Zybez RuneScape Community was shut down on September 17th, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-12-01 at 02:20. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Join us on Discord, ZybezNet clan and Zchat friendchat.

We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

Exit post: The End.

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#41 Venenatis

Venenatis

Order of the White Lotus

Posted 15 August 2018 - 9:43 PM

Everything comes to an end at some point. Zybez had a good run. 10+ years of relevancy is nothing to be ashamed of. We will always look back and wonder: What could we have done better? That's just human nature. But ultimately that won't change that Zybez has come to its end. The people I've met here, the friends made, even the enemies I've found: I will never forget any of you. You're all part of what made this community enjoyable for me.

Edited by Venenatis, 15 August 2018 - 9:44 PM.

#42 Powpang

Powpang

Zero to Hero

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • RS Name:iPow
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Renegades

Posted 15 August 2018 - 9:51 PM

Times have changed and so have we.

It's really unfortunate to see this happening. Countless of hours have been spent here, dominantly on the Clan Discussion part of the forum. A place where everything and everyone came together to boast successes, have heated debates, pursue rivalries and much more... I won't be speaking for myself when I say this but I bet those that have "quit or retired" over the years have always come back to these forums to browse, whether logged in or just browsing as a guest, we've been lurking around. That alone shows just how strong of a connection to the clan world these forums had.

I can't see another forum integrating a vast array of clans like Zybez has done over the years and creating as much success as Zybez has done, but for sure, some will try.

Thanks for creating a podium for the clan world to display their feats of strength and great work to those over the years who have tried to keep it clean and somewhat honourable over all sections of the forum.

2rAm1ty.gif

Forums | F2P & P2P | Discord

#43 ixfd64

ixfd64

RS Classic Activist

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >
  • RS Name:ixfd64
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:16 PM

Damn. I haven't been on here in years but am sad to see this community go. :-(

Edited by ixfd64, 15 August 2018 - 10:20 PM.

#44 DevilKazuya

DevilKazuya

• RS Name:Devilkazuya

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:28 PM

Do you think I'm going to let you do this to me, to my account?

GozPOSb.gif

#45 Cypher

Cypher

| (• ◡•)|

• Rating: < -5 | 3 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Cypherex

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:35 PM

I'm very sad to hear about this. RIP Zybez. You will be missed.

Posted Image

#46 Aya513

Aya513

• Clan:The Rising

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:36 PM

good times from my childhood in this beautiful forum will always live in my heart for the rest of my life, may God bless you all

PD good times

It was beautiful.

NMEuG5C.gif   

HXcDuQz.gif

#47 Rj deathlord1

Rj deathlord1

• Rating: < -5 | -3 | +5 >
  • Clan:vR

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:50 PM

Hmm had some good times on here over the years but think the site had run its cause

Remember vr wins again

Violent Resolution - www.vr-rs.com/forums

Clans Closed: Corruption, The Titans, Solace, Rot v1.

#48 Gintoki

Gintoki

• Rating: < -5 | 2 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Bentoki
  • Clan:Afrobros
  • Team:zchat

Posted 15 August 2018 - 11:02 PM

I think I made my account in asking how to get past my dad's router filter on the website runescape, then started a war between the two of us where I started using proxies and logging onto his computer at night to change the filtered keyword to ruen ect, it got to the point where I actually installed keyloggers while he went off to the toilet and accepted it in his antivirus settings. Wasn't really that active but I have loved and will always love Runescape, I've played the game heavily (some might say too heavily) since I started in 2005, and I liked discussing it, I used to make these threads to discuss the game, to get peoples thoughts on how the game back then was ever so slowly getting easier and easier, and how what a horrible decision the EoC update was. I was for some reason promoted to a CL in questions the same day that I randomly checked the site, and I was introduced to a bunch of friendly people that were all just as passionate about the site and the game itself.

I may not have joined quite as early as everyone else, perhaps I just didn't have the foresight like others to join a community for this game outside of communities within the game itself. It will never be quite the same, I am still quite active on the likes of reddit and discord, but none of them quite have the support for long form discussion, if you attempt it, nobody can see your thread because the algorithm pushes your post down further and further in favour of newer and rising posts. It's a shame that we had to go down in the circumstances that we have currently, but I truly hope that we can all stick together in this new discord server and this community that has been built for years doesn't just fade into obscurity.

xD4B8ER.png

#49 V2RGang

V2RGang

• Rating: < -5 | -1 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Skeetskeet
  • RS Status:Free
  • Clan:V2R
  • Team:Rot

Posted 15 August 2018 - 11:33 PM

Was a good run at least clans dont have to outlast just for a rsc win post anymore. 

mB8FaLN.png

#50 pjz

pjz

• RS Name:Pure Jay Z
  • Clan:Downfall

Posted 15 August 2018 - 11:35 PM

Back in pre eoc - all those zybez hosted Cj tournaments were a better competition than the jagex cup itself. 

Thanks for the fun times. 

#51 Jaddy

Jaddy

Accomplished Agility Freak

• Rating: < -5 | 4 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Jaddy
  • Clan:Zybeznet
  • Team:Zchat

Posted 15 August 2018 - 11:59 PM

My time playing RuneScape wouldn't have been close to the same without zchat, without these forums, without the ZybezNet clan. Thanks a bunch to all of those that made that possible. See you all in the Zybeznet Discord.

giphy.gif

#52 EvilVictoria

EvilVictoria

☢ ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢

Posted 16 August 2018 - 12:02 AM

It's been an interesting experience for sure. I think quite a number of people here remember when it was a fully dedicated fansite that provided open-ended discussion for many different topics related to the game, whether it be for game help or community interaction. There's a lot of history on these boards and it's unfortunate that most of it will fade into obscurity. Personally, I thought the diversified staff that the site has seen over the years was a lot more well-rounded than other sites like tip.it or RuneHQ, and provided a lot of direct opportunities for players to engage with each other, whether that be through Ventrilo/TeamSpeak, Clan recruitments and fights, Internet Radio Broadcasting and other event collaborations. A lot of it faded with time as did many of the people involved with this community, but nothing lasts forever.

Thank you to everyone that participated on this forum and made it what it was over the years. No matter who you are or what clan you represent, your activity contributed to the success of a platform that was considered the de facto hub for the main clanning community scene for many years. Good luck with your future endeavors. 

Y6Bo23z.gif

ykgufJW.gif

9tTTw4a.gif

#53 Ninjasteak

Ninjasteak

ʕ༼◕ ౪ ◕✿༽ʔ

Posted 16 August 2018 - 12:03 AM

Many years ago, I didn't know I would be spending so much time with this community. I'm relatively new in the history of RSC, but joining this community and posting on these boards opened my eyes to the passion that people held. Being a part of it has changed my life in ways I can't express in words. Runescape and Zybez got me through a few rough patches in life - I'm eternally grateful for everything this place had, has, and will forever be.

Zybez Runescape Community, thank you for all the memories, the friendships, the laughs, the banter, and the tears. Thank you for the experiences, wisdom, and support shared among a million people. This forum will always have a special place in my heart. With everything, life goes on, it's time to close this chapter and write a new one. Until then, we stand together as one until the end.

Thanks W, it's been real.

ej7Gt3j.png?1J6DOj1k.png?17UHJ5hb.png?1 AGLrJYT.png?1ej7Gt3j.png?1

Achievements, Questions, & Competition Staff • Zchat Team • ZybezNet Team Leader

Global Moderator

kRV29fz.png

#54 Wnt

Wnt

• RS Name:Wnt
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Lithuanians

Posted 16 August 2018 - 12:11 AM

Gonna miss these boards :/

#55 Sybren

Sybren

Founder of Vengeance

• RS Name:Sybren
  • Clan:Vengeance

Posted 16 August 2018 - 12:33 AM

Sad to see but understandable and inevitable.

Wish you guys the best of luck irl and thank you for giving us the opportunity to be part of this.

jPI054J.png

Reopened as a Rune Pure, Range Tank & Med Build Clan.

www.tastevengeance.com

#56 Evf

Evf

• RS Name:Etotama
  • Clan:less

Posted 16 August 2018 - 12:37 AM

a little surprising, but then again not

#FreePkPete

#57 Guardian CRD

Guardian CRD

• Rating: < -5 | 4 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Guardian CRD
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Zybez

Posted 16 August 2018 - 12:52 AM

Lots of good memories here. Haven't been active since around 2007ish but still, good times.

Retired Moderator.

#58 xMike

xMike

Never Stop Smiling

Posted 16 August 2018 - 12:53 AM

Interested to see who steps up (if anyone) to make a new home for clans to discuss fights and other drama. Hard to think anyone would trust anyone forums wise these days.

Been a neat run but I probably wouldn't have met Volgas crazy ass without it!

Edited by xMike, 16 August 2018 - 12:53 AM.

(Y)
Spoiler

Spoiler

#59 Kylet

Kylet

Posted 16 August 2018 - 1:04 AM

Thanks for making clanning interesting. I’m sure for a lot of people this will be the end of major clanning as we know it.

Edited by Kylet, 16 August 2018 - 1:04 AM.

Jaja's head RSC ambassador. 

#60 Sp33dy20

Sp33dy20

Posted 16 August 2018 - 1:06 AM

its a shame

uWjeLgv.png

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: