We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

PVP ELO System

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Team Paradox

Team Paradox

Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:51 AM

no sir

44YhiTk.png

YH6SYxv.png

#22 Wee Man

Wee Man

Чистой ненависти номер один

Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:12 AM

I'll vote no.

This tbh. Any system not based in the free for all of the wildy will be useless.

A2xdnTr.png

X2LvGU2.png

#23 Christy

Christy

UNC Official

Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:34 AM

moving people away from the wildy? not a good ideia obviously

someone should slap those idiots making up this crap

Pretty much this, non wilderness PvP content always hurts wilderness activity in the short term.  Long term it could maybe help people get interested in PvP?  It's hard to say though.

Also agree with some of the other posters who mentioned this would be more relevant for single pkers.

fQMqOsv.gif

#24 Itaichimaru

Itaichimaru

Puertorriqueño

• RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Terror

Posted 27 May 2018 - 10:04 AM

Would prefer if they just would stream clusters. It was a decent idea when they did it once, brought a lot of clans out & it's an incentive for people to come and loot mystic/pots etc.

Reign of Terror

53BYxRx.png wE3ljd3.png HpSOmbx.png 5xsyE2K.png

rMxqzZr.gif

mMknUZz.gif

#25 Crest227

Crest227

Posted 27 May 2018 - 10:50 AM

I'll vote no.

This tbh. Any system not based in the free for all of the wildy will be useless.

Exactly, we don't need anymore crap updates to drag people away from using the wilderness.

I guess Crest had the last laugh after all. In a fight with Dfall he said something along the lines "How long till you leave 'The' "

It's not blind trust. In order to get the moderator rank, you need to show your loyalty to RSC by working for years as a CL, and you need to prove your trustworthiness in that time. Think of CD staff as a clan in and of itself: who do you think a moderator would be more loyal to, the clan they were in for a few weeks (or literally just joined), or the clan they worked hard in for years? To assume a moderator would throw all his hard work away just to impress his new buddies is absurd.

If you still are concerned, then use a proxy just like you would do if you visited a rival clan's board, but I and the entire admin staff are 100% confident our moderators do not and will not leak IPs.

#26 knight_cripp

knight_cripp

• RS Name:knight_crip
  • Clan:vr
  • Team:vr

Posted 27 May 2018 - 11:24 AM

no, just no

ywLaEgD.png

#27 GlGGS

GlGGS

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 27 May 2018 - 11:50 AM

would be a pretty sick idea to promote singles pking as an ELO system would allow the lesser experienced people to fight their own kind and not have to go out and get stomped in pvp worlds by people who pk to pay their bills

no one wants to watch a multi cluster lol that ****'s boring as ****

51x0Ma4.gif

0sj0La8.gif

UnYQJFs.gif

#28 Trainer Red

Trainer Red

The Incorruptible Future Moderator of Clan Discussion/Fights

Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:36 PM

Nosepicker coming in hot.  :#

6nCgDXI.png

The way of the bolt Ragger

#29 unbiased observer

unbiased observer

Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:54 PM

just make revs 6m an hr again jagex r retards except god jed

eos brut vr af df sv di

#30 Kye.

Kye.

• RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Adrenaline
  • Team:Seals

Posted 27 May 2018 - 02:20 PM

Would be sick

Unfortunately rot will just ddos everyone.

#31 Rj deathlord1

Rj deathlord1

• Clan:vR

Posted 27 May 2018 - 02:25 PM

Not for me but yeah no doubt people like rot would just DDoS it anyway

Violent Resolution - www.vr-rs.com/forums

Clans Closed: Corruption, The Titans, Solace, Rot v1.

#32 xMike

xMike

Never Stop Smiling

Posted 27 May 2018 - 03:09 PM

If anything, it should be something that forces people to group up to be competitive. Cwa did that big time before ffa came out.

(Y)

Spoiler

Spoiler

#33 KingTheGreat

KingTheGreat

=The Grim Reaper=

Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:16 PM

Genuinely have no idea what this topic is about, can someone quote me and shed some light please? I dont watch jagex streams as i lost faith in them years ago lol

Watch this: 

horrible idea, mr nosepicker

I didn't come up with this moron. Jagex did.

reapers died because of dumb ideas like this

What I said to nayy.  :woeh: 

what's an ELO

not sure how it's at all relevant to / for usmaybe, just maybe, they could spend their time making a Jagex Cup so we can rank ourselves... still waiting for the 2016 Jagex Cup

No idea what an ELO system is but the jcup hardly helped in the past... one off fights don’t showcase enough/promote participation from people not already in clans. They should organise a League(s) system with play offs/finals, pretty easy to set up and if they can spend 10s of thousands on dmm they could do that.

ELO is pretty much a ranking system like League of Legends, Clash of Clans, CS:GO, etc. It's a ranking system where people are paired up based on their elo. So say you are at Bronze Rank, you will be matched with people of the same rank, and if you win you're ELO will start to rise. And you're start to progress to different ranks, ex Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond etc.

The singles scene would benefit mostly from this. If they're smart they introduce it parallel with an unranked scene so multi bots don't stay away from it.

Would be interesting if they did this.

I'll vote no.

I agree, the only benefits I see from it however, are getting people to try PKing and maybe bringing them into the Wilderness if they gained more experience. 

If anything, it should be something that forces people to group up to be competitive. Cwa did that big time before ffa came out.

Yeah I agree.

would be a pretty sick idea to promote singles pking as an ELO system would allow the lesser experienced people to fight their own kind and not have to go out and get stomped in pvp worlds by people who pk to pay their bills

no one wants to watch a multi cluster lol that ****'s boring as ****

I believe the same thing, but sometimes people do like the Multi Clusters look at the DMM Tournaments or when Jagex hosted F2P/P2P Pk Trips back in 2013-2014. That got views.

☠Reapers of Runescape: Forums Twitter Youtube

Posted Image

☠☠☠Founder of Reapers of Runescape: Twitter Twitch

#34 jajathroat

jajathroat

smallman pk ender

Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:21 PM

nah lol stay in wild plz

?

Nop. That is in the discord picture dump from today. We collect pictures to warn members on what can how they can improve, in this case he was in mystic and not switching to his tank gear and kept smiting.

Still does not erase the fact you got bullied into single today for the 2nd time.

#35 portlock

portlock

• RS Name:portlock

Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:59 PM

Genuinely have no idea what this topic is about, can someone quote me and shed some light please? I dont watch jagex streams as i lost faith in them years ago lol

Watch this: 

This is ****ing disgusting! OSRS was released for pkers and old players. Skillers joined but the main hype was the pking community. Since then they've neglected the pvp community and now THIS?!?!? No. You will lose every clan if this happens. EVERY clan. Nooone will pk. Terrible idea.

WHY DELETE MY SIG!

#36 Bemb

Bemb

• RS Name:Bemb
  • Clan:Revenant

Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:12 PM

The singles scene would benefit mostly from this. If they're smart they introduce it parallel with an unranked scene so multi bots don't stay away from it.

8ddcafeca4a7c9e4a1dd05a184288556.gif

#37 reddevil159

reddevil159

Reddevil159

Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:16 PM

I'll vote no.

Posted Image

VR | AF

#38 Fremennik

Fremennik

Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:30 PM

nah, they clearly don't listen to people who actually do PvP

Your signature has been removed because it was breaking the rules of this community. It was too big (either too wide or too tall) and/or its file-size was too large. To find out more, please see our signature and avatar rules. If you need any help, feel free to contact me. Thanks, Magick.

#39 FfsM8

FfsM8

Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:40 PM

I understand the whole keep it in the wild sentiment but you gotta understand the vast vast majority of people in this game who do some form of PvP simply aren't interested in multi.

Doubt it would really affect much for you guys, considering most of the people who engage would be BH/PvP world types and autism brids.

2qudLuM.gif

#40 Karma

Premium

Posted 27 May 2018 - 10:23 PM

Creating separate entities for pking splits the community and is the main reason why the wilderness is dead. BH worlds/ pvp worlds/ w45 DMM/ seasonal DMM/ tournament worlds/ clan wars/ last man standing.. now another addition is coming to take away more players lol

voting no btw

Edited by Karma, 27 May 2018 - 10:24 PM.

qRlXStY.gif

Reign of Terror 

53BYxRx.png  wE3ljd3.png      HpSOmbx.png     5xsyE2K.png

Rt4rBOg.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: