Jump to content


* * * * - 1 votes
Guide

Yak Training - Fast Xp



  • Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#1 Ducky

Ducky

    Duckduck2003

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:10 AM

:: Yak Training ::

By: Duckduck2003

Posted Image

Contents
  • 1.0 [ Introduction ]
  • 2.0 [ Requirements ]
  • 3.0 [ How to get there ]
  • 4.0 [ Yak stats and drops ]
  • 5.0 [Inventory]
  • 6.0 [ Ranging ]
  • <3<36.1 [ Cannons ]
  • 8.0 [ Frequently Asked Questions ]
  • 9.0 [ Credits ]
1.0 [ Introduction ]

This is my first guide, so be nice. No flaming, only constructive criticism and comments. Now I know what you're probably thinking at this stage. "Why would anyone want to train at yaks?" Well, the reason is that yaks are actually very fast experience. If you read this whole guide you'll find out why. Yaks are located in a small pen on the island of Neitiznot




Posted Image


======================



2.0 [ Requirements ]

To get to yaks, you need to have done Fremennik Trials, and have started Fremennik Isles.

To do these quests you must meet the following requirements:

1. 20 Construction
2. 40 Agility
3. 46 Crafting
4. 56 Woodcutting

======================


3.0 [ How to get there ]

Posted Image

Yaks are located on the Fremmnik island of Neitiznot. I have created a map of how to get there.
There are three main ways to get there. They all end up on the same path however.

1. Camalot teleport - Requires 45 magic. Teleport to camelot, then walk north until you reach the Fremmnik provinces.

2. House portal - If you own a house just outside Relleka use house teleport then walk outside and go north.

3. Enchanted Lyre - Teleport using the Enchanted Lyre from Fremmnik Trials and walk north-east to the gates, then follow the main route.

Once on Neitiznot go north along the path, following it east until you reach the gates to the village. Beside the village gates is a gate to the pen which holds the yaks.

Posted Image



======================



4.0 [ Yak stats and drops ]

In the field there are 6 Yaks. Each Yak has 50hp, and can each in turn give 200xp per kill. Each Yak has a waiting time of 5 SECONDS before it respawns. The fields are very quiet areas and rarely have anyone else, apart from a quester every now and again. They are combat level 22 and almost NEVER hit. I would fight these gladly all day skulled with all my best stuff on with 1hp. Thats how secure they are. They have no drops apart from 100% drops, which are: Yak hair, Yak meat, Yak hide and Bones.

Yak hide can be "cured" (5gp per hide) so it can be crafted into Yak hide armour. It is level 43 crafting to make Yak hide legs (1 cured hide, 32 crafting xp) and level 46 crafting to make Yak hide tops (2 cured hides, 32 crafting xp). Yak hair can be spun at a spinning wheel to make ropes (25 crafting xp).

Yak armour and stats:



Posted Image



======================



5.0 [ Inventory ]

Posted Image

What you should be wearing should not consist of defense. It should consist of attack bonus, and strength.

Helmet of Neitiznot > Bezerker Helmet
Abyssal Whip > Dragon Scimitar > Dragon Long
Fury Amulet > Glory Amulet > Power Amulet > Strength Amulet
Rune Defender > Obsidian Shield > Other Defenders
Bandos Top > Fighter Torso > Anything
Bandos Tassets > Anything
Barrows Gloves > Combat Bracelet > Any other gloves down to mith > Family Crest Gauntlets
Dragon Boots > Rune Boots > Climbing Boots > Addy Boots
Bezerker Ring > Warrior Ring > Any Ring
Fire Cape > Obsidian Cape > Legends Cape

Posted Image

In your inventory there is no need for food, however, I always like to keep food for random events. Super attack pots are only 1-2k per, so if you buy them they speed up training alot as they make you hit more often. It is always good to carry a Dragon Battle Axe for specials, so you get some strength bonus.



======================


6.0 [Ranging]

When ranging Yaks you can easily stand outside and range away at them. The--Corrupt did us all a favour and checked the amount of experiance an hour you get with iron knives.

View PostThe--Corrupt, on Jul 29 2007, 05:45 AM, said:

Just timed myself. 59,732 xp in one hour using iron knives, range potted with 97 range.

Posted Image

Robin > Blessed Coif > Archer Helm > Snakeskin bandana > Coif
Mage Shortbow = Knives = Darts
(Iron > Steel > Bronze  (Iron is best as they are cheapest projectiles))
Fury Amulet > Glory Amulet > Power Amulet
Unholy Book > Book of Balance
Karils/Black dragonhide > 3rd Age Range Armour > Other dragonhide in decending order
Barrows Gloves > Black dragonhide vambs > 3rd Age vambs > Other dhide vambs
Ranger Boots > Snakeskin boots > Rune Boots
Archer Ring > Any other dagganoth king rings > Any ring
Ava's Accumulator > Fire Cape > Obsidian Cape > Legends Cape > Any other cape

I have made a picture showing the four best safespots.

Posted Image



======================


6.1 [Cannons]

Cannons can be quite useful, and can be used in the field. If you were using a cannon you could have it set up in front of the gate, or in front of the trees. Cannons could speed up range training as if you are safespotted it can attack multiple targets.

Posted Image



======================


7.0 [ Frequently Asked Questions ]

Q: Why shouldn't I just go train at experiments?

A:
Hey it's up to you, but experiments is packed, has slow spawn times and is full of usually rude and arrogant pures.

Q: Is it easy to range yaks?

A:
Yes, and you can leave the gate open for easy running in to grab your projectiles if you aren't using an accumulator.

Q: Should I collect hides?

A:
I would say no. Just get 3 so you can make some yak armour for yourself.

Q: How many people train at yaks?

A:
Over the past week I haven't seen anyone training there. Only questers every few hours.

Q: How much xp would I get per hour?

A:
Depends how fast you can kill them really. Super attack pots help boost your xp by roughly 10k+ in my experiance. I get about 60k+ xp an hour. It seems like "omg you're lying" but it's only 300 kills to get that amount per hour, and thats only asking for 5 a minute, 12 seconds per kill. Which is VERY manageable.

Q: Should I bring a dragon battle axe/dds/d mace for special attacks?

A:
I would say no to dds and d mace, it's a hassle constantly changing to use up specials. For DBX it's your own personal preferance really, it lowers attack however which my mean lowering how often you hit.

Q: Are Yaks aggressive?

A:
No. Even if they were, they're level 22, and you'd have to be under level 45 for them to auto attack you.

Q: Is it a multi-combat area?

A:
No it is not.

Q: Do I need a seal of passage?

A:
No, a seal of passage is for lunar isle, not Neitiznot.

Q: Can I kill yaks with 1 defence?

A:
You need to do fremmnik trials and fremmnik isles, which both give you defence. So no. Sorry. They are "rock crabs for non pures".

Q: Do I need to wear yak hide armour?

A:
No. I just like to wear it.

Q: What food should I use?

A:
Any, they hardly hit you at all.

======================

8.0 [ Credits ]

Duckduck2003 (me): Writing the guide
soulegleon: Grammar correction, armour suggestions, submitting map of getting there
Ben Goten78: Guide Template
The__Corrupt: Checking range xp per hour
dahaka13: Suggesting combat bracelet
Harry: Submitting cannon picture

Edited by ToeJam, 16 January 2012 - 03:37 AM.
fixed images

Team Chickon / Team Guinness / Team Scream


#2 Jesse 1321

Jesse 1321

    Member

  • Posts:58
  • Joined:07-July 07
  • RS Name:Jesse 1321
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:18 AM

Haha thats actually kind of a neat way to train, never thought of Yaks


If your exp is right, kudo's to you

#3 What Chip

What Chip

    Member

  • Posts:139
  • Joined:22-February 07
  • RS Name:Stolen A Cow
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:51 AM

Hmm its quite a nice training idea actually and good first guide  :rolleyes: I might consider training there myself

#4 Ducky

Ducky

    Duckduck2003

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:56 AM

Thanks for the support guys. Feel free to add questions for the FAQs.

Team Chickon / Team Guinness / Team Scream


#5 soulegleon

soulegleon

    Member

  • Posts:62
  • Joined:05-September 06
  • RS Name:soulegleon
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 28 July 2007 - 08:38 AM

1.

Quote

1.0 [ Introduction ]

This is my first guide, so be nice. No flaming, only constructive criticism and comments. Now I know what you're probably thinking at this stage. "Why would anyone want to train at yaks?" Well, the reason is that yaks are actually very fast experiance. If you read this whole guide you'll find out why. Yaks are located in a small pen on the island of Neitiznot.

Experience , Needs a period at the end of Neitiznot.

2. You have me confused at the Yak hide armor stats. Which stats belong to which pieces?

3. On you suggested equiptment:
Fighter hat(for multi weapons boosts, and accuracy is better than strength in this case)>Warrior(same reason, but depends on weapon)>ect. (note that the dwarven helm gives +6 crush, which is the best option although Yaks have more defense towards crush)
Fighter torso>Yak hide armour
Rune Defender>Other defenders down to black(?)>Dragonfire Shield>Obby Shield(TokTz-Ket-Xil)>Other shields
Fury>Glory>ect. (fury has better strength boost)
Berserker Ring/Warrior (their advantages are equal)
Cape slot? (Oops) Fire cape>other?

Inventory should have a D-Baxe (for your suggested special) or a dds/d-mace for  special also.
One shark and one super attack for those who keep the yaks drops (for crafting exp), along with the suggested option of bringing along super strength pots for faster exp.

3. Add a section for ranging, but skip a maging section as they are more resistant to it.

4. Some more pictures would be nice, such as you fighting the Yaks. Are they auto aggressive if you are already killing one? I seem to remember that when they were released....

5. A section on the drops and the ability to get crafting exp from them, which some low cash crafters may find handy.

Great job otherwise! ;-)

EDIT: Oops, I forgot. Your map, the lyre teleports you right outside the house portal, and there is no need to recharge it as you can have more than one at a time. there are also 2 fairy ring locations nearby: one in Miscellania and one near the slayer cave east of Rellekka.

Edited by soulegleon, 28 July 2007 - 08:41 AM.


#6 Syl3nc3

Syl3nc3

    Tanker

  • Posts:1,263
  • Joined:11-August 06
  • RS Name:cutt3r
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 28 July 2007 - 08:49 AM

Nice guide, I don't think anyone would of thought of training at yaks - But if this 60k xp and hour thing is right it rivals banditing, and you need no guthans or bones to peaches.
Posted Image

#7 hershey100

hershey100

    You know you want to see it

  • Posts:1,320
  • Joined:06-January 07
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:none atm

Posted 28 July 2007 - 09:16 AM

hmm..im notsure aboutt his xp...

i use giant spiders which also have 50 hp..but i can kill them much faster than 12 secons but going for an hour doesnt give me 60kxp unless i use super str and super atk

Posted Image


#8 Kod Flame

Kod Flame

    Racecar spelt backwards.

Posted 28 July 2007 - 10:13 AM

You're getting 60k exp an hour? What combat level are you?
Posted Image

#9 Ducky

Ducky

    Duckduck2003

Posted 28 July 2007 - 04:49 PM

View Postsoulegleon, on Jul 28 2007, 03:38 PM, said:

1.

Quote

1.0 [ Introduction ]

This is my first guide, so be nice. No flaming, only constructive criticism and comments. Now I know what you're probably thinking at this stage. "Why would anyone want to train at yaks?" Well, the reason is that yaks are actually very fast experiance. If you read this whole guide you'll find out why. Yaks are located in a small pen on the island of Neitiznot.

Experience , Needs a period at the end of Neitiznot.

2. You have me confused at the Yak hide armor stats. Which stats belong to which pieces?

3. On you suggested equiptment:
Fighter hat(for multi weapons boosts, and accuracy is better than strength in this case)>Warrior(same reason, but depends on weapon)>ect. (note that the dwarven helm gives +6 crush, which is the best option although Yaks have more defense towards crush)
Fighter torso>Yak hide armour
Rune Defender>Other defenders down to black(?)>Dragonfire Shield>Obby Shield(TokTz-Ket-Xil)>Other shields
Fury>Glory>ect. (fury has better strength boost)
Berserker Ring/Warrior (their advantages are equal)
Cape slot? (Oops) Fire cape>other?

Inventory should have a D-Baxe (for your suggested special) or a dds/d-mace for  special also.
One shark and one super attack for those who keep the yaks drops (for crafting exp), along with the suggested option of bringing along super strength pots for faster exp.

3. Add a section for ranging, but skip a maging section as they are more resistant to it.

4. Some more pictures would be nice, such as you fighting the Yaks. Are they auto aggressive if you are already killing one? I seem to remember that when they were released....

5. A section on the drops and the ability to get crafting exp from them, which some low cash crafters may find handy.

Great job otherwise! ;-)

EDIT: Oops, I forgot. Your map, the lyre teleports you right outside the house portal, and there is no need to recharge it as you can have more than one at a time. there are also 2 fairy ring locations nearby: one in Miscellania and one near the slayer cave east of Rellekka.

Thanks for your suggestions, i'll edit my grammar etc.

However, it's rune defender, then obby shield. Obby shield has same strength bonus as a rune defender, only defender has attack bonus's.

I'll add you to credits.

I haven't used lyre in that long, I thought it still teleported you to the offering spot.

View PostKod Flame, on Jul 28 2007, 05:13 PM, said:

You're getting 60k exp an hour? What combat level are you?

I'm level 100. 60k an hour is with constant watch, no quickly stopping for a minute to talk to someone. I did that during the middle of the night. I'm an insomniac. Noone else was on, and I had no distractions. It is easily possible to get 60k an hour at yaks if you have the proper attention span.

Team Chickon / Team Guinness / Team Scream


#10 Pele

Pele

    Hello

  • Posts:3,066
  • Joined:08-January 07
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Republican

Posted 28 July 2007 - 05:03 PM

Wow, 60k and hour. Better than bandits.

Looks good, Just wondering are the drops worth keeping at all?


Posted Image


#11 Ducky

Ducky

    Duckduck2003

Posted 28 July 2007 - 05:04 PM

View PostPele, on Jul 29 2007, 12:03 AM, said:

Wow, 60k and hour. Better than bandits.

Looks good, Just wondering are the drops worth keeping at all?

No, there's no point unless you want to make lots of yaks hide armour.

Team Chickon / Team Guinness / Team Scream


#12 the corrupt

the corrupt

    Member

  • Posts:987
  • Joined:09-July 06
  • RS Name:the__corrupt
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 28 July 2007 - 05:25 PM

You might also want to include that pures can't train here  ;-) so it will never be crowded (must have completed fremmenik trails and started fremmenik isles.)

#13 Woodsyx

Woodsyx

    Woody

Posted 28 July 2007 - 05:38 PM

since you have how to range yaks you migh want to add suggested gear for ranging
Posted Image

#14 evil dog191

evil dog191

    Pew Pew Pew

Posted 28 July 2007 - 06:40 PM

As someone suggested bring a dragon battleaxe for the special. But also bring many normal attack potions (cheap) to bring your attack level to normal level then up even higher, instead of sharks because you really do not get damaged. Either way doing so should get 60k+ experience per hour easy. I get 60k experience per hour at giant spiders without any sort of pot boost. Yaks are easier to hit plus you get strength and attack boost.

#15 Seoul What

Seoul What

    Member

  • Posts:4,097
  • Joined:02-August 06
  • RS Name:Ryu Kenshi
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 28 July 2007 - 07:05 PM

Oh, I noticed that when I fought Yaks on the Fremennik Isles Quest. I just never looked back into it. I might try it, I wish they'd auto attack, that'd be the new bandits lol. Great guide.

#16 psyco236

psyco236

    The Crow.

  • Posts:826
  • Joined:04-August 06
  • RS Name:psyco236
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:</3

Posted 28 July 2007 - 07:50 PM

Maybe post a picture of the yak pen and the best place to stand etc.

#17 the corrupt

the corrupt

    Member

  • Posts:987
  • Joined:09-July 06
  • RS Name:the__corrupt
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 28 July 2007 - 10:45 PM

Just timed myself. 59,732 xp in one hour using iron knives, range potted with 97 range.

#18 psyco236

psyco236

    The Crow.

  • Posts:826
  • Joined:04-August 06
  • RS Name:psyco236
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:</3

Posted 29 July 2007 - 09:29 AM

Also, are they aggresive? Meaning they keep attacking you? And one last question, is it multi?

#19 Ducky

Ducky

    Duckduck2003

Posted 29 July 2007 - 10:27 AM

View PostThe--Corrupt, on Jul 29 2007, 12:25 AM, said:

You might also want to include that pures can't train here  ;-) so it will never be crowded (must have completed fremmenik trails and started fremmenik isles.)
I have, it's near the top.

View PostWoodsyx, on Jul 29 2007, 12:38 AM, said:

since you have how to range yaks you migh want to add suggested gear for ranging
Ok I will.

View Postevil dog191, on Jul 29 2007, 01:40 AM, said:

As someone suggested bring a dragon battleaxe for the special. But also bring many normal attack potions (cheap) to bring your attack level to normal level then up even higher, instead of sharks because you really do not get damaged. Either way doing so should get 60k+ experience per hour easy. I get 60k experience per hour at giant spiders without any sort of pot boost. Yaks are easier to hit plus you get strength and attack boost.
I added a FAQ about special attacks.

View Post[HC]Danny, on Jul 29 2007, 02:30 AM, said:

Nice guide, it'll help people who want to level fast!
Thanks.

View Postpsyco236, on Jul 29 2007, 02:50 AM, said:

Maybe post a picture of the yak pen and the best place to stand etc.
I will, but you just stand anywhere.

View PostThe--Corrupt, on Jul 29 2007, 05:45 AM, said:

Just timed myself. 59,732 xp in one hour using iron knives, range potted with 97 range.
Thanks, i'll put that in my range section im putting in.

View Postpsyco236, on Jul 29 2007, 04:29 PM, said:

Also, are they aggresive? Meaning they keep attacking you? And one last question, is it multi?
No and no.It's good not being multi, as that way noone can kill steal.

Team Chickon / Team Guinness / Team Scream


#20 Th3 26th letter

Th3 26th letter

    It's like the tour de france except on bikes.

  • Posts:517
  • Joined:01-July 07
  • RS Name:vaati44
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 29 July 2007 - 10:50 AM

I didn't see seal of passage mentioned in there. If its not added you might want to put it in some where.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana
 
Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt
 
Color: