X  The Bandit Melee Camping Guide

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
227 replies to this topic

#1 Kod Flame

Kod Flame

Racecar spelt backwards.

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:52 AM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Now better experience than Pest Control!

Disclaimer: This guide is for fast experience that you only have to half-pay attention to. This DOES NOT mean you never look at your Runescape window This is in direct violation of Jagex Rules and is punishable by banning. This guide does not support that.

Table of Contents
  • i - Revision history
  • 1.0 - Introduction
  • ____1.1 - The Route
  • 2.0 - Requirements and Reccomendations
  • 3.0 - The Bandits
  • 4.0 - The Spots
  • 5.0 - Advanced
  • ____5.1 - The Bar
  • ____5.2 - Bones to Peaches
  • ____5.3 - What to do while Training
  • 6.0 - Quickie Tips
  • 7.0 - Frequently Asked Questions
  • 8.0 - Credits

i - Revision history
» 5/July/2007 - Guide started

1.0 - Introduction
» This guide is being made for the people who, like I used to be, needed help on melee camping Bandits. This guide also contains armours and equipment that are pretty cheap and provide the basics to Bandit Camping. I am creating this guide with ease because I will be melee camping myself at bandits for awhile. Bandits are some of the best experience in the game and can be pretty much be trained on while doing other things, like talk on MSN, post here at RSC, watch videos, etc.

The concept of "Camping" is staying at a spot for a long time, training all the while. This is made easy by the fact that Bandits will auto attack you forever as long as you have some sort of God symbol on. Auto retaliate is a must.

This guide is only made up of guidelines and things I have found to be effective. If you have found another way to do things within this guide, please post them so I can decide if they are good to be added to my guide. Thank you.

» Where: The Bandit Camp, located here:

Posted Image

»Who: Bandits (Level 57)

»What: You will be fighting bandits (Level 57). This generates anywhere between 40k-60k experience an hour, depending on levels, potions, etc.

»Why: For experience of course! Bandits have very few good drops.

»How: You must always be wearing a god item to aggrivate the Bandits to constantly attack you. This is a very good bonus when AFKing or 'camping' at bandits.

Note: This guide is only going to show the way of using Guthans or the Bones to Peaches Spell.

1.1 - Route

Posted Image

Red is walking
green is carpet ride(200 gp)
light blue is where the bandits are.
Once done at Bandits because of Guthans needs repairing or need a restock of supplies, just rub your glory and teleport to Al-kharid. Another option would be to home teleport to Lumbridge, but that is not recommended.

2.0 - Requirements and Recommendations

Requirements(Stats)
70+ Attack
70+ Strength
80+ Defence (Very important)
70+ HP

Any lower, and AFKing will be very hard as you will be hit over and over.

The gear is what you should be wearing most of the time. When healing with Guthans, make sure all your Guthans is on. Sometimes lag causes one piece of Guthans to not be equipped, which ruins the whole strategy.

Posted Image

Head: Helm of Neitiznot, can be replaced with a rune full helm, dragon full helm, dragon medium helm or a Berserker.
Body: Rune plate*, can be replaced with Granite platebody, dragon chainmail or Fighter Torso
Legs: Rune platelegs*, can be replaced with dragon platelegs or dragon skirt.
Boots: Rune boots, can be replaced with Climbing boots. Use the best ones you can.
Gloves: I have Addy Gloves, but you should use the best ones you can.
Cape: Zamorakian Cape, can be replaced with Sara or if another symbol of God is used, then a Skill Cape or Fire Cape can be used.
Shield: Rune defender, can be replaced with rune kiteshield, a God book.
Weapon: Abyssal Whip, can be replaced with a Dragon scimmy if you want to train strength or at the very least a Dragon long.
Amulet: Amulet of Glory, can be replaced with a fury. If you replace it with a fury, you can use the home teleport to get back to Lumbridge and run to Alkharid or you could just take the magic carpet back to Shanty's Pass and bank there.
Ring: Ring of Life, can be replaced by a ring of recoil, berserker ring or warrior ring NOT RECOMMENDED

* These items can be alterned with God Trimmed ones as substitutes for God Cape, letting you use a Fire Cape, Skill Cape or an Obby Cape

Barrows can also be used as the main fighting armour, but it must be noted that you will have to repair it along with your Guthans.

Here are three examples of alternative equipments, thanks to Violent Scatman and 1mpuls3, thanks guys:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

The reason why I chose a ring of life is because things happen. You might be watching a video intensely and forget about Runescape and die. I recommend calculating the HP that you need to be teleported by the ring(Your HPX.1).
Posted Image
Super Sets: Can be replaced with Combat Potions, any potion that gives some melee bonus.
Full Guthans: Can be replaced with Bones to peaches runes or tablets. Not recommended as Guthans is the best.
200+ GP: Needed to take the carpet ride.
1 Waterskin(4): Need to stay hydrated on the long trip.
1-3 Monkfish: Just in case. Sometimes you're in a spot where you just can't whip out your Guthans fast enough to heal. This is what food is for. Can be replaced with Lobsters+.
1 Super Anti Poison Potion: Can be replaced by normal antipoison. Strange Plants can poison.
Dragon Mace: For specialing. Can be replaced with a Dragon Dagger or a Dragon Battleaxe just for the special.
Shanty Pass: Needed to get into the desert
Be sure to have 2-4 spaces of inventory open as you must have nothing in your hands to ride the magic carpet.

Remember that your Guthans must be repaired after roughly 15 hours of fighting in them. However, remember that you will not always be wearing Guthans. To repair your Guthans, go to Bob in Lumbridge, he will repair the whole set from 0 to 100 for 330k.

A good high level/rich setup is shown here by 1mpuls3:

Pic 1

3.0 - The Bandits

Posted Image

They're level 57 and have 50-ish HP. Their drops include:
  • Bones(100%)
  • Nature Runes
  • Gold
  • Steel axe and battleaxe
  • Iron battleaxe
  • Cosmic Runes
  • Chaos Runes
  • Death Runes
  • Law Runes
  • Random herbs
None of these are worth picking up if you wish to train effectively. However, if you are using Bones to Peaches, then picking up Nature Runes would be a smart thing to do.

4.0 - The Spots

There are 3 main spots that I've come to find as effective. All are show here:

Posted Image

Teal is Spot 1
Red is Spot 2
Green is Spot 3

All are explained further:

Spot 1
Posted Image

Spot 2
Posted Image
The green box is an alternative just in case you want to be attacked by less bandits. Not recommended doing the alternative unless you need to gain health, eat, etc.

Spot 3
Posted Image

5.0 - Advanced Strategy

The main concept of using the Guthans to heal is to fight in your normal gear(whip, rune, etc.) and then to switch to full Guthans when you begin losing health. A good strategy is to heal when you're at half health, but you can let it go lower if you feel confident. Remember that if your health is really low, such as maybe 10-20, then it is a good idea to eat one food and put on your Guthans as soon as possible.

5.1 - The Bar

The bar is filled with Bandits (Level 74) and it is not recommended training there unless you have 95+ defence or a high defence armour, such as torags. Below is the main spot if you do wish to attempt this:

Posted Image
Provided by Violent Scatman

5.2 - What to do while Training

Using the Bones to Peaches spell at Bandits requires 60 Magic as well as the unlocking of it at the Mage Training Arena.

The idea is, that you pick up the bones that the bandits drop, and you convert them to Peaches, and heal using them. Trust me, you'll have no shortage of bones :thumbsup:

Thanks to Nicolas2002 for donating these pictures:

Pic 1
Pic 2

5.2 - What to do while Training

The thing I like to do while training at Bandits is watch movies. This can be done in many ways and is not against the rules as long as you keep an eye on the RS window once in awhile. Below is a thumbnail of roughly my setup, while I'm watching Death Note on TV Links. The higher the resolution, the easier and more detailed the movie can become.

Image removed atm.

Some good movie sites are:

All Southpark: For mature watchers only. Southpark episodes. Love them ^_^

6.0 - Quickie Tips
  • Always make sure that you put on all your Guthans. Lag may cause piece of Guthans to not be equipped.
  • Take off you god symbol when you want to log out.
  • Basicly keep an eye on your stats. Pot up when ready, check how far to next level, but most importantly: KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR HEALTH

7.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Do Bandits poison?

» A:
No, they do not.

Q: How much does this whole setup cost?

» A:
From nothing, probably around 11M.

Q: How much experience per hour?

» A:
40k-60k, depending on if pots are used, combat level, etc.

Q: What about randoms?

» A:
Most randoms are easy to counter. The only real threat that I've ever had was a Evil Chicken, which has a magic attack and the armours within this guide are all low on magic defense. The trick is to check for randoms every, maybe, 20-30 seconds.

Q: Can you sell noted food to the general store and buy it back?

» A:
Until recently, you could not, but because of the shop update you now can! Nicely done!

8.0 - Credits
Ben_Goten78: The sexy layout
Kod Flame: Maker of the guide
Jagex: Use of the world map
Paint: All graphics within this guide were created and editted in paint.
J36miles: For just being sexy.
Violent Scatman, 1mpuls3, Nicolas2002: Donation of pictures.
Vergury: For helping alot and being positive. Thanks :D
Imageshack: Hosting my pictures.

Guide Copyright Notice:
All Guides are Copyright © Zybez RuneScape Community Guides forum and the original author, 2001-2010+; All Rights Reserved.

All Guides submitted to Zybez RuneScape Community become property of the Zybez Guides forum. Use on any other website without the author's permission is PROHIBITED!

Edited by ToeJam, 16 January 2012 - 03:30 AM.
fixed images

Posted Image

#2 Violent Scatman

Violent Scatman

Quality over quantity.

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:52 AM

First off, nice progress. I enjoyed reading it already and will glady help you a bit.
  • Pictures : Some pictures are really necessary, this is why I made 2 for you.
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Some you will need are : inventory picture, certainly a map, perhaps a picture to show how you get there with a flying rug..

• You seem to have forgotten "amulet" at required gear.

• I would really say 80+ defence or atleast 70+ with a super defence potion, elseway you'll just get hit way too much. Believe me, at level 99 you still get hit a lot.

• Some things that are really helpfull :
    • [Approximate experience] : 50k/ hour
    • You will always need one god item, which will make them agressive and attack you. This can be a platebody (for example the zammy one) or a cape, a helm, legs, kite. One god item is required to make them attack you.
I will add more, later.

Keep up the good work, looking great so far.

Good work so far, keep it up.

Edited by Violent Scatman, 05 July 2007 - 07:53 AM.

Posted Image-[Violent Scatman]
-[Enjoy Summer '07]
-[Retired from RS]
-[Zybez Radio]
-[PM me]
-[#zybezevent]-

#3 Kod Flame

Kod Flame

Racecar spelt backwards.

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:05 AM

Thanks! And there is the average experience under the "What" in intro. Thanks for the pics and the support :wub:

I'll update the changes. Btw, how do you get out of the desert with a fury instead of a glory?
Posted Image

#4 Violent Scatman

Violent Scatman

Quality over quantity.

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:15 AM

View PostKod Flame, on Jul 5 2007, 04:05 PM, said:

Btw, how do you get out of the desert with a fury instead of a glory?
  • Home Teleport (however it's not recommended unless you take your god item off)
  • Collect 100 coins and take the rug back to Shantay pass
  • Ectophial, I basicly take it everywhere with me.
:suspect:

I'm pretty sure you'll get more benifits in training of wearing a fury then wearing a glory, and it may take 20 seconds longer to get away from there, but in experience it might determine 5,000k experience per hour.
:wub:

• Also something you could add is the fact you might face another person trying to steal your spot. Just ask them nicely to go away and tell them you had been training here for quite a while.
    Usually, if they have a bit of respect, they log out.
  • You can train in the bar, but 95+ defence is required, and you'll have to be wearing a strong defence armour (for example torags). Picture :  Posted Image

Posted Image-[Violent Scatman]
-[Enjoy Summer '07]
-[Retired from RS]
-[Zybez Radio]
-[PM me]
-[#zybezevent]-

#5 ~Josh~

~Josh~

• RS Name:Retired.
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Retired.

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:59 AM

You could always use a fighter torso for the strength bonus :D

#6 Karll

Karll

from here to eternity

• RS Name:Zerk4a

Posted 05 July 2007 - 01:31 PM

You could also mention that Barrows armour could be an alternative to rune, however you will obviously have to mention that if you plan on staying at Bandits for a long time, your barrows armour will degrade quickly. (however it does provide a better defence bonus than rune) A ring of life can be replaced with a warrior's ring or berserker's ring.

Once when I was training there, I ended up logging out after 5 minutes, because there were only approximately 2 bandits attacking me every minute or so. If you kill the Bandits to quickly, they may not respawn back quick enough, and you may end up logging out.

Posted Image

#7 rie

rie

• RS Name:rie60
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:41 PM

can you bring noted food and sell to the general store? otherwise nice guide

#8 Kod Flame

Kod Flame

Racecar spelt backwards.

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:36 PM

Sorry, but as said in the guide:

Note: This guide is only going to show the way of using Guthans or the Bones to Peaches Spell.

I have no experience with that matter. Sorry.
Posted Image

#9 J36

J36

• RS Name:J36

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:10 PM

View PostKod Flame, on Jul 5 2007, 08:52 AM, said:

Head: Helm of Neitiznot, can be replaced with a rune full helm, dragon full helm, or draon medium
I believe you mean Dragon Medium helm.
You could possibly add dragon full helm soon once they start being used and obtained.

I'll do more later. I'm tired. If you need anything else contact me.

#10 Pele

Pele

Hello

• Clan:Republican

Posted 06 July 2007 - 07:40 AM

Good guide.

For the helm, a beserker helm would also work well.
For the ring, I personally wear a warrior ring, just check in on your guy every once in awhile so he doesn't die.

With your inventory, the grammar needs fixing up. It's changing styles in the middle of it. I would turn it into this:

Combat Potions: Can be replaced with Super sets, any potion that gives some melee bonus.
Full Guthans: Can be replaced with Bones to peaches runes or tablets. Not recommended as Guthans is the best.
200+ GP: Needed to take the carpet ride.
1 Waterskin(4): Need to stay hydrated on the long trip.
1-3 Monkfish: Just in case. Sometimes you're in a spot where you just can't whip out your Guthans fast enough to heal. This is what food is for. Can be replaced with Lobsters+.
1 Super Anti Poison Potion: Can be replaced by normal antipoison. Strange Plants can poison.
Dragon Mace: For specialing. Can be replaced with a Dragon Dagger or a Dragon Battleaxe just for the special.

Another tip: If your logging out and coming back later. Make sure you take your god cape off and go behind a tent so you won't be attacked just before you log out or log back in.

:wub:

Posted Image

#11 vegury

vegury

Vince

• RS Name:vegury

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:28 AM

Good guide so far, it contains most of the information.
There are some things I

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Aike

Aike

<insert witty remarks>

• RS Name:N/A
  • Clan:N/A

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:38 AM

If possible, you might want to include a double-check inventory/modes kind of thing. Like a checklist telling you everything you might need to include., You'd be suprise how many people may forget auto-retaliate, or weapons.

<offtopic> to get around the AFK, just bring your keyboard everywhere you go, lol </offtopic>

http://pokejungle.ne...pet/Pikachu.gif [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]
W22 since 2005

#13 1mPuLs3

1mPuLs3

• Clan:'The' Clan

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:21 PM

Posted Image
Decent Inv Pic if you want to use.  The ammy is a camulet, which teles you to to a place below the granite and sandstone mines.

Posted Image
Best Gear.

Posted Image

| 95-110 Combat to Join | 73+ Members | 106 Combat Average| Forums | Memberlist |

#14 Kod Flame

Kod Flame

Racecar spelt backwards.

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:18 PM

Thanks so much guys!

I've majorly upgraded the guide, adding most of you guys' feedback. Alot of pictures have been added, a disclaimer added and more to come!

I've got a good feeling about this guide :evil:
Posted Image

#15 Pele

Pele

Hello

• Clan:Republican

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:47 AM

Looks a lot better!  :evil:

Just noticed one other thing: Barrows armor has to be repaired at every 15 Hours of combat.

Posted Image

#16 vegury

vegury

Vince

• RS Name:vegury

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:06 AM

Here's an inventory picture, don't forget you need some open space for your weapon and shield when you take the carpet ride. :evil:
Posted Image
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/382/banditsinventoryib3.png

*Vegury

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 kukaka

kukaka

94 magic @ Friday 13. October 2006

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:06 AM

View PostPele, on Jul 7 2007, 02:47 PM, said:

Looks a lot better!  :evil:

Just noticed one other thing: Barrows armor has to be repaired at every 15 Hours of combat.
Actually it has to be repaired after a certain number of time you've been hit. Unsure of the exact number atm tho :S

Posted Image
^Click On the Picture To Go To The Guide^

View PostHis Lordship, on Sep 25 2007, 09:32 PM, said:

You make me lose faith in the progress of humanity.

#18 Ruber

Ruber

EPIC MAN

• Clan:The Titans

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:24 AM

actually kukaka its 15 hours in combat, great guide, helped me alot
Posted Image

#19 Woden_Rune

Woden_Rune

• RS Name:Woden Rune

Posted 07 July 2007 - 02:22 PM

Dose any one know bandits max hit?

#20 nick larking

nick larking

def noob :O

Posted 07 July 2007 - 02:36 PM

I would like to add that.

-can switchdefender to obby shield also

-can switch god cape for fire cape, (If you wear god trimmed rune instead of normal rune plate/legs)

-can switch rune plate for fighter torso

- instead of guthan some people can use bones to peaches
if they unlocked the spell. (some dont wanna risk or cant afford guthan)
*just saw you already had it in your guid (sorry that i overread that part :evil:)

The max of bandits is 8.
If some1 is on lunar you can use monster examine to see there max hit and hp.
its a while ago that i have been to bandits, like 1year ago if not more so it could be 1higher or lower.

Edited by nick larking, 07 July 2007 - 02:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: