We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Offline Messaging

• Please log in to reply
397 replies to this topic

#381 Hexx3D

Hexx3D

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:39 PM

I really like this idea! I've ran into the same problem before where I had something really important to tell a friend (like owing me 5m Posted Image) and unfortunately, they were offline.. Posted Image

So, you sir, have my support 100%. Posted Image

#382 Syam

Syam

idk

• RS Name:Servyn
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:20 AM

this is a great idea. i love it. really useful too
Posted Image

#383 Jdc

Jdc

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:03 AM

very nice idea! :-)

#384 XshinobizX

XshinobizX

ولاء ~ إخلاص

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:24 AM

It's funny because it's been over 4 years since this topic was posted, and we still don't have this update on RS (in which they should have implemented long ago knowing that leaving messages to players would increase in-game conversations & improve the gaming community itself).

Can someone suggest this on any Jagex Topic that asks for suggestions or something? Or has it been done countless of times already?

Posted Image
Posted ImageShinobi ~ DF for 7 years & counting. Posted Image
DF Forums ~ DF's IRC Chat

Posted Image

#385 Snipezz

Snipezz

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:01 AM

This idea would be amazing! Soo many people I never see online because of timezones but I wanna keep up with them. Jagex definitely needs to add this in! :yes:

#386 Sefket

Sefket

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:57 PM

Very nice, but one thing - wouldn't mass pming people affect the server big time?

#387 F4llen Princess

F4llen Princess

Forever scaping :)

• RS Name:F4llen xx
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:36 AM

Very nice, but one thing - wouldn't mass pming people affect the server big time?

I don't think it would. I wish there was something like this in rs, 100% support!
† "A modern scientist will find an arrowhead in a field and conclude that it was designed and created by an ancient man. Then he will find a fossil right next to it, a billion times more complex, and say it came from nothing. Only Christ could build a bridge to God with only two pieces of wood." †
Skill In Peace
Selling my purple phat to buy herby supplies for the bxpw. Willing to take anything over 900m at this point.
Always happy to help if I can :)

#388 zoth01

zoth01

• RS Name:crovaxx07
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:56 AM

I love this idea, but kind afraid of gold sellers spam 0o

I am everything I want to be, I am a Lucid Dreamer.

#389 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:26 AM

"You would be able to toggle Offline Messaging to "On/Friends/Off" just like the Public Chat, Private Chat and Trade/Compete filters on the bottom of the screen."
Problem solved. :-P Having a variety of friends who are on completely different timezones to myself, this would be an excellent way to communicate with them without having to share potentially sensitive information such as email addresses, Skype details, et al. Great concept. :thumbsup:

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#390 zoth01

zoth01

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:10 AM

"You would be able to toggle Offline Messaging to "On/Friends/Off" just like the Public Chat, Private Chat and Trade/Compete filters on the bottom of the screen."
Problem solved. :-P Having a variety of friends who are on completely different timezones to myself, this would be an excellent way to communicate with them without having to share potentially sensitive information such as email addresses, Skype details, et al. Great concept. :thumbsup:

Yes, but that would also stop a lot of non-spam mail. I suppose if we could insert guild on/off would be easier. Yup, that would solve the issue.

#391 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:24 AM

Eh I can see where you're coming from but I'd have thought that if you're not on the recipient's friends list to start off with - there's probably a good reason as to why he/she doesn't really want to get [a flood of] messages from you. But if someone forgot to add you having only met that day or whatever, one should be able to just drop them a line next time they're on anyway (which might simply be the next day).

Just my opinion though.

Edited by Murdoc, 12 February 2012 - 07:25 AM.

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#392 zoth01

zoth01

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:59 AM

Eh I can see where you're coming from but I'd have thought that if you're not on the recipient's friends list to start off with - there's probably a good reason as to why he/she doesn't really want to get [a flood of] messages from you. But if someone forgot to add you having only met that day or whatever, one should be able to just drop them a line next time they're on anyway (which might simply be the next day).

Oh no, doesn't have anything to do about that. I'm mainly talking about small pvm groups or groups for certain activities (for example BA). In many cases, people like this build a database (in a forum's topic for example) so they know who is interested on participating. Since adding every person to your friends list would be a mess, mailing them in one go would be extremely useful. But since technically they aren't your friend or your clan mate, you couldn't receive/send the message.

That's why I wanted to see group events on runescape. Much easier It would be much easier since the game has loads of pararel activities other than the ones your clan performs (if you're in a clan with specific activities that is). Hopefully if they implement this they will keep an eye to this particular subject.

Edited by zoth01, 12 February 2012 - 08:00 AM.

#393 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:32 AM

Oh no, doesn't have anything to do about that. I'm mainly talking about small pvm groups or groups for certain activities (for example BA). In many cases, people like this build a database (in a forum's topic for example) so they know who is interested on participating. Since adding every person to your friends list would be a mess, mailing them in one go would be extremely useful. But since technically they aren't your friend or your clan mate, you couldn't receive/send the message.

That's why I wanted to see group events on runescape. Much easier It would be much easier since the game has loads of pararel activities other than the ones your clan performs (if you're in a clan with specific activities that is). Hopefully if they implement this they will keep an eye to this particular subject.

Ah OK. Well in that case why not divide up incoming messages into two folders similar to how Hotmail and other online services deal with spam and junk mail? One from those you know ('friends'), thus are going to trust, and another titled like 'strangers' which you can sift through at your own peril/leisure to see if anything important has been missed.

Edited by Murdoc, 12 February 2012 - 10:33 AM.

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png

#394 brian01001

brian01001

Former Vent Mod RIP

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:00 PM

They could also do an idea where the person would only be able to send you an offline message by replying to one from you using the tab key. This would make it so they could only send you an offline message if the person that is appear offline initiates the convo. I think this would effectively prevent spam and still give people their privacy of having chat turned off/friends only. Using this method both the parties would be able to be offline, just one of them would have to come online to initiate the convo. :king:
Hate it Posted Image or love it Posted Image, I'm still #1.
Posted Image

Posted Image lmfao XD

We make our own monsters and they come back to haunt us.

《〠_〠》......here lies some suspicious link that you know deep down you want to click on.......

#395 Dark Fart

Dark Fart

• Clan:Ronin

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:53 AM

That would be pretty awesome if this actually happened.

#396 Long Live The Kings

Long Live The Kings

Lead the charge

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:31 AM

They never went through with it tho :(

Edited by Meow Swarms, 15 March 2012 - 06:31 AM.

Posted Image

#397 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:44 AM

They never went through with it tho :(

RuneScape isn't static, there's every chance that Jagex might implement something like this soon. Y'know JMods have been known to lurk around here in the past - and in fact Andrew Gower even had an RSC account! You can't ignore a good idea no matter where it's been posted. Just browse through the rest of the HoF and see how many of those threads have made it in. ;-)

Edited by Murdoc, 15 March 2012 - 07:51 AM.

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png

#398 Trickster_CB

Trickster_CB

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:48 AM

wow dude this looks really amazing and it's finally something helpful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: