We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Tabbed Bank Window

• Please log in to reply
525 replies to this topic

#41 Beginner88

Beginner88

Posted 16 January 2005 - 07:37 AM

i think this is good, very good, sugestion hall of fame good, it will make peoples lives easier and alot eaiser to change from meling into mage gear.

well dont on this exelent idea, but you sould include a tab that you can put in amulets, rings and neckless. as well as quest items, when i started runescape 70% of my bank space was quest intem and it was realy annoying, i still have to carry around 2 map pieces because my bank is full, while im trying to get magic up to lev 33. its just annoying.

#42 Satan_Dragon

Satan_Dragon

Damian D

• RS Name:Damian D
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:RS Poison

Posted 16 January 2005 - 10:42 AM

love this idea,

yer there should be one for the quest items, but i think you could get away with mining crafting and smithing all together

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great idea! it would help me alot.(once i spent 30 min lookin for my rune axe)

Also, great pics

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Quest items would go in the "Other" category...

i think this is good, very good, sugestion hall of fame good, it will make peoples lives easier and alot eaiser to change from meling into mage gear.

well dont on this exelent idea, but you sould include a tab that you can put in amulets, rings and neckless. as well as quest items, when i started runescape 70% of my bank space was quest intem and it was realy annoying, i still have to carry around 2 map pieces because my bank is full, while im trying to get magic up to lev 33. its just annoying.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

again, quest items would go into the "other" category, and jewlery... maybe that would go with armour, maybe crafting or other too... not sure :yes: but yeah, this idea doesnt make the game easier in the sense that it makes it unfair or rediculous to level or anything :sad:

#43 McShieldSniper

McShieldSniper

honor virtutis praemium

• RS Name:stealthspy12
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 16 January 2005 - 03:21 PM

one thing that ppl havent said was essances...that would obviously go under magic and prayer of course...

and wouldnt it be hard to porgram auto-sort/deposit? there was a suggestion about it, saying that the computer can auto sort the item as you put it in bank..

`.
[Honored Member - Former Senior Moderator and co-Questions Leader]
[Poster of the Month September 2005]
[Never hesitate to private message me for anything]
[Formerly Super Duper Sexy Signature made by Phoenix Zero]
[No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. | -John Donne]

#44 ""Dessie""

""Dessie""

Posted 16 January 2005 - 03:46 PM

Defintely a gud idea, i hat having to sift through the bank just to find something stupid like a rune or a staff. Should be a definite update or theres something goin wrong with RS :sad:

#45 Satan_Dragon

Satan_Dragon

Damian D

Posted 16 January 2005 - 06:35 PM

Have you sent this suggestion to Jagex yet? You should if you havn't already.

~yayah 1

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, someone else has, you just cant use pictures in the Jagex fourms, so my idea is not very clear...

one thing that ppl havent said was essances...that would obviously go under magic and prayer of course...

and wouldnt it be hard to porgram auto-sort/deposit? there was a suggestion about it, saying that the computer can auto sort the item as you put it in bank..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes, essances would go under the runes page... yeah, it shouldnt be too hard to program, it would be a small update that makes a big differance...

#46 AjudaEu

AjudaEu

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 18 January 2005 - 12:32 AM

nice idea 1st time iv ever hears it
ya tabs would be cool i try and keep sections in my bank now its hard i end up buying multiples of everything just to keep the tspot so i dont have to keep organising like all of my talis have 2 in stock so ya tabs would be realy nice
i bet is jagex added them the total amojunt of space in the bank would be shortened so you still have the same amount of total slots i doubt jagex would give us all of that :sad:

#47 ""Pilliy""

""Pilliy""

Posted 18 January 2005 - 02:48 AM

Very good but the coding would take for ever cause every single item in the game would have to be changed and the banks would have to have all of those codes 8\10.

#48 MrIncoming

MrIncoming

• RS Status:Free

Posted 18 January 2005 - 03:38 PM

*agrees with SD that it wouldnt be hard to code*

You'd just alter the flag that makes strange boxes undepositable so rather than having a 0 or a 1 for bankable/unbankable, make it have like a 0 thru B(A=10, B=11 in hexdec) where 0=unbankable, 1=first slot, 2=2nd slot, etc up to A=last slot, and B=gold(as IMO gold should have its own thingie down at the bottom so you can always see how much you have). It really wouldn't be hard, even if Jagex doesn't use hexdec(I don't do java so I wouldn't know) but even if they dont, you can just assign 2 bytes to the slot location instead of one. It would be pretty easy to do...

#49 Satan_Dragon

Satan_Dragon

Damian D

Posted 20 January 2005 - 07:20 PM

*agrees with SD that it wouldnt be hard to code*

You'd just alter the flag that makes strange boxes undepositable so rather than having a 0 or a 1 for bankable/unbankable, make it have like a 0 thru B(A=10, B=11 in hexdec) where 0=unbankable, 1=first slot, 2=2nd slot, etc up to A=last slot, and B=gold(as IMO gold should have its own thingie down at the bottom so you can always see how much you have).  It really wouldn't be hard, even if Jagex doesn't use hexdec(I don't do java so I wouldn't know) but even if they dont, you can just assign 2 bytes to the slot location instead of one.  It would be pretty easy to do...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the indepth description, I knew it wouldnt be hard but I wasnt THAT Specific :sad:

#50 ""Phieta""

""Phieta""

Posted 23 January 2005 - 02:05 AM

Whoa... freaky o_0 I actually thought of this this morning and was going to post it. Ah well, now I know I'm not the only one who thinks we need it! :p A few things though:

1. The "space" issue can be resolved easily. It's simple really: the size limit stays the same as it is currently, but a counter (i.e. "113 / 250 items) is added to the bank screen.

2. I don't like the idea of predefined sorting. It wouldn't be all that difficult to code I assume, but it would take awhile to categorize each item. Instead, make configurable tabs. They don't even have to be nameable; simple numbers would do. Not only could it be implemented a whole lot faster (by a few days or even a week or two), but it would allow more customization.

3. How about being able to split items between tabs? Let's say I have 2k iron ores... I want 1k on one tab to be smithed, 250 on another tab so I remember to pay back a friend, and the other 750 on a third tab with items for an upcoming drop party. Don't know whether coding difficulty would be an issue (depending on how the code is already structured), but as far as using it, items would just be deposited on whatever rab is currently selected.

#51 Mud

Mud

• RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 23 January 2005 - 09:15 AM

Maybe There Wouldnt Be an Auto Deposit But when you Open your bank it starts on the Misc. Screen?
And then you can decide where you want things. For Me under armor id probably put dragon hide because i use it most.
You could click the tab then deposit the item? Or if you're in a rush deposit in the misc and do it later.

Best Suggestion ive seen!!
Mud

#52 ""Crimson""

""Crimson""

Posted 23 January 2005 - 11:38 AM

FUGGIN GOOD IDEA MATE.
10/10
cept, on f2p u cant see herblore and fletching bank tabs n such like they are hazed out or something.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Limproots and red eggs would be homeless if herblore was hazed out. Keep them there, just have them do nothing.

This is a good idea 10/10

#53 MAD92

MAD92

In the land of the killers, a sinners mind is a sanctum.

• RS Name:avirex 01

Posted 23 January 2005 - 12:39 PM

just have 1 catogry where u have em all together..and its the best idea ive seen :)

#54 Satan_Dragon

Satan_Dragon

Damian D

Posted 23 January 2005 - 12:40 PM

Whoa... freaky o_0 I actually thought of this this morning and was going to post it. Ah well, now I know I'm not the only one who thinks we need it! :p A few things though:

1. The "space" issue can be resolved easily. It's simple really: the size limit stays the same as it is currently, but a counter (i.e. "113 / 250 items) is added to the bank screen.

2. I don't like the idea of predefined sorting. It wouldn't be all that difficult to code I assume, but it would take awhile to categorize each item. Instead, make configurable tabs. They don't even have to be nameable; simple numbers would do. Not only could it be implemented a whole lot faster (by a few days or even a week or two), but it would allow more customization.

3. How about being able to split items between tabs? Let's say I have 2k iron ores... I want 1k on one tab to be smithed, 250 on another tab so I remember to pay back a friend, and the other 750 on a third tab with items for an upcoming drop party. Don't know whether coding difficulty would be an issue (depending on how the code is already structured), but as far as using it, items would just be deposited on whatever rab is currently selected.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's why I would have the option to auto sort or manual, and it shouldnt be hard to code, it would be the same putting another examine for every item, might take a little while but what coding wouldnt be hard.

Maybe There Wouldnt Be an Auto Deposit But when you Open your bank it starts on the Misc. Screen?
And then you can decide where you want things. For Me under armor id probably put dragon hide because i use it most.
You could click the tab then deposit the item? Or if you're in a rush deposit in the misc and do it later.

Best Suggestion ive seen!!
Mud

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes you would have a toggleable screen to auto / manual and then you

great idea m8 i give this idea a 10/10
i realy hope are bank be like that some day

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks

Limproots and red eggs would be homeless if herblore was hazed out. Keep them there, just have them do nothing.

This is a good idea 10/10

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah they would auto-depost in the "Other" category...

#55 Satan_Dragon

Satan_Dragon

Damian D

Posted 23 January 2005 - 12:50 PM

Yes that is exaclty what I was trying to accomplish

#56 ""Lord Wayandt""

""Lord Wayandt""

Posted 23 January 2005 - 09:41 PM

oh! another idea for this!

since a lot of people are saying noobs would complain (and i'm sure they would) i say you should make a tab that say 'all' or something like that, so you could view all your items at once. basically, it would benefit those that need the tabs, but if you like it the way it is, then this would be helpful too.

#57 Satan_Dragon

Satan_Dragon

Damian D

Posted 24 January 2005 - 01:09 PM

Nice idea. :sad:  I wonder if Jagex sees anyone's suggestionson this forum. It would be kinda pointless to post a suggestion if Jagex isnt even gonna look at it.
But rather than having the tallies in magic section they should have a rune crafting section with rune essence and tallies.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am making my own suggestion in the fourms right now...

oh!  another idea for this!

since a lot of people are saying noobs would complain (and i'm sure they would) i say you should make a tab that say 'all' or something like that, so you could view all your items at once.  basically, it would benefit those that need the tabs, but if you like it the way it is, then this would be helpful too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That defeats the purpose and would get confusing...

Wow Great idea and awesome pictures, You probably put in lots of effort in those pics

10/10

P.S - Again Awesome Idea

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you, I did it in ms paint because I am cool like that...

#58 ""immortal_leo""

""immortal_leo""

Posted 25 January 2005 - 10:39 AM

i like it perfect solution but the down side is that it would take the liesure and reason of people getting p2p bank space ya need to fix that other wise i think that this could go to the hall of fame.

#59 Satan_Dragon

Satan_Dragon

Damian D

Posted 25 January 2005 - 09:21 PM

Bank size would not change, you could still make a maximum total, and you could just not be able to depoit anything anywhere when that total is reached...

#60 Austinrut

Austinrut

Jayme

Posted 26 January 2005 - 03:37 PM

good idea...might i suggest a tab for "Quest items"
http://img296.echo.c...pixelsig4aq.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]
Formerly known as JaymeX
112 Combat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: