3589 replies to this topic

#21 Mr Zoo

Mr Zoo

Herman's Hermits

• RS Name:Mr Zoo
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Wu-Tang

Posted 11 August 2003 - 05:45 PM

I remember the old RSC, before the hacking. I remember when I first joined, way back on the 20th of July in 2002. It was a great community back then. Everyone was so nice, and the board was a clean place, with virtually no SPAMers or flamers whatsoever.

I remember my first post. It was about W13, and how the people at his drop party treated him like total crap. I stuck up for him, and made a post about the arseholes that treated him that way.

I remember being a senior member, with only 500 posts. I was proud, and thought it was such an honor to be recognised by that. I had only a rating of 3 when I was promoted. I soon got my 4 rating, and posted as often and as well as I could. I put my blood and sweat into posting, and worked extremely hard.

I remember the first hacking. It wasn't too bad really, just a few people being deleted and all the posts being reset. I wasn't really affected much by it, but I knew a few of the members who were deleted.

I remember the second hacking....it was awfull. I was shocked and just disappointed that someone would stoop that low as in to hacking and destroying the beutiful community we built. In basic terms, it sucked.

I quit RSC after that for awhile. Well I have decided to put that behind me and move on. It's taken me a month to realise that I can move on, and re-build what I have lost. I am fully determined to do that.

~Mr Zoo~
http://www.lifeadelica.com

become a fan of me on facebook::::
http://www.facebook....112140395470469

runescape is sooooo 2003.

#22 Koppen

Koppen

• RS Name:IDK
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 12 August 2003 - 11:29 PM

Well, I do have rather fond memories at the old RSC.

I started of as a standard buying/selling member.  I bought and sold and never left the Marketplace.  Then once, the buying selling was being spammed up and I started to venture out.  My first stop was Suggestions, where I suggested Bone Certs, Robin's Hood hat, and I was flamed an instant by everyone because they said I ripped from an old suggestion.

After that, I slowly started to post better, and was took under Jamesb R's wong.

My best memory was probably first CL or Guides, then PotM May Runner Up, and thereafter I was promoted to SeMe.

Koppen
[ RSname Koppenknight ] [ Retired Honoured Member ]
[ FF11name Koppen ] [ Tarutaru 75BST 75WAR 75BRD  ]

Blackspy said:

<xAXISx> Hows everyone doing tonight?
* Koppen pokes Blackspy with a darkstick
<Blackspy> I was good till koppen poked meh
<Blackspy> Now my life sucks, i hate everything

#23 Dragonfli

Dragonfli

Rising.

• RS Name:Dragonfli

Posted 13 August 2003 - 09:09 AM

Let's see, I remember when I first found the Community and used it mainly for sales and trade.  I didn't mingle too much in the main forums, which is probably why most of you don't remember me.
I remember when Lime Mercury seemed like a cool guy.  I remember RS Global Radio and the INSANE amount of requests to be played.  But then I was offline for 2 months and when I returned, he was banned and RSGR was gone.  And it distresses me that whenever I ask someone what happened, they just say "it's a long story" and wont give me a straight answer. :-P
I wanna know.  He was a good friend to me.  What happened?

)''D''(
You know, with all the clicking and carpal tunnel, it's a wonder such moments of lunacy don't happen more often.
Posted Image

#24 Jack

Jack

Member from the Avid Gamers site. Original join date, Nov. 2001

• RS Name:jack 116

Posted 13 August 2003 - 04:39 PM

I remember back in the Avidgamers days. I guess I joined not long after Geniusdude, around Dec 01.

The community was very small then and 100% of the discussion was about RS, too. The topics were posted, and answered or discussed, with a passion that so often eludes this place these days. The group was altogether dedicated, both to the 'community' and RS. For example, I recall that we started working on gathering information for the Bestiary at that time.

I remember KM5 and I 'racing' to get to 85 mining. Frankly, he would have gone ahead of me if he hadn't turned aside from mining....I think we were both 79 mining at the time. He went on to greater heights at theiving then.

The site itself was rather plain compared to what it is now. Just about the same color scheme as you see at RuneScape Help now.

In Jan 02, the whole site was changed over to kinda what it's like today. I don't remember the technical name for it, ubb board or something. All of a sudden there were lots of easily viewed features that members never had before. The color scheme was different and I recall some discussions about getting the old "Gray" back.

With the new site, the membership started growing, fueled by massive drop parties and outright advertising while playing. We still had a core of great members and we weren't shy about announcing our involvement with the best RS fansite on the web.

More later...... :-P

#25 Modoc

Modoc

The Original

• RS Name:Filitov3

Posted 13 August 2003 - 10:11 PM

I remember racing xonk (aka neil) to 500 posts and to seme i got to 500 posts, he got to seme first :-P good times

^^^ everything jack said, I remember

I remember when w13 answerd every topic! O_O lol

btw, how bout that goblin nuclear war crisis?

#26 [I]vo

[I]vo

You had faith in the mods? Poor misguided fool...

• Clan:Druidz

Posted 14 August 2003 - 05:02 AM

I remember joining in September after a few weeks of reading stuff. I read almost all the boards and replied not so often :-P

I was looking up to some posters such as Thalador, Saqman, Lime Mercury, etc.
It was great back then, the community was smaller, not everything was discussed to death.
I also remember when W13 made it so that his name was in every topic at the bottom, people viewing this topic.
I thought he was following me, waiting for me to screw up. I also waited a good 20 minutes to see what he would reply to my topic with  :-P
Real fun times.

~Ivo

#27 Peyton

Peyton

Loved

Posted 14 August 2003 - 12:19 PM

LOL, I thought this was deleted but then I looked and it was sticked. Lol, my first post that was stickied. :-P

#28 Cecil DeLuna

Cecil DeLuna

Mom! The cat got into my drugs again! (restored.)

Posted 14 August 2003 - 07:35 PM

frozenone, on Aug 8 2003, 06:49 PM, said:

I saved a copy of my first post:

[email protected]/9/02 said:

hmmm wouldnt it b great it u cud use the examine command on arrows or runes or other stackable items and it wud tell u how many there were, ie '23 arrows with bronze heads', or '9546 gold coins'. i think it would make playing a little easier.

oh yeah and i'm a newb so i dunno whether this has been sugested b4.
Magna locked it because it was under 5 lines...  :-D
Ah well. The person I looked up to the most was Kleaver... pity he left.
You gotta be kidding me!  I just bruised my jaw on the floor!  I never would have expected that from you!  :-P :-P

Baby Daddy was a closed-minded fool.  His suggestions were okay, but he refused to let anyone give any form of constructive criticism.  Ah, but let us not forget he had no problem telling you exactly why he thinks is wrong with your idea, along with some additional baggage (oh, he doesn't like your sig.  You username is too long.  You used too many/few images.  You spelled this one word wrong, once. etc etc.)  He was a flamer and a board troll.

Uh, I just wanted to say that.  Now... to rationalize this post...

I joined Sept-Oct last year.  I became a SeMe quickly.  Was demoted in the mass demotion.  Got 5 ratings as a member, then was promoted to SeMe again.  Became a CL of PK Discussion.  Became a Mod.  Hackings ensued.  Asked to be demoted.

^ short.  uninteresting.

#DeLuna @ irc.speedis.org
happy birthday jesus i hope you like hotwheels
[40011/40000 taters]

#29 ""Petro""

""Petro""

Posted 15 August 2003 - 09:52 PM

Where to start, I've got both great and bad memories while being here at the Community. But of course, the great memories over-weigh the bad memories by far.

I remember the first day I joined, way back last July, on the 18th I think. Alman told me about the Community, after I met him in game. I met him in the game, then soon after he told me about the Community. When I got here, my first goal was to be a Senior Member, because W13 was only going to hold his drop parties for Senior Members+ because he got angry with all the flaming he got for numerous reasons. Lol that's a pretty pathetic reason of wanting to become a Senior Member. But I changed my ways. Then after being at Community for a couple of Months, struggeling to earn a Rating, I wenm straight from 0 - 2 Rating, Mr Duck gave them both to me, at the same time. He said that I really deserved them, because I was working very hard. Then that same day I got promoted to Senior Member. I was really excited once I got my promotion, I had a urge inside to become the best member that I can be. And still, I'm trying to do that same thing to this day.

I also remember giving Alman a helping hand in getting his promotion to Senior Member, the events of this are quite funny actually. The first day I got here, I was trying to help Alman get his promotion, so I PMed W13 telling him that Alman really deserved a promotion to Senior Member. Then after W13 PMed Alman saying that he wouldn't promote him because the magority of his Posts were in Off Topic, then W13 also said that he wouldn't promote him 'cause in Almans' profile [on Rsc], it said that he was happy or something like that. It was really funny, because someone edited his profile putting that, so he PMed W13 back explaining the whole 'happy' situation, and telling him that he could change both problems. Soon after, Alman was promoted to Senior Member, then soon after that he was promoted to CA, then to Community Leader, then all the Community Leaders got promoted to Moderators. He really shot up the 'Rank Ladder' quickly, but he deserved every one of those promotions. :-P By the way, Alman had like 300 - 400 Posts, and a 2, or 3 Rating when I joined.

[email protected]/9/02 said:

hmmm wouldnt it b great it u cud use the examine command on arrows or runes or other stackable items and it wud tell u how many there were, ie '23 arrows with bronze heads', or '9546 gold coins'. i think it would make playing a little easier.

oh yeah and i'm a newb so i dunno whether this has been sugested b4.

Lol I was just as bad when I first joined, so you weren't alone. Plus look around the Community, I'm sure you can find plenty of members that Post like that, which is quite sad. But after a while, I noticed that you needed good grammar, spelling, and punctuation to be good enough to get promoted, so I started to Post better, and better every Post. I'm still trying to make an effort of Posting well, I'm sure you can tell. :-P

A lot of good members and freinds left over the Months, Haldir, Gloibin, Gigapatele 77, Lime Mercury, Mr Duck, Lunar Knyght, and many more. But we had some good members return, like Kitemac, well that's all I can remember at the moment, but I'm sure there is more.

There's so many great memories I've got from the Community, so many awesome freinds I've made, and lucky enough, I don't think I've made any enemies which is always a good thing. :-D

The good ol' days of Runescape Community, oh well, time to concentrate on the present! :-D

- Petro

#30 Peyton

Peyton

Loved

Posted 15 August 2003 - 09:56 PM

I joined a month after 0blivion, exactly - not sure when that is though.

I had learned about it before but all I did was read it. Then I got the premium version of RuneScape, and needed to sell my fish. :-P

#31 Rocky

Rocky

iPengo.com

Posted 16 August 2003 - 12:53 AM

I FIRST Joined around late february....a month after rsc was converted from avidgamers to here. Ahh the good times :-D  My most memories were when I re-joined early April with "rocky". The suggestion board was all I visited :-P  I must have added thousands to the mod action count for that board. I continuously made suggestions throughout the year. I always aimed to be CL of that board y'know...but after over a year I never got it :-D . The best rank I achieved was CA, then I did something stupid & got down to SeMe. I was satisfied, and glad with my work throughout.

Now if Im to do well, iv gotta start alllllll over again... :-P

Rocky

(Greg)
[color="#8EADB9"][size=1]

#32 dargonman

dargonman

Im a Soldier

Posted 18 August 2003 - 07:14 PM

I remeber the Bam Sukka issue, sad but true :-P . He made himself-5 rating on purpous since he was a mod and he was just joking. I remember someone saying one of the mods lowered everyones rating to -5 and got everyone banned.(i remember someone saying this, not sure if it really happened). I remember getting -3 rating  :-P .

#33 XoNaR

XoNaR

mana

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 18 August 2003 - 07:22 PM

dargonman, on Aug 18 2003, 11:14 PM, said:

I remember someone saying one of the mods lowered everyones rating to -5 and got everyone banned.(i remember someone saying this, not sure if it really happened).
That was World 1 Host  :-P .

irc.rizon.net

#34 dargonman

dargonman

Im a Soldier

Posted 18 August 2003 - 07:26 PM

Xonar, on Aug 19 2003, 03:22 AM, said:

dargonman, on Aug 18 2003, 11:14 PM, said:

I remember someone saying one of the mods lowered everyones rating to -5 and got everyone banned.(i remember someone saying this, not sure if it really happened).
That was World 1 Host  :-P .
lol! that must've been really hilarious, lol did w13 remove his mod features and give em back some time later? :-P

#35 ""Gaza""

""Gaza""

Posted 19 August 2003 - 04:31 AM

I remember when I first joined in May 2002 -- I was below 1.5k members, half which posted openly and the other half who posted in particular boards such as clans, PK Discussion or Off Topic. You could practicly memorise the names of the mods and most of the active members. The Kings at that time were W13 and Sir Wild.

Then came the time I got a warning from [Something]87 (Can't remember the name) telling me not to bypass the censors in the sigs by putting tags between them. Of course, I declined to co-operate and then some SMod+ [Though I'm hinting it was W13 after I PM'ed him] changed my sig. After all that, I got my name changed after a -1 rating and it was going uphill all the way till I got a 3 rating a reached SeMe.

If you're wondering if I miss any members, yes, actually, though I hate to admit it, I do. After the Mercury incident, a lot of people whom I respected more than just an equal left. [Just for the record, I respect everybody like 'equals'.] Then came the time when I had to get off the boards due to the fact that I lost my internet connection due to family and social problems. So naturally, I asked an SMod to demote me [In this case, SG]. Now that it's been cleared up around a month ago, I come back to find that the Community has been hacked and my re-promotion is on pending [At least what Mystress said.]

But hey, I'll probably get my internet access in a month or two [At the most] and then I'll be back, just like the rest of you here. Heh, hope you're reading this ak0rn. :-P [He was is the person I always looked up to, most of the time]

Gaza [Lacking an avatar and a sig which ak0rn did for me...]

#36 Krazykat

Krazykat

sup

• Clan:#community

Posted 19 August 2003 - 07:36 AM

Gaza, on Aug 19 2003, 06:31 AM, said:

I remember when I first joined in May 2002 -- I was below 1.5k members, half which posted openly and the other half who posted in particular boards such as clans, PK Discussion or Off Topic. You could practicly memorise the names of the mods and most of the active members. The Kings at that time were W13 and Sir Wild.

Then came the time I got a warning from [Something]87 (Can't remember the name) telling me not to bypass the censors in the sigs by putting tags between them. Of course, I declined to co-operate and then some SMod+ [Though I'm hinting it was W13 after I PM'ed him] changed my sig. After all that, I got my name changed after a -1 rating and it was going uphill all the way till I got a 3 rating a reached SeMe.

If you're wondering if I miss any members, yes, actually, though I hate to admit it, I do. After the Mercury incident, a lot of people whom I respected more than just an equal left. [Just for the record, I respect everybody like 'equals'.] Then came the time when I had to get off the boards due to the fact that I lost my internet connection due to family and social problems. So naturally, I asked an SMod to demote me [In this case, SG]. Now that it's been cleared up around a month ago, I come back to find that the Community has been hacked and my re-promotion is on pending [At least what Mystress said.]

But hey, I'll probably get my internet access in a month or two [At the most] and then I'll be back, just like the rest of you here. Heh, hope you're reading this ak0rn. :-P [He was is the person I always looked up to, most of the time]

Gaza [Lacking an avatar and a sig which ak0rn did for me...]
Whats up ~CrAp~! Hahah I'm not to stupid..

Anyway my memory is Modoc's Yoda avatar.. And some stuff I said :-P

Slamajama said:

I'm go to a top 25 school in the US. If your not smart I don't see you since you don't go to class.
The RSC Braintrust, Skype Crew, Druidz and #communty strike again! We see all. We know all.

#37 Geniusdude

Geniusdude

• RS Name:Geniusdude

Posted 19 August 2003 - 07:46 AM

Geez, I knew that I was unnoticable, but dang. I seem to not have much influence as others. I seem to remember mostly everything or try, about important things that happened, but i never get into much do I?

~Geniusdude~

I always have and always will like Cuzza's sig/avy ever since he got it. LONG LIVE THE PENGUIN.

#38 ""fRODO111""

""fRODO111""

Posted 19 August 2003 - 07:49 AM

YEAH......good times, good times.....i remember when i got 1 rating....that was a good day...then RSC was hacked. >:-P grrrrr. blah blah blah explosion.

#39 ""griffyboy0""

""griffyboy0""

Posted 20 August 2003 - 07:05 PM

I first joined in march 2002, earmed 150 posts, and i have been addicted ever since...

I remember, when off topic was available to anybody to post in, then it became locked to anyone under 50 posts...

then pictures became like that...

god, my favorite fourm locked away from me...

then my parents walked in the room, saw someones sig, that upset them, and they banned me from being on rsc...

But other than that, it was great!

I cant wait to post my first flash movie, the chicken, and to start on the sequil!

But my idol here on rsc, would have to be Dodge 2K1.

His posts are of a moderate size, and to the point.

I strive to make my posts like his.

~griffyboy0~

#40 ""da dr4g0nz""

""da dr4g0nz""

Posted 22 August 2003 - 02:28 AM

frozenone, on Aug 9 2003, 04:49 AM, said:

The person I looked up to the most was Kleaver...
I remember Kleaver,he left just after I joined.

I remember going to his Birthday or something at Falador Mansion....
Great Fun! :-P
I wish all parties were like that.....
But....unfortunaly they're not..... :-P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: