We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Clan Wars Risk

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Tova

Tova

Respect

Posted 11 June 2018 - 8:48 PM

A prize pool sounds like a neat idea to me.

joz1Vos.gif

Cutthroat  Forums || Discord

#22 Zerkatron

Zerkatron

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Clanless
  • Team:Teamless

Posted 11 June 2018 - 9:23 PM

bad clans cant fake endings in cwa so it will be dead content 

#23 Vio

Vio

The Chaosrider

Posted 12 June 2018 - 2:35 AM

I have an alternate idea - instead of a stake, let the winning clan get all the loot that their opponent lost in a dangerous CWA match.

Refer to this topic I posted in 2012:

http://forums.zybez....-pvp-coinshare/

Seeing as barely anyone has ever had a dangerous CWA fight, and the feature was only really used to lure, why not instead change the mechanics to work half like the wilderness - where if you die, you lose all but 3/4 items or 0/1 if you're skulled (make how many items get protected as an option when setting up the fight).

So when someone dies, their loot won't appear, but instead it'll be sold via the GE for mid or alched, so that there are two cashpiles being gathered up per clan.

In a knock-out, the winning clan gets all the loot, which will be shared equally between everyone in the CC.

In a PKRI, the cashpiles stack up as the fight progresses, and at the end of it each clan can collect whatever they've made - obviously the clan with more kills will get more money.

How does that sound?

Posted Image

EOS callers rental rate is 500m per hour. #RSEOS if interested.

DG Keanu was free and lead us to victory, re-evaluate how important you think you are.

#24 darklord1848

darklord1848

Posted 12 June 2018 - 8:01 AM

I have an alternate idea - instead of a stake, let the winning clan get all the loot that their opponent lost in a dangerous CWA match.

Seeing as barely anyone has ever had a dangerous CWA fight, and the feature was only really used to lure, why not instead change the mechanics to work half like the wilderness - where if you die, you lose all but 3/4 items or 0/1 if you're skulled (make how many items get protected as an option when setting up the fight).

So when someone dies, their loot won't appear, but instead it'll be sold via the GE for mid or alched, so that there are two cashpiles being gathered up per clan.

In a knock-out, the winning clan gets all the loot, which will be shared equally between everyone in the CC.

In a PKRI, the cashpiles stack up as the fight progresses, and at the end of it each clan can collect whatever they've made - obviously the clan with more kills will get more money.

How does that sound?

Seems like more effort to get less reward. 

Edited by darklord1848, 12 June 2018 - 8:01 AM.

"Power is always dangerous, it attracts the worst and corrupts the best, I never asked for power, power is only given to those who are prepared to lower themselves to pick it up"

#25 Stl Arrow

Stl Arrow

War is not about who is right, Its about who is left

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Stl Arrow
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 21 June 2018 - 9:46 PM

I like the idea.

#26 zybezisdead

zybezisdead

• Rating: < -5 | -1 | +5 >

Posted 06 July 2018 - 4:02 AM

How does that sound?

It would be better if whoever did the most damage to a kill got the loot that would be in a chest by the bank, however CC leaving would become a real problem.  You couldnt alch things because that would kill alch prices (nature no longer required, I can just kill my alt for his stack of maple longbow (u) for profit, etc)

#27 Vio

Vio

The Chaosrider

Posted 06 July 2018 - 5:36 AM

It would be better if whoever did the most damage to a kill got the loot that would be in a chest by the bank, however CC leaving would become a real problem.  You couldnt alch things because that would kill alch prices (nature no longer required, I can just kill my alt for his stack of maple longbow (u) for profit, etc)

Good point. I like the idea of individual players getting loot after the fight.

As for leaving the cc... maybe implement something like the logout timer where players in the arena can't leave for 10 seconds after combat?

Posted Image

EOS callers rental rate is 500m per hour. #RSEOS if interested.

DG Keanu was free and lead us to victory, re-evaluate how important you think you are.

#28 Euthanize

Euthanize

• Clan:Avalon

Posted 07 July 2018 - 8:58 PM

that would b ****ing epic

56wwgl7.gif

Avalon ~ Home of The Last 'Rune Pure & Tank' clan, #1 in OSRS | http://rs-avalon.com

Spoiler

#29 Whisper2Me

Whisper2Me

Posted 07 July 2018 - 9:10 PM

This would be absolutely worth doing! As it stands it just gets boring.

Edited by Whisper2Me, 07 July 2018 - 9:10 PM.

8ac1409f255cff704c1070bd6b8496ad.gif

#30 Amazian

Amazian

• RS Name:Amazian

Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:01 PM

No clan especially P2P based enjoys CWA fights however: 

Would you compete in Clan wars arena fights with your clan if Jagex added a Dual Arena element to it?

Each member,or dedicated leader throws up a amount, 20m-50m Or so. Winning clans gets the GP. 

40v40 would be interesting if every member chucked in 5m. 

Kind of takes the "sit around" and wait for a J Cup/Zybez Cup away if clans have a chance to not only fight for the win but gain some Gp in the process. Would also call out clans who think they're in a crash war/better than their enemy yet don't show up/put their money where their mouth is.

Or is Cwa completely dead.

Thoughts?

No clan especially P2P based enjoys CWA fights however:   (opinion) Eh.

Personally, I find "safe" clan wars to be a fun way to practice and compete with corresponding groups. There are some people who enjoy wearing their best gear and performing their best without having to worry about loss.  This does much to instill safe & fun competition in the clan community, among teams and individuals, as there are many other sources of 'risked' fights in RS. 

[Staked Clan Wars Fights] Although, this is a fun and intriguing suggestion. Maybe better for competing leaders and less for regular members. Definitely a nice option to have. 

Suggestions to enhance Clan Wars in  reguards to the RS clan community:
~~~Formidable and frequently updated rankings based on competitive clan performance.
~~~Sponsored (Jagex and other gaming sponsors.) Clan Wars tournaments (every 4-6 months)

*Similar to seasonal DMM**

*Plus, in comparison to DMM, you get to keep and continue to use your account(s) after events.*

(Opinion) Essentially, this would greatly benefit clans; leaders and members. Broadcasts, advertisements, and participation would stimulate interest in Runescape and the RS clan community.

Positive Domino Effect: More Interest-> More Players-> More Clans-> More Activity-> A better healthier RS community with more people connected via RS and their corresponding community.

(Opinion) Those players supported by an active, supportive, and welcoming community are more likely to stay, enjoy, and promote RS and all its positive attributions. 

Final Suggestion: Overhead prayers in clan wars and/or in large groups. This can make it extremely hard to see in midst of Clan Wars combat and even in wilderness groups. An option to change settings and fight full sight would benefit players and compliment the RS combat experience. 

Edited by Amazian, 10 August 2018 - 12:34 PM.

www.twitch.tv/rsamazian

www.twitter.com/RSAmazian

OSRSCC: Amazian

*Contact for gathers, events, hostings, ect.*

#31 P Thug911

P Thug911

• RS Name:P Thug911
  • RS Status:Free
  • Clan:Oblivion

Posted 24 August 2018 - 4:10 AM

Iwould say just remove it cringe af
Your signature has been removed because it was breaking the rules of this community. It was too big (either too wide or too tall) and/or its file-size was too large. To find out more, please see our Help & Rules Section. Please ensure that you fix your signature according to the rules before putting it up again. Otherwise, you may be banned. If you need any help, feel free to contact me.
Thanks,
Ryan P J

#32 The duck

The duck

The Community Duckā„¢

• Rating: < -5 | 4 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Elysian Duck
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:36 PM

Would be good for competition! Jagex needs to investigate the feasibility of this idea.

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

4w3Bc9n.png

MA8JzzV.gif

Ppj1oVu.jpg

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: