Community Memories

• Please log in to reply
3589 replies to this topic

#1 Peyton

Peyton

Loved

• RS Status:Free

Posted 08 August 2003 - 12:55 AM

Sometimes you can't help but think back to the time when you were an uber-nube at RSC ( or maybe a little bit past that stage ).

Ah, the memories!

I remember one time handofyan and I were bored so we created a little setup. He carried all sorts of valuable stuff out into the wilderness and had me kill him. Then I posted the pic on zybez saying I killed him because he attacked me with low health...BAM....within 24 hours the post had more views than the stickies.

/me also remembers Sir Wild getting promoted and then I asked him to change my custom user title. :-P

I also remember the Senior Member whipe.

Those are just a few. :-P

Rash's Edit:
There have been multiple warnings on this thread already, and since it's all over the thread and may not be easy to locate ...
- Recent happenings do NOT constitute as a Community memory. Any post will be deleted, and the offender will receive warnings/rating deductions/suspensions.
- Do NOT mention any banned members. This is not the place for it. Offenders will receive the same as above.

Edited by Rash, 10 April 2009 - 02:01 PM.

#2 ""akaron""

""akaron""

Posted 08 August 2003 - 01:17 AM

Uhm, working in a clan that accomlished nothing.. I was working in there, not in the clan.

I remember being shy. Posting huge posts in suggestion. Though I hid my shyness with saying that I primarily help my allegience to NGR (a former runescape site.. former very good site, heh)

I remember being inspired by er, trunkswrath's signature post, which got to over 15 pages long I think. I remember being upgraded to a senior member with like 70 posts, lol. Got my friends pissed. Haha. I remember me thinking that it was a glitch.

The Karma system when it was inveted. Also, mystress and myself (didn't see who) getting 5 karma on the same day, which we were the first non mod to have that.

Hmm.. people freaking at me for refusing mod. Uhm, I remember alot of 0blivion. We were pretty good friends, especially after we were done with our mining expo going for 85 mining. He wasn't origionally in the competition, but he got promoted during the middle.

Uhm.. I won't go further than that, that was where my rs went downhill, lol. (after reaching 85 mining)

- S.D

#3 ""Limmy""

""Limmy""

Posted 08 August 2003 - 05:03 AM

Wow... wasn't that long ago too. Well, I joined in April...

Anyway, I remember trying to reply on every topic (still do  :-D ), but I'd write about 10 paragraphs at one point. Then I settled down and realized the extra stuff was very unneccissary and didn't make sense. So I took my writing down a bit to a couple of paragraphs, and I always try to make my posts make sense. Definitely.

But I remember StyIez and L2D were promoted... and they really did deserve it.

O ya! I remember first joining, what a blast. I was asking a question in GD  :-P ... I was a confused little kid. I used to spam... and then I figured out that I was spamming  :-P , because someone pmed me... I don't remember who but that guy changed my life.

I don't have many memories.

#4 ""Thalador""

""Thalador""

Posted 08 August 2003 - 07:42 AM

Lets see, I have such fond memories. I was promoted and demoted about a dozen times in total for trying to help. I was banned because I said something W13 didn't like. I spent tons of effort posting better than just about everyone and saw countless other people get promoted higher than I and leave because they had no interest or dedication to the community. Still, I do have fonder memories, such as busting my mule in suggestions, making at least 400 great posts. i was proud of them, yet I never got any praise. I remember all the add-ons, when almost all our mods were promoted, etc. I'm probably older than more than half of the people with higher ranks. I'm the immortal senior member, I've held the rank longer than anyone else on the community, and it has been over a year since I was first promoted to senior member.

I also remember Baby Daddy, possibly the greatest person I have ever met on the community. He isn't here anymore, seeing as all the moderators refused to promote him for the simple reason that he posted too much in suggestions. They made such a big deal out of it, constantly reminding him of the issue that he left.

-Thal-  :-P

#5 Punkrockerkid

Punkrockerkid

Quality

• RS Status:Free

Posted 08 August 2003 - 07:49 AM

Ah, old memories:

I remember when I joined, I instantly got hooked on suggestions board and never left it. I remeber Modoc getting 5k posts, I remeber Styiez getting promoted, I remeber my first mentor Raften :-P  There were so many memories, I cant name them all. Hopefully I will soon have more :-P

#6 ""Scavis""

""Scavis""

Posted 08 August 2003 - 07:58 AM

Konnhar, on Aug 8 2003, 08:55 AM, said:

Sometimes you can't help but think back to the time when you were an uber-nube at RSC ( or maybe a little bit past that stage ).

Ah, the memories!

I remember one time handofyan and I were bored so we created a little setup. He carried all sorts of valuable stuff out into the wilderness and had me kill him. Then I posted the pic on zybez saying I killed him because he attacked me with low health...BAM....within 24 hours the post had more views than the stickies.

/me also remembers Sir Wild getting promoted and then I asked him to change my custom user title. :-P

I also remember the Senior Member whipe.

Those are just a few. :-P
I remember when i was a noob under 50 posts. Heh, i got warnings for not make my posts bright colours... they said it seems to make it harder for people to read lol.

I remember before the Casanova Islands Suggestion came out, then that changed suggestions forever.

#7 Wizard Dwarf

Wizard Dwarf

• RS Status:Inactive

Posted 08 August 2003 - 09:14 AM

Ack. You wanna know how big of a newb I was here?

WizardDwarf back in September 2002 said:

Forum: Suggestions
Topic: Troll's Bridge Quest
--------------------
*You cross the bridge*
*You are under attack*
You just completed the Troll's Bridge Quest!
Pretty self-explanitory :-P

#8 Ziveeman

Ziveeman

• RS Name:Ledross
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 08 August 2003 - 09:56 AM

I remember posting a suggestion and someone hated it then everyone else you posted flamed him because it was good.

I remember getting my 1 rating before the wipe.

"Musashi's" birthday party and it turned out to be a fraud :D

*waiting for ipb1.2 to finish uploading*

~Ziveeman~
Posted Image

#9 Geniusdude

Geniusdude

• RS Name:Geniusdude

Posted 08 August 2003 - 10:04 AM

Um.....let's see.

I remember when we only had about 50-100 members on the Avidgamers site.

I remember when zybez.net because the official site for us.

I remember when the original 5 or 6 Smods where around at once.

I remember when Atomicfog got promoted and demoted from Senior Mod rank 3 times.

I remember with Iammattman got promtoed to King.

I remember when RSC only was about RUNESCAPE discussion.  Meanining, NO Off Topic. (No offense, but those were the best times in RSC history.)

I remember when post counts never mattered when getting to Senior Member and it was all based on respect and great posting.

These are only a few of the first things in RSC history.

~Geniusdude~

#10 Adrian

Adrian

• RS Name:Retired
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 08 August 2003 - 10:30 AM

1.I remember a mod that has no post.
2.My obsession with cheese, which I'm still obsessed with
3.Kabuki Dude's comics
4.Blue Dragon blood, yeah something like that
5.Smart and mature people
6.Mr.Jamez and matt watson, there's gotta be a flamer in every board
7.Having about 200 post and no rating :-P
8.My 3d version of FALADOR!  

Ahh the good days
Proud Former Community Leader of Pure Clan Discussion
http://img38.imagesh...000/dsosige.jpg [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

#11 Matchu

Matchu

Youngest of the Old

• Clan:Zchat

Posted 08 August 2003 - 10:43 AM

Thalador, on Aug 8 2003, 10:42 AM, said:

I also remember Baby Daddy, possibly the greatest person I have ever met on the community. He isn't here anymore, seeing as all the moderators refused to promote him for the simple reason that he posted too much in suggestions. They made such a big deal out of it, constantly reminding him of the issue that he left.
Him being an arrogant, conceieted twerp didn't help his cause. <_<

I remember almost every s/mod now being a CL of something or another.

I remember Iamthemattman getting King.
I remember Lunar being around and leaving.
I remember when the ranks were looked on with some sort of respect by all( <_< )

I'd post more but im really bored so i think I'll go find something to occupy my attention(ah! One more! I remember when every topic seemed new and exciting!)

Matchu

Posted Image
Original RSC Member Number: 1191.
Official Zybez Chat: ZChat - details here.
The river always finds the sea, so helplessly, like you find me.

#12 Guybrush

Guybrush

Stylin'

Posted 08 August 2003 - 10:47 AM

Thalador, on Aug 8 2003, 03:42 PM, said:

Lets see, I have such fond memories. I was promoted and demoted about a dozen times in total for trying to help. I was banned because I said something W13 didn't like. I spent tons of effort posting better than just about everyone and saw countless other people get promoted higher than I and leave because they had no interest or dedication to the community. Still, I do have fonder memories, such as busting my mule in suggestions, making at least 400 great posts. i was proud of them, yet I never got any praise. I remember all the add-ons, when almost all our mods were promoted, etc. I'm probably older than more than half of the people with higher ranks. I'm the immortal senior member, I've held the rank longer than anyone else on the community, and it has been over a year since I was first promoted to senior member.

-Thal-  :-P
Baby Daddy.. He was always polite, wrote awesomely good posts, and, if he'd been a little more widespread, could easily have became a Mod. Possible even an SMod.

Heh, I'm similar to Thal in that I'm a pretty old member, who stays at a certain rank a lot. Not amazingly old - I'm definetly younger than Thalador, Matchu, and the others who joined around that time. Joined in August, 2002, and had a pretty nice time... Jr Member, Member, Banned (  :-P ) Jr Member, member, SeMe, ( SEME WIPE! ) Member, SeMe, ( THE BIG WIPE! ) and to where I am now, Jr Member. Guess I won't advance anymore - I've lost my passion for the board and for RuneScape. But at least I have my memories  :-D
Sometimes I just wanna drive until the streets run out
I wanna burn until there's nothing left to burn about
This city's waiting for a better day
When I get back there will be hell to pay
If I'm the only one left here, I will not be afraid to fight!
I'm breaking out of here tonight!

#13 Xeophonix

Xeophonix

Oldskool.

• RS Name:0blivion

Posted 08 August 2003 - 10:53 AM

If i was to start typing them now, I would be here all night  :-P

The non-public memories are the best  :-P
//a.k.a 0blivion
//Former Senior Moderator

#14 ""Scavis""

""Scavis""

Posted 08 August 2003 - 11:36 AM

Geniusdude, on Aug 8 2003, 06:04 PM, said:

I remember when RSC only was about RUNESCAPE discussion.  Meanining, NO Off Topic. (No offense, but those were the best times in RSC history.)
Hmm, i dont quite date back that far, but sounds like those times would have been great.

Lol, i personally dont think we need an off-topic, but yeah... guess most people think we do..

#15 Geniusdude

Geniusdude

• RS Name:Geniusdude

Posted 08 August 2003 - 12:09 PM

I have been here since almost the start of RSC. I joined in November of 2001. And been Mod+ since January 2002. So I know a lot of what has happened over the years. LOL

#16 Tapman

Tapman

Legend in my spare time

Posted 09 August 2003 - 05:45 PM

wow, i can hardly remember my old days as a n00b in this awesome community. all of the people here have done so much and changed my views and opinions on Runescape players. i realized through this community that not all players are evil-minded scammers out to get your money, stuff, and password. i saw that some people actually are intelligent and have respect for their fellow players. anyway, i remember making huge posts on respect, and being addicted to the events forum, my downfall seemingly since post count isnt affected in there, and i never left it. i remember seeing the community mod's, seeing some as tyrants in their power and some as role-models for anyone. i remember not too long ago the enormous Zybez party that ended public drop parties for this community by warriorprinx forever, a very sad event indeed. i remember posting very quality filled posts, and getting no recognition, until that one day when i noticed it: my +1 rating! i got it before ir eached 100 posts, which i found very kool. i saw many people with no rating at all with hundreds of posts. i had always dreamed of becoming a moderator, a senior member, or even a community advisor if i could manage it. unfortunately these were and probably are still based on post count mainly, and i find it pretty sad. i come to this community every day and post, and i even stuck with it through 2 hacks now, and all i have ever gotten was a good comment or two in some different threads for points i have made or someone recognizing me in Runescape. i wish some people would start to notice me, i think i have been pretty patient in my waiting, and i'll continue waiting, maybe somebody will see the potential, the guts, and the commitment to this community that i'll get a rating or so, maybe even a prmotion if i'm lucky. owell, i'l keep doing my thing, peace out.
~}Tapman{~

THRIVE

Best Personality of 2006 and probably of all time*...

Yeah, I've probably been here longer than you. Yeah, that basically means that I am better than you. Not that big of a deal unless you make it one, feel free to pop into #community on irc.swiftirc.net if you'd like to object. ^_^

*-Excluding the obvious, Rusa/Hanzz and the like :)

#17 ""gandalf""

""gandalf""

Posted 09 August 2003 - 06:12 PM

I remember first joining under Seether.

My friend, Matt, had a RuneScape site and wanted me to help him rate a site called "zybez.net"

I rated it an 8/10 ( :-P ) and then I noticed it had a community.  I joined, eager to see what it was all about.

Someone I quickly learned to admire was Thalador.  He seemed to be something of an "Elder" of the community, and he had a really neat name.  :-P

When I first joined, I didn't even know that there were Kings.  Just Moderators and members.  :-P

I remember Kleaver.  He was awesome!  He was like to coolest guy on RSC.  He posted a lot in Suggestions, but some people flamed him for being somewhat of a loner-type.  Then he just quit.  I cried myself to sleep that night... :-D Just kidding.

I remember Cecil's promotion.  I was so happy for him. :lol:

Then StIeZ got his promotion which he deserved SO much!  He had like 2,000 posts and was still a Senior Member.  :-D

Lots of other things...I just can't remember them.   :-P

#18 Farmboy714

Farmboy714

Git teh 'ell off mah prop'teh!

Posted 10 August 2003 - 06:03 PM

Ah, reminisence. :-P

I remember the 10th or so post I made was a topic called  
:-D "I See Stupid People..." I had enjoyed reading stories on scammers and noobish behavior, especially when it came from high level players. So I made a topic especially for it, like a small book of stories to read in your spare time. It got up to 13,000 views and 400+ replies. Many replies were side splitting. :-P

Then came the inivision board update. Seeing as I was marked as "unregistered," and the option was removed, it was inevitably pushed off the boards. I was very proud of it, and still am.

I plan to revive it when the option is repaired. I eagerly await that day, as many people have decided to revive it without crediting me, and have failed.

I guess that's my fondest memory. I'm sorry that I have no recollections of any people. I'm sure there were plenty, but I'm not too good with that sort of thing. Sorry guys, whoever you are. :-D
Submit your stories/poems to The Archives!
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9022/lastnightsigpngshort.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]
One Cut, One Kill | Live and Die by the Sword | Never Surrender | The Way of the Warrior

#19 ""ex0dus""

""ex0dus""

Posted 11 August 2003 - 11:45 AM

the funniest thing (looking back at it now) that ever happened here was on the old avidgamers boards where someone broke in somehow and turned everything pink and other horribly bright colours. Wasnt funny at the time but i saw the funny side of if very shortly after.

Edited by ex0dus, 11 August 2003 - 11:45 AM.

#20 ""Aus99""

""Aus99""

Posted 11 August 2003 - 12:26 PM

I remember how much I liked it before all these fr00bs joined and annoyed the hell out of me.

Baby Daddy- He was pretty cool got pissed at me because I got promoted out of nowhere and also remember lots of posts about him becoming a smem (blue smems :)

Kleaver made a guide to everything that was funny :-P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: