Zybez RuneScape Community was shut down on September 17th, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-12-02 at 03:42. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Join us on Discord, ZybezNet clan and Zchat friendchat.

We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

Your views on the current state of clan world

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#101 Wee Man

Wee Man

Чистой ненависти номер один

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:43 AM

Essentially what's happened is for a lot of people the actual fight, wherever it may be, holds very little value in comparison to the **** talking afterwards. People want to win just to be able to make their opponents look silly on forums/discord/twitter or wherever rather than to actually compete and be #1. A large number of clans seem to prefer to sit and wait for easy chances for some positive publicity, for want of a better word, rather than go out and scrap with someone who's a genuine rival.

Obviously not all clans are like that but the ones that are just contribute to the stagnation that people have talked about for years. I won't name names or point fingers but everyone knows of a few examples of clans like that. For the clans that do want to go out, be active and scrap just for the fun of the fight they'll just end up fighting the same opponents week in week out which just gets stale. This all leads to an inactive, stagnant clan scene which leads to fights getting crashed just because that might be the only decent action available.

tl;dr There's too much salt associated with losing and not enough clans willing to fight for the sheer fun of it anymore.

bring back cc teams

bring back clusters

bring back top tier wildy fights
bring back midsize
bring back f2p

:whistle: 

Bring back ronin  :woeh:

There's no coming back from where I sent that toxic clan  :innocent:

q16uDOD.png

A2xdnTr.png

X2LvGU2.png

#102 Alltra

Alltra

Posted 15 June 2018 - 2:36 PM

ronin sucks lol

Leader of The Kings

Leader of Divine Kings

Warlord of Violent Resolution

Killer of Pure Hatred & Poison

#103 Team Paradox

Team Paradox

Posted 15 June 2018 - 2:55 PM

bring back midsized clans

#104 TopOne1111

TopOne1111

• Rating: < -5 | -2 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Top1
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:CUTTHROAT

Posted 15 June 2018 - 3:15 PM

its 2018 people been playing the same game for over 15 years ... 

Edited by TopOne1111, 15 June 2018 - 3:16 PM.

#105 jax

jax

• Rating: < -5 | -4 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Reign of Terror

Posted 15 June 2018 - 4:00 PM

let my clan kill urs

maybe - mods

stop deleting my posts mods

#106 Legendski

Legendski

From the Runescape School of 2004

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Legendski
  • Clan:None

Posted 15 June 2018 - 7:07 PM

Doesn't seem like it is worth rejoining the clan world then

Former member of Damage Incorporated, Runescape Dinasty and Zeonic Force
Retired from Runescape 2009

#107 Howl

Howl

• RS Name:H0w1
  • Clan:Retired

Posted 15 June 2018 - 7:37 PM

Doesn't seem like it is worth rejoining the clan world then

Every time one of these topics comes up, I feel like it just reinforces the idea that people shouldn't come back to the clan world

One word, unbelievable

#108 Dr Destiny

Dr Destiny

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:Downfall
  • Team:Trinity

Posted 15 June 2018 - 8:04 PM

Serious question is there still a clan world? From what I have seen most people moved with their lives and don't seem to care anymore. 

There is, it just has transitioned into P2P, but it seems the push from P2P clans to fight more F2P will help clans like TR who are mainly F2P to prosper and find some fun in fighting new people.. that is unless they decide it's not something they want to continue overall. But the clan world does get smaller every time a clan closes (and there's been quite a few small & big ones just this past year). Most members end up quitting, with very few actually continuing to clan.

Clans are wondering why the scene is so dead, meanwhile they are kicking members for missing one event...

LMFAO this is golden

Posted Image

Posted Image

#109 0robinxhood0

0robinxhood0

Posted 17 June 2018 - 9:56 AM

Essentially what's happened is for a lot of people the actual fight, wherever it may be, holds very little value in comparison to the **** talking afterwards. People want to win just to be able to make their opponents look silly on forums/discord/twitter or wherever rather than to actually compete and be #1. A large number of clans seem to prefer to sit and wait for easy chances for some positive publicity, for want of a better word, rather than go out and scrap with someone who's a genuine rival.

Obviously not all clans are like that but the ones that are just contribute to the stagnation that people have talked about for years. I won't name names or point fingers but everyone knows of a few examples of clans like that. For the clans that do want to go out, be active and scrap just for the fun of the fight they'll just end up fighting the same opponents week in week out which just gets stale. This all leads to an inactive, stagnant clan scene which leads to fights getting crashed just because that might be the only decent action available.

tl;dr There's too much salt associated with losing and not enough clans willing to fight for the sheer fun of it anymore.

bring back cc teams
bring back clusters
bring back midsize
bring back f2p

q16uDOD.png

Tell Scott I said good luck finally completing his gender studies degree!

[REMOVED]

Isn't this you 

B4gq3uf.png

Edited by Ramu, 17 June 2018 - 10:17 PM.
Don't post IRL information about people

UUZPa3a.png

#Ronin @ SwiftIRC

120+ combat to intro

#110 Crest227

Crest227

• RS Name:Crest227
  • Clan:Minty
  • Team:Fresh

Posted 17 June 2018 - 3:35 PM

bring back cc teams
bring back clusters
bring back midsize
bring back f2p

q16uDOD.png

Tell Scott I said good luck finally completing his gender studies degree!

[Removed]

Isn't this you 

B4gq3uf.png

You play still lol?

Edited by Ramu, 17 June 2018 - 10:17 PM.
removed video

I guess Crest had the last laugh after all. In a fight with Dfall he said something along the lines "How long till you leave 'The' "

It's not blind trust. In order to get the moderator rank, you need to show your loyalty to RSC by working for years as a CL, and you need to prove your trustworthiness in that time. Think of CD staff as a clan in and of itself: who do you think a moderator would be more loyal to, the clan they were in for a few weeks (or literally just joined), or the clan they worked hard in for years? To assume a moderator would throw all his hard work away just to impress his new buddies is absurd.

If you still are concerned, then use a proxy just like you would do if you visited a rival clan's board, but I and the entire admin staff are 100% confident our moderators do not and will not leak IPs.

#111 Rj deathlord1

Rj deathlord1

• Rating: < -5 | -3 | +5 >
  • Clan:vR

Posted 19 June 2018 - 9:27 AM

Some clans never change. Pming all intros to spy for rsgp and crashing fights because they get flamed on rsc telling other clans officials to kick members lmfao

Violent Resolution - www.vr-rs.com/forums

Clans Closed: Corruption, The Titans, Solace, Rot v1.

#112 nayylmao

nayylmao

Posted 19 June 2018 - 3:23 PM

Some clans never change. Pming all intros to spy for rsgp and crashing fights because they get flamed on rsc telling other clans officials to kick members lmfao

your daily tears feed me

this is the same reason why rot slumped that dog ass clan of urs, and you still haven't recovered from it.

Oh and VR isn't a honor klan btw.

Edited by nayylmao, 19 June 2018 - 3:23 PM.

KvSIb38.gif

#113 Rj deathlord1

Rj deathlord1

• Rating: < -5 | -3 | +5 >
  • Clan:vR

Posted 19 June 2018 - 4:03 PM

your daily tears feed me

this is the same reason why rot slumped that dog ass clan of urs, and you still haven't recovered from it.

Vr isn't doing this in 2018 though....

1jpwkj.png

5v65o0.png

Violent Resolution - www.vr-rs.com/forums

Clans Closed: Corruption, The Titans, Solace, Rot v1.

#114 Kap_Jr

Kap_Jr

Posted 19 June 2018 - 4:45 PM

your daily tears feed me

Vr isn't doing this in 2018 though....

1jpwkj.png

5v65o0.png

If spies upset you then you're in for an extremely rude awakening soon.

oLwjUM2.png

#115 Christy

Christy

UNC Official

• RS Name:Pipsqueek
  • Clan:Cutthroat

Posted 19 June 2018 - 8:02 PM

The day DK mass joined you a DK member asked VR what they would do if CT hit you guys.  Your leader Kaochinx responded "if worse comes to worse we'll just dox them".

Don't @ anyone about how the clan world should or shouldn't be.

fQMqOsv.gif

#116 Crest227

Crest227

• RS Name:Crest227
  • Clan:Minty
  • Team:Fresh

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:15 PM

Why doesn't Rot ever pm me or any of my dudes to spy lol.....?

I guess Crest had the last laugh after all. In a fight with Dfall he said something along the lines "How long till you leave 'The' "

It's not blind trust. In order to get the moderator rank, you need to show your loyalty to RSC by working for years as a CL, and you need to prove your trustworthiness in that time. Think of CD staff as a clan in and of itself: who do you think a moderator would be more loyal to, the clan they were in for a few weeks (or literally just joined), or the clan they worked hard in for years? To assume a moderator would throw all his hard work away just to impress his new buddies is absurd.

If you still are concerned, then use a proxy just like you would do if you visited a rival clan's board, but I and the entire admin staff are 100% confident our moderators do not and will not leak IPs.

#117 Some_Guy

Some_Guy

• RS Status:Free

Posted 22 June 2018 - 12:44 PM

This is an interesting thread. I wondered if this place still really existed, and I'm somewhat surprised to see that it does.

I think the big question you need to ask yourselves is what it is exactly that you want from it all? What era of clans are you looking to recapture? What type of community are you looking to create? What type of expectations do you have of one another? What is considered "important" to different clans?

One thing worth keeping in mind is that no one clan is/was responsible for things becoming as negative as they got. The people describing the clan-world as toxic, uninviting and unappealing for those outside the scene are absolutely correct. And it has been that way for a very, very long time. 

I'd be interested in a discussion on what made certain eras of the clan world enjoyable if anyone wants to have it. Maybe you guys will find something that might be of interest or value. 

#118 Mercy.

Mercy.

• Clan:Eruption of Pures

Posted 30 June 2018 - 10:14 PM

RoT is the clan world and I'd say we're doing fine. 

hh7Yrds.png

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: