Zybez RuneScape Community was shut down on September 17th, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-12-01 at 02:23. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Join us on Discord, ZybezNet clan and Zchat friendchat.

We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

Remembering 17 years of Zybez

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 No1

No1

Disaster Control Ward

• Rating: < -5 | 5 | +5 >
  • RS Name:lNo1
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:ZybezNet

Posted 15 August 2018 - 5:43 PM

If you haven't seen the announcement, best start here: http://forums.zybez....t-post-the-end/

Last call for memories. This is your chance to say goodbyes, share memories, swap information, etc.

Anything posted will be part of the archived site, and stay online as long as the site itself.

What's your earliest memory of Zybez?

What did Zybez or the community mean to you?

What did you enjoy most?

"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and
naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."

- Douglas Adams (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

#2 Pheonix1099

Pheonix1099

• Rating: < -5 | -1 | +5 >
  • RS Name:pheonix1099
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 15 August 2018 - 5:44 PM

np for clan discussion ppl carrying these forums

2.4m + posts 44k+ topics

Edited by Pheonix1099, 15 August 2018 - 5:45 PM.

53BYxRx.png wE3ljd3.png      HpSOmbx.png     5xsyE2K.png

#3 Wee Man

Wee Man

Чистой ненависти номер один

Posted 15 August 2018 - 5:49 PM

Posting a ban appeal in the Ventrilo section back in 2008 which was why I registered in the first place.

After I got involved with the PvP community this was the place to come and see the drama, the beef, the banter and everything in between. It's been great fun getting to know a massive amount of different people from all kinds of different backgrounds enjoying the greatest part of Runescape which, for me, is hands down PvP. It'll be sad to see it go.

What did you enjoy most?

Telling Jack that I killed his awful clan :#

A2xdnTr.png

X2LvGU2.png

#4 Manga

Manga

Protagonist

Posted 15 August 2018 - 6:11 PM

I followed Kod Flame from my RuneHQ days to attend a drop party, it may have been the Unseen's party. This was way back in 2006. I never left.

Zybez did a lot to help me grow, the people I met along the way, the things I learned, the opportunities I was allowed. I can't state in words the meaning of Zybez to me. It means more than most everything else I have been a part of.

What did you enjoy most?

The peak of General Discussion, they were all long form posts going way to deep about RuneScape. It would gather well read and articulated replies. It was probably the highest valued place of discussion I have ever found regarding RuneScape.

2nrn3g9.png 7cNTC8v.png

#5 Rashy

Rashy

• RS Name:Rashdan
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 15 August 2018 - 6:14 PM

Earliest memory: joining the content team before the item database was created. Content creation became so much easier after the site was re-designed to accommodate it back in ... 2006 or so? I remember working very closely with Ben and TheExtremist back then. Fun times. 

Enjoyed the most: being a radio DJ. Trolling listeners with quirky songs was a blast. 

#6 Bow

Bow

Posted 15 August 2018 - 6:21 PM

Krystal convincing me to make a achievements thread with Kyle/Scythe and getting hooked on posting more regularly and with purpose.  Thanks for what it all became.  

For a lot of years it meant a set of standards for clans and sort of set up the expectations that clans were to strive for, ie posting rights, honor, pride, legitimacy, dominance, etc.  Later on the community became more of an appeal with zchat, the price guide, and then just conversations as the average user got older and matured up a bit.  

What did you enjoy most?

Having debates over clans and their actions and all of that.  Having an argument back and forth arguing about the randomness and sometimes dumbest things was forever entertaining.  Of course moderating always had its perks too but definitely the discussions.  

Senior Moderator for Zybez Forums

Leader of RuneScape Dinasty

RSD - Joined: 03-10-06; Closed: 01-23-13 ]

#7 Redshift

Redshift

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Blueshift

Posted 15 August 2018 - 6:40 PM

Wow. I haven't been around on Zybez for many years now, but this is still sad to see. This was a sort of home to me growing up and so well enhanced my time playing the game I've loved most.

It was a good run. So long, everyone.

Posting in Single Achievements about almost having 1M woodcutting exp as a "clever" way of celebrating getting level 73

It was a place where I could discuss Runescape, of course, but more importantly, it was a place where I could discuss anything else with people who were here because they too enjoyed Runescape. It was the first time I felt like I was a part of a community brought together over some common interest.

What did you enjoy most?

I followed so many achievement threads and loved celebrating accomplishments big and small. They were great motivators to pursue my own in-game goals. There were a lot of regulars who I became sort of friends with which fostered an even better sense of belonging to a community.

Edited by Redshift, 15 August 2018 - 7:00 PM.

"Far more marvelous is the truth than any artists of the past imagined it.

Why do the poets of the present not speak of it?"

-Richard Feynman

#8 Yoda

Yoda

Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.

Posted 15 August 2018 - 8:23 PM

I think I first remember using zybez to complete some f2p quests.

My favorite thing was getting into a heated discussion over clan politics with other clan leadership. I met some great friends and highly intelligent people this way.
Posted Image
Think before you speak.

#9 Cypher

Cypher

| (• ◡•)|

• Rating: < -5 | 3 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Cypherex

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:56 PM

The very first time I logged into Zybez was to promote a recruitment topic for a clan I was in. I was then inactive for a few years before I came back and started posting to be part of the community itself rather than just to promote a clan.

For the years that I was active here, I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of a community of people who all enjoyed the same game as me. I started posting more actively here after I left the clan world and Zybez gave me the sense of community I was looking for once my clanning days were done. I will always remember the interactions I had here and the fun discussions I've shared with you all.

What did you enjoy most?
My favorite part of the experience was my time spent giving back to the community as a community leader. I ran a few competitions in my time and I enjoyed seeing people participate in those. 

Farewell Zybez. You'll always be my favorite RuneScape forum.

Edited by Cypher, 15 August 2018 - 10:56 PM.

Posted Image

#10 Sofox

Sofox

Just Keep Hitting It

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Yo Face Nate

Posted 15 August 2018 - 11:14 PM

Zybez Radio will always be a part of me. I loved being a DJ, talking about RS, and taking song requests.

Working as a content crew member for Zybez was always fun. I enjoyed writing content, gathering assets for the website, and helping Jeremy with PHP code. Zybez is the reason why I went into computer science.

Thank you all for everything <4
Down for getting dark 'cause the dark gets me
and all the other lovers make it so heavy.
Takes a little emptiness to feel complete
when crowds come ever-thicker and liquor it comes free.

#11 KingTheGreat

KingTheGreat

=The Grim Reaper=

Posted 15 August 2018 - 11:17 PM

Bad mouthing AC kids after I left Anonymous Community and getting my first warning lmao

It brought me into the clanning world and the whole beef/interaction of it was the best. I'm still saddened by the fact that it is being shut down.

What did you enjoy most?

Getting access into the UN and being able to talk to clan leaders and bring out suggestions for the clanning scene and for Zybez.

☠Reapers of Runescape: Forums Twitter Youtube

Posted Image

☠☠☠Founder of Reapers of Runescape: Twitter Twitch

#12 Puppet Master

Puppet Master

Mastermind

Posted 15 August 2018 - 11:42 PM

cya later guys.

zgIaPKO.gif

Avalon ~ Home of the Rune Pure & Tank community & #1 Rune Pure + Tank + Med Clanrs-avalon.com 

Clans Closed:

mediocre mains 2/11/2018

​Empire 4/7/2018

Oppression 4/13/18

​Turmoil 7/29/18

#13 W13

W13

• RS Name:W13
  • Clan:Zybez

Posted 16 August 2018 - 12:37 AM

One of my fondest and earliest memories is organizing huge server-crashing drop parties way back in the early days (2001~2003). I was pretty rich in RuneScape and used drop parties for promoting Zybez. Jagex weren't too happy to see thousands of people shouting, "zybez zybez zybez" but for us taking part in the cluster-fux, it was thrilling. I remember even in those days, we'd get around 200 new members registering on our forums within a few hours thanks to such parties. Effective and fun.

For me, Zybez (and RuneScape) was the perfect escape. My life has had lots of ups and downs (... actually, more downs than ups), and Zybez was there throughout.

I remember there was a dark time in my life when I was hurt/bleeding (crazy gf stabbed me), tears in eyes, exhausted, poor and in debt, totally alone in life (crazy gf had cut me off from everybody), losing my job (where I worked 12+ hrs a day for half min wage), stressed out with court dates/probation/community service, driving license suspended for 3 years, and was being evicted from the basement jail-cell-like apartment -- all this was happening at ONE point in time, all at once -- and what did I do? Logged into Rs and celebrated my birthday in style (... coincidentally it was my birthday) and then got on Zybez to share the screenshots. A storm could be raging in my life, but the moment I logged on, I was a different person in a different world. I really credit Zybez and RuneScape for keeping me sane and helping me get through all those tough times.

I played RuneScape so much that I often had dreams that entirely took place in RuneScape. So, Zybez and RSC (this community) was my social circle (... I didn't have many IRL friends) and it was a place where I could feel important, admired, and purposeful. Zybez, RSC, and RuneScape meant a lot more to me than even I'd like to admit. You can even say it has been the most important part of my life.

What did you enjoy most?

The thing that gave me the most gratification was making something that many people found useful. So, I enjoyed coding things like the calculators (... that's right, Zybez was the first) and the price database (... again, we had this before RuneScape.com). The very first version of Zybez was actually made in a WYISWYG editor called Microsoft Frontpage. I had very basic knowledge of HTML, Javascript, C++, Pascal, and PERL then, but thanks to Zybez, I was able to really delve deep into PHP, mySQL, etc. and learned A LOT. In retrospect, there are a million things I'd have done differently, wanted to do, or not done -- but it's always easier to look back and judge yourself. It's a lot different when you're in it. So yes, I wish I could have done more: turned Zybez into a Wiki-powered site, embedded voice-chat into our downloadable client (Rs Toolkit), embraced mobile, and executed more of my ideas for clans. But, I wasted too much time actually playing RuneScape. So, that answers the question for what I enjoyed the most... I guess it was just 'scaping.

#14 Kylet

Kylet

Posted 16 August 2018 - 12:57 AM

I’ve been around this site for 13 years and have checked it almost daily. Bittersweet day for me.

Jaja's head RSC ambassador. 

#15 Zq50

Zq50

♕ Zq50 ♕

• Rating: < -5 | 2 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Zq50
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Exodus
  • Team:Silent Ember

Posted 16 August 2018 - 1:25 AM

What's your earliest memory of Zybez?]
Not being able to post on forums after making an account and forgetting my password when I was like 15 >.>
It was always a good place to talk about clan world. Very sick.
What did you enjoy most?
The flaming/trolling kept it interesting.
Posted Image

#16 Yorick

Yorick

Never too late

• RS Name:Yorick
  • Clan:Team Paradox

Posted 16 August 2018 - 3:16 AM

At first when I started clanning I joined 2mighty4you which was a Dutch clan that was ranked around position #15-20 for the RAW list in Clan Discussion over here. There also was a Dutch kind of Zybez, named Lunagang and that's where we used to post our recaps and so on. The many tournaments held by CD staff, the RAW list and so on made us all move over.

More than I ever though, from a troll to becoming a global moderator. Honestly the friendships I've made here with some people are things I won't forget. Especially the people I had the honor to work with in CD staff. Late night Skype conversations and so on!

What did you enjoy most?
Debating in Clan Discussion, moderating Clan Fights and in general just take a look at all the sections and lurk around. General Discussion, Achievements and so on. 

Thanks for the memories, had a blast.

5lBq1pJ.gif

Former Global Moderator - Former Leader of Team Paradox

#17 Sector Six

Sector Six
  • Rating: < -5 | 4 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Sector Six

Posted 16 August 2018 - 3:19 AM

The first thing that comes to mind is people in game bypassing the chat filter to even say Zybez in game since it was banned for so so many years.

I originally started using the site for quest guides and general information about the game, there were a handful of other fan / guide sites at the time but I ended up making Zybez my go to website as I considered the content to be a lot higher quality than other sites at the time. Years went by before actually deciding to make an account to post on the forum side of the site, my first posts are probably questions about the game back when I was still learning and much younger than I am now, that and the guides / tips section were my most frequented early on.

Progressing from a young inexperienced RuneScape player to becoming a staff member and leader of two boards was a ride which I wont forget. I learnt a lot and matured a lot as I aged but also through my dealings with the members & staff of this community alike. The growing responsibility of being a staff member brought me into contact with people who I may have never met or spoken with and its this diversity which made Zybez & this community what it is. I made friendships, learnt skills which are exchangeable in the real world and overall felt like I was a part of something positive for everyone involved, whether it was simply for information on RuneScape as a game or even just being apart of a community of like minded and friendly people. 

What did you enjoy most?

- Meeting like minded people within the community

- Debating with others in General Discussion

- The consistent banter in Clan Discussion

- Our haven of amazing and wonderful Achievements threads

- Making graphics for the yearly awards and various other things around the site

- Being apart of the content team and giving back to a site that helped me alot in my early days of the game

Edited by Sector Six, 16 August 2018 - 3:20 AM.

Honored Member

ex AOTM/ASC Leader x ex Achievements Leader x ex Multimedia & Design Leader

Catch me & the rest of the community on Zybez Discord
CyyN3eN.png

#18 Jokuyrtti1

Jokuyrtti1

Jokuyurt, Jokuyrtti1, Stuffi95 or whatever u like to call me...

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Jokuyurt
  • Clan:Wild Might

Posted 16 August 2018 - 3:47 AM

Arguing with angry people was very enjoyable.

Jokuyrtti1

| Team Trinity Elite Troll | Revolt Ending Leader | Renegades Elite | Wild Might Member Martians King Martian Seals Member |

ArAgazv.gif

Teams: Revolt Ending Leader (15 - 18) | Clan Europe Advisor (15 - 18) Elusive Member (17) | Team Trinity Member (18 - Present) | Martians King Martian (ALWAYS AND FOREVER) | Team Alpha Member (18) | Seals Member (18 - Present) |

Clans: Team Lettuce Captain  (14 - 15) | Crazed Pkers Retired Warlord  (16 -  Present) | New Blood Member (16) | Future of Old Style Senior (16 - 17) | Downfall Member (17) Impact Member (17) The Rising Templar (17 - 18) | Wild Might Member (18 - Present) | Renegades Elite (18 - Present) |

Spoiler

#19 Icedrop

Icedrop

Posted 16 August 2018 - 7:42 AM

I signed up in 2005.  Around that time Zybez quickly grew to become the 'go to' place to post about clans and clan fights/wars.

It came to mean quite a lot.  Originally I signed up just to post some "pk run in" and war/mini-war victories.  I ended up racking up thousands of posts, becoming a member of Zybez staff for over half a decade and according to my profile spending over 40 days online here.  It was good to be a part of the team running/maintaining the clan section of Zybez during some of the peak clanning years.  Looking back, I think I actually learned quite a lot from the experience.

What did you enjoy most?

The heated arguments and debates in the Clan Discussion and Clan Fights sections.  After a big fight or war the squabbles that followed were often almost as fun as the fights themselves.  

Thank you to everybody involved for the good times.

==ice==

Former RSD Leader

#20 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

• RS Name:Mew Lp
  • Clan:Cu Clux
  • Team:Rocket

Posted 16 August 2018 - 9:35 AM

In the time it would take to tell you about my earliest memory of Zybez, what it and the community meant to me, and what I enjoyed the most, a trillion cosmoses would flare into existence and sink into eternal night. -_-

You guys were are the best. 

XabJkFa.png

GuthixUnder-1.png

“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: