We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo
Answered

Memberlists

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Howl

Howl

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >
  • RS Name:H0w1
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Retired

Posted 28 April 2018 - 12:07 PM

This might be better suited for the Clan Discussion section, but I figured I'd post it here if there was an easy answer.

I've been out of the loop for a while now.

What happened to clan memberlists? Runehead seems outdated and unkempt. The only memberlists I've been able to find are on individual clan websites (and many of them aren't public period). I remember memberlists used to be a really big deal and clients like swiftkit had a built in lookup tool to use during fights. Why is that no longer the case?

Edited by Howl, 28 April 2018 - 12:08 PM.

One word, unbelievable

#2 Jack

Jack

★★★★★

Posted 28 April 2018 - 12:09 PM

the WG leader made a website for clans to post their memberlists, not sure of the URL, but most bigger clans have a memberlist on their own forums (some private, some public)
LAYu8mJ.png MQeijsF.png
Cj11o9Y.gif

#3 Howl

Howl

Posted 28 April 2018 - 12:29 PM

the WG leader made a website for clans to post their memberlists, not sure of the URL, but most bigger clans have a memberlist on their own forums (some private, some public)

Do you think there's a reason public memberlists on a shared site are no longer the norm?

One word, unbelievable

#4 Jack

Jack

★★★★★

Posted 28 April 2018 - 12:45 PM

Do you think there's a reason public memberlists on a shared site are no longer the norm?

personally I feel a big aspect of it is that there's less clans around nowadays and those who remain involved know who's who and what clan they're in... whereas years ago there were tonnes more clans and tonnes more people which probably made public memberlists very useful in finding out relevant information

also for a large duration of pre-EoC when public memberlists were popular it wasn't possible to change your RSN, nowadays most people change their RSN's rather frequently which maybe puts people off keeping them updated - especially if certain people want to remain anonymous or hidden

from my own clan's perspective, we've always had a private memberlist - there's no need for any of our information to be in the public domain and there's nothing anybody can do to make us provide said information

LAYu8mJ.png MQeijsF.png
Cj11o9Y.gif

#5 Howl

Howl

Posted 28 April 2018 - 1:06 PM

personally I feel a big aspect of it is that there's less clans around nowadays and those who remain involved know who's who and what clan they're in... whereas years ago there were tonnes more clans and tonnes more people which probably made public memberlists very useful in finding out relevant information

also for a large duration of pre-EoC when public memberlists were popular it wasn't possible to change your RSN, nowadays most people change their RSN's rather frequently which maybe puts people off keeping them updated - especially if certain people want to remain anonymous or hidden

from my own clan's perspective, we've always had a private memberlist - there's no need for any of our information to be in the public domain and there's nothing anybody can do to make us provide said information

Ok, that makes sense. Thank you for taking the time to explain that to me.

As a side note, it certainly makes it harder for us lurkers to accurately compare clans, particularly in terms of quality rather than just size.

Edited by Howl, 28 April 2018 - 1:09 PM.

One word, unbelievable

#6 Jack

Jack

★★★★★

Posted 28 April 2018 - 3:01 PM

As a side note, it certainly makes it harder for us lurkers to accurately compare clans, particularly in terms of quality rather than just size.

I agree.

I found the link to some current public memberlists: https://2007clans.com/clans.php
LAYu8mJ.png MQeijsF.png
Cj11o9Y.gif

#7 Jello123

Jello123

• Rating: < -5 | -2 | +5 >
  • RS Name:The llvl 120
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 28 April 2018 - 4:03 PM

I agree.

I found the link to some current public memberlists: https://2007clans.com/clans.php

Thanks Jack. Very useful!

#8 Ace

Ace

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • Clan:Renegades Fan Club

Posted 28 April 2018 - 4:28 PM

The days are gone when clan's show their memberlists publically. The wg leader did try to fix this by offering another memberlist site but you can tell it was hyped up and then forgotten by half the people who started using it at first.

It's a shame, it really shows how far apart we've drifted as a community. 

Edited by Ace, 28 April 2018 - 7:58 PM.

#9 Bludsvept

Bludsvept

• Clan:Chivalry Legions

Posted 28 April 2018 - 6:26 PM

Some public memberlists display a members forum name rather than the RSN which gives some autonomy. However, it's a pain to keep accurate when half the people name change every month.

#10 Gintoki

Gintoki

• Rating: < -5 | 2 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Bentoki
  • Clan:Afrobros
  • Team:zchat

Posted 28 April 2018 - 7:38 PM

I think the best thing you can hope for is for Jagex to implement some sort of clan system like they did pre-eoc. They said they would at some point but it's going to have to wait until after mobile, similar to the cc system as its a large engine job.

xD4B8ER.png

#11 Ace

Ace

• Clan:Renegades Fan Club

Posted 28 April 2018 - 8:02 PM

I think the best thing you can hope for is for Jagex to implement some sort of clan system like they did pre-eoc. They said they would at some point but it's going to have to wait until after mobile, similar to the cc system as its a large engine job.

That'd be pretty neat and with it bringing things such as kdr trackers and potentially being used as jcup rosters, clans would likely have no choice but to use the system.

#12 Gintoki

Gintoki

• Rating: < -5 | 2 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Bentoki
  • Clan:Afrobros
  • Team:zchat

Posted 28 April 2018 - 11:15 PM

That'd be pretty neat and with it bringing things such as kdr trackers and potentially being used as jcup rosters, clans would likely have no choice but to use the system.

Yeah well I mean the way they were setup you are either "in" the clan or you weren't in the clan. You can only choose one to actively be in and the clan needs to be setup to compete in events and such.

xD4B8ER.png

#13 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• Rating: < -5 | 4 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Elysian Duck

Posted 29 April 2018 - 7:12 AM

People change their RSN way too often, me included

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

4w3Bc9n.png

MA8JzzV.gif

Ppj1oVu.jpg

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#14 xMike

xMike

Never Stop Smiling

Posted 29 April 2018 - 8:03 AM

Ya it's his fault.
(Y)
Spoiler

Spoiler

#15 Larry lobster

Larry lobster

=The Grim Reaper=

Posted 29 April 2018 - 5:58 PM

who removed my pic lol

Ppj1oVu.jpg

#16 Olde Nite

Olde Nite

Leader of DI

• RS Name:Olde__Nite
  • Clan:Damage Inc.

Posted 30 April 2018 - 1:26 AM

It's a thing of the past.

Most people keep theirs private and any widespread site stopped or is subpar. It was a cool thing you could relate to and check, but with the clan world changing the way it operates, it's no longer viable.  

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#damage.inc | DI Public CC | di-rs.net | https://discord.gg/NCgJ4dF

#17 Howl

Howl

Posted 30 April 2018 - 2:23 AM

Most people keep theirs private and any widespread site stopped or is subpar. It was a cool thing you could relate to and check, but with the clan world changing the way it operates, it's no longer viable.  

Could you expand on what you mean by "how the clan world operates"? Do you mean just the more aggressive attacks outside of the game, etc?

One word, unbelievable

#18 Olde Nite

Olde Nite

Leader of DI

• RS Name:Olde__Nite
  • Clan:Damage Inc.

Posted 30 April 2018 - 2:42 AM

Could you expand on what you mean by "how the clan world operates"? Do you mean just the more aggressive attacks outside of the game, etc?

It's just become more useful to have information on everyone these days. Technology is greater with the clients, etc. There's zero reason to have it public. It's often something old clanners look for and I sympathize for them, but it's really not hard to get in contact with people these days because everyone is a click or message away. Everyone can be reached via discord (join their public discord server if you can't find them), or their forums. Wouldn't look ingame as people change so frequently, and sadly even though IRC is superior you won't find many on there either.

Once you've achieved contact, I'm sure people would be happy to talks things over/invite you on TS and such. This is a general comment to all old/ex clanners not so much to just yourself. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#damage.inc | DI Public CC | di-rs.net | https://discord.gg/NCgJ4dF

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: