We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Woodcutter'S Guild

• Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

#41 sock411

sock411

Posted 17 February 2008 - 03:49 PM

very interseting suggestion ^_^ i like the minigame and the map :-P its really
fascanating lol :-(
Posted Image

I LIKE RHINOS!

#42 Patben

Patben

Posted 17 February 2008 - 03:50 PM

Thanks everyone for your support!

#43 Saphi

Saphi

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:35 AM

I actually posted a few suggestions on your other thread. I think one of them was to situate some of the features outside the guild so as to prevent leveling of the other skills e.g. fletching and firemaking from being too easy. Another question is: Do you still get ashes from the incinerator? Cos if i'm not mistaken, members use ashes in herblore....

Posted Image

#44 Maxman

Maxman

I Know You

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:55 AM

I love it! This suggestion could actually work even though it's been suggest a billion times. I'm sure (they better) Jagex will make one in the near future. :-(

~Max
Retired from RuneScape | 99 Cooking | 99 Fletching | 99 Fishing | Quest cape
Posted Image- Feel free to PM Me
- Retired Zybez RS Database/Maintenance Crew
- Ex-CL of Guides
- Ex-CL of General Discussion

#45 Patben

Patben

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:00 PM

I actually posted a few suggestions on your other thread. I think one of them was to situate some of the features outside the guild so as to prevent leveling of the other skills e.g. fletching and firemaking from being too easy. Another question is: Do you still get ashes from the incinerator? Cos if i'm not mistaken, members use ashes in herblore....

A little bin you have to empty of ashes every once in a while???

Wow, thanks everyone for your support!

#46 darth4knight4

darth4knight4

K-Paxian

Posted 18 February 2008 - 04:46 PM

I love the idea and think its great, especially since all i do is woodcutting, but I think it should be accessable to f2p...

Posted Image

#47 Conqueror

Conqueror

• Clan:#cdrsc

Posted 18 February 2008 - 04:48 PM

I really do like this idea a lot. Personally I think Karamja is the best choice as far as location goes, although Fremennik Province could be used as well. I like the fact that the requirement is fairly high, as well as the guild has benefits for Firemakers and Fletchers alike. You've put a fair amount of effort into thinking about bonuses with regards to the statues as well. A great suggestion and one of the better ones I've seen - Kudos.

Ex Community Leader of Clan Discussion

#48 MedievalEscaper

MedievalEscaper

People call me Danny.

• RS Name:Dannyboy7200
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:06 PM

Awesome idea! I think the requirement should be 1 million experience in woodcutting or 75 woodcutting. Otherwise... totally radical!

#49 Patben

Patben

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:51 PM

Wow, i never though this topic would be so popular!

Thanks for the support everyone! OVER 1K VIEWS! :suspect: :XD: :-)

#50 Mike

Mike

I got blisters on my fingers!

• RS Name:recone94
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:56 PM

As stated in your other topic:

As much as the thought of a guild for advanced lumberjacks thrills me, I see no point to it. The abundance of trees in RuneScape makes the Woodcutting skill unmatched in places to train. You can go anywhere in RuneScape and find the tree you want near a bank, or just a tree to cut and burn. A Woodcutting Guild is just one of those things we don't really need.

~Mike

~Mike
Posted ImageMike says:
It is imperative that you look at my signature
Ste says:
Self-portrait then?
Mike says:
Well, I mean I wasn't wearing my make-up
Ste says:
No amount of make up hides your horrendous size
Mike says:
The camera adds 10 pounds

#51 Patben

Patben

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:23 PM

As much as the thought of a guild for advanced lumberjacks thrills me, I see no point to it. The abundance of trees in RuneScape makes the Woodcutting skill unmatched in places to train. You can go anywhere in RuneScape and find the tree you want near a bank, or just a tree to cut and burn. A Woodcutting Guild is just one of those things we don't really need.

~Mike

Thanks for your input :suspect:

Also as stated in my other topic. :-)

#52 commando1213

commando1213

• RS Name:Commando1213
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:55 AM

is this F2p or P2P? :suspect: if you make it F2p you could put it North East of lumby castle cuz thers already a yew tree there, and you can put it by that pond where the willows grow about halfway to draynor. :-)
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/724/mybanner47cc4d8f34b0cjw5.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

#53 Saphi

Saphi

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:00 AM

is this F2p or P2P? :suspect: if you make it F2p you could put it North East of lumby castle cuz thers already a yew tree there, and you can put it by that pond where the willows grow about halfway to draynor. :-)

Isn't the space there a wee bit tiny for a guild?

Posted Image

#54 Patben

Patben

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:59 PM

I also don't think Jagex will go for a F2P update... :XD: :-P :-O

#55 HDBalab

HDBalab

You're the cheese on my macaroni.

• RS Name:Smokekill1

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:23 PM

I think it's an amazing idea, the fletching \ woodcutting guild has been long awaited. However, I have a suggestion. 80 woodcutting is ridiculously easy, in fact over 150 thousand players have it. That would be one crowded guild..My suggestion is a less round number first, like 88. Also, I think that the player should have to have 88 woodcutting, firemaking annnd fletching. This would round the number down by aloot, making it much more of an elite guild, instead of a joke like all the others.

I also think a cool spot for it would be either,

A) ape aptoll, would slim the number of people cutting there eveen more, and would make it so you also need to do a few hard quests.

B) a little extravagant, but underwater maybe? south of castle wars still, but just make a tunnel going under there. The excuse would be that the water makes the trees grow much better.

"Of all that breathes and crawls across the earth, our mother earth breeds nothing feebler than a man. So long as the gods grant him power, spring in his kness, he thinks he will never suffer affliction down the years. But then, when the happy gods bring on the long hard times, bear them he must, against his will, and steel his heart."

Moments of magic will glow in the night
all fears of the forest are gone
and when the morning breaks
they're swept away by golden drops of dawn, of changes

#56 Patben

Patben

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:24 PM

I think it's an amazing idea, the fletching \ woodcutting guild has been long awaited. However, I have a suggestion. 80 woodcutting is ridiculously easy, in fact over 150 thousand players have it. That would be one crowded guild..My suggestion is a less round number first, like 88. Also, I think that the player should have to have 88 woodcutting, firemaking annnd fletching. This would round the number down by aloot, making it much more of an elite guild, instead of a joke like all the others.

I agree with what you say - Fletch and Firemaking requirements are a good idea. 88 Firemaking...errr?? Kinda high, wouldnt you say? Though i applaud the idea. Thanks! :-)

#57 HDBalab

HDBalab

You're the cheese on my macaroni.

• RS Name:Smokekill1

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:26 PM

A little high, but why would you want random people, who barely even WC or firemake to go in there. It would make it so you could have even more of those magic trees, and make it a real special treat to get in there..not something you just happen to get. I mean how many people work to get into the magic guild? The cooking guild? No one, because the req's are a joke.

"Of all that breathes and crawls across the earth, our mother earth breeds nothing feebler than a man. So long as the gods grant him power, spring in his kness, he thinks he will never suffer affliction down the years. But then, when the happy gods bring on the long hard times, bear them he must, against his will, and steel his heart."

Moments of magic will glow in the night
all fears of the forest are gone
and when the morning breaks
they're swept away by golden drops of dawn, of changes

#58 Patben

Patben

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:29 PM

A little high, but why would you want random people, who barely even WC or firemake to go in there. It would make it so you could have even more of those magic trees, and make it a real special treat to get in there..not something you just happen to get. I mean how many people work to get into the magic guild? The cooking guild? No one, because the req's are a joke.

How about something like 88 Woodcutting, 80 Fletching, 70-77 Firemaking?

#59 alexihuerta

alexihuerta

Waaahh Weee :D

• RS Name:alexihuerta
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:05 PM

like the idea i love it 10/10 or 5/5

my 2 suggestions and 1 question..

1.- suggestion : you should make a credit part like example:

6.0.- credit list ~.^

2.- suggestion : the wc master should be there =]

and my question is

what kind of mini-game is there? i was thinking in one like this :

who ever cuts first alot of trees in 1 minute wins :P

well those are my suggestions and questions

NOTE and EDIT: ME as f2p :-) i think it should stay in a p2p place.. since jagex wont go for f2p stuff..

it hurts me :P but, its the truth..

~alexihuerta

P.S make the credit's list please! :P

Edited by alexihuerta, 19 February 2008 - 06:07 PM.

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8896/brothersforsho.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]
thanks Kill 4 xp for this free sig's (well you gave them away :D)
RSN:AlexiHuerta

I play VolleyBall! PM if you play too!
Still, you dont scare me, you know who you are.

#60 Patben

Patben

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:49 PM

like the idea i love it 10/10 or 5/5

my 2 suggestions and 1 question..

1.- suggestion : you should make a credit part like example:

6.0.- credit list ~.^

2.- suggestion : the wc master should be there =]

and my question is

what kind of mini-game is there? i was thinking in one like this :

who ever cuts first alot of trees in 1 minute wins :P

well those are my suggestions and questions

NOTE and EDIT: ME as f2p :suspect: i think it should stay in a p2p place.. since jagex wont go for f2p stuff..

it hurts me :P but, its the truth..

~alexihuerta

P.S make the credit's list please! :P

Ummm...Yeah, that mini-game: not so great :XD: . The Woodcutting Tutor probably won't move from Lumby, but you never know. And a credit's list....too much hassle :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: