• 2.0 [ Relleka vs.Waterbirth Island ]
  • 3.0 [ Waterbirth Island ]
  • 4.0 [ Relleka ]
  • 5.0 [ EXP Tables - The truth to which spot is better ]
  • 6.0 [ What to wear (for your level) ]
  • 7.0 [ Frequently Asked Questions ]
  • 8.0 [ Credits ]
[u]1.0 [ Introduction ][/u]
This guide will be simpley about the popular Rock Crabs. Rock Crabs are low-leveled little critters, packed with more Hitpoints then what a normal level thirteen monster would have. I will show you what you should have to get the best experience of both spot, Waterbirth Island and Relleka. Both have different pros and cons, which I will tell you about both. To help you pick the best possible place that suits you the most.

Please talk a few seconds to post, and please read the whole guide.

Rock Crab when you haven't gotten close to yet:

Then when you come in close:

======================

[u]2.0 [ Relleka vs. Waterbirth Island ][/u]
In this section I will show you the pros and cons of both different spots which Rock Crabs occupy.

Relleka:

Pros:

A lot more Rock Crabs are here then Waterbirth Island

Able to get Rock Crabs if more then one person is there

Cons:
Can get VERY populated

People bring Cannons there regularly

Annoying players can come, and I mean annoying

You lose run percentage when running for the Rock Crab

When out of run percentage, walking can get very boring

Waterbirth Island:

Pros:

You can be afk for short amounts of times (will be explained in depth)

There is both an afk spot and where you can train at keyboard

Alot less populated then Relleka

Alot less moving is involved then Relleka, especially when afking

Cons:
Costs a small fine
Can get aggravating when someone tries to steal your spot

As you can see, Waterbirth has alot less Cons then Relleka, therefore (in my opinion) Waterbirth is the most efficent way to train at Rock Crabs. This doesn't mean you still have to train there, and there are certain techniques which can make Relleka effective.

======================

[u]3.0 [ Waterbirth Island ][/u]

Definitions to know:
1. A-F-K - "AFK" simply stand for "Away From Keyboard". Jagex says this is against rules, but in this case it is not. Since the fact that Rock Crabs become unagressive after a certain amount of time. I DO NOT RECOMMEND AFKING, it is totally up to you. Due to the fact that anything can happen, and you can die. If you are willing to afk, please check every 25 seconds or so.
How to get there:
(From Camelot/Seers Village)

What your Inventory should look like:

(Totally optional, if your 1 Defence I suggest your inventory looks like mine)

Ahhhh, the great breeze of the ocean wind whipping against your face. And the smell of Rock Crab dung, nothing can get better then that huh?

Strategy of getting into Rock Crab "Triangles":

There is one major "AFK" place to train on this island and it is here:

In this spot, there are three Rock Crabs in the form of the triangle. This is for maximum experience because about the whole time you will never be standing (if you did it right). Here's the proper way to enter the triangle (even though you can do it anyway you wish).

The BLUE arrows here point to where you should run if the Rock Crabs become unagressive for you. When you come to the end of the first blue arrow (on RuneScape), just click on the transportation and get as close to the water as possible. Then run back to the area using the stragey of getting into the triangle successfully.

[u]Step 1[/u]: You run in from the east (where you enter when the ship drops you off) and attack the most eastward Rock Crab and kill it.
[u]Step 2[/u]: Then to the most southwestern Rock Crab, run right in front of it and the Rock Crab north of that will try to attack you but will stay behind the southwestern one. Kill both of them.
[u]Step 3[/u]: Where the most northwestern one spawns, go to the east one square. And you have a perfect spawn going and turn on AUTO RETALIATE so you attack the monster back.

I will show the second, and last spot you can AFK at, but I do not recommend using it unless you are really low-leveled:

The BLUE arrows here indicate the path you take to make the Rock Crabs aggressive. Here, just run all the way until you hit the Cave Entrance then walk right in front of it, and come back.

Here, there are only two Rock Crabs you can attack. It's a major difference from the three if you kill these fast enough. I will tell you the best way to get the spawn started:

[u]Step 1:[/u] Attack the most southwestern Rock Crab without interfering with the western one. Kill the southwestern one, then slaughter the western one.
[u]Step 2:[/u] Go one block east from where the most western one spawns, stand there, and turn auto retaliate on.

This spot limits the experience that you get by quite a lot compared to the three Rock Crabs that I have mentioned before. I will now explain the two spots on Waterbirth where you cannot AFK, but is still very effective:

As you can see, the most east one is much more larger radius then the more western area. Therefore, there are a lot more Rock Crabs at the eastern area then the western. I suggest that if you don't AFK you train at the most eastern side, and about 80% of the time, THERE'S NO ONE THERE!!

Most Eastern Side:
There are a total of four Rock Crabs in this area, one in the northwest, two to the west, and one to the southeast. To make an effective cycle try to kill from the north, to the west, to the south, and redo the cycle. That will guarantee the best possible experience from this area. Again, barely anyone comes here. So take control of this spot quick!

Most Western Side:
There are a total of two Rock Crabs in this area, one is the most north to the fence, and another is more east to the fence. These two Rock Crabs are much more closer, but not close enough to AFK. Again, barely anyone trains here.

======================

[u]4.0 [ Relleka Rock Crabs ][/u]

How to get there:

What your Inventory should look like:
(Totally optional, if your 1 Defence I suggest your inventory looks like mine)

Why Iron Knives? Simple, to get maximum Rock Crabs as you can. Let's say a Rock Crab spawns a few blocks a way, and there's another player going for it. Just click on the Knives, hit the Rock Crab, switch back to melee. Just do that repeaditly. A great technique, saves a lot of running also.

Credit to [url="http://www.zybez.net/community/index.php?showuser=149118"]Hitting Zero[/url] for mentioning to me the RED highlighted area:

The RED spot that I have highlighted is the only multi spot avalible to the Relleka RC killers. This spot is especially useful for the new players have have low attack/stength since it will take quite long for them to kill a rock crab. This will stop any other character to quickly run over, and kill your Rock Crab. Just once you have attacked one (attack one near the RED zone), drag one into it and voila, you have a Rock Crab all for yourself.

The GREEN spot that I have highlighted is the majority of Relleka's Rock Crab zone. This spot is all multi and which is why it is a perfect spot for cannoners. If you hate cannons steal-killing you, this is probably not the spot to come, but fortunatly not all worlds have cannons in them, which you can find quite frequently. There is also a Edible Seaweed spawn which you can pick up, and eat.

The BLUE spot is where you run when the Rock Crabs become un-aggressive. Run to somewhere in that area, then run back and continue training.

======================

[u]5.0 [ EXP Tables ][/u]
In this section, you cannot base your EXP will be as fast, or as slow as mine. My character's Strength level is 82 and his Attack is 60, but I was training Defensive and it's level is 58.

Waterbirth Island EXPs:
Major AFK Spot: With my stats, I get about three kills per minute (the spawn was a little shakey). Therfore we will use this as an equation. Thanks to Zybez's kills per minute system, I get about 36,000 exp per hour.

Rock Crab's XP per kill: 200
Rock Crab EXP per hour while killing three a minute: 36,000

36,000 / 120: 180

That's 180 Rock Crabs per hour

In this section, I will show you how many Rock Crabs you have to kill, and how long it'll take you for every 10 levels, starting from level 40. (Remember again, I am using the information I have obtained it will be alittle different when you will be doing it with lower or higher stats).

40 Attack(41,000 EXP) - 50 Attack (110,000 EXP): 70,000 EXP
70,000 - 36,000
= 34,000, 34,000 = 55 minutes.
Total Time: Approximately 1 hour and 55 minutes.

50 Attack (110,000 EXP) - 60 Attack (274,000 EXP):
164,000 EXP
164,000 / 36,000 = 4 (hours), 20,000 EXP = 44 minutes.
Total Time: Approximately 4 hours and 44 minutes.

60 Attack (274,000 EXP) - 70 Attack (740,000 EXP):
466,000 EXP
466,000 / 36000 = 12 (hours), 34,000 = 55 minutes.
Total Time: Approximately 12 hours and 55 minutes.

70 Attack (740,000 EXP) - 80 Attack (1,990,000 EXP):
1,250,000 EXP
1,250,000 / 36,000 = 34 (hours), 6,000 = 17 minutes.
Total Time: Approximately 34 hours and 17 minutes.

80 Attack (1,990,000 EXP) -
90 Attack (5,400,000 EXP): 3,410,000 EXP
3,410,000 / 36,000 = 94 (hours), 26,000 = 72 minutes.
Total Time: 95 hours and 12 minutes.

90 Attack (5,400,000 EXP) - 99 Attack (13,500,000 EXP): 8,100,000 EXP
8,000,000 / 36,000 = 225 (hours)
Total Time: 225 hours

======================

[u]6.0 [ What to Wear (for your level) ]
[/u]This section is totally optional to you because Rock Crabs hit very rarely (20+ Defence), so if your the Defence level I stated, and don't feel like bringing Rune/Barrows etc, don't they still won't hit you.

What to Wear Video:

Level 1 Defence:
Picture coming soon

Head: [u]Iron Helmet[/u]/Ghostly Hood/Anything
Chest: [u]Iron Platebody[/u]/Ghostly Robe
Legs: Iron Platelegs/Ghostly Robe/[u]D'Hide you can wear[/u]
Shield: [u]Iron Kiteshield[/u]
Weapon: Best weapon you can weild
Cape: [u]Obsidian Cape[/u]/Anything
Amulet: Glory Amulet/[u]Fury Amulet[/u]
[u]
[/u]Whatever I underlined and turned red, is what I recommend you to wear. It'll give you the best Defence bonus you can have and it'll make training at Rock Crabs easier (if it's not easy enough :-P ).

Level 40/50 Defence:
Picture coming soon

Head: [u]Rune Helmet[/u]/Nothing
Chest: Rune Platebody/[u]Granite Platebody[/u]
Legs: [u]Rune Platelegs[/u]
Shield: [u]Rune Kiteshield[/u]
Weapon: I suggest that you have a Dragon weapon at this Defence
Cape: [u]Obsidian[/u]/Anything
Amulet: Glory Amulet/Fury Amulet

I have skipped levels 10, 20, and 30 since those levels are basically self-explainable. For 10, wear Black, 20, Initiate or Mithril, and 30 Adamant or Prolystye.

60/70 Defence:
Picture coming soon

Head: Dragon Med/Barrows Helm/[u]Rune Helmet[/u]/Nothing
Chest: Dragon Chainbody/Barrows Platebody/[u]Granite Platebody[/u]
Legs: [u]Dragon Platelegs[/u]/Barrows Legs/Rune Platelegs
Shield: Dragon Square Sheild/[u]Crystal Shield[/u]/Obsidian Shield
Weapon: Whip/Dragon Weapon
Cape: [u]Obsidian Cape[/u]
Amulet: Glory Amulet/Fury Amulet

If you're wondering why I picked a Rune Helmet over a Barrows or Dragon helmet. Or why I picked Chainbody over other choices and the same with the platelegs. Is because I don't think it's worth it bringing Barrows to a place like this, and it'll start to degrade. I think it's just a waste of money and I don't recommend it, it's simply not worth it.

[u]
[/u]
======================
[u]
7.0 [ Frequently Asked Questions ]
[/u]

Q: Is this your first guide?

A:
-Yes it is. And I'm proud of it :-) -

Q: How long did you train at Rock Crabs?

A:
- I trained there until 60 Attack, and about 78 Strength -

======================

[u]8.0 [ Credits ][/u]

======================

[center]
[quote][b][u]Guide Copyright Notice:[/u]
All Guides are Copyright

Edited by [Peter], 01 December 2007 - 10:06 PM.

#2 ""Autumn""

""Autumn""

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:58 AM

Good guide, you've shown just about everything a new member would need to know about the rock crabs. However, for a pure, I would recommend cakes rather than salmon. Not only are they edible in three slices, but they are easily obtained through the cake stall in Ardougne. Also, if one does decide to AFK, 10 seconds seems like a little too often to be checking back. I would say maybe 20-30 seconds would be good, unless you're really paranoid about dying.

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:35 PM

Haha, alright thank you. I will definetly put in about the cakes, and I will switch the checking back time to be throughout 20-30 seconds.

P.S. I still love your pixel :-P, haha.

#4 Hatred

Hatred

"Be The Hated, Not The Hater".

• RS Name:Sorhu
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:28 PM

Nice guide Flatthead, I love it, espicially the part when you tell the people about the exact time of the levels they want if they want to get it. Good guide 4/5, just needs a little bit more info about the exp the crabs get, more sites say Rock Crabs give 200 exp not 130, and tell some info about how the crabs differ in size.

http://halotech.org/...che/91655_3.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

|TD:50|TS:50|MLG:50|TSN:50|TO:50|SWAT:25|

|GamerTag: XBOX Horus/RS Username: Sorhu|
|I Give Halo 3 Lessons For RuneScape Money Tips|

#5 Unwatchable

Unwatchable

SKILLER

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:35 PM

That's a great guide :D! You can add some more AFK Spots for Defence Pures. There are two more that you didn't add. ( ONLY USEFUL IF YOU ARE A LOW LEVEL OR DEFENCE PURE LIKE ME. I got 70 Defence from 60 there, doing homework the whole time :)! )

Also, at Relleka. You can drag your Rock Crabs to the Bridge and it's Non-Multi there. That's useful, again, only if you're a low level or Defence Pure like me, and take a long time killing the Crabs. On that note; experiment and get the Non-Multi Combat Squares on the Bridge outside Relleka, and add that to your Guide :-D. Found that out the hard way ;).

Posted 10 October 2007 - 01:16 PM

Alright, thanks I will definetly add that :-), no doubt.

Thanks Hatred :-), it's good too see you again.

#7 Beat

Beat

Posted 10 October 2007 - 02:17 PM

Nice guide, well written, You have missed another spot off the Waterbirth part, Just a little further past the dungeon :-) Nobody ever trains at that spot, probably best to check it out yourself and think about adding it? :-)
http://sigs.dalegend...eat_85_Hits.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

Posted 10 October 2007 - 04:17 PM

Yeah I thought about that before, but it's a two Rock Crab spot. Which I don't recommend to train at, but I will add it :-).

#9 Karll

Karll

from here to eternity

• RS Name:Zerk4a
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:32 PM

F L A T T: There is no need to continuously bump your guide when having dropped down a few spots. The only real time to bump it is when it is off the first page.

Posted Image

LoL: smok0

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:39 PM

I'm sorry, I will stop. :-).

#11 TUNF

TUNF

I'm back

• RS Name:P Y

Posted 15 October 2007 - 03:31 PM

Sorry if somebody caught this already, BUT rock crabs have 50 hp, you get 4 exp for everytime you hit 1 so 50 * 4 = 200 exp per rock crab, you are almost doubling the exp gained from what you said

Posted Image

Posted 15 October 2007 - 06:54 PM

View Postdevils_right, on Oct 15 2007, 04:31 PM, said:

Sorry if somebody caught this already, BUT rock crabs have 50 hp, you get 4 exp for everytime you hit 1 so 50 * 4 = 200 exp per rock crab, you are almost doubling the exp gained from what you said
Sorry, I must've missed that. I'll fix all my EXPs now.

View PostFlukemann, on Oct 15 2007, 05:24 PM, said:

Great guide...i never even heard of rock crabs until now and im doing it and so far ive gone up 2 lvls in under a half hour.

Thanks

EDIT: I just noticed that after a while the rock crabs stopped responding to me when i went near them. Does that ever happen??
Are you training at Relleka? I have have added what you do if your at Relleka, I'll add what you do if your at Waterbirth :wub:.

#13 TUNF

TUNF

I'm back

• RS Name:P Y

Posted 17 October 2007 - 02:47 PM

With the what to wear video guide, watched just about 10 seconds ago TBH, when the 1 defence pure, you say the mith gloves can't be used for them, which is wrong. RFD gloves don't require any defence levels, just the quests needed to do. You can do the quests for mith gloves and still ahve 1 defence and wear them. Gloves less defence needed to do quests and get them is listed below

Bronze-Mith = 1 Defence
Addy = 13 Defence (Nature Spirit)
Rune = 39 Defence {unsure}
Dragon = 43 {unsure}
Barrows = 43 also

That's it I think, so just change that or edit out of video

Posted Image

Posted 17 October 2007 - 03:50 PM

I'm going to completely redo that whole video anyway. I just don't like it.

Thanks for telling me that :$.

Edited by F L A T T, 17 October 2007 - 03:59 PM.

Posted 17 October 2007 - 04:25 PM

View PostS E 3 K, on Oct 17 2007, 05:21 PM, said:

In your video you noted that 1 defence pures cannot wear mith gloves. This is false. 1 defence pures can wear up to mithril, 20 defencers can wear up to addy
EDIT: My bad didnt read that others guy post which is absically the same as mine
Haha yeah, I'm in the process of fixing that video. Was a little late when I made it :yes: . It will be updated with Sony Vegas (along with the other video), so it'll come out nice. Thanks anway :$ .

I have also missed numerous things in that video, as other armours you can wear. But, my getting into Rock Crab triangle video is pretty good and I'm fond of it.

Edited by F L A T T, 17 October 2007 - 04:29 PM.

#16 Karll

Karll

from here to eternity

• RS Name:Zerk4a
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:21 PM

F L A T T: I've told you before, and I will tell you again; do not bump your guide when having dropped down a few spaces on the index page.

Posted Image

LoL: smok0

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:24 PM

View PostKarll, on Oct 17 2007, 08:21 PM, said:

F L A T T: I've told you before, and I will tell you again; do not bump your guide when having dropped down a few spaces on the index page.
Ughhhhh, I'm sorry... Once again :$ . It's just addicting. I'll stop now.

Make sure you watch the two videos (majorly the how to get into Rock Crab Triangle one), I will be redoing that one.

By the way, WHAT TO WEAR HAS BEEN REDONE!!!

Edited by vegury, 19 October 2007 - 07:04 AM.

#18 vegury

vegury

Vince

• RS Name:vegury

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:21 AM

Moved to General Guides, congratulations. :thumbsup:

*Vegury

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted 22 October 2007 - 06:53 PM

Thank you so much!!! :thumbsup:.

Posted 23 October 2007 - 05:30 AM

View PostUnknown_H3sh, on Oct 22 2007, 08:10 PM, said:

omg i so thank u for this guide.. this helped me alot... although when i go to crabs.. there are way to many ppl there..
Yes I have noticed the increase of people going to Waterbirth Island. It's best to play at around 11 PM Eastern to find easy spots. Try checking worlds that are usually full, or worlds that are in the middle of nowhere on the world screen :blink: .

P.S I will post a world screen, and I will show the best worlds to train.

Edited by F L A T T, 23 October 2007 - 05:31 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: