hurts, you know? I love you guys. I love what this site did for me. It gave me a place, when an ugly, autsitic retard didn't have any other place. Gave me some pride, when everything else I ever did failed. Without reservation, I can say, the time on this site was the best Ive ever had, and probably has saved my life to this point.

If there's something else going on, someplace we're jumping off to, I'm interested. Might as well keep this running as far as I can.

I'll add to this as I feel like. Mods can decide to make public whatever you want. I don't care. Censor what you want, redcat what ypu want, keep it all seme, whatever.

Oh!Yeah! I think my t+3 came from Wibble saying "interesting post."

So, I was friends with mod FDenixangel. Somethin g had happened with hus..friend G4lfirend? Tenshi, a SeMe, strpped her of CL status. I don't remember exacty what, but my discussion with FA lead to me posting a topic in RSC Discussion, calling out MDW for tyrannical behavior. It got deltdd, and I expected to be banned, but I guess I got lucky and W13 say my pist and intervened.

Btw: MDW, you're an asshole, but god damn was I ver a white straoght privileged male assole, myself. I still think I was right, a god damn fansite didn't need to be ruled with an iron fist, but you aint exactly on a list of SailorMoon villains. Bury the hatchet?

Sa,e for Livinghell. I'm basically you now. Sorry I was such an ass****. I'm trying to do better, bit whiteness and middle classnessness and maleness aren't easy to move past. So I'm sure I'm still gross in lots of ways.

Edited again? ybez content tam. I can't remeber the exact timeframe, but apaprently I was the Database Crew Team Lead at one point. I didn't remember that, thought I was a regular member.I know I contibuted a lot of mnster screenshots, inconvenient thing nobody else wanted to try to get a decebt pic of. My leader, Jeremy, I interviewed him for a college essay. It was ****. I am no good at asrcribing values to people uness I hate the, and Jeremy was my friend. I eventually went incactive and my Zybez oermissions were revoked...how sad.

Once more. XORGNITFARC! Craftingrox. Yo. I am ashamed that I left you to this late edit. You were my oldest RSC friend. Justin. Dude. I think I deleted you from my facebook, but if you're still around, hit me up. You ad me, man. You and me.

McShieldSniper, man, those late-night MRC (I think that was the name), convos we used to have woth all the guys. Right after Justin, you were my boi. Talk to me man. Ask Yoto or Justin for my Facebook.

Edited by Yoto32, 14 September 2018 - 10:06 PM.

Posted Image
Pm me if you need assistance.
Msn changed recently. New one in profile.

#52 W13

W13

• RS Name:W13
  • Clan:Zybez

Posted 16 September 2018 - 1:10 AM

Wow... goldmine, Yoto.

#53 No1

No1

Disaster Control Ward

• RS Name:lNo1
  • Clan:ZybezNet

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:01 AM

Some stats, as of 2018-08-19:

Most posts Arno (24,750)
W13 (20,431)
Highest rating Jack (6)
9Mm, Andrew, Angel, Apollo, Arno, Awong, Ben_Goten78, blackspy, Brad, Brian, Broski, Cecil DeLuna,
ClydeFrog, Colton, Cremonte, Cuzza123us, D-MoB, Damea, Dark, Evil_Jesus, eVotion, Fire.Freek,
Five Aces, Fuzion, Gloibin, Guybrush, Hemlock, Hobo, HowAbominable, Icedrop, Ile, Islamia,
J36, Jaya, Jeff, John, Justin, kitemac, Koppen, Krazykat, Krazymonkey5, Kuroda, Lachy,
LunarKnyght, Malinor, Matchu, McShieldSniper, Michael_West, Minion V, Modoc, Molson, Mr Geoff,
No1, Peyton, Phobia-*, PlayTrumpet, Prinx, Rashy, Robin Hood, Rocky, Scuzzlebut, Seji, Sir Wild,
Sleepy, snoozles, Sportstorm, Super Girl, Tha Hanzz, TheExtremist, Twizlers300, Tyler, Veracon,
W--Mage, World 1 Host, Xeophonix, YanOmeE, Yoeni, zamz, zbart99 (5)
Most time online Arceus (768d 12h 22m 8s)
Wee Man (696d 23h 58m 49s)
Most topics Jim (2,049)
W13 (1,726)
Most friends Johnyisbest (1,105)
spoonheb (744)
Most PMs Debenkey (1,717)
HAR (1,530)
Most profile views Murdoc (130,528)
Aragon (117,608)
Most reputation points given Sv. (25,026; net +10,018)
unbiased observer (23,841; net +12,421)
Highest reputation points Molson (10,637)
George (8,619)
Lowest reputation points Dalejamesw (-8,891)
Abkb24 (-4,393)
Most replied topic Top Rated Clans ~ 2009 (16,382)
Football (15,500)
Top Rated Clans ~ 2010 (14,900)
Most viewed topic Top Rated Clans ~ 2012 (5,989,008)
Drop Log Dropoff (2,502,242)
My Bank Is Better Thank Yours (2,006,938)
MM9 ∫ 15 AUG: SOMETHING BETTER THAN MOUNTS! (1,422,097)
Highest rated post .Qwerty's Tii's Guide To 99 Summoning. (+314)
Pk3d by mike's Kuradal's Dungeon Throwing Knife Tip (+312)
Most controversial post Scotty dont7's (Jc)Runescape Dinasty Vs Reign Of Terror (208 votes; net -28)
Cera S6's Violent Resolution vs Reign of Terror (ft Di+Df) - Feb 15 (177 votes; net +1)

"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and
naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."

- Douglas Adams (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

#54 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

• Rating: < -5 | 3 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Mew Lp
  • Clan:Cu Clux
  • Team:Rocket

Posted 16 September 2018 - 6:49 PM

My two most precious memories were promoting Ramu to S-Mod and Ryan to King. They both deserved it, I am still humbled thinking about it.

No1's topic was brilliant, haha. 

[ Oversized SigWarn Super Girl Aug-10-2007] 

[ Oversized SigWarn Atarah Aug-12-2007 - PM Sent]
 [ Oversized SigWarn Atarah Aug-12-2007]
 [ Oversized SigWarn Atarah Aug-15-2007]
 [ Oversized SigWarn Bulgy Sep-1-2007]
 [ Obscene AvatarWarn Atarah Sep-10-2007]
 [ Oversized SigWarn Heelflip Sep-26-2007]
 [ Oversized SigWarn Teelex Oct-27-2007]
 [ Oversized SigWarn Jeremy Jan-3-2009]

Imaging being promoted to Moderator after all of that. :#

I had a great deal of influence in elevating you young man.

And for that I am eternally grateful, and your mentoring 1-2-1 help preceding all of that. I really miss our Skype chats...

Jesus Christ, Arceus.

XabJkFa.png

GuthixUnder-1.png

“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#55 Aragon

Aragon

Perseverantia Vincit

Posted 16 September 2018 - 6:56 PM

Legend Scotty Dont7

uswi2T1.gif

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size: