We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Woodcutter'S Guild

• Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

#21 sting2d

sting2d

• RS Name:sting2d
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:15 PM

WC level is not enough to keep bots, nor a pin number. People go on and get bots out of randoms, a person could easily go on and enter a pin to get the bot in. I think the combat req idea is good though.

#22 Seoul What

Seoul What

• RS Name:Ryu Kenshi
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:32 PM

--85 Woodcutting

--Enter your Bank PIN every time you enter the guild, no matter if you entered it at the bank or not.

--Possibly a short question every time you wish to use the bank in the guild, like "Are you a bot? Yes or No" or something similar.

I think the requirements for 85 are too high. Let's look at other primary guilds used for skills.

Mining - 60
Prayer - 31
Cooking - 32
Magic - 66, but is primarily part of the combat system
Crafting - 40
Fishing - 68

Of these, mining and fishing are of the highest. That's probably understandable, since it is one of the best moneymakers around. In this category, also fits in with woodcutting in my opinion. 85 is a number that would cut all the trees in there. I suggest 60. You based that portion of the Woodcutting Guild on stopping autoers. Frankly, I believe they can't be stopped.

In any of the above listed guilds, does it ask for a pin or a question if you're a bot? Simply answered, no. This guild should follow the precedent that all the other guilds have, or it shouldn't at all.

I hate to be pessimistic, so I'll point out that I love your fletching and firemaking idea. Firemaking; usually always shunned, but more so gained for a skill cape, it will make this process go faster and maybe for once people might use it for good use.

-Hotspread

#23 Tyrrell9

Tyrrell9

• RS Name:Tyrrell9
  • Clan:TSG

Posted 31 July 2007 - 08:08 AM

Nice idea. It's about time we had a woodcutting guild. I like the idea of having it south of castlewars, as some of the others are a bit out of the way.
~Retired Feb 08~

#24 jav

jav

• RS Status:Free

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:57 PM

Sounds good, the macroers would be the only problem, but you seemed to cover that as well, good job!  Im all for it!

jav

#25 Tommy

Tommy

How you doin'?

• RS Status:Inactive

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:09 PM

Nice suggestion

#26 mister nip

mister nip

folower of jesus

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:40 PM

Nice everything would work except for the bots but bots eventually get banned after wc outside the guild to get 85 wc they must have ben reported several times meaning once they get to the guild there almost banned (autoing should be an automatic bann) and yes 85 is good req i like how theres an assortment of trees,some guilds are f2p since wc well is a f2p and members skill you should have enlisted f2p places too if you want a good one I have one!

"east of edgeville theres a big open space there with literally nothing in it grat for a f2p woodcutting guild!"
Posted Image

#27 Insanebunny9

Insanebunny9

Old School

• RS Name:aDocalypse

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:58 PM

I have been wanting a Woodcutting guild for some time now as well.

The fact is, you would need a better idea to keep the autoers out.  At 92 woodcut, I am still only in about the top 18k woodcutters, which is probably inaccurate because of all the autoers that have still escaped being banned.  The bank pin idea wouldn't work, since all players don't have a bank pin (Even though they should), and Jagex won't force them to have one most likely.  

Plus if you firmake with a bow, it gives boosted exp.  So there really is no need for the incinerator.  

As for the locations, I think those would be prime spots for the guild to be placed at.  Good thinking.  You could also make Rob give out the Woodcutting cape of Achievement, although it wouldn't really be that big of a deal.  A minigame would also be nice, but I don't like the idea with the statues.

Imo, the best way to keep the autoers out would be to add a fletching requirement.  You could maybe make that 85 as well, since most woodcutters also fletch.

#28 Shir

Shir

Blarg.

• RS Name:shiriken74
  • Clan:TROR

Posted 31 July 2007 - 05:01 PM

Well, anything that keeps the bots out is good.

I think that south of castle wars would be the best, since you can use the fairy ring to get to it easily. For the questioning part, it should probably be something about woodcutting.

http://img216.echo.c...hristmas7bo.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

#29 boboleenee

boboleenee

Bobolini aka SAIKOsean

• RS Name:SaikoSean

Posted 31 July 2007 - 05:40 PM

support!

and to get in maybe make it so you need ot have above say 400 total lvl or something like that idk
Posted Image

#30 Seijin Xin

Seijin Xin

• RS Name:Seijin Xin

Posted 31 July 2007 - 06:17 PM

I like, i'm a keen woodcutter and no wc guild?? Why not! Also will stop bots.

#31 me909388

me909388

Former Dragonwood Sage/ Now squire... I am Teh Mikker

Posted 31 July 2007 - 06:44 PM

a spin wheel? to spin flax? near bank would be great
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/412/98cooking214622iy7.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]
http://img519.images...g3eq5hs7hk7.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

#32 Jesse

Jesse

Live it up.

Posted 31 July 2007 - 06:49 PM

nice idea

"With malice toward none, with charity for all..."
- Abraham Lincoln

#33 Wootnezz

Wootnezz

99 Agility lel

Posted 31 July 2007 - 06:52 PM

Hey, how about adding a tree patch, the ones from farming so u could plant it there.

I also like the spin wheel me909388 said. maybe putting stairs in bank an upstairs is the spinning wheel.

also in your pic, the willows shud be in the other side of the pond making it fast power wc.

And the whole place shud be opened instead of the east side of the bank place. like the general store in karamja.

#34 Luky Inferno

Luky Inferno

See that weed?

Posted 31 July 2007 - 07:02 PM

another reason why i probly support this idea is becos in the beginning of tutorial island the first thing we learned was,i think, how to woodcut. and there isnt even a woocutters guild! we didnt learn how to craft which is also an important money making skill, yet we have a guild for it. now this mite sound strange, but, i have a theory that maybe andrew gower, creator of the game, or jagex planned on setting runescape up like this. maybe they want runescape like this. i personally think that maybe the woodcutters guild would maybe be a bad idea. it would just make training many skills much easier. i know this becos there are so many willows in runescape and willows training spots that too many willow logs have been exposed into the game. the facts: willows used to be 30gp- 40gp ea easy. now since so many willows have been let into the game the prices have changed dramatically to a price of 20gp- 25gp ea. you would be very lucky to sell 1k willows for 30gp ea. once i have actually seen players buying willow logs for 10gp ea! that was outragous! so maybe its a good idea to not have a woodcutters guild. this suject is very controvercial and i dont want to start a riot or anything so ill just rest my case.

#35 Insanebunny9

Insanebunny9

Old School

Posted 31 July 2007 - 07:21 PM

View PostLuky Inferno, on Jul 31 2007, 07:02 PM, said:

another reason why i probly support this idea is becos in the beginning of tutorial island the first thing we learned was,i think, how to woodcut. and there isnt even a woocutters guild! we didnt learn how to craft which is also an important money making skill, yet we have a guild for it. now this mite sound strange, but, i have a theory that maybe andrew gower, creator of the game, or jagex planned on setting runescape up like this. maybe they want runescape like this. i personally think that maybe the woodcutters guild would maybe be a bad idea. it would just make training many skills much easier. i know this becos there are so many willows in runescape and willows training spots that too many willow logs have been exposed into the game. the facts: willows used to be 30gp- 40gp ea easy. now since so many willows have been let into the game the prices have changed dramatically to a price of 20gp- 25gp ea. you would be very lucky to sell 1k willows for 30gp ea. once i have actually seen players buying willow logs for 10gp ea! that was outragous! so maybe its a good idea to not have a woodcutters guild. this suject is very controvercial and i dont want to start a riot or anything so ill just rest my case.

I have no problem selling willows at 30 each still, in fact I just sold 100k willows for 3m.

Prices drop because more and more of that item is being put into the game, causing the demand to go down.  Yews have dropped significantly over time as well, you just probably haven't noticed.  This really wouldn't affect wcing much other than the fact that it gives woodcutters something to work for, and it could rid normal players from having to deal with autoers.

#36 Patben

Patben

Posted 01 August 2007 - 10:49 AM

View PostInsanebunny9, on Jul 31 2007, 05:58 PM, said:

Plus if you firmake with a bow, it gives boosted exp. So there really is no need for the incinerator.

I have checked this out on the Runescape Knowledge Base.  The experience is the same.

#37 Insanebunny9

Insanebunny9

Old School

Posted 01 August 2007 - 01:33 PM

View PostPatben, on Aug 1 2007, 10:49 AM, said:

View PostInsanebunny9, on Jul 31 2007, 05:58 PM, said:

Plus if you firmake with a bow, it gives boosted exp. So there really is no need for the incinerator.

I have checked this out on the Runescape Knowledge Base.  The experience is the same.

Yeah, my bad, I just checked as well and it doesn't give boosted exp.

I guess I shouldn't have trusted my source.

#38 Patben

Patben

Posted 17 February 2008 - 02:20 PM

I didn't realize this old thread was still open; my new one got locked >.>

I edited this one with some updates I made to the new one.

#39 Tarheels

Tarheels

• RS Name:Tarheels54

Posted 17 February 2008 - 02:58 PM

Good event i really want it to happen because i have a high woodcutting lvl which is 88 atm :)

<3 Tarheels54

City of wonder

Profile page updated sd vs tnc,sok,dek,etc

RR vs Gladz

Retired Feb 2009

Tarheels54
Retired February 2009

Ex Saradomin Dragons Leader (SD)

Ex The Neggas Clan (TNC)

Ex Rune Raiders (RR)

#40 Patben

Patben

Posted 17 February 2008 - 03:34 PM

View Posttarheels54, on Feb 17 2008, 02:58 PM, said:

Good event i really want it to happen because i have a high woodcutting lvl which is 88 atm :)

<3 Tarheels54
TY for the support and NICE wc lvl :-(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: