Price Guide

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 samtrex

samtrex

• RS Name:samtrex
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:54 AM

question  why is the prices on the price guided so low. compared to  rune hq.

tuna patatoe on rune hq  is 2-3k ea  your price guide says  1k to 1.6k ea

#2 Wh1pple

Wh1pple

• RS Name:wh1pple

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:59 AM

Probably because theres not set price for anything.. It's whatever players want to sell them for.

#3 Grant2

Grant2

DEDKELET

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 02 March 2007 - 09:30 AM

Well.. if you go to a small Runescape website you see this:
Please Note: Runescape prices change all the time and it is impossible for us to accurately display them. Please do not take prices found in this database as current! They may be off by as much as 500% or more! The prices are just to give you an idea of the going price, but it is your responsibility to investigate all prices before doing business. Do not blame us if you get cheated because you believed a price in this database is correct!

#4 benny13_20_1

benny13_20_1

Rain: Unappreciated beauty

• RS Name:Benny13 20 1
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 02 March 2007 - 09:48 AM

the only reson i use runehw is for the item search and the monster search. and mostly only to see high alch or properties.  for current strret price you should always go to zybez price guide....  

i would choose the a small Runescape website item search for price checking if it was better mantained.. but it isnt...   at they dont have any staff specially for it.

when checking guides you really should try avoiding a small Runescape website.     use tipit or zybez. (my favorite is tipit).    the thing i really like about runescapecommunity is mainly the forums.   the main website i dont find it that good exept for the price guide.

#5 Enviro

Enviro
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:09 AM

That's because the Zybez price guide is much better. It's been around for a lot longer, and it is being updated daily.

#6 Manga

Manga

Wings of Freedom

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:18 AM

RuneHQ updates prices when they feel like it.
We here at Zybez update prices everytime the price changes.

RuneHQ in my opnion has a horrible price guide.

☼ This never ever should have been, but that's the way it is ☼
Posted Image
Zchat Gold Star |Zybeznet Overseer|MM&D Staff|Global Moderator

#7 Jeremy

Jeremy

Posted 02 March 2007 - 03:36 PM

I can guarantee you that we are more accurate than RHQ. The prices are updated everyday.  I've been doing them every night of late, and can personally assure you we update often.  If you don't believe me, on the main page for the price guide, keep an eye on the top 10 most recently updated.  They'll be different everyday. :wub:
Posted Image
Former:
Global Moderator
Radio Manager
Head of Content
Events Team
Blogs Team
Zybez20 Host

#8 Ben_Goten78

Ben_Goten78

• RS Name:Ben_Goten78

Posted 03 March 2007 - 03:14 PM

View PostFlaming Arrow, on Mar 3 2007, 07:36 AM, said:

If you don't believe me, on the main page for the price guide, keep an eye on the top 10 most recently updated.  They'll be different everyday. :wub:
If you hover over the last 10 updated prices you'll see the time when they were last updated :thumbsup:

Also a few things...

* When our item database is released (83% complete, woo), all items will link to their respective item database entries (which will be packed with correct information), which will also contain the market price of that item, and will be updated as the price guide is updated!

* The Market Price Guide is the recipient of over 50% of Zybez's weekly traffic. Most IRC bots point to our price guide as well.

* a small Runescape website and tipperit.com both maintain the stance that they believe it is impossible (or too difficult for them to try) to keep a price guide updated. Zybez defies that. We update up to 30 different prices each day.

* Other fansites most likely go through people who maintain the prices quickly because they get tired of it (I read the other day on another fansite... "pfft, noone would want to dedicate 20mins to updating prices") Well we do it, and more, everyday. The Zybez Price Guide was maintained by one person (myself) since 2004. Only over the past few months have I allowed 2 or 3 others to help maintain it, so you know that we know what we're doing.

http://www.sitefarmers.com.au/img/logo/sf-mini.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]
Sitefarmers Web Design - Growing YOUR Business Online - Brisbane, Queensland.

#9 DoM cAbAn

DoM cAbAn

Xbox 360 Gamer

Posted 11 April 2007 - 12:06 PM

Zybez Price Guide is much better; it's updated daily.  :-)

Do You Play Xbox 360? Need Achievement Help? Click My Signature And Put Me (DoM cAbAn) As A Referral!

Posted Image

#10 Fcmsaab

Fcmsaab

OP Paladin

• RS Name:fcmsaab
  • Clan:TBA

Posted 11 April 2007 - 04:03 PM

a small Runescape website Prices have been there for ages without update :ph34r:

Zybez = Updated on daily  bases

انا الذي نظر الاعمى الى ادبى و اسمعت كلامتيه من به صمم

World of Warcraft addiction Since 2007

Proud to been A Dark Slayer

Proud Proud to been a member of Divine Forces

#11 jr21

jr21

• RS Name:otle

Posted 11 April 2007 - 05:23 PM

a small Runescape website has the old prices cuz they to lazy we here make it so you can know the price of the item when you need to and not the old price

#12 Scientist

Scientist

• RS Status:Free

Posted 11 April 2007 - 07:06 PM

Perhaps RHQ may be wrong? If I am not mistaken, Zybez prices vary, as do all price guides' prices. Zybez is more accurate than the others (my opinion) on most items, and they go from the lowest that's seen to the highest. Of course, this varies from player to player because it's the player's price indeed.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: