Zybez RuneScape Community was shut down on September 17th, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-12-01 at 02:23. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Join us on Discord, ZybezNet clan and Zchat friendchat.

We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

Remembering 17 years of Zybez

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 Ace

Ace

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Renegades Fan Club

Posted 16 August 2018 - 10:24 AM

What's your earliest memory of Zybez?

Viewing old bk topics. It took me a while to register since tip.it flopped and I wasn't really sure if there was any point to it.
What did Zybez or the community mean to you?

Keeping up with everyone's activities, being in the know.
What did you enjoy most?

The discussions. Sometimes it meant outwitting others, sometimes it meant being outwitted and sometimes, it meant simply being in awe of what others who had nothing to do with me were able to come up with.

#22 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• Rating: < -5 | 4 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Elysian Duck
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 16 August 2018 - 1:06 PM

Finding the helpsite when a friend told me to stop using Dutch guides and focus on quality guides instead..I didn't sign up until 2008 though...(from my Nintendo Wii)

It definitely made the game more enjoyable, also you got to know people who had similar interests like you.

What did you enjoy most?
Reading through topics realizing behind every post is a unique person...

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

4w3Bc9n.png

MA8JzzV.gif

Ppj1oVu.jpg

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#23 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

• Rating: < -5 | 3 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Mew Lp
  • Clan:Cu Clux
  • Team:Rocket

Posted 16 August 2018 - 3:48 PM

[ Oversized SigWarn Super Girl Aug-10-2007] 

[ Oversized SigWarn Atarah Aug-12-2007 - PM Sent]
 [ Oversized SigWarn Atarah Aug-12-2007]
 [ Oversized SigWarn Atarah Aug-15-2007]
 [ Oversized SigWarn Bulgy Sep-1-2007]
 [ Obscene AvatarWarn Atarah Sep-10-2007]
 [ Oversized SigWarn Heelflip Sep-26-2007]
 [ Oversized SigWarn Teelex Oct-27-2007]
 [ Oversized SigWarn Jeremy Jan-3-2009]

Imaging being promoted to Moderator after all of that. :#

XabJkFa.png

GuthixUnder-1.png

“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#24 subdivi

subdivi

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >
  • RS Name:akaron
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 16 August 2018 - 4:25 PM

I came here out of NGRunescape(?) with a clan as 'akaron'. Not too long after RS came out, actually. Not long after, I was making crappy artworks with lens flairs and other filters. Not long after that, I formed a camaraderie with fellow Newguy (and much better artist) Trunks/Tekton. The art community was really fun here.

It mean a lot, actually. Positive feedback from posting intelligently actually made me snap from an ADHD 1-liner crapslinger to the fine pseudo-intellectual TL;DR crapslinger that I am today. It also introduced me to digital art and some fine friends thatIkindaabandonedsorry. Zybez is/was truly the best internet community I've been a part of.

Yeah not sayin' much I know, but still - you guys and gals rock.

What did you enjoy most?

The sense of community. AKA: getting to know you jerks, I got promoted to seme pretty early, so it gave me a good perspective on things as a whole. A shame my mental illness(eseses) led me down a bad path, but everything worked out in the end. Sorry to those affected.

The second was the art community. It's something that has stuck with me this whole time. It was great because we all sucked ('cept Trunks/Tekton), so it was a really good place to learn without expectations. You even got rewarded for your work! I don't think I've seen another system quite like it. Probably wont ever be another, given the climate an direction of the internet.

TL;DR

Thank for the memories, Zybez. I'll miss ya'.

#25 Ben_Goten78

Ben_Goten78

• Rating: < -5 | 5 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Ben_Goten78

Posted 16 August 2018 - 5:36 PM

Earliest memory: joining the content team before the item database was created. Content creation became so much easier after the site was re-designed to accommodate it back in ... 2006 or so? I remember working very closely with Ben and TheExtremist back then. Fun times. 

Enjoyed the most: being a radio DJ. Trolling listeners with quirky songs was a blast.

I think it was more end 2004? Can’t be sure lol. We started in a secret board with people at the time who were very active in answering questions. I remember days where my name was the last reply on every post in the questions board, I probably couldn’t offer any RS advice nowadays though. The grand exchange and trading caps, for me and many others, was the downfall of the game. I stopped playing then and relinquished my player mod status in game because I could no longer have 200k drop parties every time I logged in.

I miss our team of content creators who were so dedicated. I recall my quitting drop party where I gave away a mask set and 9 Santa hats and 70mil gp

I remember having the price guide post setup somewhere in the marketplace forums and updating that every weekend, eventually we put it on the zybez website where it got millions of views every month.

So much nostalgia.

555xdw.gif
M7Ogbu0.png

17a6ZLA.png

Mybez: not sure if we ever released any of this?
XFYH0Lq.png

K5EWrwh.gif
TcJr66R.gif
HL5fMXe.gif

Edited by Ben_Goten78, 16 August 2018 - 6:14 PM.

fcuiq5t.png EWpMYjq.png 9aVbUtd.jpg

#26 Ile

Ile

Is this mandatory?

Posted 17 August 2018 - 4:11 AM

My earliest memory is that I wanted to be part of SwiftSwitch/SwiftKit development back in 2005-2006. I started helping in the forum section and eventually made it in the team.

Around that time I joined Zybez support team, which didn't have access to the databases and such, but we helped by gathering info and images to the teams. Applied to database crew and got in :-) Promo history is in my profile, I have dug up the dates for everything.

Also, some radio history in a form of a funny story by Lil https://pastebin.com/VShWeqNK

#27 Lavigne

Lavigne

• Rating: < -5 | 2 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Wonder Woman

Posted 17 August 2018 - 8:23 AM

HA12D, Uncut Angel and Lord V Unit videos. Posting Range2hing galleries to PKG and making a ton of threads for pures that rarely went anyway and slowly faded into obscurity.

Bearing in mind I was like 10 when I joined RSC, I used to see all the clans posting fights and be like "i'm gonna be lvl 100 and join that clan some day"

What did you enjoy most?

Ban evading The fact that there were loads of people over time on these boards that I never got to play or clan with, but got to know really well to the point of some irl friendships being forged, like the one I had with DJ Suox. Actually, the Zybez Radio duo DJ was probably the most fun I ever had on this site and I think Suox & I were the only ones to do it (probably because we were the only ones to live in the same area)

KrPODlD.png

xuLlzzs.png

Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllll

#28 Yoto32

Yoto32

Any tree can drop an apple: I'll drop the freakin' moon.

• Rating: < -5 | 7 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Yoto
  • Clan:Dark Slayers

Posted 17 August 2018 - 12:27 PM

Hey ya'll, to help me remember the early days of my RSC account, I've been browsing the Wayback Machine. The earliest date I found of me browsing RSC was just 2 days after I registered. Also found two of my profiles as a member, one right before I became a CL and one right after. Good lord I had some cringey things in my profile, but in defense of my member title, it was a reference to my signature at the time.

Let me know what you find. I bet there's a ton of gems in there. Looks weird seeing all the different ranks of so long ago.

There She Is, Scott Pilgrim, Homestuck
3WvlE6O.png
PH6vxkQ.png
giphy.gif
Senior Moderator | Proud Ex-Leader of Aftermath
New Boards

#29 jacko

jacko

• Rating: < -5 | 3 | +5 >

Posted 17 August 2018 - 2:37 PM

HA12D, Uncut Angel and Lord V Unit videos. Posting Range2hing galleries to PKG and making a ton of threads for pures that rarely went anyway and slowly faded into obscurity.

Bearing in mind I was like 10 when I joined RSC, I used to see all the clans posting fights and be like "i'm gonna be lvl 100 and join that clan some day"

What did you enjoy most?

Ban evading The fact that there were loads of people over time on these boards that I never got to play or clan with, but got to know really well to the point of some irl friendships being forged, like the one I had with DJ Suox. Actually, the Zybez Radio duo DJ was probably the most fun I ever had on this site and I think Suox & I were the only ones to do it (probably because we were the only ones to live in the same area)

HA12D and Uncut Angel's videos are still preserved in the Old Skool Archives. Including their epic back and forth party hat staking sessions with each other. V Unit has a thread there too. Good times.

I also still have every award banner that was handed out in the PK awards for summer 2007. They were such a big deal back then, caused so much drama within the community, the absolute best time for PKing was then. Winning one of our awards for your video or gallery would put you on the RS map back then. Just reading the names of all the winners brought back a flood of memories.

jx1GvmR.png

[-Moderator & PKD Staff, PM me for assistance-]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Old school PKer. Over 300 Dharok set PK's as of 13/09/08.

#30 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• Rating: < -5 | 4 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Elysian Duck

Posted 17 August 2018 - 3:01 PM

555xdw.gif
I remember this...me and my friend were amazed at it

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

4w3Bc9n.png

MA8JzzV.gif

Ppj1oVu.jpg

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#31 Jack

Jack

★★★★★

Posted 17 August 2018 - 3:56 PM

My earliest memory was seeing the topic where Reign of Terror defeated Damage Inc to take #1 P2P. I had already been using Zybez but that fight truly sticks out in my memory as it made me realise how big and special the clan world was compared to what I already knew. Never at that time did I ever expect I'd be an Old School RoT Member one day.

In my eyes the "Zybez Community" was the clanning community and the clanning community has helped provide me with a lot of fun over the years. So a fair bit.

What did you enjoy most?
The clan beef, naturally. Seeing the creativity clans had to successfully brand themselves. Personally taking apart propaganda at every opportunity. Glad I also put a few smiles on people's faces in doing so.
LAYu8mJ.png MQeijsF.png
Cj11o9Y.gif

#32 Rashy

Rashy

• RS Name:Rashdan

Posted 17 August 2018 - 4:17 PM

Earliest memory: joining the content team before the item database was created. Content creation became so much easier after the site was re-designed to accommodate it back in ... 2006 or so? I remember working very closely with Ben and TheExtremist back then. Fun times. 

Enjoyed the most: being a radio DJ. Trolling listeners with quirky songs was a blast.

I think it was more end 2004? Can’t be sure lol. 

Might have been. I personally started in around September to October 2015 though, when I was scooped up due to posting tons of guides. I was around when we first started interconnecting, and a lot of that was done manually (I remember working with Myst during that time). I remember also testing out the item DB briefly before it was released, writing up some descriptions for it. This was also around the time when our fancy content editing setup happened too, before that, it was a lot more limited (as in only a few people could upload content). It lives on for 2007rshelp, I believe. 

#33 Hemlock

Hemlock

great is the weapon that cuts on its own.

• RS Name:lHemlock
  • Clan:Jewish Mafia

Posted 17 August 2018 - 4:59 PM

I think it was more end 2004? Can’t be sure lol. 

Might have been. I personally started in around September to October 2015 though, when I was scooped up due to posting tons of guides. I was around when we first started interconnecting, and a lot of that was done manually (I remember working with Myst during that time). I remember also testing out the item DB briefly before it was released, writing up some descriptions for it. This was also around the time when our fancy content editing setup happened too, before that, it was a lot more limited (as in only a few people could upload content). It lives on for 2007rshelp, I believe. 

So give me coffee and TV

Easily

I've seen so much I'm going blind

I'm brain-dead virtually. 

Sociability.

It's hard enough for me.

Take me away from this big bad world and agree to marry me,

so we can start over again.

/milky

McRjpxk.gif

2Owir.png

EXs5bj0.png

2018 most respected/intelligent

rsc honored member, player moderator and completionist cape.
when i was king, you would have been the first against the wall.

buy me a castle or pass me a bong, give me glenlivet i'll sing you this song

open another big box of cheap wine, if you take the low road then i'll take the high

#34 Haru

Haru

Be Not Afraid.

Posted 17 August 2018 - 9:44 PM

I remember when I communicated that human activity primarily contributing to climate change was up for discussion, and you lost your ****, No1.

vpTCmIp.png

Most Active, Hated, and Controversial Clan

Echo of Silence since September 2009

#35 Tarheels

Tarheels

• RS Name:Tarheels54

Posted 19 August 2018 - 4:04 PM

Goodbye everyone,

thank you for the great memories!

City of wonder

Profile page updated sd vs tnc,sok,dek,etc

RR vs Gladz

Retired Feb 2009

Tarheels54
Retired February 2009

Ex Saradomin Dragons Leader (SD)

Ex The Neggas Clan (TNC)

Ex Rune Raiders (RR)

#36 demanboy

demanboy

beleive in me, or fear me

Posted 20 August 2018 - 7:30 PM

best of times have got to be fights between tmrd and gladz when I was BK.  Back then you would wait for a whole month for a fight, and so much would lead up to it.  Great times, thanks for keeping it clean and respectable.  

Your signature has been removed because it was breaking the rules of this community. It was too big (either too wide or too tall) and/or its file-size was too large. To find out more, please see our Help & Rules Section. Please ensure that you fix your signature according to the rules before putting it up again. Otherwise, you may be banned. If you need any help, feel free to contact me.
Thanks, Gladz

#37 Renkotsu

Renkotsu

Tom Cruise

Posted 20 August 2018 - 8:38 PM

My earliest memory here was asking for advice on how to make some extra cash and then spending the entire month of August 2012 just running Air orbs.

Zybez honestly means a lot to me. The folks I've bonded with in the Blogs & Comics team have turned into some of my closest IRL friends and @Murdoc here has definitely helped me transform from an annoying 17-year-old ****poster who had no idea about social interactions into an annoying 22-year-old ****poster who actually knows when to shut the **** up.

What did I enjoy the most? Everything. I wouldn't have amassed almost 4,000 posts on a forum where I didn't have fun.

#38 Yoto32

Yoto32

Any tree can drop an apple: I'll drop the freakin' moon.

• Rating: < -5 | 7 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Yoto
  • Clan:Dark Slayers

Posted 21 August 2018 - 2:31 PM

Fyi, you can do a custom search on a board for just the topics you've started or posted in. Lots of interesting gems in there.

I found this topic when I met irl with another CD CL. I was on Long Island when I got a call from lkthinman, and he told me he had an extra ticket to a concert in New Jersey. I said why the hell not. We met up and talked about the good ol' days of clanning. Back in 2009. Crazy how many good friends I had on here who I haven't talked to in years.

There She Is, Scott Pilgrim, Homestuck
3WvlE6O.png
PH6vxkQ.png
giphy.gif
Senior Moderator | Proud Ex-Leader of Aftermath
New Boards

#39 Jake

Jake

• RS Name:Blaedr
  • Clan:North Korea

Posted 21 August 2018 - 3:16 PM

When I first found Zybez I viewed the forums for months before registering because I was scared that my RuneScape account could get hacked. Laughable now really, although it turns out IPs have always been for sale! I only ever came on the forums for clanning purposes and honestly loved the trolling and flaming before and after fights. There used to be a group of us who would carry the baton for days. It’s crazy how active these forums used to be at their peak.

#40 Hemlock

Hemlock

great is the weapon that cuts on its own.

• RS Name:lHemlock
  • Clan:Jewish Mafia

Posted 23 August 2018 - 5:51 PM

[ Oversized SigWarn Super Girl Aug-10-2007] 

[ Oversized SigWarn Atarah Aug-12-2007 - PM Sent]
 [ Oversized SigWarn Atarah Aug-12-2007]
 [ Oversized SigWarn Atarah Aug-15-2007]
 [ Oversized SigWarn Bulgy Sep-1-2007]
 [ Obscene AvatarWarn Atarah Sep-10-2007]
 [ Oversized SigWarn Heelflip Sep-26-2007]
 [ Oversized SigWarn Teelex Oct-27-2007]
 [ Oversized SigWarn Jeremy Jan-3-2009]

Imaging being promoted to Moderator after all of that. :#

I had a great deal of influence in elevating you young man.

Edited by Hemlock, 23 August 2018 - 5:53 PM.

McRjpxk.gif

2Owir.png

EXs5bj0.png

2018 most respected/intelligent

rsc honored member, player moderator and completionist cape.
when i was king, you would have been the first against the wall.

buy me a castle or pass me a bong, give me glenlivet i'll sing you this song

open another big box of cheap wine, if you take the low road then i'll take the high

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: