We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo
OSRS

Did the GE ruin OSRS and would you Vote it out?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 RedRidngHood

RedRidngHood

Epic Red

Posted 23 May 2018 - 4:59 PM

My Thoughts.. 

Pre EOC they added the GE and all those updates, that's pushed so many players to go back to the old days and start over in oldschool 

Lets take a new vote and make this oldschool EOC, I bet people would vote it in... it seems that's what it's pushing to anyways, and we can all start over in a new oldschool again.

When they opened oldschool, WoW look at all the people that moved and started over. It was fun again.

Then Player Votes to add this or that. yes, that's nice to offer, yet.. Many players that do vote, don't have the experiance in OSRS or Know the Damage it can do voting something in like lets say... The GE

What Damage did the little ole GE do? I'll tell you 

It took the " skill " out of having a " skill ", not all players fight in OSRS or bet 1b on whip fights all day long. Skillers liked having Skills to give them an advantage too. The GE took that away

Mr. Miner N. Smither he was making rune axes, selling the for 25k each. Making Addy Sq. Shields selling them for 25k ea to players, wood cutting, and doing clue scrolls. 
He was posting selling addy scims fore 15k ea, rune scim's 25 to 30k ea. Rune War Hammers 50k ea to clue scrollers The GE took all that away too 

Mr. Hunter that would catch imp jars and sell them to Miss. Merchant for a fair price, as she would spend her time opening them, adding poision on daggers with her skills, selling dds for 65k and Other Items with her skills to clue scrollers and hunters, reselling jars. or items to other rangers and fighters. The GE took that away too 

Mrs Crafter making and selling dragon hide sets, pure sets, rings, ammys, charging so much from other players to make a fury. making money from her skill. The GE took that away too 

Mr. Wood Fletcher chopping logs, making bows for Mr or Miss Mage to get magic levels up, paying a fair price for the bows where Mr. Wood Fletcher was making money from his skill. The GE took that away

Mr. Botter Needing to sneak around and sell his 1 million cowhides & dragon hides on many accounts, making it hard, letting other players see and know what hes doing. The GE Took that away too & hes happy as F it did 
now all he does is dumps his stuff in the ge, making the prices so low for items. Fighters killing dragons for hides, make nothing, because it's all worth nothing. but not to Mr. Botter, it's worth something to him, about 1.000 usa per 500m on his website. so Mr. Botter thanks you for the GE, as for me, no thank you 

Leathers new players make from killing cows, tanning the hide was getting 600ea per leather, now 50 to 80 gp ea maybe. no money for them ... the GE took that away too

Having Skills was worth something. 

Now everything is so low and worth nothing.. Its a shame really 

OSRS was a community. People knew this guy and that girl. He sells this, She sells that, I know where you can get this, join this CC join that CC for this. it's awesome 

People was all over the map in areas, people traveled, they would buy runes, get magic levels to tp around, do quests to get to that area. It was Fun again 

Like when most of us played the first time, how good it felt to get in the mining guild in fally, and run to the first mith ore when you got that level. that's runescape 

Now its GE Standers, Trolling all day long, standing around on lvl 3's showing 5b banks and lol'ing at perople. wile everyone else has public chat off, if not...........
you get 50000000000000 IM's from spam bots to join this and join that  Good Grief 

As for me.. I think the GE has ruined oldschool and YES i'd vote it out........ and Mr. Botter that said YES to vote it in with his 500 billion bot votes i don't think they should of counted

Please don't troll my post, this is just my thoughts. I'd like tyo know yours too, if anyone is left out here 

Edited by RedRidngHood, 23 May 2018 - 5:51 PM.

Epic Red (:

#2 RedRidngHood

RedRidngHood

Epic Red

Posted 23 May 2018 - 6:46 PM

Food for thought... 

maybe they should just ad some 99 tabs in the GE .. 20 minutes. if you have the money

1 skill 99  20 bonds 

all skills 99  460 bonds 

1 skill 200m xp  7360 bonds

all skills 200m xp  169,280 bonds

Quest Tabs :) sick of all the time running around doing quests. buy an all Complete all Quets tab.. 5,000 bonds 

instant kill any boss tabs 300 bonds 

sick of mining 50000 ore just to find out you made like 50 gp, try a new max cash tab 525 bonds

maybe some all 3rd age tabs, all armor tabs, all weapons tabs and most of all best tab EVER ...Everything in osrs tabs.. that would save all the time for everyone if they added those, have fun playing all day, and never need to stress nothing :p

Edited by RedRidngHood, 23 May 2018 - 7:04 PM.

Epic Red (:

#3 Origen

Origen

Posted 23 May 2018 - 6:47 PM

Great topic and I must say most of the things I agree with.

But, you have to remember that G.E makes people save time, which makes people able to play the game even more. You don't have to stand at Varrock west bank for 2 hours searching for a valuable item. You go to the G.E and you buy that. Yes, it ****s the economy on the long run, but that's why money sinks need implementation. It is atleast a way to deal with such an inflation, we're currently experiencing on OSRS.

There is more to be done, but this is just one example.

#4 Ace

Ace

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Renegades Fan Club

Posted 23 May 2018 - 7:17 PM

Old school came out because people wanted the old combat system.

Even then it wasn't enough because a lot of people didn't find it reasonable or convenient to start over in the 2007 era of the game. OSRS actually got really big from when ge was introduced. A lot of people switched servers, you had a few streamers come in, not to mention entire clans actually moved over months after ge was introduced. 

Although in all honesty, I realize that I'd have probably enjoyed pre-ge osrs more, but I didn't give it much of a chance. The game is the way it is now though and I seriously doubt they'd ever revert the ge.

#5 darklord1848

darklord1848

Posted 23 May 2018 - 7:19 PM

G.E is brilliant. 

"Power is always dangerous, it attracts the worst and corrupts the best, I never asked for power, power is only given to those who are prepared to lower themselves to pick it up"

#6 Figment

Figment

The Loyal.

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Figment
  • Clan:Retired

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:22 PM

It took the hustle out of the game. I think I remember crafting early game and competing with your crafting supply's. 

Made having high level in the skills very useful. 

Retired
ex- KILLORGY - Member - QUIT GAME
ex- Mayhem Makers - Member - ENDED
ex- Pures Last Stand - Member - ENDED
ex- Conviction - Proud Member - ENDED
ex- Hazard - Member - ENDED
ex- Vendetta Pure clan - Council - ENDED
ex- Remedy - Elite - LEFT

ex- Ruin- Council - Retired
Posted Image

#7 Gintoki

Gintoki

• Rating: < -5 | 2 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Bentoki
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Afrobros
  • Team:zchat

Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:59 AM

I don't miss merching bots being the only way to buy items, trying to buy items in bulk on the price guide to get some guy pm you trying to sell you 10 sharks and can't find their way to edgeville. Everyone is maxed these days, people with skills don't have monopolies on item prices, but bots do.

If you care so much about skills having serious uses then play ironman mode

xD4B8ER.png

#8 Team Paradox

Team Paradox

Posted 24 May 2018 - 6:30 AM

it was nice without it but a pain in the butt with wanting to buy something and had to find that one specific person

#9 Manga

Manga

Protagonist

Posted 25 May 2018 - 8:01 PM

I don't mind the GE, honestly the value doing things the hard way is semi intact with the iron-man gameplay, and I don't personally miss spamming text in world 2 forever to get any even remotely obscure item. Bank sales were fun though, like a garage sale in Runescape. I think it does more good, and let's be real spamming "buying 1k sharks 800gp each -manga" was never fun, and not really interacting with the community. Other factors provide community other than buying and selling.

2nrn3g9.png 7cNTC8v.png

#10 Drkkenny

Drkkenny

• RS Name:Drkkennyh
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 27 May 2018 - 12:34 PM

positives: faster buyables

negatievvs: it makes ppl sort of lazier and lowerse prices

twitch.tv/drkkenny

maxed jan 18 2018 osrs

feb 11th 2011 reg runescape

Drkkennyh108.png

#11 blackspy

blackspy

Cute! Fuzzy! Deadly!

• Rating: < -5 | 5 | +5 >
  • RS Name:blackspy
  • RS Status:Free
  • Clan:#Community

Posted 28 May 2018 - 2:43 AM

From the time the Grand Exchange came about, it was a terrible idea. They made it not to make it easier to trade, (sure that's what they said...) but to get rid of people running multiple accounts and trading with themselves. Instead of being able to trade freely, you were limited in how "unequal" the trade was, with a value assigned based on what an NPC would pay for it. It meant that party hats and santa hats, the longstanding symbols of wealth and luxury among the richer characters no-longer fluctuated, and the prices of everything in general stayed flat.

But from Jagex's point of view, it was 'effing brilliant. No more people botting on multiple accounts and stockpiling wealth. No more people profiting on free holiday giveaways. (They eventually made holiday items un-tradable too). 

As an extra bonus, it was a big middle finger to sites like this one! We had an amazing price guide, and active marketplace forums. Jagex hated fansites, and this was a great way to stick it to them. 

Edited by blackspy, 28 May 2018 - 2:45 AM.

Posted Image

Original Member #:3661 Original Join Date: August 27th 2002 12+ Glorious Years of Un-Productivity At RSC.
Senior Moderator, Head of PK Discussion.
Any questions or comments? Please message me!
The RSC Braintrust, Skype Crew, Druidz and #community strike again! We see all. We know all.

#12 Euthanize

Euthanize

• Clan:Avalon

Posted 07 July 2018 - 8:56 PM

i would like to go back to old school without ge was rather fun, but no trding post, that was bad

56wwgl7.gif

Avalon ~ Home of The Last 'Rune Pure & Tank' clan, #1 in OSRS | http://rs-avalon.com

Spoiler

#13 False

False

• Clan:Hoodlum

Posted 07 August 2018 - 1:42 PM

It seems fun and interactive trading players but it would get annoying after about 2 days. G.E was definitely needed.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: