We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

Your views on the current state of clan world

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#41 Christy

Christy

UNC Official

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Pipsqueek
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Cutthroat

Posted 07 June 2018 - 1:13 PM

This may be the worst point its been tbh. Every wildy fight lasts 5mins, no CWA action with rival clans happen, & excuses after excuses are given for reasons not to fight.

There barely is still a clan world at this point lmao

If people weren't so addicted to the game then even more of the clan world community would be gone.

Sorry, but I completely disagree.  Nothing directed at you personally but I feel a lot of clan's leaderships are just lazy.  If the clan world feels dead then you're doing something wrong.  

Cutthroat is probably out 6-8 hours a day and while we may encounter an occasional dead wilderness our days are for the most part action packed.  A typical day for us is something like:

• Aussie pk anywhere from 2-7 AM EST - this usually involves scrapping with streamers, CL, or Ibliys (open cc that can pull ~20-30ish on good nights)
  • If we have a midday event then someone will usually host a single pk or a smallman around 11 AM EST
  • Midday Event (3-6 EST) usually something like an hour capped fight, or single spells, or CWA (RSB, F2P, P2P)
  • Late EST PK (~8 EST) usually just a hop around trip clearing out caves

Add some community events, pvm competitions, or other prize based activities and it's pretty much a packed schedule.  I'll grant that there are less clans so in terms of wilderness you might scrap with the same people quite a bit but you can definitely put some effort in to set up some fun/interesting events.  Cutthroat has pretty much offered to AC for just about anyone.  I think saying 'clan world is dead' is just kind of a cop out for lazy leadership or leadership that has maybe made mistakes and gotten into the wrong rivalries or maybe too many rivalries.  Not saying everything is always perfect in Cutthroat and that we never find a day when wildy is dead but things actually feel much more active this summer than they did this time last year.  

Ah yes having meaningless 20 man fights with RSB teams...clan world so prosperous! 

I didn't say the clan world is 'prosperous' but I said it's growing not dying.  RSB is an OPTION, that's the important thing to remember.  You have a lot of clans who only really do RSB or only do F2P.  If a clan is looking for consistent activity in terms of events then yea why wouldn't you take whatever action you can get?  Heck I'm fine with doing a 10v10 RSB because I can put 30 other people at caves if they wanna go hop around for loot.  It's not as if we would do an RSB fight and call it a day there's always other events on top of that.  It requires a lot of work from a rank team though and if a rank team isn't out there working their ass off then it's not going to happen.  In terms of the '20 man fights' thing we fought 86 CT vs 90+ Jaja/PD a week ago, we had a spur 50v50 against Jaja a couple days ago, Rev managed to fight us for about 20 minutes 60v60 before getting cleared a week or so ago, and Rot always gives us high ops fights usually 60/70 people.

fQMqOsv.gif

#42 B0rntowildy

B0rntowildy

• RS Name:B0rntowildy
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 07 June 2018 - 1:53 PM

This may be the worst point its been tbh. Every wildy fight lasts 5mins, no CWA action with rival clans happen, & excuses after excuses are given for reasons not to fight.

If people weren't so addicted to the game then even more of the clan world community would be gone.

Sorry, but I completely disagree.  Nothing directed at you personally but I feel a lot of clan's leaderships are just lazy.  If the clan world feels dead then you're doing something wrong.  

Cutthroat is probably out 6-8 hours a day and while we may encounter an occasional dead wilderness our days are for the most part action packed.  A typical day for us is something like:

• Aussie pk anywhere from 2-7 AM EST - this usually involves scrapping with streamers, CL, or Ibliys (open cc that can pull ~20-30ish on good nights)
  • If we have a midday event then someone will usually host a single pk or a smallman around 11 AM EST
  • Midday Event (3-6 EST) usually something like an hour capped fight, or single spells, or CWA (RSB, F2P, P2P)

Add some community events, pvm competitions, or other prize based activities and it's pretty much a packed schedule.  I'll grant that there are less clans so in terms of wilderness you might scrap with the same people quite a bit but you can definitely put some effort in to set up some fun/interesting events.  Cutthroat has pretty much offered to AC for just about anyone.  I think saying 'clan world is dead' is just kind of a cop out for lazy leadership or leadership that has maybe made mistakes and gotten into the wrong rivalries or maybe too many rivalries.  Not saying everything is always perfect in Cutthroat and that we never find a day when wildy is dead but things actually feel much more active this summer than they did this time last year.  

Ah yes having meaningless 20 man fights with RSB teams...clan world so prosperous! 

I didn't say the clan world is 'prosperous' but I said it's growing not dying.  RSB is an OPTION, that's the important thing to remember.  You have a lot of clans who only really do RSB or only do F2P.  If a clan is looking for consistent activity in terms of events then yea why wouldn't you take whatever action you can get?  Heck I'm fine with doing a 10v10 RSB because I can put 30 other people at caves if they wanna go hop around for loot.  It's not as if we would do an RSB fight and call it a day there's always other events on top of that.  It requires a lot of work from a rank team though and if a rank team isn't out there working their ass off then it's not going to happen.  In terms of the '20 man fights' thing we fought 86 CT vs 90+ Jaja/PD a week ago, we had a spur 50v50 against Jaja a couple days ago, Rev managed to fight us for about 20 minutes 60v60 before getting cleared a week or so ago, and Rot always gives us high ops fights usually 60/70 people.

My point is none of these fights have any significance. There's no longer legitimate clan rankings/rivalries/fights that carry weight. Sure the wilderness may not be so dead per se, but if you compared clanning (not rev pking and running into jaja lmfao) to 10/7/even 4 years ago clanning (as we once knew) is absolutely dead.

Not that I care though I haven't played rs in years.

#43 despeers

despeers

• RS Status:Free
  • Clan:Jaja
  • Team:Tr/SE/EoP

Posted 07 June 2018 - 2:54 PM

Ahh yes, the monthly clan world is dead topic.

Pm me for battle btw, any time, anywhere

4f8p9pw.png

Pking since 2006 and still slaying, check us out http://jaja-rs.com/community/

#44 Dox17

Dox17

Verified ✓

• Rating: < -5 | 2 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Team:Damage Inc.

Posted 07 June 2018 - 4:08 PM

My point is none of these fights have any significance. There's no longer legitimate clan rankings/rivalries/fights that carry weight. Sure the wilderness may not be so dead per se, but if you compared clanning (not rev pking and running into jaja lmfao) to 10/7/even 4 years ago clanning (as we once knew) is absolutely dead.

The classic 'the time I played was the only relevant time' post. There's different eras in clanning and different rivalries come with those eras. There's plenty of meaningful rivalries going on on and off of zybez. 10 years ago all the wilderness offered was in game spamming running around gds. Now we have so many different types of PvP and areas of the wilderness to take advantage of. Is it perfect? No. But there's way more variety and ways to show a clan's quality now then before. It takes strong leadership and a membership willingn to be flexible which scares a lot of people.

Personally it makes me happy to see clans like CT show interest in f2p. CT vs Rev in f2p would be fun as hell to watch.

Edited by Dox17, 07 June 2018 - 4:12 PM.

9xMzqdN.gif

0sj0La8.gif

Original DI Join Date: March 4th, 2006, 12:51 PM | LccAhzq.png

Spoiler

#45 try t0 live

try t0 live

• Rating: < -5 | -2 | +5 >
  • RS Name:BlocBoy Ant

Posted 07 June 2018 - 4:13 PM

Honestly? This is one of the worst states the clan world has been in and I have little faith in the clan world being able to bounce back due to lack of care from both Jagex towards clans/clan communities, or even with us as the current gamers in the clan world. I have been around since 06, watching, observing up until 08, and right now, the type of community we have built for others to even consider joining: is disgusting. Some of us are good people, able to help others integrate into communities, adapt to the F2P (or P2P) way of life, but for the majority of others; we have created this community where egotistic, borderline obsessive egos, have taken hindsight and thus the negativity some have caused have turned many others, and I mean a lot of players, away from the potential possibility in joining a clan. To be even more critical, I think at this point those not involved in our type of competitive community would prefer joining a PvM and Social clan, rather than a PvP/competitive one.

My view might be harsh and some might take it whatever way they want, but it's the truth. Some of us as a collective unit have turned what was potentially a nostalgic opportunity in regards to the clanning community, into a place where there will be nothing of nostalgia or a clanning community in the coming years. To steer away from the harshness of the truth, we as players can only do so much to make better of what is left. Can we broaden people's perspectives and try to get people to give clanning a shot - simply, yes. But the question is whether or not we care enough, or have the actual ability to do so. Most of us are older, with responsibilities, or simply do not care enough anymore. Personally, I have moved onto other games, but I feel like if we all had or have the time to put a better outlook on our clan world, we would be able to develop an influx of people. If we were to have more support from Jagex, let's say, other than the [overdue] Jagex Cup and had some spotlight on the competitiveness whether P2P or F2P, people would have a better view and be instantly attracted. If we as players were to better support what we play, in terms of the egos, negativity, whatever, then maybe others wouldn't be so cautious in joining our community.

Tl;dr - a community is what it is made of. From administration to the people within.

These two quotes sum up my opinion.

Roll, Roll, Roll your chair.

#46 xMike

xMike

Never Stop Smiling

Posted 07 June 2018 - 4:47 PM

This topic again.

Plain and simple; lack of quality leadership.

Most clans lack ambition or the grit to improve. People let good enough be good enough. There are no young fresh minds out there pushing to make something of their own. A lot of the 'top' clans today are led by previous midsized clan leaders and there was a reason why those clans stayed midsized. Everyone just accepts that it's cool to cry about the clan world while doing nothing about it. No one wants to take a step back with their clan to take two forward.
(Y)
Spoiler

Spoiler

#47 Adenina

Adenina

SHOOK

Posted 07 June 2018 - 5:43 PM

I think DK is the only clan bringing fresh blood into the clan scene, I believe most clans don't want new people with little experience to keep up their quality, although that's main reason clan scene is dead, theres few discord small clans with open cc but that's not enough and almost all those people end up not enjoying the clan world because of its toxicity, as for DK we get enough action to stay alive, activity for us its really not a problem we got people pking all the time on all timezones P2P and F2P, but from my PoV, there almost no real fights happening between clans, its true that even fights last less time now and clans rather not give enemies fight and that kills activity obviously, as for our beef with JAJA we adopted the same method knowing we won't get a fair fight (using addy to outlast, calling allied clans) we just won't bother fighting at all.

Edited by Adenina, 08 June 2018 - 8:47 AM.

raIa1f7.gif

LjigRh2.png

eNo5cdA.gif

YVfqWHM.gif

WfGO3en.png

17Ku6OX.png

There is nobody so irritating as somebody with more intelligence and more sense than we have

#48 AizenTank

AizenTank

Posted 07 June 2018 - 6:15 PM

I blame jagex for letting clan world/group activities dying.

WreRiVp.png

gGyIdaa.gif

#49 Gladias

Gladias

• Rating: < -5 | -1 | +5 >
  • Clan:Reign of Terror

Posted 07 June 2018 - 6:59 PM

2025 jcup waiting room

rMxqzZr.gif

mMknUZz.gif

Reign of Terror

53BYxRx.png wE3ljd3.png HpSOmbx.png 5xsyE2K.png

#50 B0rntowildy

B0rntowildy

Posted 07 June 2018 - 7:18 PM

The classic 'the time I played was the only relevant time' post. There's different eras in clanning and different rivalries come with those eras. There's plenty of meaningful rivalries going on on and off of zybez. 10 years ago all the wilderness offered was in game spamming running around gds. Now we have so many different types of PvP and areas of the wilderness to take advantage of. Is it perfect? No. But there's way more variety and ways to show a clan's quality now then before. It takes strong leadership and a membership willingn to be flexible which scares a lot of people.

Personally it makes me happy to see clans like CT show interest in f2p. CT vs Rev in f2p would be fun as hell to watch.

Sure there's different eras, but clanning in this era is the worst it's ever been in terms of numbers and quality. Rot proves this time and time again lol. There's literally no clan in the game that can even remotely compete with Rot. You take this same Rot years back and they wouldn't even be in the top 3. I could create my own clan today and be in the top 3 within a week...

This also isn't the first time there's ever been pking areas outside of the wilderness (PvP worlds in 2010, etc). I also disagree with "there's way more variety and ways to show a clan's quality now then before" statement...lol

Edited by B0rntowildy, 07 June 2018 - 7:19 PM.

#51 Howl

Howl

• RS Name:H0w1
  • Clan:Retired

Posted 07 June 2018 - 7:34 PM

I could create my own clan today and be in the top 3 within a week...

please, go ahead

One word, unbelievable

#52 George

George

Gkef

• Clan:Reign of Terror

Posted 07 June 2018 - 8:51 PM

For the past 5 years, the activity of the clan world has generally correlated with the state of the anti-RoT alliance, which is currently the weakest it has ever been.

Edited by George, 07 June 2018 - 8:51 PM.

#53 enojada

enojada

• Rating: < -5 | -1 | +5 >
  • RS Name::]
  • Team:SE/Martians

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:20 AM

RoT smoked yall

#54 B0rntowildy

B0rntowildy

Posted 08 June 2018 - 2:23 AM

please, go ahead

waste of time

#55 D om

D om

• Clan:CUTTHROAT

Posted 08 June 2018 - 2:32 AM

please, go ahead
waste of time
This is exactly why we are where we are

gGyIdaa.gif

No anti-clan signatures - South

#56 Howl

Howl

Posted 08 June 2018 - 7:35 AM

please, go ahead
waste of time
This is exactly why we are where we are

Yeah, pretty much.

If the clan world is going to "make a comeback", then it needs either

1) older players to start believing it's not a waste of time

2) new blood

ideally it would have both, but both seem to be struggles right now

Edited by Howl, 08 June 2018 - 7:36 AM.

One word, unbelievable

#57 Wee Man

Wee Man

Чистой ненависти номер один

Posted 08 June 2018 - 7:46 AM

I think DK is the only clan bringing fresh blood into the clan scene.

It's no secret that I don't like DK, never have, but if there's one thing everyone should accept you're good at it's bringing new people into the clan world. You guys are the last remnants of the old CC team style, sure your quality takes a massive hit and you won't ever be a "force" for larger or more organised clans but at least you'll be out having fun which is what fresh blood needs to see for them to stick around.

A2xdnTr.png

X2LvGU2.png

#58 Team Paradox

Team Paradox

Posted 08 June 2018 - 8:03 AM

pvm clan world is the way to go

#59 Howl

Howl

Posted 08 June 2018 - 8:07 AM

I think DK is the only clan bringing fresh blood into the clan scene.

It's no secret that I don't like DK, never have, but if there's one thing everyone should accept you're good at it's bringing new people into the clan world. You guys are the last remnants of the old CC team style, sure your quality takes a massive hit and you won't ever be a "force" for larger or more organised clans but at least you'll be out having fun which is what fresh blood needs to see for them to stick around.

I may be wrong here, but it also seems like CT does a pretty decent job of bringing in people with little experience in the clan world. That's not at all a knock against CT, but saying they do a great job of inviting new people and working on their quality.

One word, unbelievable

#60 Dox17

Dox17

Verified ✓

• Team:Damage Inc.

Posted 08 June 2018 - 8:41 AM

Sure there's different eras, but clanning in this era is the worst it's ever been in terms of numbers and quality. Rot proves this time and time again lol. There's literally no clan in the game that can even remotely compete with Rot. You take this same Rot years back and they wouldn't even be in the top 3. I could create my own clan today and be in the top 3 within a week...

This also isn't the first time there's ever been pking areas outside of the wilderness (PvP worlds in 2010, etc). I also disagree with "there's way more variety and ways to show a clan's quality now then before" statement...lol

Disagree with literally everything you posted.

"I could create my own clan today and be in the top 3 within a week..."

oh. 

Edited by Dox17, 08 June 2018 - 8:42 AM.

9xMzqdN.gif

0sj0La8.gif

Original DI Join Date: March 4th, 2006, 12:51 PM | LccAhzq.png

Spoiler

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: