We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

F2P

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 -Jigs-

-Jigs-

• Rating: < -5 | -1 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Jigs Wz34
  • RS Status:Free
  • Clan:'the' clan

Posted 02 August 2018 - 8:21 PM

someone please help, i've been inactive for a few years...

why is F2P warring dead?

~ 'THE' Clan since 2009 ~
http://img25.imagesh...76/modmatk5.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]
ORANGE OWNAGE SINCE [email protected]@@

~ Former 'THE' Clan Leader ~

Former:`
FEAR(2003) ~ Awaken(2003-2004) ~ DeathRow(2004-2007) ~ Gladz(2007-2009) ~ Demonic Empire(2009)
~R.I.P FEAR, @, Dr, De

#2 Adrenalized

Adrenalized

Legion

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 02 August 2018 - 8:23 PM

why is F2P warring dead?

Simply because nobody wants to lose, people would rather decline fights because they're unsure if they can Win. They would basically rather see no action than action that they may not win.

Edited by Adrenalized, 02 August 2018 - 8:23 PM.

sl5iCmh.png

#3 -Jigs-

-Jigs-

• RS Name:Jigs Wz34
  • RS Status:Free
  • Clan:'the' clan

Posted 02 August 2018 - 8:25 PM

why is F2P warring dead?

Simply because nobody wants to lose, people would rather decline fights because they're unsure if they can Win. They would basically rather see no action than action that they may not win.

you're not serious ?

damn man.. since when did clanning get so soft? :\

~ 'THE' Clan since 2009 ~
http://img25.imagesh...76/modmatk5.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]
ORANGE OWNAGE SINCE [email protected]@@

~ Former 'THE' Clan Leader ~

Former:`
FEAR(2003) ~ Awaken(2003-2004) ~ DeathRow(2004-2007) ~ Gladz(2007-2009) ~ Demonic Empire(2009)
~R.I.P FEAR, @, Dr, De

#4 RobJr

RobJr

VPN

• Rating: < -5 | -2 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Majutsu-Shi
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Team:Spartans

Posted 02 August 2018 - 8:28 PM

why is F2P warring dead?

you're not serious ?

Unfortunately Adrenalized is correct. People care too much about their eog and reputation to throw it down 1v1 anymore. They'd rather avoid and keep their ego intact 

0sj0La8.gif

#5 Adrenalized

Adrenalized

Legion

Posted 02 August 2018 - 8:34 PM

why is F2P warring dead?

you're not serious ?

Unfortunately Adrenalized is correct. People care too much about their eog and reputation to throw it down 1v1 anymore. They'd rather avoid and keep their ego intact 

It's very unfortunate brother.. Its supposed to be all about fun, who cares W/L truly I mean we all want to win.. The point is you wont get a gold award and a raise at work for your W/L record in clan fights on Runescape in reality it means nothing.

sl5iCmh.png

#6 imk

imk

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >
  • Clan:Divine Forces

Posted 02 August 2018 - 9:14 PM

i've been inactive for a few years...

You answered your own question. 

#7 Elrond140

Elrond140

hotter than hell

• Clan:The Rising

Posted 02 August 2018 - 9:34 PM

because clans are scared to lose lol... especially versus the rising

OGhSk4V.jpg

#8 Sciamachy

Sciamachy

Posted 02 August 2018 - 9:47 PM

The real reason f2p died is because the meta is trash. People don't enjoy box fights and it's way too easy to return. God forbid anybody name change coz with most ppl being 126 it becomes almost impossible to get piles off in a box. Don't get me wrong I actually like f2p but still.

Founder of Red Army

#9 Ambtenaar

Ambtenaar

Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:01 PM

Adrenalized is right.

The Rising is always open to fight, but other clans/teams decline... 

#10 Adrenalized

Adrenalized

Legion

Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:35 PM

The real reason f2p died is because the meta is trash. People don't enjoy box fights and it's way too easy to return. God forbid anybody name change coz with most ppl being 126 it becomes almost impossible to get piles off in a box. Don't get me wrong I actually like f2p but still.

That excuse is a cop out... You sit there and use the excuse that f2p is box fight only.. Have you seen the previous f2p pvp fights this past year?? Its honestly changed back more to the old style of drag fights since the downfall days. You most likely don't know because the only clans that fight in F2p pvp often are TR and CT but both of those clans know its not just a box fight. Feel free to join one of those 2 clans to know for yourself what it's like. :thumbsup:

Edited by Adrenalized, 02 August 2018 - 10:36 PM.

sl5iCmh.png

#11 Zq50

Zq50

♕ Zq50 ♕

• Rating: < -5 | 2 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Zq50
  • Clan:Exodus
  • Team:Silent Ember

Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:52 PM

Money. There are no good drops in F2P so there's no point in F2P pking.

Edited by Zq50, 02 August 2018 - 10:52 PM.

Posted Image

#12 EvilVictoria

EvilVictoria

☢ ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢

Posted 02 August 2018 - 10:57 PM

Mixture of people not wanting to lose and an absolute lack of interest. Lions closed because we couldn't even pull half our memberlist to a week prep, midweek or weekend. F2P/CWA is pretty much done.

I did try to get us activity against basically anyone, but my effort in setting fights up wasn't returned in favor. Nobody wanted to attend anyways, so no point in bothering with it.

Edited by EvilVictoria, 02 August 2018 - 11:03 PM.

Y6Bo23z.gif

ykgufJW.gif

9tTTw4a.gif

#13 Tova

Tova

Respect

Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:36 PM

F2P has been dying since a decade. Though I was always F2P at heart (still am), I enjoy P2P too now. Maybe even more.

joz1Vos.gif

Cutthroat  Forums || Discord

#14 Jake

Jake

• RS Name:Blaedr
  • Clan:North Korea

Posted 03 August 2018 - 12:54 AM

F2P hasn’t changed since it was released, in fact it’s got worse due to clumping. Why would anyone spend hours on end, clicking in a 4x4 box? Clan world numbers aside, it’s dead because it’s boring.

#15 imk

imk

• Clan:Divine Forces

Posted 03 August 2018 - 1:41 AM

That excuse is a cop out... You sit there and use the excuse that f2p is box fight only.. Have you seen the previous f2p pvp fights this past year?? Its honestly changed back more to the old style of drag fights since the downfall days. You most likely don't know because the only clans that fight in F2p pvp often are TR and CT but both of those clans know its not just a box fight. Feel free to join one of those 2 clans to know for yourself what it's like. :thumbsup:

He's not wrong. A good chunk of CT have little to no F2P experience and whilst TR are an F2P clan they don't have enough fights for trends to build. Trends being efficiency. Being "efficient" has hit this game in every scene, PvP included. People are too good at RS nowadays. The box meta started because it's simply inefficient to stay on a pile more than say 5~ squares, as you can easily switch onto someone less aware and continue momentum. Piles moved around in the past because of lack of numbers. Less people, less KO power, less binds, and so on. With how easy Jagex has made returning (Gds tab, no delay between world hopping, etc) it's impossible to not have a majority of your people in-game. Thus there's no need for regrouping, snipe units, and so on. It's just sit still and try to kill your opponents at a faster rate than they're killing you; which is very boring to most people. Especially since you can't really tell who's winning (since there's no KDR tracking). And to top it off the fights are settled not by the performances, but by who has more in TS at the end. 

So just because you've had a few fights that didn't end up in a box doesn't mean that the meta is dead. It just means you haven't had enough fights for routine to set in. 

#16 Stl Arrow

Stl Arrow

War is not about who is right, Its about who is left

• RS Name:Stl Arrow

Posted 03 August 2018 - 3:19 AM

He's not wrong. A good chunk of CT have little to no F2P experience and whilst TR are an F2P clan they don't have enough fights for trends to build. Trends being efficiency. Being "efficient" has hit this game in every scene, PvP included. People are too good at RS nowadays. The box meta started because it's simply inefficient to stay on a pile more than say 5~ squares, as you can easily switch onto someone less aware and continue momentum. Piles moved around in the past because of lack of numbers. Less people, less KO power, less binds, and so on. With how easy Jagex has made returning (Gds tab, no delay between world hopping, etc) it's impossible to not have a majority of your people in-game. Thus there's no need for regrouping, snipe units, and so on. It's just sit still and try to kill your opponents at a faster rate than they're killing you; which is very boring to most people. Especially since you can't really tell who's winning (since there's no KDR tracking). And to top it off the fights are settled not by the performances, but by who has more in TS at the end. 

So just because you've had a few fights that didn't end up in a box doesn't mean that the meta is dead. It just means you haven't had enough fights for routine to set in. 

Honestly couldn't have been better said. Can also agree with Sciamachy's comment aswell. Good topic to actually discuss without towers of flame quotes. Goodjob Jigs

#17 unbiased observer

unbiased observer

• Clan:Reign of Terror

Posted 03 August 2018 - 3:47 AM

b289 and his 3x3 box killed f2p

#18 Newtonuti

Newtonuti

• RS Name:Newtonuti
  • Clan:Vanguard

Posted 03 August 2018 - 3:56 AM

Vanguard often do F2P PKRI's, we're always willing to have a F2P fight. Feel free to pop into the vng Discord and message an official to set up a fight.

JXmBt0p.png

#19 nayylmao

nayylmao

Posted 03 August 2018 - 4:52 AM

bc of egos

on topic i will say one thing: tr pride on my rooster boy

KvSIb38.gif

#20 AizenTank

AizenTank

• RS Status:Member

Posted 03 August 2018 - 5:33 AM