We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

Your views on the current state of clan world

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#1 Kill_Kill110

Kill_Kill110

• RS Name:Number 6 6 6
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 06 June 2018 - 07:23 PM

Curious, what are everybody's views on the current state of the clan world and how it got to its current position?
Lack of new members?
Skilling too tempting with how easy its becoming?

Duriel321?

Has the clan world gotten too aggressive in response to trying to keep their members active and engaged?

Thoughts/comments/flames?

2uppzbn.png

#2 Gladias

Gladias

Posted 06 June 2018 - 07:40 PM

Rot is and will always be #1

Anyone else is irrelevant

rMxqzZr.gif

mMknUZz.gif

Reign of Terror

53BYxRx.png wE3ljd3.png HpSOmbx.png 5xsyE2K.png

#3 D96

D96

dee nine sex

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:07 PM

POPULAR

Rot is and will always be #1

Anyone else is irrelevant

How can anyone else be irrelevant if without anyone else there's no clan world for you to kill?  :lmao:

0nFQYiF.gif

#4 Howl

Howl

• RS Name:H0w1
  • Clan:Retired

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:27 PM

Pretty sad to see the clan world dwindling while the game is growing as a whole, but the clan world has been "dying" since 2007. It'll always be around in some form, just not to the extent that it was/could be.

I think the people who used to populate the clan world are both too busy and don't want to deal with ****.

Also, it's sad to see the majority of the clan fight posts be pking trips.

Edited by Howl, 06 June 2018 - 08:28 PM.

One word, unbelievable

#5 jajathroat

jajathroat

smallman pk ender

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:28 PM

cant w8 for the next dox war

?

Nop. That is in the discord picture dump from today. We collect pictures to warn members on what can how they can improve, in this case he was in mystic and not switching to his tank gear and kept smiting.

Still does not erase the fact you got bullied into single today for the 2nd time.

#6 Itaichimaru

Itaichimaru

Puertorriqueño

• Clan:Terror

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:43 PM

RoT is the clan world and I'd say we're doing fine. 

Reign of Terror

53BYxRx.png wE3ljd3.png HpSOmbx.png 5xsyE2K.png

rMxqzZr.gif

mMknUZz.gif

#7 Trainer Red

Trainer Red

The Incorruptible Future Moderator of Clan Discussion/Fights

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:57 PM

CT is slowly expanding into f2p, hopefully that brings more action to everyone else!

6nCgDXI.png

The way of the bolt Ragger

#8 Dox17

Dox17

Verified ✓

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:02 PM

could be a lot better. hoping mobile brings in lots of fresh faces

9xMzqdN.gif

0sj0La8.gif

Original DI Join Date: March 4th, 2006, 12:51 PM | LccAhzq.png

Spoiler

#9 S3NS3S

S3NS3S

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:14 PM

clan world be better if there was another clan to rival rot with another sick crash war. now its boring lol. 

#10 Mug Lmfao

Mug Lmfao

• RS Status:Inactive

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:21 PM

meh, get what action u can and enjoy it.

#11 unbiased observer

unbiased observer

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:41 PM

clan world be better if there was another clan to rival rot with another sick crash war. now its boring lol. 

pretty much this, even af at their lowest was twice as good as di at their best

eos brut vr af df sv di

#12 Stl Arrow

Stl Arrow

War is not about who is right, Its about who is left

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:47 PM

This may be the worst point its been tbh. Every wildy fight lasts 5mins, no CWA action with rival clans happen, & excuses after excuses are given for reasons not to fight.

There barely is still a clan world at this point lmao

If people weren't so addicted to the game then even more of the clan world community would be gone.

Edited by Stl Arrow, 06 June 2018 - 09:47 PM.

Posted Image

#13 KingTheGreat

KingTheGreat

=The Grim Reaper=

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:02 PM

This may be the worst point its been tbh. Every wildy fight lasts 5mins, no CWA action with rival clans happen, & excuses after excuses are given for reasons not to fight.

If people weren't so addicted to the game then even more of the clan world community would be gone.

Pretty much this and the fact that people will try so hard to make this game unenjoyable for others or take it out of game.  :woeh:

☠Reapers of Runescape: Forums Twitter Youtube

Posted Image

☠☠☠Founder of Reapers of Runescape: Twitter Twitch

#14 Kingg Gucci

Kingg Gucci

The King

• RS Name:K1nggGucci
  • Clan:V2R

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:12 PM

Believe in mother vR
149t7j6.gif. http://www.vr-rs.com/forums/

ᵀʰᶦˢ ᶦˢ ˢᵒ ˢᵐᵃᶫᶫ ᵗᵒ ʳᵉᵃᵈ ᵉᵛᵉᶰ ᶠᵒʳ ʸᵒᵘ ᵇʳᵒ⋅ ᴰᵒᶰᵗ ᵗʳʸ ᵗᵒ ᶜᵒᶰᵗᶦᶰᵘᵉ ʳᵉᵃᵈᶦᶰᵍ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵇᵉᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵉʸᵉˢ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ˢᵗᵃʳᵗ ᵗᵒ ʰᵘʳᵗ ˢᵒᵒᶰ ᶦᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᵈᵒᶰᵗ ˢᵗᵒᵖ⋅ ᵂʰʸ ᵈᵒᶰᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵗᵒᵖ﹖ ⋅⋅⋅⋅ᵍᵒ ᵃʷᵃʸ ᵇʳᵒ ᵃᶰᵈ ʳᵉᵃᵈ ᵗʰᵉ ᶰᵉˣᵗ ᶜᵒᵐᵐᵉᶰᵗ⋅ ˢᵗᵒᵖ ʳᵉᵃᵈᶦᶰᵍ ᵃᶫʳᵉᵃᵈʸ﹗ ᴵ ˢᵉᵉ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵈᵒᶰᵗ ʷᵃᶰᶰᵃ ᵍᶦᵛᵉ ᵘᵖ ʳᵉᵃᵈᶦᶰᵍ﹖⋅⋅⋅ʷᵉᶫᶫ ᵒᵏ, ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵒᶰ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵗᶦᵐᵉ, ᵇᵘᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ˢʰᵒᵘᶫᵈ ᵍᶦᵛᵉ ᵐᵉ ᵃ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᶠᵒʳ ʷᵃˢᵗᶦᶰᵍ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵗᶦᵐᵉ..

#15 Christy

Christy

UNC Official

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:22 PM

Sorry, but I completely disagree.  Nothing directed at you personally but I feel a lot of clan's leaderships are just lazy.  If the clan world feels dead then you're doing something wrong.  

Cutthroat is probably out 6-8 hours a day and while we may encounter an occasional dead wilderness our days are for the most part action packed.  A typical day for us is something like:

• Aussie pk anywhere from 2-7 AM EST - this usually involves scrapping with streamers, CL, or Ibliys (open cc that can pull ~20-30ish on good nights)
  • If we have a midday event then someone will usually host a single pk or a smallman around 11 AM EST
  • Midday Event (3-6 EST) usually something like an hour capped fight, or single spells, or CWA (RSB, F2P, P2P)
  • Late EST PK (~8 EST) usually just a hop around trip clearing out caves

Add some community events, pvm competitions, or other prize based activities and it's pretty much a packed schedule.  I'll grant that there are less clans so in terms of wilderness you might scrap with the same people quite a bit but you can definitely put some effort in to set up some fun/interesting events.  Cutthroat has pretty much offered to AC for just about anyone.  I think saying 'clan world is dead' is just kind of a cop out for lazy leadership or leadership that has maybe made mistakes and gotten into the wrong rivalries or maybe too many rivalries.  Not saying everything is always perfect in Cutthroat and that we never find a day when wildy is dead but things actually feel much more active this summer than they did this time last year.  

fQMqOsv.gif

#16 .Ravose.

.Ravose.

• RS Status:Member
  • Clan:The Rising

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:31 PM

Honestly? This is one of the worst states the clan world has been in and I have little faith in the clan world being able to bounce back due to lack of care from both Jagex towards clans/clan communities, or even with us as the current gamers in the clan world. I have been around since 06, watching, observing up until 08, and right now, the type of community we have built for others to even consider joining: is disgusting. Some of us are good people, able to help others integrate into communities, adapt to the F2P (or P2P) way of life, but for the majority of others; we have created this community where egotistic, borderline obsessive egos, have taken hindsight and thus the negativity some have caused have turned many others, and I mean a lot of players, away from the potential possibility in joining a clan. To be even more critical, I think at this point those not involved in our type of competitive community would prefer joining a PvM and Social clan, rather than a PvP/competitive one.

My view might be harsh and some might take it whatever way they want, but it's the truth. Some of us as a collective unit have turned what was potentially a nostalgic opportunity in regards to the clanning community, into a place where there will be nothing of nostalgia or a clanning community in the coming years. To steer away from the harshness of the truth, we as players can only do so much to make better of what is left. Can we broaden people's perspectives and try to get people to give clanning a shot - simply, yes. But the question is whether or not we care enough, or have the actual ability to do so. Most of us are older, with responsibilities, or simply do not care enough anymore. Personally, I have moved onto other games, but I feel like if we all had or have the time to put a better outlook on our clan world, we would be able to develop an influx of people. If we were to have more support from Jagex, let's say, other than the [overdue] Jagex Cup and had some spotlight on the competitiveness whether P2P or F2P, people would have a better view and be instantly attracted. If we as players were to better support what we play, in terms of the egos, negativity, whatever, then maybe others wouldn't be so cautious in joining our community.

Tl;dr - a community is what it is made of. From administration to the people within.

#17 Ace

Ace

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:00 PM

It's a state of mind at this point.

Yeah, we have less clans now, and yes those clans that are open have less activity now, but for the most part you can make activity if you really desire to. I don't think the desire is there anymore though. The clanning community itself feels almost unwelcoming these days and for a lot of people fights and pk trips seem like some sort of chore that people only put themselves through every so often so they can keep their status as a pvp clan.

#18 Fremennik

Fremennik

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:10 PM

1) clanning is toxic

2) The cycle is broken

Their isn't enough flow of new and old people to keep the clan world healthy. The gap between clans grows each month. Rot has taken #1 and literally some sort of cataclysmic inner clan meltdown would be the only thing that could dethrone them. Then you have Rev and CT and JaJa (puppet masters) but after that the gap grows so much that it's hard to find action that is close to your clans level. Generally fights seem to be incredibly one sided once you look past the smoke and mirrors.

tl;dr not enough clans to feed off of to grow yours/not enough clans or members to have a true rival (closest thing to true rivalry is rev/cutthroat)

Your signature has been removed because it was breaking the rules of this community. It was too big (either too wide or too tall) and/or its file-size was too large. To find out more, please see our signature and avatar rules. If you need any help, feel free to contact me. Thanks, Magick.

#19 knight_cripp

knight_cripp

• RS Name:knight_crip

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:18 PM

blame rot 

#20 Stl Arrow

Stl Arrow

War is not about who is right, Its about who is left

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:24 PM

Sorry, but I completely disagree.  Nothing directed at you personally but I feel a lot of clan's leaderships are just lazy.  If the clan world feels dead then you're doing something wrong.  

Cutthroat is probably out 6-8 hours a day and while we may encounter an occasional dead wilderness our days are for the most part action packed.  A typical day for us is something like:

• Aussie pk anywhere from 2-7 AM EST - this usually involves scrapping with streamers, CL, or Ibliys (open cc that can pull ~20-30ish on good nights)
  • If we have a midday event then someone will usually host a single pk or a smallman around 11 AM EST
  • Midday Event (3-6 EST) usually something like an hour capped fight, or single spells, or CWA (RSB, F2P, P2P)
  • Late EST PK (~8 EST) usually just a hop around trip clearing out caves

Add some community events, pvm competitions, or other prize based activities and it's pretty much a packed schedule.  I'll grant that there are less clans so in terms of wilderness you might scrap with the same people quite a bit but you can definitely put some effort in to set up some fun/interesting events.  Cutthroat has pretty much offered to AC for just about anyone.  I think saying 'clan world is dead' is just kind of a cop out for lazy leadership or leadership that has maybe made mistakes and gotten into the wrong rivalries or maybe too many rivalries.  Not saying everything is always perfect in Cutthroat and that we never find a day when wildy is dead but things actually feel much more active this summer than they did this time last year.  

At the end of the day like you said its just lazy leadership. People get bored of doing the same thing everyday, aka walking around revs and killing a few teams here and there and tellying out from clans larger then them. Ive always admired CT because you guys do things to change up the typical day in a PvP based clan by doing community oriented things to either gain money or build an actual core community. Problem is your the ones only really doing that consistently & people not a part of ur clan obviously don't get the same enjoyment you do, which makes my point more valid as far as how the state of the clan world really is at its worst rn. Just because you go out as much as you say doesn't mean you always have enjoyable scraps especially clans in crashwars with others. You say it seems more active this summer compared to last because CT is in a better state now then they were a year prior to now for many different reasons, which makes sense for you to think that, but the fact that you guys are more active & are actually doing good doesnt mean the clanworld still isnt dead. Again idk if everything im saying is accurate as I don't fight with or against your clan ever but from an outsiders PoV that's just how I see it.

At this point I feel like being in strictly a community clan would be more entertaining then a PvP based one if surrounded by the right people, but that's just me.

Edited by Stl Arrow, 07 June 2018 - 01:10 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: