---4.4-Other Features
5.0-Map of the Guild/Other Pictures
6.0-Free Woodcutters Guild
7.0-Thank You's
8.0-Underbanners/Signatures
9.0-Other Suggestions
10.0-Quick Summary of Features

1.0-Introduction

Runescape has a various number of guilds for some of the more popular skills, but some of the most popular skills, Woodcutting, Fletching, and Firemaking, don't have any guild or any worthwile mini-games involving them. A Woodcutter's Guild would be a great addition to Runescape, filled with numerous features and additions that lumberjacks, fletchers, and pyros will all enjoy!

2.0-Location

I've looked over the Runescape Map and picked out 3 prime locations for a Woodcutting Guild:

Location #1
South of Castlewars, if they extend that little land area a bit and scoot the Fairy Ring north or west.
Pros: Easy access via teleport, doesn't disturb much.
Cons: None really (except Chompy hunting, maybe - but the land would extend to prevent much disturbance and everyone would stay in the guild.)
http://img64.imagesh...outhofcwzn5.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

Location #2
Karamja, North of Shilo Village
Pros: Fits in with Tai Bwo Wanni Clean-up WC games/trees.
Cons: Space issues, may disrupt nature runecrafting and overall travelling through Karamja
http://img64.imagesh...ckaramjaqj6.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

Location #3
Southeast of Rellekka
Pros: Easy access via teleport
Cons: Disturbs quest areas and Slayer Caves access
http://img265.images...rellekkaqg0.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

Location #4 (thanks Jamalboy)
West of the Falconry
Pros: Not much disturbance if land is extended, easy access via teleport
Cons: Space issues possible, may disrupt other trees, hunter, and the quests in that area
Posted Image

Post any other Location suggestions you have!

3.0-Requirements

Although many bots have been removed due to Jagex's trade updates, there are still many present. Some requirement ideas include:
  • 75 Woodcutting to enter the Guild, 70 Firemaking to use the Incenerator, and 70 Fletching to play "Statue Scramble"
  • A cluster of trees you must cut between the bank and the actual trees in the guild.
Post any other suggestions.

4.0-Features

This guild is going to be stuffed with all kinds of features that would benefit lumberjacks, fletchers, and all those pyros out there!

4.1-Woodcutting Features

Well, what do we give lumberjacks to make them happy? TREES! And lots of them! The guild would include willows, maples, yews, magics, and teak and mahogany too! Here's a list:
  • Oak-4 Trees
  • Willow-11 Trees
  • Maple-5 Trees
  • Yew-6 Trees
  • Magic-3 Trees
  • Teak-3 Trees
  • Mahogany-4 Trees

4.2-Firemaking Features

The Firemaking portion of the guild brings a big update to a failing skill- The Incenerator! Here's how it works: You burn your logs in the Incenerator--you still need the same Firemaking lvl you would need to burn them with a tinderbox, though the minimum level is 70--and you get 10% Bonus Exp per log!!! But, of course, there's a catch. Every 10 logs or so, the Incenerator must be cranked via the crank on the side of it. And, because of the intense heat, the metal tends to wear. It can easily be repaired with some swamp tar or paste though! There is also a bin under the Incenerator that collect the ashes that form, as with usual firemaking. The bin has a max carrying capacity of 28 ashes. You can empty it by simply dropping them on the floor, or by adding them to your inventory, should you want to keep them.

4.3-Fletching Features

The first of the two fletching features doesn't actually give fletching xp, but it definitely relates to fletching - The Fletcher! He will make bows for you, provided you give him the necessary items. You will need the appropriate log, a bowstring, and money (400gp per shortbow, 500gp per longbow).

Now for the part where you get fletching exp. A man named Freddy walks around the lobby. He is very interested in a new type of fletching. It involves making statues as offereings to the gods - Zamorak, Guthix, and Saradomin, as well as Armadyl, Bandos, and Zaros. But he isn't skilled enough to make them. That's where you come in, provided you are 70 Fletching. Talk to him, and you can begin "Statue Scramble." He will lend you his special knife and ask you to make him Saradomin statues. The object of the mini-game is it cut as much mahogany (that is the only kind) logs as you can and fletching a small statue to the god in the time allowed. Use the Carving Knife with a mahogany log to produce a Saradomin statue, which will automatically be sent to Freddy. You have 2 minutes per game, and must wait 1.5 minutes after a game before you can do it again. For every statue he receives, you will receive 1 Fletching Point, which you can use in his special shop.

Freddy's shop contains various rewards you can buy. There are many types of wood, experience rewards, and even a special knife to craft your own statues! Rewards:
  • Log(10)-1 Point
  • Oak Log(10)-5 Points
  • Willow Log(10)-10 Points
  • Maple Log(10)-15 Points
  • Teak Log(10)-20 Points
  • Maple Log(10)-25 Points
  • Mahogany Log(10)-30 Points
  • Yew Log(10)-35 Points
  • Magic Log(10)-40 Points
  • Carving Knife-150 Points
  • 300 Wc/Fletch/Fm Exp-1 Point (300 per ticket)
  • 3,100 Wc/Fletch/Fm Exp-10 Points (310 per ticket)
  • 8,125 Wc/Fletch/Fm Exp-25 Points (325 per ticket)
  • 35,000 Wc/Fletch/Fm Exp-100 Points (350 per ticket)
  • 380,000 Wc/Fletch/Fm Exp-1,000 Points (380 per ticket)
    **Note for the experience, you pick ONE of the three skills.
The Carving Knife can do everything a normal knife can, plus carve special statues out of mahogany. You can string statues you make on your own time and wear them as an amulet. 50 Prayer is required to wear them. Depending on the god you carved, the amulet gives different bonuses:
  • Saradomin: +6 to all Melee Def Stats, +8 Prayer
  • Guthix: +3 to all Melee Atk/Def Stats, +8 Prayer
  • Zamorak: +6 to all Melee Atk Stats, +8 Prayer
  • Armadyl: +6 Range Atk/Def, +8 Prayer
  • Zaros: +6 Mage Atk/Def, +8 Prayer
  • Bandos: +4 Strength, +8 Prayer
You can also hang statues in your chapel. The statue MUST be the same god as the symbol you have in your chapel. 48 Con Required. Hanging the statue will give you a +1 prayer bonus when using your altar (like the Nature Altar gives +2). NOTE that all statues and amulets are untradeable.

You can also make various other items with the knife:
  • Wooden Clogs (Any log can be used, each log gives more defence bonus, rising with each log (Normal --> Magic)

4.4-Other Features

Other things in this place include a bank and a water source. There is also Rob, who runs an axe shop. It sells all axes, excluding dragon, at a slight discount. Prices:
  • Bronze Axe: 10gp
  • Iron Axe: 40gp
  • Steel Axe: 100gp
  • Black Axe: 300gp
  • Mithril Axe: 450gp
  • Adamant Axe: 1,200gp
  • Rune Axe: 13,500gp
The Rob can also fix all axes. Prices are based off of the general store selling prices.

5.0-Map/Pictures

Heres the map

Posted Image

This is a sample of the Incenerator. The (badly-made) crank powers it, and the pink area (also badly-made) represents the weakened metal that needs repairing. The small bin to the left of it, next to the plant, is where the ashes must be emptied.

Posted Image

6.0-Free Woodcutter's Guild

Due to popular demand, I have created a map of a Free-to-Play Woodcutter's Guild. Many of the main elements of the guild have been, obviously, removed. The Incenerator, Fletching Mini-Game, Fletcher, Magic trees, Teak trees, and Mahogany trees have been removed. On the plus side, another section of Willow trees have been added, as well as a couple of Oak trees. One major update is the introduction of Maple trees to the free players. They can already be burnt, and now experienced lumberjacks can chop them as well! NOTE: Should the guild be F2P accessible, one of the F2P locations listed below (or another) will have to be used. When logged into a P2P world, the normal features would be usable. In F2P, though, the features would either be visible and unusable or simply invisible. Here is a map of the Guild:
Posted Image

Some prime locations for a Free Woodcutter's Guild would be:
West of Draynor. Possible move the Yew trees north/south or remove them. Since the HAM Hideout is useless to F2P'ers, maybe remove it? Or move it over a tad.
Pros: Easy access via teleport
Cons: Major space issues, disrupts many items in F2P and P2P, including trees, travel, and quest areas
Posted Image

Finally giving Rimmington a purpose :rolleyes:
Pros: Good area, not much there at the moment
Cons: Space issues(unless the land is extended)
Posted Image

7.0-Thank You's

-Friends for their input
-You, the reader, for your amazing support and ideas!

8.0-Underbanners and Signatures

Add one to your signature to show your support!

Posted Image
[url=http://www.zybez.net/community/index.php?showtopic=874263][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p59/patben1/wcguildunderbannerbackground.png[/IMG][/url]

Posted Image
[url=http://www.zybez.net/community/index.php?showtopic=874263][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p59/patben1/wcguildunderbanner.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Posted Image
[url=http://www.zybez.net/community/index.php?showtopic=874263][IMG]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p59/patben1/wcguildsig.jpg[/IMG][/url]

http://img222.images...1151/twgsp6.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]
Thanks to I Diego for this amazing sig!
[url="http://www.zybez.net/community/index.php?showtopic=874263"][img]http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1151/twgsp6.png[/img][/url]

9.0-Other Suggestions

I have received an alarming amount of support, but I want to show some ideas some felt could improve the guild. Here are some of the best ones; some have even been used in the thread! Thank you to everyone, once again!
  • Trees you must cut separating Bank from the actual trees to pass.
  • Name change, like "Woodsman Guild"
  • Lower requirements
  • Firemaking and Fletching requirements
  • Separate bank and shops in different areas
  • Fletching/Woodcutting/Firemaking (choice) Rewards from Fletching Points (similar to Brimhaven Agility, like 1 points gives X xp, 10 gives 10 times x xp, etc.)
  • Incenerator crank reduces run energy
  • Bin for the Incenerator that must be emptied of ashes every once in a while
  • Spread out trees

I got an idea for your "Statue Scramble" idea. For the rewards, the statues carvable by the Carving Knife should be able to be wieldable as a shield. To do that, you must carve it twice, so it will become a "Guardian". Also, you need 30 def to wield these "Guardians"
    --Saradomin Guardian: +10 to all melee defence stats, +5 to all melee attack stats, +5 to prayer and has 30HP
    --Zamorak Guardian: +5 to all melee defence stats, +10 to all melee attack stats, +5 to prayer and has 30HP
    --Guthix Guardian: +7 to all melee defence stats, +7 to all melee attack stats, +5 to prayer and has 30HP
    --Armadyl Guardian: +15 to all range defence/attack stats, +5 to prayer and has 30HP
    --Azzandra Guardian: +15 to all magic defence/attack stats, +5 to prayer and has 30HP

Now you must be wondering why I included HP ino the statues. Well the reason is for their special ability. Whenever you are wielding the Protector and get struck with a fatal blow, the Protector will absorb the damage for you and lose the HP for you, once it reaches 0 hitpoints, it will shatter and be unusable. However if the damage from the attack that could kill you is over 30, not only will it shatter, the amount of damage left over will still be deducted from your HP. In all, this means that although you will lose your Protector, it might save your life.

10.0-Quick Summary of Features

This section will give a brief description of virtually everything in one area.

Woodcutting (Lvl 75 Required to enter)
  • Oak: 4 trees
  • Willow: 11 trees
  • Maple: 5 trees
  • Yew: 6 trees
  • Magic: 3 trees
  • Teak: 3 trees
  • Mahogany: 4 trees
Firemaking - Incenerator (70 Firemaking Required)
  • 10% bonus exp. per log
  • Must be cranked every couple of loads
  • Bin of ashes to empty (on ground or into inv): 28 capacity
  • Weak area of metal: apply swamp paste/tar
Fletcher (Fletching)
  • Supply wood, string, 400gp for short, 500gp for long
  • NO exp.
Statue Scramble (Fletching - Level 70 Required)
  • 2 minute game; 1.5 minute wait between games
  • Teleported to mahogany trees
  • Cut logs; Craft into statues
  • 1 point per statue
  • Rewards Shop: Logs, Carving Knife, Wc/Fletch/Fm Exp.
Free Woodcutter's Guild
  • Lack Incenerator, Fletcher, Mini-Game, Mahogany, Teak, Magic
  • Reduced number of Yews
  • Increased Willows
  • Oak trees
  • F2P Update: Maple trees

POST ANY SUGGESTIONS YOU HAVE! THANKS![/size]

Edited by Patben, 17 June 2010 - 11:03 AM.

#2 biggz78

biggz78

• RS Name:SGT_Oxender
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 27 July 2007 - 06:51 PM

One thing doesnt actually give fletching xp, but it definitely relates to fletching - The Fletcher! He will make bows for you, provided you give him the necessary items. You will need the appropriate log, a bowstring, and money (400gp per shortbow, 500gp per longbow). And if you bring him the rare Dark Wood, along with 1,300,000gp, he will make you a Dark Bow!

Good idea, except for this part. There is no other way to get mauls, whips, rune boots, red mystic, etc. There should not be another way to get dark bows except the Dark Beasts.
Life Insurance
Death Insurance

Let's Rock.

2712'th to 99 slayer.

#3 Pele

Pele

Hello

• Clan:Republican

Posted 27 July 2007 - 07:03 PM

Splendid idea!

I like the 4 different locations, it will spread people out so it's not as crowded.
I like the firemaking idea, it encourages more people to firemake.

I think it's a very good idea, but it will cause a lot of change to the economy. Every log price will go down. Constructors will find it easier for their teak and mahogany logs. Perhaps add a lumbermill in the Guild?

:rolleyes:

Posted Image

#4 Jets 262

Jets 262

I am so

Posted 27 July 2007 - 07:31 PM

very thought over idea but dont u think 85 is a bit too high for a skill guild? i think sumthing like 70-75 would be more appropiate :) otherwise a very good idea

#5 Skatersovvn

Skatersovvn

• RS Name:Skatersovvn
  • Clan:.

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:26 PM

View PostPatben, on Jul 27 2007, 01:09 PM, said:

--Dark Wook-1,000 Points

It's dark wood. Just helping you with a simple spelling error.

And i like the idea. GJ
http://img528.images...ecroppedzk3.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

#6 Patben

Patben

Posted 28 July 2007 - 08:53 PM

i updated some grammatical errors ;-) (thanks skater :angry: )

#7 Insanewiggle

Insanewiggle

Posted 28 July 2007 - 09:39 PM

I know add one of those number screens and you have to write what you see like when you sign up for forums. Dark Wood should be used to make Dragon Arrows...

Edited by Insanewiggle, 28 July 2007 - 09:44 PM.

If I could be a monkey I'd swing the many vines of the world, if I was a computer I'd surf the webs until I washed out, if I was a paper, I'd write on myself fantastic stories of wonder, If I was a human I'd watch other things enjoy life on TV- Insanewiggle
New friends are silver but old friends are golden (Not my quote)
I once had a dog but he really wasn't a dog, I once had a toy but it really wasn't a toy, I once had a game but it really wasn't a game, by this time I figured out I had nothing and pretended I had something. Imagination works wonders.- Insanewiggle
"If light travels faster than sound maybe that's why people appear bright before they speak"
Surely you aren't serious?
First of all yes I am very serious second of all don't call me Shirley.

#8 Luky Inferno

Luky Inferno

See that weed?

Posted 28 July 2007 - 10:32 PM

Is the Dark Wood an actual type of wood or just one of your ideas? If it is one of your ideas, I know that Dark Bows are worth around 3mil-15mil, so having this option would ruin the game because it would make the Dark Bows really cheap and easy to merchant with, letting pures to take over the economy. Plus, what would make the Dark Wood rare? It wouldn't be rare if you can woodcut it, although it would be rare if you got it as a reward for completing a mini-game, probably a 1/1000th chance of getting so that pures wouldnt be able to take over the economy, and it would stop from letting too many Dark Bows getting into the game. Very good idea. ;-)

View PostJets 262, on Jul 27 2007, 08:31 PM, said:

very thought over idea but dont u think 85 is a bit too high for a skill guild? i think sumthing like 70-75 would be more appropiate :) otherwise a very good idea
I think lvl 85wc would be a great lvl to get into, but the problem is that, it would make it the highest lvl req for a guild, the highest lvl req for now is the fishing guild, 68 fishing req.

Edited by Luky Inferno, 28 July 2007 - 10:33 PM.

#9 The_Arrowz

The_Arrowz

Vegury's #1 Fan Ftw!

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:42 AM

75 should be the requirement..Unless Jagex makes a new tree for lvl 85 Wc.

Posted Image

Look >>>>>>>>>>>>                                                 If you looked here, i wasted your time. <<<<<<<<< Look

#10 Patben

Patben

Posted 29 July 2007 - 12:33 PM

The problem i think with a req in the 70s is that it is too easy to achieve.  And many macros have WC lvls in the 70 range.  A req in the 80s would be much more appropriate.

#11 sodiumhydroxideNAoH

sodiumhydroxideNAoH

• RS Name:whizzkid1993
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:58 AM

I support this idea but I think that the level requirement of 85 is too high. Not a lot of high levels have 85+ woodcutting, and these are not macroers or bots. Just because we are having warfare on the bots doesn't mean we have to affect the high players.

On a more positive note, I like your idea  :lol:   Keep coming up with good suggestions like these!

#12 Alyng

Alyng

• RS Name:just fear m3

Posted 30 July 2007 - 04:53 AM

i think ur idea is nice but i still think the guild will be known as a bot guild.
in the long time u cant keep the bots out.

Edited by Alyng, 30 July 2007 - 04:54 AM.

#13 Saikyn

Saikyn

Blackheart

• RS Name:Zenfor1

Posted 30 July 2007 - 04:54 AM

I like the idea on the whole. But, again, 85 WC to enter the Guild is slightly high. I propose 80, not because i'm 79 but an 80 level holds a sense of achievement and, in this case, access to a Guild that requires such a high level.

The Incinerator - I've had this idea myself in the past, but it's a bad one. It totally flaws the purpose of Firemaking. You are no longer creating a fire yourself, hence the skill, if you merely place the logs into a pre-made fire. It's too easy and too simple. Sorry, but I doubt that'd make the game.

The Fletcher - Safe in terms of trust-trades as you arn't trusting another person, but too costly. Plus, it betrays the point of player Fletchers such as myself (Fletch 86).

Dark Wood - No go.

I support the idea of a Guild, as I do for an official Fletcher's Guild (un-official guild located at Yannille Bank World 132), but there's more than a few things that need to be changed here.

Zen

Your signature has been removed because it was simply too cool for this community. It was too big (either too wide or too tall) and/or its file-size was too large for other signatures to compete. To find out how to obtain a less-cool signature, please see our Help & Rules Section. Please ensure that you fix your signature according to the rules before putting it up again, otherwise you may be banned as your current choice puts other member's signature choices to shame. If you need any help, feel free to contact me.
Thanks,
cestal

http://goal.runecity.../99/Zenfor1.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

#14 huggy pked u

huggy pked u

Visit My Slayer Log in Acheivments

• RS Name:huggy pked u

Posted 30 July 2007 - 05:04 AM

i agree with alyng, eventually the bots will be high enough level to get into your guild and will overtake it, there is no way to keep them out, but at least having 85 woodcutting requirement will keep them out for a longer time

#15 Paulc

Paulc

YouTube: Paulc771

• RS Name:Duneire

Posted 30 July 2007 - 05:48 AM

That's a great idea, in fact; i was thinking of this idea last night. Honestly! Yeah, nice idea. I support. Every skill needs a guild I think.

Check out my YouTube channel full of random vids! Here

- Duneire (RSN)

- I follow Jesus

- 99 Firemaking achieved - 7th June 2008

- 99 Cooking achieved - 22nd October 2008

- 99 Construction achieved - 8th April 2010

- 99 Woodcutting achieved - 6th June 2010

- 99 Crafting achieved - May 2012

- Former Zybez Radio DJ - tune in here!

#16 Patben

Patben

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:06 AM

I put the req at 85 not to keep bots out, but because a req in the 70s would be way to easy to obtain.  I guess 80 is good, but it would be kinda easy to obtain.

And could someone explain to me how bots could get around a PIN that you must enter when you enter the guild??

Also took out the Dark Wood-not that great of an idea.

And what does everyone think of aggressive monsters at the entrance of the guild?

#17 Daolong_Cham

Daolong_Cham

• RS Name:Daolong_Cham

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:20 AM

I like the idea.

There should actually be more magic trees, 3 is not enough. West of Legends' Guild already has 4 trees, how can the Woodcutter's Guild have lesser magic trees than a place which isn't a guild.

#18 whytp

whytp

Hell YEH!

• RS Name:whytp
  • Clan:skill firm

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:34 AM

--Bronze Axe: 10gp  ( should be 1-2gp )

--Iron Axe: 40gp   ( 20 gp )

--Steel Axe: 100gp ( 300 gp )

--Black Axe: 300gp  ( shouldn't have on sale )

--Mithril Axe: 450gp      ( 1k )

--Adamant Axe: 1,100gp   ( 7k)

--Rune Axe: 11,000gp  (18,5k)

#19 [HC]Danny

[HC]Danny

Pixeler in training

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:07 AM

85 wc is too high, make it like 70, other than that its good.

#20 Patben

Patben

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:58 AM

A req in the 70s is way to easy to obtain (for the third time :lol: ).

Also edited axe prices(thanks whytp).

Edited by Patben, 30 July 2007 - 11:59 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: