We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

Oh My Di

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Wack Sparrow

Wack Sparrow

Don't Have One

• RS Name:Wack Sparrow
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Ronin

Posted 28 May 2018 - 06:45 PM

With Di closing, what will their members do? Is F2P officially dead or will we see a rejuvenated CWA? Honestly, I do not know but it was nice to see their final fight from luck. I see little benefit for them closing but can a few teams arise? What do you think?
I don't care. I just don't care E#

Posted Image

#2 Stl Arrow

Stl Arrow

War is not about who is right, Its about who is left

Posted 28 May 2018 - 06:55 PM

Would be nice to see some of there members open another clan rather then mass join what clans there already are, but very doubtful. DI rarely pk'd atleast to my knowledge so yes another clan closing is pretty bad for the clan world, but I dont see this impacting it nearly as much as others may think. 

Posted Image

#3 Howl

Howl

• RS Name:H0w1
  • Clan:Retired

Posted 28 May 2018 - 06:58 PM

I don't see f2p making much of a comeback anytime soon, there's no reason for organic action and clean fights don't happen often. It will always be around in some form, but for now p2p is king.

I think most people would like DI members to stay in the clan world, if for no other reason than the numbers.

One word, unbelievable

#4 Torreoria

Torreoria

UNC Official

Posted 28 May 2018 - 07:00 PM

We need content and improvements, not more PvP versions to divide us. We need more clans, not more clans closing nor clans trying to close each other.

http://zt-rs.com fc: ZT Lobby SwiftIRC: #zt-lobby

#5 Mayday

Mayday

• Clan:Cutthroat
  • Team:Seals

Posted 28 May 2018 - 08:32 PM

F2p is dead unfortunately, I personally like f2p but it is what it is. Times have changed and players lost interest.

#6 despeers

despeers

• RS Status:Free
  • Clan:Jaja
  • Team:Tr/SE/EoP

Posted 28 May 2018 - 08:38 PM

They should join renegade, there solid new, and do both f2p and p2p

4f8p9pw.png

Pking since 2006 and still slaying, check us out http://jaja-rs.com/community/

#7 jCKY

jCKY

Shing Shong

Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:22 PM

a select few should join rot

most should join ct / rev 

commence p2p battles 

Edited by jCKY, 28 May 2018 - 09:22 PM.

6woKVVH.gif

2n65a1e.jpg

12 years active with The Titans, Reign of Terror, 3v0lution_X & various stints in other communities.

Retired for good  :hi: 

#8 Haru

Haru

Be Not Afraid.

Posted 28 May 2018 - 10:19 PM

Make VR Great Again (like in 2009?).

vpTCmIp.png

Most Active, Hated, and Controversial Clan

Echo of Silence since September 2009

#9 Ales*

Ales*

Simply the best

Posted 28 May 2018 - 11:06 PM

More like rot forced di to close and it was Rot vs DI+Fools+Frontline+DF (we won btw ...as always :king:)

Edited by Fire Hawk154, 29 May 2018 - 01:39 AM.
Don't change clan initials

4KjuR0Q.png

#10 D96

D96

dee nine sex

Posted 28 May 2018 - 11:34 PM

Was a good run and an enjoyable fight for the first hour or so. Sadly I don't think we'll ever see F2P going back to what it once was or even close to that, guess the clan world will stick to P2P for as long as it lasts anyway. The clan world have been decreasing for years now and the saddest part about it is that this time we killed clanning ourselves, wasn't even about Jagex with bad updates or w/e

0nFQYiF.gif

#11 Lavigne

Lavigne

Posted 28 May 2018 - 11:54 PM

what will their members do? Is F2P officially dead or will we see a rejuvenated CWA? Honestly, I do not know but it was nice to see their final fight from luck. I see little benefit for them closing but can a few teams arise? What do you think?

I think Vanguard will appeal to lot of their members. Minimal beef/out of the spotlight for maximum enjoyment and sense of community. Many members had friendly links to DF whilst hostile ones with RoT so a couple will go there, and maybe a few will scatter into miscellaneous PvP teams. A couple will almost inevitably go to RoT - likely the members that have come from Spartans V2 or Silent Ember. 

As a majority though I think many will quit the game. In a clan like DI most people didn't really play the game much anyway and those that did, did so for DI, it's hard to motivate yourself to play for another clan especially if you've been DI for a while; some of their members don't know anything else, it took me by surprise for example when Bow chose not to stay and went to Vanguard where he's now Co-Leader or something. When Downfall + the remake died for me I quit the little bit of the game I still played because I just don't see the point of solo play in OSRS and I only came back for this reincarnation (Renegades), else I still wouldn't play. 

F2P has been dead for years, when I joined DI in 2015 we had 3 F2P fights a week, and Sunday fights were of reasonable size (60-90 v the sameish) - yet even pre-EoC that kind of pull was bordering on midsize lol. By the end of 2015 we weren't getting anywhere close to that and were lucky to have a fight two Sundays a month, no midweeks. It'll never be the same again because clans are childish despite the fact we're all grown adults now (except Zaza) and the playerbase is no longer there. Every clan alive now that is capable of F2P warring would struggle to pull over 40 except Rot. VR that pulled 110~ in 2015 against DI would struggle to even get 30 now, and that isn't even a bait. I don't even know what Divine Forces would pull now but their ML is the same as ours (40ish) and we'd probably get 30 without calling any friends. We lost a lot of clans that would fill the gap as well, namely Echo of Silence, Vitality and Lithuanians, but then of course there's also Forsaken to think about. 

Even CWA is on life support, in 2015-2016 I was in so many different teams with so many fights going on every day of the week I had to keep a google calender of all my fights for the week so I could navigate bookings for teams I was ranked in as well as start prioritising which fights I could and couldn't go to due to overlaps. Now you can 100% set up a CWA and it won't clash with anything. There's only a few teams, and they get barely any action, Seals probably gets the most and barely anyone wants to fight Silent Ember because they don't have any faith in beating them. That's not getting rejuvenation either for the same reason clanning is in a bad state.

Edited by Lavigne, 28 May 2018 - 11:58 PM.

KrPODlD.png

xuLlzzs.png

Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllll

#12 unbiased observer

unbiased observer

Posted 29 May 2018 - 12:05 AM

Was a good run and an enjoyable fight for the first hour or so. Sadly I don't think we'll ever see F2P going back to what it once was or even close to that, guess the clan world will stick to P2P for as long as it lasts anyway. The clan world have been decreasing for years now and the saddest part about it is that this time we killed clanning ourselves, wasn't even about Jagex with bad updates or w/e

ye I agree bball killed di

eos brut vr af df sv di

#13 Kingg Gucci

Kingg Gucci

The King

• RS Name:K1nggGucci
  • Clan:V2R

Posted 29 May 2018 - 12:18 AM

Bring back ghjjf, olde nite was never a leadership material.
149t7j6.gif. http://www.vr-rs.com/forums/

ᵀʰᶦˢ ᶦˢ ˢᵒ ˢᵐᵃᶫᶫ ᵗᵒ ʳᵉᵃᵈ ᵉᵛᵉᶰ ᶠᵒʳ ʸᵒᵘ ᵇʳᵒ⋅ ᴰᵒᶰᵗ ᵗʳʸ ᵗᵒ ᶜᵒᶰᵗᶦᶰᵘᵉ ʳᵉᵃᵈᶦᶰᵍ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵇᵉᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵉʸᵉˢ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ˢᵗᵃʳᵗ ᵗᵒ ʰᵘʳᵗ ˢᵒᵒᶰ ᶦᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᵈᵒᶰᵗ ˢᵗᵒᵖ⋅ ᵂʰʸ ᵈᵒᶰᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵗᵒᵖ﹖ ⋅⋅⋅⋅ᵍᵒ ᵃʷᵃʸ ᵇʳᵒ ᵃᶰᵈ ʳᵉᵃᵈ ᵗʰᵉ ᶰᵉˣᵗ ᶜᵒᵐᵐᵉᶰᵗ⋅ ˢᵗᵒᵖ ʳᵉᵃᵈᶦᶰᵍ ᵃᶫʳᵉᵃᵈʸ﹗ ᴵ ˢᵉᵉ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵈᵒᶰᵗ ʷᵃᶰᶰᵃ ᵍᶦᵛᵉ ᵘᵖ ʳᵉᵃᵈᶦᶰᵍ﹖⋅⋅⋅ʷᵉᶫᶫ ᵒᵏ, ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵒᶰ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵗᶦᵐᵉ, ᵇᵘᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ˢʰᵒᵘᶫᵈ ᵍᶦᵛᵉ ᵐᵉ ᵃ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᶠᵒʳ ʷᵃˢᵗᶦᶰᵍ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵗᶦᵐᵉ..

#14 Evf

Evf

• RS Name:Etotama
  • Clan:less

Posted 29 May 2018 - 01:40 AM

i think the clan world is dead thx

#FreePkPete

#15 Dark_skin

Dark_skin

• RS Status:Retired
  • Team:FTR

Posted 29 May 2018 - 02:38 AM

Imagine playing osrs in 2018

d7px9zr.png 

Spoiler

#16 Jake

Jake

• RS Name:Blaedr
  • RS Status:Retired
  • Clan:North Korea

Posted 29 May 2018 - 02:49 AM

F2P PvP is dead but that’s because of clumping more than anything else, who would find that fun? Hopefully the DI members that still want to play the game join clans and keep the clan world going. People are so morose about the clan world but I just did a quick count and counted 17 clans, considering things that’s not too bad. That’s not including Pures either. Maybe Mobile will impact things but the best thing that could be done for the clan world is for everyone to drop their beef, stop crashing each other and allow each other to grow. Maybe then Jagex would be willing to implement more clan related updates / listen to suggestions, at the moment why would they listen to the toxicity? There’s a lot of ex clanners out there who play the game but don’t join clans due to how dysfunctional the clan world is.

Edited by Lavigne, 01 June 2018 - 08:22 AM.

#17 Rj deathlord1

Rj deathlord1

• RS Status:Member
  • Clan:vR

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:39 AM

F2P PvP is dead but that’s because of clumping more than anything else, who would find that fun? Hopefully the DI members that still want to play the game join clans and keep the clan world going. People are so morose about the clan world but I just did a quick count and counted 17 clans, considering things that’s not too bad. That’s not including Pures either. Maybe Mobile will impact things but the best thing that could be done for the clan world is for everyone to drop their beef, stop crashing each other and allow each other to grow. Maybe then Jagex would be willing to implement more clan related updates / listen to suggestions, at the moment why would they listen to the toxicity? There’s a lot of ex clanners out there who play the game but don’t join clans due to how dysfunctional the clan world is.

Pretty much this tbh

Violent Resolution - www.vr-rs.com/forums

Clans Closed: Corruption, The Titans, Solace, Rot v1.

#18 Crest227

Crest227

Posted 29 May 2018 - 05:48 AM

Beef is the only thing sustaining whats left of the clan world though. WIthout it I think many people would just tire out and quit playing. It's not like there's anytihng new to accomplish here and with such a terrible assortment of clans{like 10 max-half of which have no balls}, what type of real competition can be enjoyed, it's all watered down crap.

People should just keep beefing with each other and enjoy it for as long as it can last. Because once one of the clans die or people grow tired of the beef, there's litterally nothing left. F2P has been dead for years if we're to be perfectly honest. Even before Downfall killed Ronin, a lot of us felt that F2P was winding down. I think it shifted when Di switched sides. Things could of been interesting for all parties if that had never happened. Df/Vr/Di could of just switched up acing responsibilities and fought Rot when they went to crash fights, Those 3 clans could of got action against Fools/Downfall/Fsk/Tr. There's a lot of possibilities that could of happened if Di had a spine lol. By switching sides, they pretty much killed everyone with stagnation. Df/Vr quit doing F2P, mid sized died out because lack of prospects for competitive fights in the wilderness, Di became Rots food which everyone except Di leadership saw coming lol. Now we're at the point that anyone with an ounce of foresight could of saw coming.

There's no repairing the clan world, there isn't anything left worth to repair lol. Just take as much as you can from it, try to get a nice summer of action and by the time that wraps up, you can stick a fork in it. Rev will probably die during the summer, with their closure, we will probably see Rot try to eat all the other little clans since they're starving for action. We'll see the little clans simply keep preying on moron pvmers for events, some more day out topics, 1b maced yeeee and the clan world will simply be like what it was pre-eoc. Couple p2p clans fighting each other to kill a few slob pvmers in rev caves lol. History repeats itself, it was a decent run while it lasted though.

I guess Crest had the last laugh after all. In a fight with Dfall he said something along the lines "How long till you leave 'The' "

It's not blind trust. In order to get the moderator rank, you need to show your loyalty to RSC by working for years as a CL, and you need to prove your trustworthiness in that time. Think of CD staff as a clan in and of itself: who do you think a moderator would be more loyal to, the clan they were in for a few weeks (or literally just joined), or the clan they worked hard in for years? To assume a moderator would throw all his hard work away just to impress his new buddies is absurd.

If you still are concerned, then use a proxy just like you would do if you visited a rival clan's board, but I and the entire admin staff are 100% confident our moderators do not and will not leak IPs.

#19 Jack

Jack

★★★★★

Posted 29 May 2018 - 06:19 AM

ahh yes the typical let's blame RoT for everyone's problems... honestly so funny to read through - as for DI I won't speak the whole truth because I know it'll rustle feathers but the biggest reasons for DI's problems and inevitable closure are Olde Nite's motives and paranoia

we will probably see Rot try to eat all the other little clans since they're starving for action

I mean you couldn't possibly be more wrong than this... infact nearly everything you've written regarding RoT is factually incorrect

Edited by Jack, 29 May 2018 - 06:38 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image

#20 bball

bball

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:15 AM

It's been an enjoyable run with a lot of good memories. Best of luck to those that continue. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: