Zybez RuneScape Community was shut down on September 17th, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-12-01 at 02:23. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Join us on Discord, ZybezNet clan and Zchat friendchat.

We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

RuneScape Community

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 W13

W13

• Rating: < -5 | 5 | +5 >
  • RS Name:W13
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Zybez

Posted 10 September 2018 - 9:46 PM

As you know, these forums are closing and being set to 'read-only' mode. Many people are satisfied with an end like this, but for the many who don't want to say goodbye (to a forum like this), here's the next place to go:

RuneScape Community

https://runescapecommunity.com

(Hosted by yours truly)

Made to look and feel like a classic version of these forums back when they were called "RuneScape Community". Sometimes simplicity is beautiful:

QbwUom1.png

For those looking to remain in touch and don't care for the forum model, you're more than welcomed to drop into our Discord.

So there you have it. Now you have options so you can't complain :-) 

#2 Stl Arrow

Stl Arrow

War is not about who is right, Its about who is left

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Stl Arrow
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:32 PM

Thanks friend.

#3 Paul

Paul

Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:35 PM

Honestly, no. The staff is only going to be less involved within the community and with moderating the forums as visibly demonstrated the past 3 years. This has been a great community for the past 10-15 years, but just like anything else the torch should just be passed at some point. Honest opinion you shouldn't run a new site

Edited by Paul, 10 September 2018 - 11:39 PM.

bCM1Zs9.gif

0sj0La8.gif
Guv2mL5.gif

#4 Tova

Tova

Respect

Posted 11 September 2018 - 2:11 AM

People need to move on from the old way. This only promotes seclusion when its the exact opposite of what we need to do. I highly suggest people register on the new RSC but don't use it as a platform for discussing the clan world like we used to.  

We need to stop being a secluded community and find a way to merge in with the real runescape community. The clan world will be more sustainable when the audience of our fights are all of rs players. Let this way of clanning die and we can find a new one.

joz1Vos.gif

Cutthroat  Forums || Discord

#5 Wee Man

Wee Man

Чистой ненависти номер один

Posted 11 September 2018 - 2:29 AM

People need to move on from the old way. This only promotes seclusion when its the exact opposite of what we need to do. I highly suggest people register on the new RSC but don't use it as a platform for discussing the clan world like we used to.  

We need to stop being a secluded community and find a way to merge in with the real runescape community. The clan world will be more sustainable when the audience of our fights are all of rs players. Let this way of clanning die and we can find a new one.

I see it as a just another format for discussion for those that want it. We've (the clan scene) already begun utilising twitter, the subreddit is there for any clan to make use of (although Christy mentioned it's more for PKing in general than clans) and a forum just adds to that. I don't think it promotes seclusion at all.

Honestly, no. The staff is only going to be less involved within the community and with moderating the forums as visibly demonstrated the past 3 years. This has been a great community for the past 10-15 years, but just like anything else the torch should just be passed at some point. Honest opinion you shouldn't run a new site

A lot of people expressed an interest in keeping the site going and this is just a response to that imo. If people don't wish to use it no one's forcing them to but it's there for the people that do.

A2xdnTr.png

X2LvGU2.png

#6 Smile4RS

Smile4RS

Oh So Swavey

Posted 11 September 2018 - 8:33 AM

**** new ways (twitter, CT reddit lol)

let the forums live!

pUuB13d.png

QiL820W.png

Spoiler

#7 Gintoki

Gintoki

• Rating: < -5 | 2 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Bentoki
  • Clan:Afrobros
  • Team:zchat

Posted 11 September 2018 - 10:27 AM

I dunno I just feel like staff involvement is proportionate to community activity. For instance I held an event a couple months ago, and literally nobody signed up for it. It's not like there is a torch to pass on, people will go where there is discussion and people have tended to gravitate over to reddit and discord for now. There is still a remaining interest in the old forum format as evidenced my the amount of people that asked for something moving forward. At the very least it doesn't hurt anyone lol

xD4B8ER.png

#8 Jack

Jack

★★★★★

Posted 11 September 2018 - 2:39 PM

very good of you to host another website considering the circumstances
LAYu8mJ.png MQeijsF.png
Cj11o9Y.gif

#9 Jimmy42069

Jimmy42069

Posted 11 September 2018 - 3:11 PM

radical dude im registering ASAP

No forum leaking - Mods

Suck my nuts - Jimmy

#10 Nullusion

Nullusion

Fashion Nugget

Posted 11 September 2018 - 6:47 PM

:thumbsup:

uEoiIpc.png

#11 Adenina

Adenina

SHOOK

Posted 11 September 2018 - 11:51 PM

If the staff will remain the same I don't see the point

Also, for some reason took 1-2 minutes to load, zybez and other sites take 1-2 secs

raIa1f7.gif

LjigRh2.png

eNo5cdA.gif

YVfqWHM.gif

WfGO3en.png

17Ku6OX.png

There is nobody so irritating as somebody with more intelligence and more sense than we have

#12 Trainer Red

Trainer Red

The Incorruptible Future Moderator of Clan Discussion/Fights

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Team:Fat Tony

Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:57 AM

sure, I got u w13!

have you ensured that people can't hide ip grabbers in sigs etc already?

Edited by Trainer Red, 12 September 2018 - 1:00 AM.

Holder of Longest F2P Geared Fight Record [Winner] 

Holder of Longest P2P Rag Fight Record [Winner]

4000+ Positive Rating Club on Runescape Community

Holder of most swipped on tinder 2009. 2010. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015, 2017

Greatest bolt ragger the clan world has ever seen
Best Canadian scaper 2008-2017

Purchased Falador Castle and Bridge 2018 

#13 Lavigne

Lavigne

• RS Name:Wonder Woman

Posted 12 September 2018 - 2:00 AM

Registered with same name.

Much love guys.

KrPODlD.png

xuLlzzs.png

Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllll

#14 Wee Man

Wee Man

Чистой ненависти номер один

Posted 12 September 2018 - 2:36 AM

If the staff will remain the same I don't see the point

Also, for some reason took 1-2 minutes to load, zybez and other sites take 1-2 secs

Staff haven't been set up yet but I can tell you there's a lot of current staff who aren't interested in moderating a new forum. The load time issue seems to be on your end, it loads in less than 2 seconds for me.

A2xdnTr.png

X2LvGU2.png

#15 Kelly

Kelly

*Dalek voice* Exterminate!

• RS Name:i Kelly
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 12 September 2018 - 5:50 AM

Glad to see it'll still continue in a way. I've already signed up. Do you think you'll be adding a dark or mid-toned theme? I'm 95% sure the theme you've got in use now has a mid/dark one available.

Zybez concluding is still relatively surreal. Not so much because it ending is unexpected, but more-so that it's been a part of my life to some degree for so long now that I've taken it for granted. Good to see a forum will still continue on :)

Posted Image

[My Goals & Achievements Thread] - [Ex-Zybez Maintenance Crew] - [Ex-Zybez DJ]

~~ Join Zybez's in-game friends chat: "Zchat" ~~

Posted Image

#16 W13

W13

• Rating: < -5 | 5 | +5 >
  • RS Name:W13
  • Clan:Zybez

Posted 12 September 2018 - 7:52 AM

sure, I got u w13!

have you ensured that people can't hide ip grabbers in sigs etc already?

Security is important. And that's something that I'll be keeping in mind going forward. If somebody really wants to grab your IP, they often can with things like access logs from remotely hosted avatars, pics, sigs, etc. If you're worried about your IP address and you're somebody who is likely to be targeted, I highly recommend using a VPN.

The new site is using HTTPS, so it's already safer than Zybez in that regard. Of course, there are many other things on the wishlist: using better encryption for the password hashes, blocking remotely loading pics, etc, and hiding IP addresses from moderators (currently there are no moderators anyways).

#17 Ninjasteak

Ninjasteak

ʕ༼◕ ౪ ◕✿༽ʔ

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:11 AM

It lives! I guess you couldn't pass up the chance for your baby to live longer... 

It's going to have a different atmosphere - I see it as a place for more casual discussion. Like Kelly, I'm definitely looking forward to a dark theme.

ej7Gt3j.png?1J6DOj1k.png?17UHJ5hb.png?1 AGLrJYT.png?1ej7Gt3j.png?1

Achievements, Questions, & Competition Staff • Zchat Team • ZybezNet Team Leader

Global Moderator

kRV29fz.png

#18 ToeJam

ToeJam

Finger Picking Good

• Rating: < -5 | 3 | +5 >
  • RS Name:ToeJam

Posted 12 September 2018 - 1:44 PM

To  be fair, I could not care less if this extention of what was is embraced or (probably) not by the clanning community. I've enjoyed this site for the friends made and topics created on issues that are often off topic: there have been some brilliant discussions from talented members (not claiming to be one) that really grabbed my attention and therefore love for the site. Perhaps that will be the case again, perhaps not... but I'm pleased the chance has been put in place.

bOT8c.png

3t0hHkC.png

#19 Nodari

Nodari

LFC Club

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Free
  • Clan:Violent Resolution

Posted 12 September 2018 - 2:31 PM

Damn sad to hear. I am actually gonna miss this boards, even though it was not been as active over past few years. 

Best of luck to all of you, it has been fun few years.! 

Posted Image

"Love Liverpool, Hate United"

Violent Resolution Since day 1 And Still Counting

#20 EstherNightingale

EstherNightingale

Posted 12 September 2018 - 2:57 PM

yey another place for adenina to look stupid

MDTbMq6.png

Shrine to the best non biased RSC Mods keeping the community clean and safe from various individuals

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: