We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

Other Games?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Wack Sparrow

Wack Sparrow

Don't Have One

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Wack Sparrow
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Ronin

Posted 28 May 2018 - 7:51 PM

How has other Games affected your clan? Throughout the years there have been many games in which people have huddled into a TS channel and eventually left RS. World of Warcraft was the first game and then league was the next great game to take over. Finally, league was dethroned and Pubg/Fortnite took over. I really shouldn't say people quit but if anything it kept communities together. What is your opinion on other Games?
I don't care. I just don't care E#

Posted Image

#2 lorenzo_lobster

lorenzo_lobster

• Rating: < -5 | -1 | +5 >
  • RS Name:lorenzo2012
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:lobsters

Posted 28 May 2018 - 7:54 PM

the Lobster's weekly meet up to play twister has been very detrimental to clan activity

Ex-Member of Damage Incorporated (1993-1996)

Ex-Member of Dark Slayers (1997-1999)

Ex-Officer of Runescape Dinasty (1999-2002)

PK Leader of Lobster Clan (2002-current)

☠Lobsters of Runescape

​CLANS LOBSTERS CLOSED

solace

tko blitz

ronin

proximity

reapers of runescape

#3 Stl Arrow

Stl Arrow

War is not about who is right, Its about who is left

• RS Name:Stl Arrow
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 28 May 2018 - 7:57 PM

Although other games can keep communities together to say the least not the entire community stays. Most people join runescape teams and clans to play runescape not to play other games. Personally if i want to play games other then runescape I dont see myself playing with clan mates from runescape unless the games are PC related, but that's just me.

#4 Torreoria

Torreoria

UNC Official

Posted 28 May 2018 - 8:40 PM

The clanning community used to have a game-within-the-game but it is long gone and replaced with a new game of close-the-other-clan and also how-to-make-a-living-off-of-Scape.

more on topic: It's not unlike a movie night or vacation. Even Jagex says it's good to take a break. If the clan is strong, it will get through a storm.

#5 Tres Uno Dos

Tres Uno Dos

Un****wittable

Posted 28 May 2018 - 8:51 PM

one game that has affecte my clan would be Pictionary. There were times where we’d go out and search for our rivals but every time that happened we were told that they’re not going out to PK but instead play Pictionary. Because of this my clan became sad.

Cutthroat Advisor | Seals Member | Silent Ember Member | Martians Member

8751c6a285582ab7af8a01828e4d1d4f.gif

#6 KingTheGreat

KingTheGreat

=The Grim Reaper=

Posted 29 May 2018 - 1:35 AM

I personally think it keeps people entertained everyone needs a break once in awhile from RS

☠Reapers of Runescape: Forums Twitter Youtube

Posted Image

☠☠☠Founder of Reapers of Runescape: Twitter Twitch

#7 Fremennik

Fremennik

Posted 29 May 2018 - 7:02 AM

i personally go to addictinggames.com for all of my sick gaming pleasures

Your signature has been removed because it was breaking the rules of this community. It was too big (either too wide or too tall) and/or its file-size was too large. To find out more, please see our signature and avatar rules. If you need any help, feel free to contact me. Thanks, Magick.

#8 bball

bball

Posted 29 May 2018 - 8:24 AM

I think the reason people have always played other games is partially because RS is too RNG dependent of a game but also because there is nowhere to find small, competitive action. 

If you & a couple buddies want to play a quick competitive game together, you can't play RS. You can play Fortnite or League or dozens of other games but on RS you need a large group of people to do anything competitive on RS and even then it's not a true testament of skill. It's never been about who is actually the best or the most skilled but rather about who has the most people online or who is willing to play longer. Can you imagine if the winner of League or Fortnite was decided that way? What an absurd metric to determine who is the winner. 

Will that ever change? Time will tell. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 Kingg Gucci

Kingg Gucci

The King

• Rating: < -5 | -3 | +5 >
  • RS Name:K1nggGucci
  • Clan:V2R

Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:30 AM

V2R still the #1 on WoW/LoL/Fortnite
149t7j6.gif. http://www.vr-rs.com/forums/

ᵀʰᶦˢ ᶦˢ ˢᵒ ˢᵐᵃᶫᶫ ᵗᵒ ʳᵉᵃᵈ ᵉᵛᵉᶰ ᶠᵒʳ ʸᵒᵘ ᵇʳᵒ⋅ ᴰᵒᶰᵗ ᵗʳʸ ᵗᵒ ᶜᵒᶰᵗᶦᶰᵘᵉ ʳᵉᵃᵈᶦᶰᵍ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵇᵉᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵉʸᵉˢ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ˢᵗᵃʳᵗ ᵗᵒ ʰᵘʳᵗ ˢᵒᵒᶰ ᶦᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᵈᵒᶰᵗ ˢᵗᵒᵖ⋅ ᵂʰʸ ᵈᵒᶰᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵗᵒᵖ﹖ ⋅⋅⋅⋅ᵍᵒ ᵃʷᵃʸ ᵇʳᵒ ᵃᶰᵈ ʳᵉᵃᵈ ᵗʰᵉ ᶰᵉˣᵗ ᶜᵒᵐᵐᵉᶰᵗ⋅ ˢᵗᵒᵖ ʳᵉᵃᵈᶦᶰᵍ ᵃᶫʳᵉᵃᵈʸ﹗ ᴵ ˢᵉᵉ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵈᵒᶰᵗ ʷᵃᶰᶰᵃ ᵍᶦᵛᵉ ᵘᵖ ʳᵉᵃᵈᶦᶰᵍ﹖⋅⋅⋅ʷᵉᶫᶫ ᵒᵏ, ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵒᶰ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵗᶦᵐᵉ, ᵇᵘᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ˢʰᵒᵘᶫᵈ ᵍᶦᵛᵉ ᵐᵉ ᵃ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᶠᵒʳ ʷᵃˢᵗᶦᶰᵍ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵗᶦᵐᵉ..

#10 Dox17

Dox17

Verified ✓

• Rating: < -5 | 2 | +5 >
  • Team:Damage Inc.

Posted 29 May 2018 - 2:06 PM

curvefever killed my clan

9xMzqdN.gif

0sj0La8.gif

Original DI Join Date: March 4th, 2006, 12:51 PM | LccAhzq.png

Spoiler

#11 GREEN_OVER_PURPLE

GREEN_OVER_PURPLE

I KILLED SV l0l

Posted 29 May 2018 - 2:24 PM

I closed SV’s tagpro team

?

Nop. That is in the discord picture dump from today. We collect pictures to warn members on what can how they can improve, in this case he was in mystic and not switching to his tank gear and kept smiting.

Still does not erase the fact you got bullied into single today for the 2nd time.

#12 Ace

Ace

• Clan:Renegades Fan Club

Posted 29 May 2018 - 3:04 PM

It always feels like I'm playing whatever my clan isn't. If I'm actually playing osrs then I know my clan's cc will be empty and it'll be pretty much just me usually. 

#13 ZLAT

ZLAT

Five Star General; Frontline Veteran

• Rating: < -5 | -1 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Zlat
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Reign of Terror

Posted 29 May 2018 - 4:26 PM

aoe ?

8SVS0ls.png
e7cc389d18.png

#14 Rams

Rams

Posted 30 May 2018 - 6:41 PM

So long as they're willing to drop w/e they're doing if you get into a fight then who cares

Leader of Sovereign

Warlord of Clan Europe

17Ku6OX.png

0sj0La8.gif

RYaBSD4.png

03LAfZP.png

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: