Photo

What Were Your Fondest Memories In The Wilderness?

• Please log in to reply
805 replies to this topic

#1 Kickflip

Kickflip

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:43 PM

Over the years the wilderness has signified a place of barrant wasteland, a mysterious forest with danger lurking behind each corner. Many people loved this idea, the chance to attack other players, a true chance to see their skills put to the test. The wilderness, for me however brought a lot of joy to this game for me, I shared a lot of good times pking and making new friends. Clan wars were always a big part of my life, the big thrill of marching out to the battlegrounds, all the hype and different clans that crashed, anti crash units, looters, nh clans, just all the craziness of the wilderness was how fun it was, basically there was no rules out there, just a free for all. I for one am sure going to miss the wild and the happiness is brought me. It has now been replaced with a dull mini game that appeals to a small majority of runescape players. What were your most memorable times in the wilderness when the word pking still existed?

*Please keep in mind this is not a rant thread, if you are going to flame jagex do so in the appropriate forum.*

~[Kickflip]~

Edited by Blitzen, 23 December 2007 - 09:35 PM.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/8905/bobmarleysig.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

"And it's just, a box of rain, I don't know who put it there, believe it if you need it, or leave it if you dare. And it's, just a box of rain, or a ribbon for your hair, such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."

#2 Owen1993

Owen1993

R.I.P. the Old Wilderness

• RS Name:Dalton 889
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:48 PM

My first whip pk was my first memorable...I was so over joyed. The wild was here practically when RS first started. 100% here when RS2 started. Its a big disappointment what Jagex has done.
Posted Image He's like "Hai!"

#3 Trinc

Trinc

The Shins

• RS Name:Owl Fever

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:48 PM

One time we kept recruiting pures until we had a massive like 50 pure team, i got the hyper cam out and we had a blast, no one could stand in our way, and we took out any team that came by. I dont think i could really name all the good times ive had in the wild, it was what my whole runescape experience revolved around, and so much happened there for me, its going to be gravely missed.
Training a new veracs pure staker --> Ador3d

#4 Master_mmo

Master_mmo

I'm just so OP

• RS Name:Master Mmo

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:52 PM

My best memory would be when I got my first solo rune pk, felt so happy.... then a pjer came and i got ownt :S

Posted Image
EX-TEH Warlord
Ex-EH intro
Ex-Gladz intro

#5 Simsesarcher

Simsesarcher

• RS Name:Simsesarcher
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:53 PM

All my m8s

#6 i rankin i

i rankin i

runescape is dead!

• RS Name:i rankin i

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:53 PM

oh man the wildy.. i miss it alraedy, but i did have some good times. as of now tho i have quited runescape. jagex first killed stakers..thats like 10k people lost...YOU LOST 50,000$a month from that update jagex!!!

now the wildy.. rofl more people pk (such as myself) than stake so.. well about 70 grand lost form this update...

back onto the topic.. my best kill was when i was on my rune pure and was fighting one of the first people i have ever faught when i first started pking p2p. he ran in i attacked he was skulled he attacked for a while.. he didnt eat any food. then he ran i hit like a 20 and k0ed him even tho he didnt eat.. the drop was...rune plate, rune legs, obby shield, WHIP. i guess he turned off protects or he didnt have any pray when he ran out of the wild so i got his whip.

another good pk was on the pure i have atm.. i just got this kill about 4 days ago.. it was an insane fight really good. we were fighting all out then he ran out of sharks and ran i got my last specal bar at the last sec when he ran and i ddsed a 13 13 and killed the person and once he hit the ground i got a strength level up... GRATS ON 74 STR I RANKIN I!!!!

good bye for ever runescape ([size=1]untill u fix the ga

#7 Spirrus

Spirrus

Forum Hobo

• RS Name:Spirrus

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:58 PM

My most memoralbe moment. Hehe, the first time I got a kill, though I only got an addy sword and iron kiteshield  :-P

Also, and I'm sure for many others here, the MSSW, all three of them. And the times I had with my best friend, Slayer 6758, joyriding across the wilderness with the sole purpose of running away from pkers and having fun.
http://img406.images...usnilsigpl1.jpg [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

#8 Jake

Jake

Where amazing happens.

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:06 PM

Well this quite a long while ago.
It was when i lead a clan called TSE we had a iron war against 5 other clans all on all.
I was a young inexperienced leader and we WON:D
Was against a few 90+ clans and 80+ and we were 70 +
I was so happy and so were my clan members, we were celebrating on the thread.
Was RSB clan btw.

Divine Forces for longer than your clan has been alive. 

euo26.png

#9 Th3 26th letter

Th3 26th letter

It's like the tour de france except on bikes.

• RS Name:vaati44

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:08 PM

Green dragon autoer killing with my mates. All 3 quit because of update.

Edited by Th3 26th letter, 11 December 2007 - 04:08 PM.

#10 Sorvereign 9

Sorvereign 9

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:13 PM

Good memories.
RS - 2h + Crossbow. Very cheap way. Double log, attack a person with meleer and 2h, turn on protect item. Go to ranger screen, walk in 1, fire 1 or 2 bolts. Dead usually immediately, no losses, free 2h. Sometimes with friends also.
RS2 - More action, 1 year of it to turn from skiller to everything is for PKing. 1v1s with friends, rl friend pking team. It was fun while it lasted.

#11 PoultryChamp

PoultryChamp

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:15 PM

Walking for hours with my clan. So much fun since we all joked about and such. :-P Never again...

#12 Maestro

Maestro

• RS Name:Mistro00000
  • Clan:The

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:17 PM

View PostPoultryChamp, on Dec 11 2007, 04:15 PM, said:

Walking for hours with my clan. So much fun since we all joked about and such. :-D Never again...

Seeing as we didn't pk much during those trips, we can still wander aimlessly around :-P

My best memory was when I got a rune long from a greater :)

78/94 Range

Posted Image

Ex Phobia - Ex Firebirdz - Ex Dragonwood - Ex Anarchy - Ex 'The' - Ex The Rising

#13 Kickflip

Kickflip

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:20 PM

well heres a list of my memories or the majority that I can remember:
- Wandering around F2P wildy as a level 3
- Meeting the crew (Cypion, V8godfather, Exioni, Goldeneye)
- Clan Wars
- PKRI's
- Fun clan events in the wild
- Pking on the pure(s)
- My first rune pk (H)
- Pking with all my neighbors
- GDZ trips on the mains and pures with Heelflop
- Oldschool pking on Sshack
- looting numerous famous wars including a couple big names
- Getting a rune rock pk
- Learning all the pking terms
- Leading several big pk trips
- Being in the clans THOR, TD and TTG
- Meeting all my good friends in the wild
- My last pk trip in the wild :-P

~[Kickflip]~

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/8905/bobmarleysig.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

"And it's just, a box of rain, I don't know who put it there, believe it if you need it, or leave it if you dare. And it's, just a box of rain, or a ribbon for your hair, such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there."

#14 guujin_kun

guujin_kun

I'm over it.

• RS Name:guujin_kun

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:42 PM

I remember my first pk. I was so excited, but it wasn't anything more than 2k.  :-P I use to enjoy the adrenaline, teaming up with random players, and finding piles on the floor left behind by players that didn't have any inventory space. The wilderness use to be a really fun place to go. I'm going to miss it.

R.I.P. Runescape.

#15 jaskkes

jaskkes

• RS Name:Jaskkes
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:49 PM

Cant wait to tank and own some noobs at bounty hunter

Best kill? None, im a skillzer
Posted Image

#16 d rider57

d rider57

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:53 PM

ahh dead rs pking... my favorite reason i loved to play... i had more pk files than u could emagine from lvl7-63 of all types pure mele str range mage range/mage range/2h rune pure o the fun.. my last pk was with a lil lvl31 of mine by the name of m a u l lmao 10att and 54 str he owned it up till the end and still has the skull currently not playing on him because im keeping the old skull there for there will be no more
http://img511.images...sdeadaq6mo3.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

#17 lukz13

lukz13

~Unwanted Program

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:56 PM

Well, when i was training mage with rats at varrock wldy, i got out and got nearly PKed by a full ranger. I filled with courage, got my full addy on and got him!! like 50k profit from that time (tht was when i was a 30, now im a 62 lol ^^ nice times those...)

Posted Image

#18 Slayboy

Slayboy

I'm back!

• RS Name:No

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:54 PM

hmm... best memory...

Definitely. I pked some noob pickpocketing rogues at rogues fortress... with a rubber chicken...

=)

he dropped 10k cash and like 400 airs. I'm a level 98, so thats not that much to me, but it was so hilarious!

#19 Valvin

Valvin

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

• RS Name:Valvin89
  • Clan:Skilling

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:55 PM

When me and my clan mb team which was about 15 ppl took on about 15 DI until they got reinforcements :P killed one of em but got pjed. Also the time i pked with my irl mate at mb. We were both level 90's using god spells and it owned, we kept dying but got this one level 102 in splitbark and rune! it was bliss lol. Those were my best moments.
Posted Image

99/99 Attack
99/99 Strength
99/99 Defence
99/99 Hp
99/99 Mage
92/99 Range
82/82 Prayer
48/88 Summoning

#20 0ver Run

0ver Run

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:59 PM

well my fav memory from the old wilderness was my 1st kill with decent loot on my 1st pure i was only 50 att 60 str 1 def and sum noob tryed 2 fire bolt and maul spec me and he failed 100% he took 15 hp off from his "rush" and i cast my snare on him and speced 23 23 9 gf :) was only g maul and a cb brace but was my 1st decent kill :D

my worst memory is i was pkin on my main lvl 4 edge in the middle of a fight then the update timer comes on and my opponent ran for the ditch so i did the same and said we would continue after the update. loged back on and gf wilderness?
gf 1 def thanks jagex u own big time. def: 35/70. 10/12/07 gf runescape

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: