3) Dking with veracs
4) The method
5) Safe spots
6) Dking with Guthans
7) Preparing for trouble
8) Conclusion
9) FAQ

INTRODUCTION!

Hello and welcome to my guide about how to solo rex, "Firstborn of the legandary Dagganoth Kings". This guide will tell you everything you need to know about how to do it, from getting there, to safe spots and how to survive.
This is not a guide about how to team the dagganoth kings, just how to solo rex.

Why you should bother doing this
Well, as expected with all "bosses" of runescape eg. The Kaliphite Queen, KBD and Chaos Ele, the dagganoth kings drops, are not only good, easy to sell and expensive, there dropped fairly often, and in many cases (certainly mine) they have led me to untold richness ;).

Apart from all that, it is amazing magic and hitpoints exp, and you will find yourself leveling both very fast if you decide to do this.

And of course, its very fun :) espeially when you get 2 d axes or beserker rings in one trip.

DKING WITH VERACS!

I suggest the following equipment for soloing rex.
-Full Veracs (not the flail)
-Granite sheild/crystal sheild
-Rune boots/mystic boots
-Mystic gloves/barrows gloves
-God cape/Legands/Firecape/skill cape
-Amulet of fury/Glory/God stole
-RING OF WEALTH (dont forget this!!)

You will find the amulet of fury/God stole and granite sheild/crystal sheild most usefull, becase it provides that little extra bit of range defence which you will need.

You should look a bit like this:
Posted Image

YOUR INVENTORY!

Depending on your prayer/HP/Defence level, your inventory should consist off:

-1200 slayer dart spells, 1.2k deaths and 4.8k Minds
-5 Camelot teles
-3 superanti poisons (4)
-11 Superrestores (4)
-10 Saradomin Brews (4)

So your inventory should look like this:

Posted Image

:Note: I take 50 camelot teles because i like to tele grab things...Its a problem i know, and im trying to deal with it :S.

THE METHOD!

First off, you must find someone to suicide agaisnt the supreme for you, so you can get past safley without being completly ruined by the supreme and prime.This should be someone you can trust, and knows what there doing. Eg. In your clan. (More about this later in the guide).

GETTING THERE!

We start our dagganoth king adventure in seers bank. And you have to travel from there to waterbirth island. Here is the quickest way from seers bank:

Posted Image
Go to Jarvald and click travel, then yes.

The suiciders Invent should look like this:

Posted Image
He/she should be wearing nothing and only have that in his/her invent.

Here comes the hard bit. Once outside of the cave in which the Kings are at the end. Put on protect meele on and enter. This is where you need your suiciding partner, because you have to have 2 people to stand on the pressure pads on the door, to enter. Run north to the door, and have both of you stand on the pressure pads, then click open on the door, and run through, following the path to the three baricades blocking your way DOWN the ladder.

Now, when your at the barricades blocking your way to the ladder, the suicider needs to use the rune throwing axe SPECIAL on the middle door, so to hit all the barricades for 1 and make them all fall down.
Its usefull to take two throwing axes incase you accidently throw it without the special on.

It should looks something like this:
Posted Image

After the barricades are down put on MAGE PROTECT and go DOWN the ladder.

Ive now included a nice little video of how to get to rex and also what the suicider should do, just for all you little scamps out there *wub*

(Props to j40k who i nicked it off :D)

Dag King Video here!! Click mee <---

After Getting to the safespot from rex as youve seen on the video, just continue to mage and lure him untill you run out of pots/runes and have to tele out.
Of course there are implications as will be later explained.

THE SAFE SPOTS!
While maging rex, there are a few safe spots which you can use where he cant touch you.(each one is where im standing)

The best one to use is this
Posted Image
This is because, if you stand here other than anywhere else the southern and northern spinolyp wont find you, so your trip lasts longer :)

After that, if rex does manage to get to you the next spot is this: Just south of the last one.
Posted Image

And fianlly, if rex still manages to get you, your going to have to run north, get completly raped by spinolyp and stand here, or as close too..

Posted Image

LURING REX!
There really is only one place to stand without getting seen by prime to lure rex. And its right here..
Posted Image
Its only about 4 spaces west from safe spot #1.
What you do is; stand there untill rex spawns, then use a slayer dart on him and run back to your original safe spot..What could be simpler?
However, there are times when Rex will instantly move away as soon as he spawns..If he moves towards you and dosnt go any more south thats fine, just lure him as normall. If not, and he walks away, WAIT FOR HIM TO COME BACK! If you dont you will run after him and eight tims out of ten Prime will see you.
Also, if he spawns and instantly moves south, just wait for him to move back to his original spawning position, as he will avoid getting stuck at safe spot #1

DKING WITH GUTHANS!

Dking with guthans has its pro's and cons. Potentialy you have the chance of getting more drops, thus more money because you can stay there longer. However, it is much more expensive to do so. You are going to need more super restores than sara brews, and super restores cost alot more than brews. Also If you die, your going to lose your SPEAR! Thus making useing guthans a risky buisiness.

Using Guthans for DKing is pretty much, excatly the same method of what you do with veracs, with the exception that you need to heal, on the spinolyp around you.

When your about to heal always give yourself  about 50 hp left, so you dont run the risk of a spinoylp hitting a few tens on you and you dying. Furthermore try to always heal in between killing rex. Eg. Youve just killed him, and your on 70/99 hp. Heal now, and dont risk getting hit alot by the next rex.

Apart from that, thats all you need to know really.

YOUR INVENT!

Your inventory should look something like this, depending on your prayer/hp level. (Please excuse my terrible editing techniques because i couldnt be arsed to take a new screenie)

Posted Image
-Obviously your going to need more slayer dart runes that 1.1k. I suggest something in the regioin on 2.5k deaths and however many minds you need with that.
-Always keep a one or two sara brews on you for an emergency..aka if your getting lured, and dont have time to heal..Drink up.
- The extra super anti is because your going to be there longer, but i recommend taking one or two more than thats in the pic.

YOUR GEAR!

(i dont have a picture yet, because im skint and cant afford guthans ^_^ but dont worry one will be comming soon)

Guthans helm
Guthans body
Guthans plateskirt
Guthans spear
Fury/glory/God stole
mystic gloves/barrows gloves
rune boots/mystic boots
RING OF WEALTH
SKillcape/firecape/God cape
Slayer staff
Granite/crystal sheild

And thats all you need to know, everything is the same in what you do as it if with veracs, but your now just wearing Guthans :)

PREPARING FOR TROUBLE!

Of course as you keep going to Dag Kings more and more many more events will start happening. The most frequent being lurers.

This is the term used for people who go into the kings "arena" and lure the supreme and prime on you causing you to either teleport outa there or die...Painfully.

Unfortunatly there arnt many things you can do if you find yourself encounterd with this problem. Realisticly there are three sensible options.
1) Die, and loose your stuff.
2) Tele.
3) Run north and hope to God that they dont follow you. (This is incredibly risky, the best thing to do is tele)

Another nuisence but not really an emergancy are randoms.
This can be solved very simply. Always keep your invent full, with one thing or another. Namely, Empty vials or bones.

Furthermore some of the other common problems, is as you continue to lure rex towards you you might run a bit further than intended and get prime on you. If this happens you MUST have protect mage on at ALL TIMES. If not your going to get very dead, very soon. In anycase your going to have protect mage on anyway, because of the amount of spinolyp surrounding you and ruining your hp and prayer.

Another Problem is Rex not gettin stuck, so you can mage him safley. If this happens the best thing to do is run around the south east coast, sticking to it like your life depends on it (which it does) Untill fianaly rex becomes stuck and you can mage him safely without having you head caved in by his big ol' claw.

The following picture is where if you lure Rex from this position he will be able to find you.

Posted Image

Note: concerning this problem i will be including sometime in the near future screenshots of where you can run to etc.

CONCLUSION

And so concludes my wonderfully guide to Dagganoth Kings. If you have any questions concerning it please don't hesitate to pm me, and as always any feedback about how i can improve it its welcomed.

Note: I will be including more things into this guide..its at a very early stage, and will in the future include what to do if your wearing guthans etc.
Watch this space.

FAQ
If you have any questions to ask me, please dont hesitate to PM me on this.

Q) I seem to be losing my prayer very fast, why is this?
A) Because apart from draining you hp, the spinolyp (the little monsters in the water around you) also drain your prayer very slowley.

Q) Should i ever take mage pray off when im in the arena?
A) No, in my view there really is no point; as soon as you do another of the spinolyp are going to pop up and your just going to switch it back on.

Q) I have low amounts of hp and prayer left, should i risk killing another Rex?
A) I personly do, but thats because im an idiot.. If your new to this, then definatly dont.

Edited by yorkie, 07 May 2007 - 05:08 AM.

|| #NBK || Natural Born Killers Site || 105+ F2P for FA ~ 110+ to join. ||

#2 goldmoose

goldmoose

Posted 20 November 2006 - 01:16 PM

Nice guide, you should probably add the 2 safe spots for rex and what to do if you get supreme on you.  Supreme is really a pain if he starts to attack you  -_-

#3 sk8ing ten

sk8ing ten

• RS Name:t inny
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 20 November 2006 - 03:38 PM

nice guide
Is it possible to solo prime?
also have the drop percentages really decreased?
Posted Image

#4 yorkie

yorkie

• RS Name:Yorkie
  • Clan:NBK

Posted 20 November 2006 - 03:46 PM

yeah it is possible to solo prime, but your gunna need a suicider to go agaisnt the supreme like with rex..and i will be including all the pics of the safe spots soon :)

#5 obelix6

obelix6

• RS Name:obelix6
  • Clan:TRWF

Posted 20 November 2006 - 05:19 PM

very nice guide i do dk a lot when i am bored but i wear same outfit but:

1 barrowgloves are better then mystic
2 i wear 99 skill cape gifs same def as legend but also a little prayer bonus
3 i use fully charged granite shield because its got more range def then a granite

and as last more pictures would be better to make people understand more  -_-

#6 blahboi27

blahboi27

• RS Name:blahboi27

Posted 02 December 2006 - 01:18 PM

Great guide man! There are a few things you could add though:

Recommended stats, Guthans strategy, explain how to use sara brews + restore pots and when, and a map of the dungeon labeled with the spots you say to stand. (the pictures don't really show exactly where the spot is)
And I noticed you used 'your' a lot instead of 'you're'.

Other than those it is a great guide and helps loads.
My main - blahboi27
My Pure
- gweg 2 wo0l

#7 Golden

Golden

Dom - 125

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:45 PM

I thought you were going to dazzle me with some super technique to get past supreme and prime, nope just have a friend die for you  -_-

I thought the guide was pretty good, about how many rexxes can you kill with that inventory? and also you have mage pray on the ENTIRE time right?

My only suggestion is obby shield over granite. Lighter + strength bonus, identical stats. I wouldn't risk fury down there especially on a solo mission  :mellow:

Well written guide!

View Postlonelyguy101, on Dec 2 2006, 03:34 PM, said:

nice guide ima try this

edit: umm can i use torag i dont really like verac and the prayer bonus dont really matter to me

I would suggest using Verac over Torag for this inventory setup, it appears pray is the main strategy behind this one.

Edited by Golden, 09 December 2006 - 12:47 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
+Dom: #GKClan

#8 yorkie

yorkie

• RS Name:Yorkie
  • Clan:NBK

Posted 16 December 2006 - 08:59 AM

Fury is the best one to use as it gives very good def and prayer bonusus

And also use granite sheild because that too gives a better range def bonus than obby, as your main worrie is going to be the ranging spinolyp, not the mage ones

#9 anti-duck

anti-duck

S-Mod.

Posted 16 December 2006 - 05:39 PM

View Postobelix6, on Nov 21 2006, 01:15 AM, said:

3 i use fully charged granite shield because its got more range def then a granite

Fully charged granite shield = fully charged crystal shield??

#10 Offspringkid

Offspringkid

osk

• RS Name:Offspringkid
  • Clan:DI

Posted 19 December 2006 - 04:45 PM

Excellent guide. My only complaint is that on your pictures of the safe spots you don't show the minimap, so I'm not completely sure where they are. Are there any safe spots where the level 70 things don't hit you? Also, how many do you usually kill per trip? I just went and killed 7, is that good or bad?  :unsure:

#11 Uncle Remix

Uncle Remix

Throwing the Dice

• RS Name:killah bee69

Posted 19 December 2006 - 06:28 PM

View Postjezsus, on Nov 21 2006, 02:24 AM, said:

:-P You can no longer use the Rune Axe Special to knock down barricades  ^_^
omg really? yorkie can u explain how to do this then? :unsure:

View Postx Alex x, on Dec 2 2006, 08:00 PM, said:

cna u use torags instead coz of the def plus torag is cheaper than veracs.
veracs = high prayer bonus
prayer is the most important here, and i dont think that spinolyp is dangerous

by the way, if the drop has decreased
does it take a LONG while to get drop?

and why is everyone talking about guthans strategy? u cant distance fight with guthan?

Edited by Uncle Remix, 19 December 2006 - 06:31 PM.

"No one knows what he can do, untill he tries."

#12 Jokerfool359

Jokerfool359

• RS Status:Free

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:20 PM

Take guthans, then you only need3-4 saras and youll last way longer.
http://images.mike2k...s/2/rsccopy.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

#13 s0scenec0re

s0scenec0re

85/90 Str 5,165 Experiments left

• RS Name:Sister Ahrim

Posted 21 December 2006 - 06:07 PM

Great guide, Just a question though. I use guthans there right now that way I can keep my hp up. So in your opinion, would you rather use veracs there or guthans?

#14 Neolithent

Neolithent

Legendary

• RS Name:Neolithent
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 22 December 2006 - 09:57 PM

You can use the Rune Thrownaxe Spec on the door.

Neolithent (Level 125+11) | 99 Defence | Ex RSD PK Leader
Posted Image

#15 J40k

J40k

Spider-Pig

Posted 26 December 2006 - 09:43 AM

I think the rune throwing axe has a bug on it because if someone has trapped a monster in the 3 crystal doors bit the axe will not bounce off all the doors (happened to me) but if the space is clear the axe spec will still work(tested).

http://cursors1.tota.../monkey-ani.gif [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]
Monkey Cursor, All Day Every Day

#16 lucifier6

lucifier6

Posted 28 December 2006 - 01:15 AM

so does rune throwing axe still work?

and would u say its still worth going down there for the drops if u solo it?

#17 thranapurstr

thranapurstr

---

Posted 28 December 2006 - 11:06 AM

Nice guide.
Good
-You showed safe spots and way of throwing axes.
-sara brews+suepr restore pots are best

Should Change
-Insted of useing mystic gloves, wear barrow gloves. Barrow gloves gives more mage + with the added def of barrow gloveness.
-You should add the seggestion of Obby cape to what cape to wear.
-You should have people bring *telegrab* why telegrab? If the ranger atts you (happened alot soloing) you must kill it to get it of you ,so if it atts that means you must baiscly teleport.

#18 Fire_Ghoul1

Fire_Ghoul1

• RS Name:Fire_ghoul1

Posted 28 December 2006 - 08:18 PM

hey, i got a question, what are the stats recommended to solodagganoth rex?

#19 darkboy87

darkboy87

Art Of K0 KEN

Posted 03 January 2007 - 06:41 PM

View PostFire_Ghoul1, on Dec 28 2006, 07:14 PM, said:

hey, i got a question, what are the stats recommended to solodagganoth rex?
55 slayer

i hav 85 mage and 80 def and it works fine for me i kill about 15-20 per trip

#20 77cashmoney7

77cashmoney7

• RS Name:77cashmoney7

Posted 03 January 2007 - 06:50 PM

nice guide, i prefer doing it with full guthans and just healing on the stupid things around u all the time, that way u lose less food but w/e. good guide regardless
Sig removed - Yoeni.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: