Photo
- - - - -

Castle Bores

• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

Poll: Castle Wars (1615 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you enjoy playing Castle Wars?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Do you think it needs an update?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 omarss

omarss

Rei: EVA Unit-00

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:17 AM

The idea sounds good but you went overboard with the tickets, 20 tickets is not proportionate to the other teams. <3 Guthix. ^_^

Posted Image
Those who give their dreams wings, will fly. EVA unit 00: Rei; Blue wolf: Dita; Orochi of the Eight Heads

#22 Ovidius

Ovidius

• RS Status:Member

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:21 AM

its a cool idea.
CW will require much more tactics and such, much more teamwork then before..

i hope i could ever see this idea come to reality

#23 Arkaney

Arkaney

• RS Name:Arkaney

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:33 AM

The guthix team should have some NPC's guarding the camps as well, would make it slightly more fair, like "Knight of Guthix" or something.

Posted Image

#24 Murdoc

Murdoc

"calm as a cucumber"

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:44 PM

View PostArkaney, on Aug 31 2007, 06:33 PM, said:

The guthix team should have some NPC's guarding the camps as well, would make it slightly more fair, like "Knight of Guthix" or something.

View PostSteve, on Aug 31 2007, 07:46 PM, said:

I Support This Completely

A Very Nice Suggestion :)

Thanks Steve :)

Arkaney, i appreciate your idea but i don't think NPC's would work. The reason being is that Castle wars is so famous for being able to attack other players in a fun enviroment without the risk of losing items, I don't think NPC's would keep the essence of the game.
Mew%20Lp.png
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#25 sodiumhydroxideNAoH

sodiumhydroxideNAoH

• RS Name:whizzkid1993
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:55 PM

If this is to be put in, the gates and tents must be less powerful. Many level 95+ are capable of ice bursts and barrage. Even with two teams trying to batter the place, they will die too fast. Also, when Guthix loses they should end the game right there and then, not get to a Zamorak or sarnd team. That is like giving them a second chance to switch teams-which was never allowed. But I still think it is too complicated to add in, Castle Wars is like a 1 on 1 thing, if there was a third party that they have to kill or run away from, it will mess the whole thing up. So I do not think this is a great idea. But you have put load of effort I believe, and nice try.

#26 Murdoc

Murdoc

"calm as a cucumber"

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:36 AM

View PostsodiumhydroxideNAoH, on Sep 1 2007, 05:55 AM, said:

If this is to be put in, the gates and tents must be less powerful. Many level 95+ are capable of ice bursts and barrage. Even with two teams trying to batter the place, they will die too fast. Also, when Guthix loses they should end the game right there and then, not get to a Zamorak or sarnd team. That is like giving them a second chance to switch teams-which was never allowed. But I still think it is too complicated to add in, Castle Wars is like a 1 on 1 thing, if there was a third party that they have to kill or run away from, it will mess the whole thing up. So I do not think this is a great idea. But you have put load of effort I believe, and nice try.

I agree with your thing on the less powerful gates and tents, ive taken both HP lvl's way down so thanks for pointing that out.

But however i think that if the game ended right there when Guthix is defeated, it wouldn't really be much fun as it would discourage people from attacking the camps. It doesn't really give players a chance to switch teams because they don't have the power to decide wether they want to join Sara or Zammy.

But hey this is just a suggestion and im not gonna push Jagex to add this is in. I loved Castle Wars when i was a member, just thought this would make it funner.
Mew%20Lp.png
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#27 Mario Freak4

Mario Freak4

• RS Name:Mario Freak4

Posted 01 September 2007 - 07:36 PM

For this to happen the length of the game would ahve to be greatly extended. It would take way to long to do 2500 hp worth of damage to the tents not to mention the fact that the tents can be repaired. The idea is interesting and could be entertaining but I don't see it working.
Click here to take a gullibility test.

#28 Murdoc

Murdoc

"calm as a cucumber"

Posted 03 September 2007 - 02:25 AM

Keeping the game span for 20 minutes makes it even funner, it means people really have to think about what they're going to have to do and wether it will affect their team.

It will just make CW more tactical. In real life war, you don't have all the time in the world to organize troops, supplies and defences. You have to do it all before the battle starts.
Mew%20Lp.png

#29 Tmazz

Tmazz

Save the Whales. Skill not Kill

• RS Name:Tmazz 109

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:47 PM

Guthix is suppost to be about balence and peace. Just look at the druids, Guthix's most strict followers. They are people of peace.

Putting Guthix in castle wars wouldn't make sense. Zammorak and Saradomin don't like each other very much because of there differences. Guthix is in the middle, not taking any side.
Posted Image
76 COMBAT

#30 Slvr D Eagle

Slvr D Eagle

I <3 PRO

Posted 04 September 2007 - 11:38 PM

Why not just have a graphical update and allow Guthix it's own Fort? Green capes ftw.

By the way, while we're at it... Can we PLEASE remove the hoods from the game?? Why can't I wear a helm? We use capes to signify team in the wilderness, we're fully capable of doing so in castle wars.

I do support the majority of the idea though :)

Leader of Team PRO
Posted Image
99 Range - 99 Defence - 99 Hitpoints - 99 Prayer - 109 Combat

#31 SuperGT

SuperGT

Bust a move.

Posted 05 September 2007 - 04:27 AM

Ok well you know, I've always wanted a Guthix team, but honestly I feel that the reason Guthix is even in castle wars is 1. Its one of the 3 most common gods. And 2. It represents good and evil there for random. Though what I think is Guthix shouldn't be just sending you to the team with the lower amount of players but it SHOULD be random. Thats something that really sets me off when I want to choose guthix, it isn't random and half the time (if i've been playing for even 1 or 2 games) I will already know what team I will end up on. Though honestly, i'm not too upset with the idea of NOT having a guthix team, nor if they implimented this I wouldn't be heart broken either.

#32 Smart_4_1if3

Smart_4_1if3

Posted 08 September 2007 - 05:38 AM

this is a good idea but it might mess up castle wars how it is and i know it would be weird
Posted Image

#33 MichiganUnit

MichiganUnit

Eat. Sleep. Breathe Carolina.

Posted 08 September 2007 - 02:44 PM

This is a great idea and would be fun to play on. Add pictures though, so people can get more of a visual on what it would look like. I'm not sure if I missed it, but where do people get those healing balms on team Guthix? BTW, 15 hp is a bit much, it should be your combat level/10 like it is for Sara and Zammy

#34 Murdoc

Murdoc

"calm as a cucumber"

Posted 09 September 2007 - 02:50 AM

View PostAnnie My Love, on Sep 8 2007, 09:44 PM, said:

This is a great idea and would be fun to play on. Add pictures though, so people can get more of a visual on what it would look like. I'm not sure if I missed it, but where do people get those healing balms on team Guthix? BTW, 15 hp is a bit much, it should be your combat level/10 like it is for Sara and Zammy

I know i didn't really explain it much but the balms are found on tables in the camps near the middle. Not very good at pics so i dont really know how to create a visual walkthrough.

Guess 15 is alright cause the Guthix players need to do lots and will take some heavy beating. I didn't know that bandages healed cmb lvl / 10 :cry:
Mew%20Lp.png

#35 Anti-True

Anti-True

Commence Operation Blub

• RS Name:Rune Ready
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 10 September 2007 - 02:22 PM

I think it would crowd CW a little too much. I already mstakenly attack my own players, I don't want another team to interfere with that. Maybe make and advanced version of CW? Ooh, maybe I'll have to start thinking about that. A CW for the little kids and one for the big kids. *NO BIG KIDS ALLOWED IN THE LITTLE KIDS AREA* It needs thought...alot of it...

Edited by DevotedMansonLover, 10 September 2007 - 02:24 PM.

Posted Image

#36 Murdoc

Murdoc

"calm as a cucumber"

Posted 11 September 2007 - 10:33 AM

View PostDevotedMansonLover, on Sep 10 2007, 09:22 PM, said:

I think it would crowd CW a little too much. I already mstakenly attack my own players, I don't want another team to interfere with that. Maybe make and advanced version of CW? Ooh, maybe I'll have to start thinking about that. A CW for the little kids and one for the big kids. *NO BIG KIDS ALLOWED IN THE LITTLE KIDS AREA* It needs thought...alot of it...

Errrr.....

If you have played CW you'd realise that you CANNOT attack team-mates, your God won't allow it... Are you thinking of the wilderness??
Mew%20Lp.png

#37 T 800

T 800

Posted 11 September 2007 - 10:52 AM

Far too complicated for a game such as Castle Wars. Sure, a guthix team would be nice, but remember the saying - "keep it simple, stupid".

Don't take it as a stab, though. I like the way you have presented your idea and it's very well put across. The only problem I see with it is that I feel it will be immensly hard for Guthix to win the game; them having to defend both flags till the end of the game is a tough challenge, especially when you have two other teams battering against you.

Perhaps making just one camp where guthix sits in the top right or bottom left of the castlewars arena would be better. Also; I like the idea with the destroyable tents ;)

Oh, and P.S another small problem I can forsee happening is that if this were to ever come into RuneScape, wouldn't there be a loss of competition between Zamorak/Saradomin? Perhaps both teams would just attack guthix camps, them being new.

#38 Euro

Euro

Men do less than they ought, unless they do all they can.

Posted 11 September 2007 - 03:41 PM

what if guthix is only there to help both of the teams, while in zamorak castle they can only attack saradomin & while in saradomin castle they can only attack zamorak and out in the "field" they can attack both. But still! they will not have tents, they will just have a spawn location just as saradomin and zamorak, but not in a castle, maybe a basement under the tunnel would been cool. and about how guthix will win, if guthix (as it's ment to be a balanced god) would earn/win 2 tickets when it's a DRAW. And they will earn DUBBLE tickets if they make the standings at ZERO. Of course guthix will have a limit of players, maybe half of sara/zammy (the team with most players) so it won't be as unfair.

~ Europa bk :thumbsup:

#39 metfan

metfan

kenpachifriedchicken

• RS Name:Metfan Pk
  • Clan:None

Posted 11 September 2007 - 07:33 PM

Guthix does need his own team...If you were no it, you could act as a neutral helper and steal zammy's flag for sara, then steal sara's flag for zammy...so each team could send a scout and use him/her to steal..i support!

w0000000000t! 50th post! im a member! id like to thank, none of u, only me for my hard work, dedication, and partial spamming! lol jk bout the spam part

94/99 slayer
96/99 summoning

95/99 prayer
99/99 hitpoints
99/99 attack
99/99 strength

99/99 mage

99/99 thieving
99/99 firemaking

Pro Noob in the works

#40 bang_gmember

bang_gmember

TF - don't u know it

Posted 21 September 2007 - 11:12 AM

if u were to add a third castle the whole area shape wud have to be a triangle to make it more fair with guthix at the top and zam/sara at the other ends of triangle ,  maybe sum new weps like u said but the orb would make all tactics useless , CW is ace as it is ..... hmmm i think it would be better off left alone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: