Zybez RuneScape Community was shut down on September 17th, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-11-30 at 21:14. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Join us on Discord, ZybezNet clan and Zchat friendchat.

We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo
OSRS

Havent played in 9 years where to start?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rippin

Rippin

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >
  • RS Name:stoned4life7
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 31 July 2018 - 12:34 AM

Hey, ive decided to come back to the game after about 9 years time.

I have an account that has B gloves that is 50 att/49 str/46 def/44 range/46 pray/56 mage. So basically its MOSTLY quested and ready to train everything up. Also just need to do Kings Ransom for piety.

My goal here is turning this account into a 75 def Main/Piety account, Ive watched A LOT of videos trying to get up to date with what are the new best training methods and high level money makers/training but with so much to do right now at lower levels im a little overwhelmed with where I should start.

I need to get a torso, F cape and defenders but obviously a few of those arent possible yet. I plan on getting range and defense up first (probably get 60 attack before the defense) so I can get the Fire Cape easy and then go grab my defenders then start training strength/att.

I should have a good 60m to work with in order to make things like range/mage training least painful (although mage training isnt a priority for now, want to get other stats up first so I can at least PvM for money well enough to supply training magic fast). Where should I train range from 44-70 that would be quick and not terribly expensive because I plan on doing a little bit of chinning after hitting 70-75 range so im saving spending a good chunk of cash on higher levels instead of these lower ones. Also once, I hit 80+ range where is a good place to train range that I can also profit from as well?

Also what set up do you guys suggest for training melee, what weapons and where should I train to get to something respectable like 70/70/70 the fastest so I can wear most weapons/armors to make the rest of training the easiest? I was planning on doing slayer/NMZ once I get to higher levels but not sure what I should do to get there the fastest/easiest/least painful.

Also ive heard about NMZ, should I just do semi afk NMZ to get to 70s fastest and then switch to things like Slayer? My main goals on the account are to PvM/Slay and then also Pk.

#2 Kahrl

Kahrl

LUCAS76

Posted 31 July 2018 - 2:23 AM

start slaying

Member of Revenant | Elite member of Team Alpha | Member of The Rising

lFGrpcJ.gif                                              

"I don't pay 11 dollars for runescape membership to lose to rev" - Lovelost 

#3 Amazian

Amazian

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Amazian
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 31 July 2018 - 1:26 PM

Welcome back.

There's always something to do in RS. My suggestion is to find what you enjoy most and build you account around that.

EX: pking- create pures

~ ultimately, I would recommend joining a clan or community organization

www.twitch.tv/rsamazian

www.twitter.com/RSAmazian

OSRSCC: Amazian

*Contact for gathers, events, hostings, ect.*

#4 Seemingly

Seemingly

Posted 31 July 2018 - 3:15 PM

Welcome back,

Only way you can go wrong : Joining a pvp clan

#5 Adrenalized

Adrenalized

Legion

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 31 July 2018 - 3:23 PM

Work on combat/slayer first get 70+ def and mix in a little nightmare zone with DH to break from slayer to get some ez afk combat xp. Once you get to about 90+ all combat stats you can start working on skills to break occasionally if you want. You wont make great money from most skills tho slayer is your best bet to start. If you have any questions just pm me and when I see them ill help ya out. WB btw and have fun, remember you've missed a lot since you've been gone so try to update yourself as your slaying on a help site as to new arm/weps that have been released since 9 years ago. 

Edited by Adrenalized, 31 July 2018 - 3:26 PM.

sl5iCmh.png

#6 Stl Arrow

Stl Arrow

War is not about who is right, Its about who is left

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Stl Arrow
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 31 July 2018 - 3:47 PM

Welcome back,

Only way you can go wrong : Joining a pvp clan

Agreed.

OT: Best method to train is NMZ unless you like slaying.

#7 I Love You

I Love You

Forever. ♥

• Rating: < -5 | 3 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Divine Forces

Posted 03 August 2018 - 2:09 PM

Sand crabs are pretty good for lower level range and you can AFK for 10 minutes at a time. Can maybe look into grinding out PC to get void as well. Unsure if chinning 70-75 range is worth it, especially you're on a limited budget. Depends on your slayer level of course but for 80+ range, slayer monsters like Brutal Blacks or Wyverns would be really good. Can safespot wyverns and brutal blacks average around 25k gp/kill.

I would say to get defenders before firecape, the bonuses on a rune/dragon defender is much more significant than what a fcape gives.

Think with 50 attack, a granite hammer is the best weapon to use until 60 attack. Once you have flat 60s and can wear Obsidian armour and weapon, use that. Need the full set along with the sword for the set effect. Once you get flat 70s, you can probably do 1 hp dh with a rock cake and abs pots in NMZ. 

I wish it is always You. Only You and I.

4uF1y.png

Forums

hoW5M5P.gif

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: