Photo
- - - - -

Castle Bores: Make Castle Wars Great Again!

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

Poll: Castle Wars (1616 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you enjoy playing Castle Wars?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Do you think it needs an update?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Cernunnos

Cernunnos

[Insert witty comment here]

Posted 21 September 2007 - 11:34 AM

I was proposing another gate or a guardian at the flag to slow down the enemy. If the guardian, you must destroy it before the flag can be taken. The guardian would be a chosen player and you can only fight him 1 on 1.

Gate: You close the gate and the opposition must tear it down before taking the flag.

#42 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 21 September 2007 - 11:35 AM

Hmmm, dunno about the guardian, i was hoping to keep CW strictly pvp.

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#43 pkvdmeer

pkvdmeer

Patrick van der Meer

Posted 23 September 2007 - 08:20 AM

Awsome idea! I like it especially because Gutix isn't involved in many battles.
Nice pics and outline

#44 Cernunnos

Cernunnos

[Insert witty comment here]

Posted 24 September 2007 - 08:59 AM

Hmmm, dunno about the guardian, i was hoping to keep CW strictly pvp.

The guardian would be a chosen player and you can only fight him 1 on 1.
The guardian idea is PVP

#45 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 24 September 2007 - 11:37 AM

Oh right sorry lol, thought you meant the guardian would be a NPC :suspect:

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#46 peteattfield

peteattfield

• RS Name:Ziissou
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 26 September 2007 - 10:40 AM

I'll have the banner done Pretty soon, probably around 10 minutes, I will remove the SAMPLE once you gave paid me for it

Posted Image
http://i226.photobuc...GuthixUnder.png

Without 'sample'
Posted Image
http://i226.photobuc...thixUnder-1.png

Add 'Maxed Monkey' in game. I'll talk to you :innocent:

Edited by peteattfield, 26 September 2007 - 11:15 AM.

Posted Image

#47 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 26 September 2007 - 11:05 AM

OOOh thanks man im on rs atm

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png

#48 peteattfield

peteattfield

• RS Name:Ziissou

Posted 26 September 2007 - 11:18 AM

no problem-o, was fun for me and 50k, thanks :D

Posted Image

#49 Sh O 0oo 0ot

Sh O 0oo 0ot

• RS Name:Sh O 0oo 0ot

Posted 27 September 2007 - 01:51 AM

Some pretty good ideas that you've got there. I like the tracking of your teams flag, but I don't think there should be different combat requirements. Some people do like to slaughter level 30's you know. :$

#50 koncker

koncker

Posted 05 October 2007 - 06:51 PM

i think it needs an update.... but not the guthix thing... i mean like its good the way it is... its the most perfect game in rs that hasnt been screwed up =\

Attack Koncker (Level-133) / 3 more options
http://img265.images.../konckerin3.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

#51 arrow of doom

arrow of doom

Posted 07 October 2007 - 10:52 AM

It does need an update but no this one imo.
I think jagex should make free arrows and runes wich give no xp, and able to wear helms (not sure if it should alouw specials)

#52 Hebbis

Hebbis

Professional BitHunter

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 14 October 2007 - 01:44 PM

Yea, I support also, guthix would be great update with all the little changes.
Maeby I would use cw more often than now. :wub:

Posted Image

Retired from RS - Retired from editing

#53 Tricksterr

Tricksterr

• RS Name:Retired
  • Clan:Retired

Posted 14 October 2007 - 02:12 PM

I support, although I was thinking it would be really great if Castlewars stayed as it was, but guthix followers(NPCs) would also attack people from both sides

I retired from RuneScape on 25th November 2007.
At Level 100 combat with 1446 total level.

[<Member>]

(\_/)
(O.o)
(=> <=)

CL of Nothing

PM Me if you want to ask anything or just want to talk

Do you have a question?

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/5271/rsdeadst7.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

#54 majwinterse

majwinterse

• RS Name:Majwinterse

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:12 PM

Whilst CW does need some updates - a guthix team would simply not work for several reasons. Yes the game is repetitive but think about it - all minigames are.

http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/2637/majwinlt8.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]
Retired

#55 Vanity Light

Vanity Light

His Royal Majesty

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:45 PM

I always hoped for something like this but I couldn't have produced the idea as well as you have.
I like the requirement idea ( :wub: I don't like having lv 18 people in decorative armor, sword etc on my team ^_^ )
But 10 tickets is way over the top, plus, everybody would be going on guthix just to see the update and stuff.
2 Tickets has always been sufficient for the players that worked hard getting the armor, I see no reason to change it.

I'd support though, good idea.

Posted Image

People still bh?

#56 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:56 AM

Hmmm... Lvl 18's can't get into the team because the requirement is 95+.

But since most people have asked, ill reduce the ticket prize to 5.

Edited by Angel of Death, 17 October 2007 - 09:57 AM.

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png

#57 Justincrdibl

Justincrdibl

Call me Justin

• RS Name:Justincrdibl
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 17 October 2007 - 05:19 PM

Super-duper idea. You've taken the vague suggestions that other people have made and turned them into something spectacular. Great Job

The Pixeling Compendium [Tutorial] http://img12.imagesh...">approved host.]
DeviantART gallery http://img12.imagesh...">approved host.]
Pixel Joint gallery http://img12.imagesh...">approved host.]
Pictures http://img12.imagesh...">approved host.]

Posted Image

[CL of Pictures]
PM me for any reason! :]

#58 Drunk Ranqer

Drunk Ranqer

Drunk Ranger

• RS Name:Drunk Ranqer
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:06 PM

wow u can tell you really put some thought into this and i agree they should update cwars and make it 40-45+ combat to play and update the zammy side and sara and maybe throw in guthix
I Cool Kid I
Range R2h Pure

#59 warandchaos

warandchaos

• RS Name:warandchaos
  • Clan:non

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:45 AM

i think having guthix in the centre, trying to prevent teams from scoring, or assisting the losing team.

the only time guthix get tickets is at a tie, or a few more tickets if the score is 0-0
Your signature has been removed because it was breaking the rules of this community. It was too big (either too wide or too tall) and/or its file-size was too large. To find out more, please see our Help & Rules Section. Please ensure that you fix your signature according to the rules before putting it up again. Otherwise, you may be banned. If you need any help, feel free to contact me.
Thanks,
Karll

#60 Defender17

Defender17

• RS Name:Gozatuyo

Posted 24 October 2007 - 09:39 PM

Extremely detailed and a good suggestion, but utterly pointless.

Castle Wars was intended for capture the flag fans (I think) so if you add another group, it totally disrupts gameplay. First off, team Guthix is obviously extremely inferior compared to the other teams. Second, capture the flag is supposed to be a two-group gameplay without any disruptions from outside forces by doing anything at all. Third, if the tents only have 500 hp and fire and explosive potions do 10 damage, I think all the tents would be destroyed in a matter of minutes. A level 90+ with maybe two or three helpers can easily come up with 28 explosive potions, people can rarely hit them, and boom he got 2 extra tickets and took out more than half the hp of one tent. He dies, and does it again and again. If a flag is taken and is set in the Guthix stands, a level 90+ can take it away way too easily.

You say a group of ancient mages can stop you in your tracks. What are the odds of having a group of ancient mages? I seldom see them playing and if they do, they are pretty easily killed.

I may have to clear up on some of the points, so tell me which ones.

I like the thought of improving castle wars, but instead of creating a new faction, perhaps make the overall gameplay of Castle Wars by adding new weapons, ways to defend the flag, traps, portals maybe?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: