We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo
- - - - -

Castle Bores: Make Castle Wars Great Again!

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

Poll: Castle Wars (1616 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you enjoy playing Castle Wars?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Do you think it needs an update?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#261 Tamiy

Tamiy

• RS Name:Tamiy
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:19 PM

Didn't they only just update this noobfest? I seem to remember the "amazing" castle wars update didn't actually affect gameplay, and simply made the rewards look different and give small boosts in game - which of course you'll only be playing to get these rewards which help you play more!

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/9677/menubarz.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]
*********** Ex- PKer (Nov '05 to Sept '08) ********* 138 combat ********* 2400+ total ***********
***********************************************************************************************

#262 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:33 PM

Saradomin cloak special is ridiculous. For 20 seconds if your pking, you hit someone a 22 22 d special. they lose 44 health, you gain 44 heatlh. They also spec a 70 with ags on you, and it heals you 70...What a waste of a special. Moreover that would be a combined heal of 114....that is ridiculous. It should only be the damage YOU are dealt, so its useful in getaway situations as well and piling. But even so it should only block damage from the highest damage source, rather than multi-combat damage.

Great point there. I'll change it ASAP.

This i think could make Castle Wars even more fun and exciting than it already is. Many people will be like :-( at first.

I just had to laugh at that part lol, and I think it would be a great addition to castle wars.

Didn't they only just update this noobfest? I seem to remember the "amazing" castle wars update didn't actually affect gameplay, and simply made the rewards look different and give small boosts in game - which of course you'll only be playing to get these rewards which help you play more!

Haha, yea. We all know this would've been way better. :-P

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#263 AzN b0i

AzN b0i

ғoяeνeя ყoυɴɢ

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:37 AM

This is a very interesting idea, interesting enough to get me back into playing Castle Wars again.

Nice job! (=

-CaM

Proud Member of Spirits of Arianwyn & Solar Angels
http://img80.imagesh...0/4626/enix.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

#264 Thecyntax1

Thecyntax1

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:32 PM

Awesome Suggestion. All I have to say.

"One Pro, F2P'er"

Posted Image

1k Total in F2P achieved on 10/11/10

My F2P Guide to High Level Ranged Training =)

#265 Da Mcfatted

Da Mcfatted

• RS Name:Da Mcfatted
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Team:SA20

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:18 AM

Not a bad suggestion, I myself never play Castle Wars anymore as it's kind of boring for me now. This might just spice things up a lil' bit!

#266 no4

no4

• RS Name:No4
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:23 PM

That would make it very interesting. It also opens up the opportunity to make an alliance.

#267 Lolwutbr0z

Lolwutbr0z

• RS Name:B ooty
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Clanless

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:48 PM

I used to enjoy Castle Wars, but it is in a desperate need for an update.
I like the idea for Guthix items..

I'm watching you ! http://www.divine-sa..._smilies-04.gif [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

#268 Magick

Magick

Outrageous

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:43 PM

You are an awesome poster and this is a great suggestion.

Edit: Sound a bit less of a suck-up :thumbsup:

Edited by Magickrider, 10 October 2011 - 06:34 AM.

Posted Image

#269 _JaKeyy

_JaKeyy

Formerly The Gilroy

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:02 PM

I personally don't agree with this idea, as it over-complicates the game a bit. But your ideas are definately creative :innocent:
http://img96.imagesh...">approved host.]
#INF-RS | | | http://infamous-rs.c...orums/forum.php | | | #INF-RS
Proud High Council of Infamous <3 #INF-RS
Proud Leader of Team Nacho Thieves <3 #TnT

#270 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:39 PM

I personally don't agree with this idea, as it over-complicates the game a bit. But your ideas are definately creative :$

Don't worry about it, I mean hey - you can't win everyone over haha. Cheers for the encouraging words all the same. Also, quick update folks:

To make it fairer on Guthix players who are trying to desperately defend the camps - the two sets of stepping stones will be taken out, otherwise Guthix defenders will be fighting on two fronts to defend just one camp. It didn't work for Germany in either of the World Wars, so I doubt these lads will have any more success... Actually, forget that. I have decided to retract this particular idea. Reason being it defeats the point of the game being an absolutely hilarious display of chaos in the first place! I'm sure traffic will actually be evened out in the long run if players have the inherent freedom to move around the map more.

Boom.

You are an awesome poster and this is a great suggestion.

Edit: Sound a bit less of a suck-up :unsure:

<3 :lmao:

Edited by Murdoc, 31 October 2011 - 07:42 PM.

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#271 BrotherVoid1

BrotherVoid1

Retired Completionist

• RS Name:BrotherVoid1
  • Clan:DGS

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:45 AM

This was one of my favourite threads ever posted back in the day... I remember before I even joined RSC reading this thread as a guest. I loved the idea of the reward capes, no matter how overpowered they were at the time. Now I look at them and laugh at my naivety... My completionists cape has far better stats than these capes, even though these capes take (seemingly) a life time to get. I still support this suggestion =) And feel that the rewards aren't as overpowered as they once were considering the items we now have ingame.

Posted Image
Here the ways of men part: if you wish to strive for peace of soul and pleasure, then believe;
if you wish to be a devotee of truth, then inquire…

#272 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:31 PM

This was one of my favourite threads ever posted back in the day... I remember before I even joined RSC reading this thread as a guest. I loved the idea of the reward capes, no matter how overpowered they were at the time. Now I look at them and laugh at my naivety... My completionists cape has far better stats than these capes, even though these capes take (seemingly) a life time to get. I still support this suggestion =) And feel that the rewards aren't as overpowered as they once were considering the items we now have ingame.

Thanks for saying all that, made me feel really warm and fuzzy inside. ^_^ Do you think I should bring the tokens needed to buy any one of them down considering what you've said about recently released items now standing as [far] superior? 72 days worth of strict Castle Wars probably isn't worth it for a trimmed war cape anymore, now that I think about it. :XD: If so - what would be an adequate price?

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png

#273 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:47 PM

So I was going through my Photobucket album for nostalgia's sake and found, among many of the cheesy old pictures, backups of a lot of the images used in this thread! The topic banner featuring the three portals, Nature Balm, and inventory icons for the ingame Guthix hood and cape have all been restored! It's just a shame the War Capes are still missing, though. Imageshack dying on everyone and the Way Back Machine not having this page properly archived is frustrating to say the least. Especially considering other people went to the trouble of kindly making them for me...

Alas, it seems that I have to take my mastery of MS Paint to the next level at some point in the future to make new ones. :-D

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png

#274 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 03 February 2017 - 07:13 AM

Was bored so cleaned up the OP's formatting and updated the title to better-reflect current times. If only I could do the same to the underbanner as well... ^_^

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: