We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

Your views on the current state of clan world

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#21 jax

jax

• Rating: < -5 | -4 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Reign of Terror

Posted 07 June 2018 - 12:27 AM

grrr i just hate rot for killing me clan

maybe - mods

stop deleting my posts mods

#22 Stl Arrow

Stl Arrow

War is not about who is right, Its about who is left

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Stl Arrow
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 07 June 2018 - 12:27 AM

Honestly? This is one of the worst states the clan world has been in and I have little faith in the clan world being able to bounce back due to lack of care from both Jagex towards clans/clan communities, or even with us as the current gamers in the clan world. I have been around since 06, watching, observing up until 08, and right now, the type of community we have built for others to even consider joining: is disgusting. Some of us are good people, able to help others integrate into communities, adapt to the F2P (or P2P) way of life, but for the majority of others; we have created this community where egotistic, borderline obsessive egos, have taken hindsight and thus the negativity some have caused have turned many others, and I mean a lot of players, away from the potential possibility in joining a clan. To be even more critical, I think at this point those not involved in our type of competitive community would prefer joining a PvM and Social clan, rather than a PvP/competitive one.

My view might be harsh and some might take it whatever way they want, but it's the truth. Some of us as a collective unit have turned what was potentially a nostalgic opportunity in regards to the clanning community, into a place where there will be nothing of nostalgia or a clanning community in the coming years. To steer away from the harshness of the truth, we as players can only do so much to make better of what is left. Can we broaden people's perspectives and try to get people to give clanning a shot - simply, yes. But the question is whether or not we care enough, or have the actual ability to do so. Most of us are older, with responsibilities, or simply do not care enough anymore. Personally, I have moved onto other games, but I feel like if we all had or have the time to put a better outlook on our clan world, we would be able to develop an influx of people. If we were to have more support from Jagex, let's say, other than the [overdue] Jagex Cup and had some spotlight on the competitiveness whether P2P or F2P, people would have a better view and be instantly attracted. If we as players were to better support what we play, in terms of the egos, negativity, whatever, then maybe others wouldn't be so cautious in joining our community.

Tl;dr - a community is what it is made of. From administration to the people within.

Couldn't have been better said.

#23 ry0

ry0

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >
  • RS Name:ryo
  • Clan:DK/ infamous/

Posted 07 June 2018 - 1:11 AM

Dk is out here fighting in frontline everydays sometimes 4vs1
We are keeping the wilderness alive at rev caves unlike other clans who only pk for 20 minutes and quit
We pked 5 hours everydays and will keep on doing it

#24 Vio

Vio

The Chaosrider

Posted 07 June 2018 - 1:23 AM

Curious, what are everybody's views on the current state of the clan world and how it got to its current position?

To be honest I'm pretty happy with it.

By the end of 2013 we had all mutually agreed that OSRS couldn't last, and made the decision to just burn through it and have as much fun as possible while we can.

Remember in mid 2014 how we were basically down to 5 clans - RoT, DI, DF, AF and VR?

I think very few of us predicted that over 5 years later, we'd still be thriving as well as we are.

We're seeing a lot of new blood like Avalon, Turmoil and Veng - some of which are solid top contenders like CT and PD.

The clan world isn't quite as healthy as it was in the glory days, but we're certainly a lot better than we were pre-OSRS.

Lack of new members?

That's our biggest issue I think - the divide between PvP and other types of players seems more prominent than ever.

Since crashwars started in 2007, there have always been issues like elitism that hinder new blood coming into the clan world.

Still, if WG can pull between 5 and 15 and have fun, I don't think numbers is a major issue - but it's certainly something we should start to consider.

Skilling too tempting with how easy its becoming?

Don't really see how this affects PvP.

Duriel321?

Is he even still alive

Has the clan world gotten too aggressive in response to trying to keep their members active and engaged?

That sort of elitism - the desire to be the absolute best without stopping to enjoy having the game from our childhood back was one of the reasons I lost interest in 2014-2016ish.

In my personal case, WG's stance as a casual clan is pretty much exactly what I needed to come back.

I'd love to see new clans opening who would take a similar approach - don't worry about trying to make a clan that can last hours against RoT.

Just grab a few members, go out in the rev caves, make some bank and have fun!

And hit us up for some fights while you're at it :thumbsup:

Posted Image

EOS callers rental rate is 500m per hour. #RSEOS if interested.

DG Keanu was free and lead us to victory, re-evaluate how important you think you are.

#25 Kylet

Kylet

Posted 07 June 2018 - 1:32 AM

Jaja is out everyday. Making $$$, sorry for taking DK and Rev out the wilderness everyone :/

Jaja's head RSC ambassador. 

#26 Kap_Jr

Kap_Jr

Posted 07 June 2018 - 1:46 AM

Half the people in this thread crying about the clan world being dead literally never leave cwa lmfao.

Want to see how active the clan world is? PK daily, fight what you find even if you lose, do DMM, and go single every now and then.

There is no comparing the wilderness this summer to what it was last summer, if you can't see the growth then its because you are actually trying not to see it. Last summer the only other clans we ran into on a regular basis were jaja and sometimes rot. We had basically no fights last summer outside of these two clans and both of them are more active now than they were then. This summer we see 6-8 different clans on a daily basis and some days we have as many as 4 fights in a day. The zerk scene is growing, the main scene is growing, and the rise of these new open ccs brings more action and more and more people into the clan scene. Legit half of you sound like some crusty old MFers in a retirement home just looking for things to be unhappy about, try getting out of clan wars every now and then.

oLwjUM2.png

#27 Venenatis

Venenatis

Order of the White Lotus

Posted 07 June 2018 - 1:55 AM

I think saying 'clan world is dead' is just kind of a cop out for lazy leadership or leadership that has maybe made mistakes and gotten into the wrong rivalries or maybe too many rivalries.  

Pretty much this.

Vanguard is active as hell, imo old clans are dying out and new clans with better mindsets will rise from the ashes. 

#28 Jediluke

Jediluke

• RS Name:Jedi Luke

Posted 07 June 2018 - 2:02 AM

I think saying 'clan world is dead' is just kind of a cop out for lazy leadership or leadership that has maybe made mistakes and gotten into the wrong rivalries or maybe too many rivalries.

Pretty much this.

Vanguard is active as hell, imo old clans are dying out and new clans with better mindsets will rise from the ashes.
if you really think the clan world is really inactive right now, maybe you're just in the wrong clan.

FVT74eC.gif

#29 lorenzo_lobster

lorenzo_lobster

• Rating: < -5 | -1 | +5 >
  • RS Name:lorenzo2012
  • Clan:lobsters

Posted 07 June 2018 - 2:09 AM

people/clans who take stuff out of game is detrimental to the longevity of the clan world

Ex-Member of Damage Incorporated (1993-1996)

Ex-Member of Dark Slayers (1997-1999)

Ex-Officer of Runescape Dinasty (1999-2002)

PK Leader of Lobster Clan (2002-current)

☠Lobsters of Runescape

​CLANS LOBSTERS CLOSED

solace

tko blitz

ronin

proximity

reapers of runescape

#30 B0rntowildy

B0rntowildy

• RS Name:B0rntowildy

Posted 07 June 2018 - 2:29 AM

This may be the worst point its been tbh. Every wildy fight lasts 5mins, no CWA action with rival clans happen, & excuses after excuses are given for reasons not to fight.

There barely is still a clan world at this point lmao

If people weren't so addicted to the game then even more of the clan world community would be gone.

Sorry, but I completely disagree.  Nothing directed at you personally but I feel a lot of clan's leaderships are just lazy.  If the clan world feels dead then you're doing something wrong.  

Cutthroat is probably out 6-8 hours a day and while we may encounter an occasional dead wilderness our days are for the most part action packed.  A typical day for us is something like:

• Aussie pk anywhere from 2-7 AM EST - this usually involves scrapping with streamers, CL, or Ibliys (open cc that can pull ~20-30ish on good nights)
  • If we have a midday event then someone will usually host a single pk or a smallman around 11 AM EST
  • Midday Event (3-6 EST) usually something like an hour capped fight, or single spells, or CWA (RSB, F2P, P2P)
  • Late EST PK (~8 EST) usually just a hop around trip clearing out caves

Add some community events, pvm competitions, or other prize based activities and it's pretty much a packed schedule.  I'll grant that there are less clans so in terms of wilderness you might scrap with the same people quite a bit but you can definitely put some effort in to set up some fun/interesting events.  Cutthroat has pretty much offered to AC for just about anyone.  I think saying 'clan world is dead' is just kind of a cop out for lazy leadership or leadership that has maybe made mistakes and gotten into the wrong rivalries or maybe too many rivalries.  Not saying everything is always perfect in Cutthroat and that we never find a day when wildy is dead but things actually feel much more active this summer than they did this time last year.  

Ah yes having meaningless 20 man fights with RSB teams...clan world so prosperous! 

#31 ry0

ry0

• RS Name:ryo
  • Clan:DK/ infamous/

Posted 07 June 2018 - 2:39 AM

War dk?

#32 DULL123

DULL123

• RS Name:DULL
  • Team:Martians

Posted 07 June 2018 - 3:06 AM

Eop is and will always be #1

Anyone else is irrelevant

#33 Evf

Evf

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Etotama
  • Clan:less

Posted 07 June 2018 - 3:11 AM

dead and gone

#FreePkPete

#34 Vio

Vio

The Chaosrider

Posted 07 June 2018 - 3:25 AM

Ah yes having meaningless 20 man fights with RSB teams...clan world so prosperous!

My bwana b0rntowildy, what clan u in these days? None? Join WG?

If you're in a top clan, then fight other top clans - or pull out some BGSs and hit the RSB teams for some +1s or something.

There's nothing wrong with the lower ranks in the food chain existing - the rev cave would be dead if there weren't PvMers there in every world for solo pkers and small teams to kill for decent loot.

Likewise, the mid-sized clans like us go out to hunt them, the bigger ones go out to hunt us, etc etc.

Small fish are necessary for bigger fish to survive.

Posted Image

EOS callers rental rate is 500m per hour. #RSEOS if interested.

DG Keanu was free and lead us to victory, re-evaluate how important you think you are.

#35 Gladias

Gladias

Posted 07 June 2018 - 4:07 AM

Rot is and will always be #1

How can anyone else be irrelevant if without anyone else there's no clan world for you to kill?  :lmao:

di was especially irrelevant 

Rot is and will always be #1

How can anyone else be irrelevant if without anyone else there's no clan world for you to kill?  :lmao:

di was especially irrelevant 

btw did u just admit that rot killed ur clan lmao?

rMxqzZr.gif

mMknUZz.gif

Reign of Terror

53BYxRx.png wE3ljd3.png HpSOmbx.png 5xsyE2K.png

#36 ZLAT

ZLAT

Five Star General; Frontline Veteran

• RS Name:Zlat
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 07 June 2018 - 4:31 AM

shame other clans are unable to compete with RoT, they would rather close or hide in the chasm of despair.

8SVS0ls.png
e7cc389d18.png

#37 Gw2

Gw2

#1 Uncapped

• RS Name:Gw2
  • Clan:Kill Orgy

Posted 07 June 2018 - 7:05 AM

If we compare the clan world to what it was pre eoc, of course it looks dead. Nothing stays the same, times have changed. If we compare it to what it was a year ago, i think it has actually grown. We've seen the rise of new smaller teams/clans, and also the death of older known clans.

Just having a quick glimpse at the fight topics made recently, to me it looks like more topics have been posted recently, then what was posted a year ago. To me it looks like clans/teams are having more pk trips, then what they used to be.

The issue i have is, certain clans refuse to fight other clans, for whatever reason. They should be fighting other clans, having fun, whilst improving themselves. Pk trips are good and all, but you need to have that competitiveness, the want to beat the competition. To me, it seems like clans are afraid to challenge themselves. If it seems unlikely they will win a fight, or if they dont have some form of advantage, they wont fight. I feel like this has been an ongoing theme since 07 came out, i honestly dont remember clans being afraid to fight each other in the pre eoc era, not for such a prolonged time anyway. 

Honestly, we dont know how much longer this clan world community will last for, take advantage of it while you still can and set up some dam fights with other clans! Who cares if winning is unlikely, just enjoy it and have some fun!

33d9pcg.gif

jfhEkGR.gif
WpeoD.png

#38 Alltra

Alltra

Posted 07 June 2018 - 7:19 AM

dk wins again

Leader of The Kings

Leader of Divine Kings

Warlord of Violent Resolution

Killer of Pure Hatred & Poison

#39 oWub

oWub

• Rating: < -5 | -4 | +5 >

Posted 07 June 2018 - 12:41 PM

Lazy/garbage leaders hold clans back. The clans still stuck in doing 1 style of events, be it f2p cwa/p2p cwa ect deserve to die imho. If your clan depends on other clans for fights/activity in 2018 just lmfao kys

big. most of the clans that are alive right now are worried about alliances saving their clan (because someone hurt their feelings) rather than trying to stand on their own. the world has changed, feelings matter now.

another thing is pride. people worry to much about their pride on this old ass game rather than having fun. add in the lack of wildy updates, propaganda topics on zybez, and you get what we have today.

unless you harass a clan day by day in game and out of game, that's the only way you will end a rival nowadays. there is no clear winner in a wildy fight unless you outlast the other clan and we have to many priorities in our life now to do this.

we need to take over the clan world with love instead of hate

maga

r                           

a              

d              

i

c          

a

L

make clanning great again

srSjoUg.png

#40 Crest227

Crest227

• RS Name:Crest227
  • Clan:Minty
  • Team:Fresh

Posted 07 June 2018 - 12:58 PM

If you enjoy P2P pking, it's pretty good.

I guess Crest had the last laugh after all. In a fight with Dfall he said something along the lines "How long till you leave 'The' "

It's not blind trust. In order to get the moderator rank, you need to show your loyalty to RSC by working for years as a CL, and you need to prove your trustworthiness in that time. Think of CD staff as a clan in and of itself: who do you think a moderator would be more loyal to, the clan they were in for a few weeks (or literally just joined), or the clan they worked hard in for years? To assume a moderator would throw all his hard work away just to impress his new buddies is absurd.

If you still are concerned, then use a proxy just like you would do if you visited a rival clan's board, but I and the entire admin staff are 100% confident our moderators do not and will not leak IPs.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: