Photo
- - - - -

Clan Hq's

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#1 Guardian CRD

Guardian CRD

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:25 PM

Ok, my entry for suggestion of the month is CLAN HEADQUARTERS.

Now, you may be asking, "What’s the point of this?" Let me answer. clan HQ's would be used for not only talking to other guild mates, but it would bring up another update, the CLAN BATTLES So let's begin with the suggestion.

Clan Headquarters

http://img278.echo.c...stionmap7lc.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

Here is what a Clan HQ might look like.

First of all, to get a clan headquarter, you would need to talk with the King of Varrock, Duke of Lumbridge, or King of Aradouge. The conversation would go like this.

You:  Why hello there *insert person who you are talking to here*
King or Duke:  Why hello there, what can I do for you?
Options:  
1) Can you tell me about clan headquarters?
2) Can I buy a clan headquarter?
3) How do I join a clan?
4) Can you tell me about clan ranks?
5) I would like to make a clan.
6) Nothing, thanks anyways.

The replies to the above responses.

1) Clan headquarters are a place for you and your clan only. you can hang out here and arrange clan battles. A clan headquarters only costs 500,000 cold coins. *End conversation*

2) You: I would like to buy a clan headquarter please

King or Duke: That will be 500,000 coins please

*You hand over 500,000 coins, the (person here) gives you a orange ring*

King or Duke:  Thank you, to get to your clan headquarter, all you have to do is rub the ring. Once a person joins your clan by you inviting them, they can talk to me to get a ring. *End conversation*

*Info about the ring. The clan teleportation rings will be equipped to a spot in your equipment slot. You cannot bank, drop, nor loose these rings. *End conversation*

3) King or Duke: The leader of the clan will send you an invite, which you must accept to join. *End conversation*

4) King or Duke:  With the new clan registration system, we can keep track of what clans are in the top 100. You increase your ranking by having clan wars with other clans. You must have a clan hall to get your rank up. *End conversation*

5) King or Duke:   To make a clan, I need a payment of 30,000 coins to enter you into our list.

*You hand over 30,000 coins*

King or Duke:   Now you must fill out the fields above on the game play screen, when your sure your done, click submit, and we will look over your application to make sure it's legit. You should know if your clan was approved in under 24 hours.

You:  Ok, thanks. *End conversation*

*What this does* This step allows JaGeX staff to check over applications and make sure the name is appropriate.

6) *End conversation*

Mainly, your clan headquarter would be about the size of 2 1/2 west Varrock banks, there would be a person to talk too who would arrange clan battles.

NOTE:  This is my first suggestion ever. CC is appreciated! =D

©Guardian CRD (Calvin S) 2005

Edited by No1 1000, 02 June 2005 - 09:13 PM.

Retired Moderator.

#2 Brian♥

Brian♥

• RS Name:quit
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:None
  • Team:None

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:42 PM

Great suggestion guard_ian (h). 500k is a lot though, 250k is more like it !

~ The one and only ~ :blink::whistle:
moved on

#3 Guardian CRD

Guardian CRD

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:55 PM

The reason why it's at 500K is to prevent the overuse of Clan Halls. 500k isn't really that much when you think about it though.
Retired Moderator.

#4 the-real-guthix

the-real-guthix

Community vampire

• RS Name:nick11400000
  • RS Status:Inactive

Posted 24 May 2005 - 01:53 AM

how about you first up buy a realy small area for 50k, then the bigger your clan gets, the more stuff/space you buy for the hq, therefor if your clan turnes out blam within a few days then you wont have wasted as much :whistle:

http://img151.images...rrsccopyvr0.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

'Vampire...' - Winner of the 2nd suggestion comp of 07. (big thanks to everyone who voted!)

"...You can keep trying to walk into the light..."
"...but it will just keep burning and blinding you untill you finally turn around..."
"...and see how long and dark your shadow has become..."
- Terry Prattchet -

#5 Mitchartz

Mitchartz

• RS Name:mitchartz
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 31 May 2005 - 08:50 PM

so whats the difference between the 500k fee and the 30k fee, does one just get u the name and the other the hq, so together it would be atleast 530k?

another question, how would you stop other people from taking clan names, someone could take the clan name Damage Inc. then try to sell the name, whats to stop someone from doing that?

Posted Image

#6 TitanTyrant

TitanTyrant

Posted 31 May 2005 - 10:49 PM

Where in RS can we find this Clan HQ??

#7 Supa Goku

Supa Goku

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:31 AM

You could also add that you have to have a password for the Clan you are in good idea

-Supa
I am neither a Christ nor a philanthropist. I am everything contrary to a Christ, and philanthropy seems worthless in comparison to what I believe in. I will fight with all the weapons within my reach rather than let myself be nailed to a cross or whatever - Che Guevara

#8 ""xX_Double Strike_Xx""

""xX_Double Strike_Xx""

Posted 01 June 2005 - 01:28 PM

Good idea, but I see a problem with this (sorry :whistle: ). I know there is a level 20 teleport limit in the wilderness, would this also contain the same teleport limit?

Allianator14 :blink:

Edited by xX_Double Strike_Xx, 10 July 2005 - 06:23 AM.

#9 Guardian CRD

Guardian CRD

Posted 01 June 2005 - 03:12 PM

Double, as you may or may not know, the wild has a level 20+ teleportation restriction. You couldn't use the ring in the wild above level 20. It's no diffrent than having teleport runes or another type of ring such as a ring of dueling, or a ring of life.
Retired Moderator.

#10 AkaJesus

AkaJesus

Posted 01 June 2005 - 04:08 PM

This is the best start to an official clan system I've seen. Too bad I didn't vote for it.... because you only talked about how to make an HQ. If you expand it, it may well become worthy of the Suggestions Hall of Fame.
Posted Image
[[In memory of Runescape 1, the original and ONLY true Runescape]]

#11 ""Anion""

""Anion""

Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:17 PM

What do some of the features of the Clan HQ do?

#12 pk_bluebeard

pk_bluebeard

King Uwugi

• RS Name:King Uwugi

Posted 03 June 2005 - 01:39 PM

I love the idea maybe it would be ftp aswell and i think you should get a small area for like 100k then expand to what you said the size was by expanding with 100k at a time 10/10 idea!
King Uwugi

Attack 65/70
Strength 65/70
Defense 55/70
Range 61/70
Magic 56/70
Slayer 51/85

#13 AkaJesus

AkaJesus

Posted 03 June 2005 - 08:32 PM

Gratz on sotm...

I noticed there's a bank in each HQ. That mean's you need to set some parameters over the usage of the clan teleportation ring. Obviously you don't want someone in the wild to use the ring as a means of escape without requiring magic or runes! Or as a free safety teleport. People would bring it to Kalphites, they could have extra inventory spaces because no runes required, but if they are about to die, they rub the ring and are tele'd to safety with an *extremely conveniently located bank*! Or even without the bank, you could still have other clanmates come and trade them your stuff, or even just drop it on the HQ floor and have teammates pick them up.

Also, the ring offers a way to enter, but how do you leave? Does the ring teleport back to where you were before you entered? To a certain place, such as Lumbridge? Or can you just exit out the door?
Posted Image

#14 Guardian CRD

Guardian CRD

Posted 03 June 2005 - 09:01 PM

I'm going to be updating this sometime this week with more specific details. Not to mention the new clan Vs. clan battle system.

Also Riseof, to exit, just rub the ring again and you will be teleported back to the last spot you were at.

Also, because people think it's unfair, I'm going to add that you have to merge the ring with law runes to get charges. So it does cost's 1 law rune for 1 charge. You can only store 10 charges on the ring also.

In response to Anion, you can just hang out in your Hq. There is also a drop party chest and a person who will sell alcoholic beverages. (Excluding Wizard mind bombs and dwarves stouts.) There will be a lever to pull that will do the items in the balloon thing. Your clan Hq's will also be the place to set up clan battles. I'll be adding that aspect of this suggestion later on this week.

To all those complaining about the price. The 500,000 is just to save server space. If your clan mates can't raise 500,000 coins, then just keep saving. =P
Retired Moderator.

#15 ""Hungryfreddi""

""Hungryfreddi""

Posted 04 June 2005 - 11:17 PM

This should really be added to the game, it is wicked

#16 AkaJesus

AkaJesus

Posted 05 June 2005 - 01:59 PM

So... I don't get it... will it allow you to tele in from the wild or not?
Posted Image

#17 WorstNameEver

WorstNameEver

Posted 06 June 2005 - 08:05 PM

My idea on the whole thing: Set it all up with jagex secure log-in on runescape.com, fill out an aplication with validation that you already have a clan of (lets say 15 active members, having more then 4 skills on the highscores list) and a clan website, this will "help" shield out the people just trying to take names to sell to other people

As for the prices of the clan base, i think atleast the leader should be a rs member, because they pay to get updates like these, also, if its a free clan then they should have limited space and members in their clan, i think if there is a price system they should have each member pay once they join that clan and the base gets a little bigger to accommodate the new size of players that will be in that area

As for the location: it could be something like the lost city where, normaly, you enter a empty shed, but when you have the ring with you, youll be teleported to the clan base

If you want to use any ideas of mine, just put a ty at the bottom of your post :) cuz i think this one will go pretty far

http://sigs.runeaddi...Aryan_Mage6.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]http://sigs.runeaddi...Aryan_Mage6.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

Do Not Suggest List said:

39. Bank Passwords/Combinations/PINs
Actually, having a code that you should enter to access your bank, whether via your keyboard or through an online keypad, wouldn't prevent hackings.

#18 Guardian CRD

Guardian CRD

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:14 PM

You can tele under level 20 wild. If your over level 20 wild, you can't. If your under telebock, you cannot teleport either.
Retired Moderator.

#19 ""bloodstopper""

""bloodstopper""

Posted 08 June 2005 - 01:06 AM

This could be one of the best suggestions I've ever heard. With the news that Jagex is doing something involving Player Owned Houses, that makes this suggestion closer to being realised!

However, technically, wouldn't the "drop party box" be considered as being an increase of available bank space? People could start their own clans with no-one in them and use the box for extra space. Just something to think about...

#20 ""Anion""

""Anion""

Posted 09 June 2005 - 12:04 PM

Items cannot be removed from the drop box after they are put inside.

Edited by Anion, 09 June 2005 - 12:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: