.:: PK Video of the Season ::.
Hi there! Welcome to PKVotS. This project aims to give recognition to those who are deserving. By that, we mean who has the best PK video currently on RSC. This competition is hosted by us every three months, as each season ends. The way a winner is chosen is through our team of selected and experienced judges. Your video will be viewed by a number of different people (judges) with different views, judgements, likes, dislikes and so forth, if you are interested in becoming a judge, please PM a member of the PK staff - we will only accept articulate and experienced people. The final videos with the most consistently positive reviews are then brought together and chosen upon a final standing - it is from there that a winner emerges. Videos are judged upon:
Skill - this is perhaps the most important aspect of a video. Your video can be lacking in all other areas but still be a strong contender with this alone. The more skilled PKers can anticipate their opponents moves, use the surrounding area, game mechanics and different fighting styles to their advantage. They can dominate opponents with ease and mistakes will be minimal.
Music/Editing - while music is 'to each their own', editing should definitely be one with the music, the better editors will be able to tie in gameplay, music and editing into one. A good editor will rarely use the same transition twice and will more than likely be using more advanced editing software like Sony Vegas to take advantage of the wider editing capabilities.
Loot - while it is harder for certain builds to get the better loot it is not impossible. Do some risk fights, fight different builds. We can appreciate certain account types getting a kill that is good relative to their account type.
Risk - every account type can excel in this category. The more you risk on a consistent basis shows us that you have a bit of confidence in your gear and ability to get the better of your opponent.
Variety - a big one. Use different weapons, different loadouts, different locations, include multi clips, risk fights, luring, DMing, staking - in this category, more is better.
- How this thread works: when the entry period is here (it'll be announced in the title), you'll have a certain amount of time to post your video here for us. We'll then close the topic and judge all the entries. When a winner is chosen a new topic will be created announcing the winners where you can congratulate them until the next entry phase.
- How to submit a video: when the entry phase is here and you wish to submit a video you must post it on this topic. When posting you MUST link us to THE THREAD on RSC that your video is in - we will not go searching for it. It also must be streaming - no downloads.
Current Status: ENTRIES ARE CURRENTLY OPEN. We are accepting videos created and uploaded within the dates starting March 1st, 2016 and ending August 30th, 2016. Read on for how to submit your video.
.:: Rules ::.
1. You may only post a video YOU have made - You cannot nominate anyone else.
1i. Duo/trio videos are allowed - you must be a part of the duo/trio.
1ii. Team videos are allowed - you may post it as a representative of your team.
2. You can only post one video - If you post more than one, none of your videos will be considered.
3. Time Bound - Your video must have been released in the months of which the competition is about. For example, for the Autumn/Fall competition, if you submit a video that was released in August or earlier, that entry will be disqualified.
4. Your video must be on RSC - You must have a topic here on RSC showcasing your video firstly, then you can link us to it.
5. Link us - Make sure you link us to your video, will we not go searching for it.
6. Streaming - We will not download any videos.
.:: Rewards ::.
You'll have the recognition of having the best video on Zybez. You'll get promoted to the rank of Zybez Exclusive. You'll get access to a new forum to chill with relaxed rules and discussion, among other perks. You will also receive a banner to put in your signature glorifying your achievement, and your thread will be pinned in this forum for 1 month.
.:: Judges ::.
We seek the help of regular members of this community to supplement this project. Without them, it wouldn't work. The current judges on the team are as follows:
Player Kills staff judges:
Non-Player Kills staff judges:
Ex officio judges:
.:: Recent Archive ::.
Please see the PKVotS Hall of Fame topic for earlier awards.
Autumn (Fall) 2014:
Summer/Autumn (Fall) 2015: