Zybez RuneScape Community was shut down on September 17th, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-12-01 at 02:20. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Join us on Discord, ZybezNet clan and Zchat friendchat.

We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

Clan or no clan?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 Stl Arrow

Stl Arrow

War is not about who is right, Its about who is left

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Stl Arrow
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 29 June 2018 - 9:59 AM

Other then crashwars & people who simply flame others for no reason id say the biggest turn off to people not in clans is the money part of it. They don’t see the point in buying sets just to lose them basically. That what i get out of most of the people i try to recruit.

Also just the overall barriers to entry. Almost all clans have exceptionally high requirements for both levels and gear. It's hard to motivate someone new to join a clan if you tell them "well first you have to max your account, then you need 200M in sets".

The clanworld is hurting from a lack of a midsized scene in which expectations are somewhat lower.

Agreed.

#22 Vio

Vio

The Chaosrider

Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:24 PM

There was a time when everyone having a clan was normal - even Zezima was in TFL around 06-07.

Now there's clans, and there's the rest of the community.

I think much of it is to do with the level of skill required in running a clan, which has gradually increased over the years.

10 years ago we had hundreds of clans, and it didn't particularly matter if you were a good leader or not (see: Tukuruk91, Madz)

You could still go out and have fun.

Nowadays if you want to start a clan, even the people at the bottom of the ranks are still pretty good and difficult to compete with.

Some clans like CT have managed it, and with the Rev caves we might see more CCs like Ibliys popping up.

But we've been missing the small and mid-sized clans for several years now, aside from older clans like WG and ZT.

That's where we'll get most of the new blood entering the clan world, and I have no idea how to bring them back.

Posted Image

EOS callers rental rate is 500m per hour. #RSEOS if interested.

DG Keanu was free and lead us to victory, re-evaluate how important you think you are.

#23 Howl

Howl

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >
  • RS Name:H0w1
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Retired

Posted 29 June 2018 - 2:32 PM

There was a time when everyone having a clan was normal - even Zezima was in TFL around 06-07.

Now there's clans, and there's the rest of the community.

I think much of it is to do with the level of skill required in running a clan, which has gradually increased over the years.

10 years ago we had hundreds of clans, and it didn't particularly matter if you were a good leader or not (see: Tukuruk91, Madz)

You could still go out and have fun.

Nowadays if you want to start a clan, even the people at the bottom of the ranks are still pretty good and difficult to compete with.

Some clans like CT have managed it, and with the Rev caves we might see more CCs like Ibliys popping up.

But we've been missing the small and mid-sized clans for several years now, aside from older clans like WG and ZT.

That's where we'll get most of the new blood entering the clan world, and I have no idea how to bring them back.

I think to an extent it would have to be leaders committed to bringing inexperienced and new players into the clan world? Not just that, but having more clans with 100+ requirements rather than say 120+ or 124+. It's a tough sell to people with limited time in what is a very difficult clan environment.

One word, unbelievable

#24 Wuly Vids

Wuly Vids

Posted 29 June 2018 - 10:36 PM

It took me 3 clans to find the right one. Im about it but it can be frustrating finding the right group of people

#25 Manga

Manga

Protagonist

Posted 30 June 2018 - 6:33 PM

I have not been interested in clans in a long time. Clans nowadays are a whirlwind of hashtags, egos and attitude. Honor Pking died a long time ago and the stigma about the big dog clans DDOSing, hacking, cheating, crashing and disrespectful conduct are alive and well.

There is also an imbalance of clans, there is only a handful of relevant clans nowadays, and one clan always in the spotlight for good and bad reasons. There used to be more with some of the older now dead clans sounding like they were polite and just wanted to have fun while still being competitive, not to say people don't have fun in clans anymore, but the clan community is at war with itself too much and the whole thing seems to be taken far more seriously than it used to be.

The financial costs of clanning is something to consider as well. You have to fund your own losses in clan wars, and you will die, a lot. It's the best and worst parts of RS's death system at work, Other games PVP just has you respawn somewhere for another go until an objective, but RS is unique and interesting, you spill almost everything you have on you when you die and if skulled everything your prayer can't save. It's not something I would ever suggest changing, it's a massive part of the charm but having to fund your own way is rough.

Lastly there is a time element, Not only are clans maxed, or perfectly built pures. You also have to attend every event to be a productive member of the clan. The community ages, some work, some even have a family and other commitments now. Runescape is one of the longest grinds in modern video-games, it is it's greatest strength and weakness.

For clans to get better, I think it starts with the community, there needs to be a better community devoid of the politics, the drama. and just be a bunch of friends goofing off having a good time in a video game they love. People want that out of clans, and they get it in communities now whether they PK or not. And yes there are plenty of smaller clans that I am sure do that, but the big boys are playing to win now.

2nrn3g9.png 7cNTC8v.png

#26 Matheus

Matheus

NANI ?!

• RS Name:Mathlosion

Posted 30 June 2018 - 7:36 PM

There's a lot of things to do in both games nowadays other than PvP / PKing. That's why the clan world has been declining. PvP / PKing doesn't seems to be so funny with all the other options in the game.

ehgrnqj.png

Ending Senior of The Corruption Clan

Ex Council of Exotic

Ex General of Wilderland <> Ex Advisor of Legends of glory

Former @Admin of the RuneScape Brazilian Community

[Profile]

#27 Robzor

Robzor

• RS Name:Rob H99
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:None.

Posted 01 July 2018 - 9:12 AM

There's a lot of things to do in both games nowadays other than PvP / PKing. That's why the clan world has been declining. PvP / PKing doesn't seems to be so funny with all the other options in the game.

check your discord brother

AbstractPink.png
+Signature Maker+

#28 BrainiacOutcast

BrainiacOutcast

slayer master

• Rating: < -5 | 2 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Brain Ou
  • Clan:Green Bandits

Posted 01 July 2018 - 2:53 PM

I'd feel pretty empty playing without a clan to talk and do things with. I tried rsc first but found something more my style in rsb, and it was such a strong motivator to improve my pre-eoc character. These days I'm just hanging with a community/pvm clan playing a few hours a week, attending a few events a month, but it's still much better than playing alone.

Edited by BrainiacOutcast, 01 July 2018 - 2:54 PM.

#29 ojojoj

ojojoj

• RS Name:ntjrsn
  • RS Status:Free
  • Clan:ntrscj
  • Team:nhrstj

Posted 02 July 2018 - 2:45 AM

community is the most important so clan for sure 

#30 Euthanize

Euthanize

• Clan:Avalon

Posted 07 July 2018 - 8:53 PM

clan for sure #Vengeance

56wwgl7.gif

Avalon ~ Home of The Last 'Rune Pure & Tank' clan, #1 in OSRS | http://rs-avalon.com

Spoiler

#31 Lilac

Lilac

Posted 06 August 2018 - 8:35 AM

Clanning looks fun, but I feel like I can't really join one until I'm maxed (or at least finished with an account build), and have more or less everything else completed.

#32 Amazian

Amazian

• RS Name:Amazian

Posted 06 August 2018 - 10:52 AM

Regardless of clan drama, banter, ect; clans provide a greater means to the social self. Being a part of a group, albeit the basis or purpose of that group will provide for the betterment of the individual. Simply stated, being a part of a group where an individual is "bigger than themselves" provides for a much healthier individual than an individual without a group identity. 

There are few things better for an individual(psychologically) than healthy group activity, influence and cooperation; for the individual and influencing  (influenced) members of group. The ides of the positive and negative, peaks and valleys, of a group should provide for healthy group stimulus and serve to strengthen the social fabric of healthy sustainable groups. 

RS provides a means to benefit individuals through a dynamic of social collaborations, engaging activities, and active community formulations.

*Opinion: Be a part of group and you will better yourself(psychologically) and your social relations and organizations.

Edited by Amazian, 06 August 2018 - 5:45 PM.

www.twitch.tv/rsamazian

www.twitter.com/RSAmazian

OSRSCC: Amazian

*Contact for gathers, events, hostings, ect.*

#33 jamie macd

jamie macd

• Rating: < -5 | -4 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Jmurdo
  • Clan:Damage Inc

Posted 06 August 2018 - 2:51 PM

Use to be good when less serious.

#34 Amazian

Amazian

Posted 06 August 2018 - 5:42 PM

I agree.

www.twitch.tv/rsamazian

#35 False

False

• Clan:Hoodlum

Posted 07 August 2018 - 1:47 PM

Clanning is dope, the game would be boring for me without it. only bad thing is some people take **** way too far with clan rivalry.

#36 Amazian

Amazian

Posted 07 August 2018 - 4:03 PM

Best to remember it's just a game.

www.twitch.tv/rsamazian

#37 Afterglows

Afterglows

ROTS ♥

• RS Name:Afterglows
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 08 August 2018 - 4:51 AM

Clanning is fun as long as the people involved on it can make it an enjoyable experience.

I remained clanless in RS3 the last 3 years, as I prefer not to talk much, and I never made an account for 07.

#38 Gintoki

Gintoki

• Rating: < -5 | 2 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Bentoki
  • Clan:Afrobros
  • Team:zchat

Posted 08 August 2018 - 7:16 AM

Clans have too much drama and events and everything that you need to participate in. My days of maintaining 10m xp a week to stay in efficiency experts are gone, I just chill in community centric clans and that's fine with me most of the time.

xD4B8ER.png

#39 Amazian

Amazian

Posted 08 August 2018 - 8:27 AM

Clans have too much drama and events and everything that you need to participate in. My days of maintaining 10m xp a week to stay in efficiency experts are gone, I just chill in community centric clans and that's fine with me most of the time.

Drama and events are connecting and great for building on communities. Chat rooms are a good and essential component of community centered rs-clans and groups. 

Some clans are more active and expectant of their members, and this can cause stress to certain members. Most leaders should observe this and make changes to their members and individuals.

Its best to never be too demanding in regards to non-mandatory events, but somewhat expectant to the few(1-2) fundamental weekly mandatory events. 

Like in all communities, the atmosphere that the people create should shape the needs, wants and expectations of that said community. 

www.twitch.tv/rsamazian

#40 Darky

Darky

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • Team:Maxed

Posted 08 August 2018 - 7:37 PM

When I first started the game in 04 pking was all I did, eventually I got more and more into skilling and pvm but that was not until dunggenering era. Stoped clanning with eoc but still play the game sometimes. Would have quit long ago if it was not for clanning.

In the case of old school i probably would have found it a lot harder to get into it if it was not for clanning, i started a year after everyone so getting someone to lend some gear to train was not hard and there were plenty of spares to pk on or pvm to make money while i trained my main. I'm still in a clan after coming back to the game a few months ago but it is not like the past, if pvp was dead or did not exist i probably would still play just maybe not as much.

Posted Image

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: