We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo
OSRS

My ban story

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 mattycatman

mattycatman

quest cape count 2

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >
  • RS Name:mattycatman
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Reliance

Posted 19 January 2018 - 7:20 PM

Heres my story , i am a Ex botter who was perm banned few years ago for running a hunter bot for like 2 hours. A few years later was unbanned. Started in 2017 summer doing some heavy questing on account, was trying to get quest cape , got bored started using my other account which is a ironman.

Logged in December after few months away, then dced then ban was added to account!

The thing that bothers me is i was paying membership all the time , and i dont even get a human respond to issue, just a copy pasted comment in ban reply which was basically "Screw you cheater". When i went to review evidence in ban it said " Our macro detection system has been monitoring your account closely and has detected that you are using illegal 3rd party software" (Funny thing is im running a new laptop so god nos how any macroing software was detected...

The account dint have any 99s or a large amount of money on it so im not to salty, just more salty about the fact i lost a legit account.

I can see there is a and always has been a large botting issue with runescape and there are bound to be people who get banned in error.

They say that every appeal is read by a human but how do we no its not just a automated appeal system?

QUE I DINT BOT MEMES AND QUOTES , i dont care i just go post something productive to conversation

Posted Image

#2 EVO Colton

EVO Colton

Founder of Evolution

Posted 19 January 2018 - 7:27 PM

The moon is a planet

#3 Out

Out

Forsaken

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Renegades
  • Team:Silent Ember

Posted 19 January 2018 - 7:38 PM

posting something productive to conversation

Ob11Jxh.png

#4 GREEN_OVER_PURPLE

GREEN_OVER_PURPLE

I KILLED SV l0l

Posted 19 January 2018 - 8:03 PM

i recommend tweeting

?

Nop. That is in the discord picture dump from today. We collect pictures to warn members on what can how they can improve, in this case he was in mystic and not switching to his tank gear and kept smiting.

Still does not erase the fact you got bullied into single today for the 2nd time.

#5 Drkkenny

Drkkenny

• RS Name:Drkkennyh
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 19 January 2018 - 8:05 PM

same happended too me a couple years ago its crazy i might appeal i dont bot any longer

twitch.tv/drkkenny

maxed jan 18 2018 osrs

feb 11th 2011 reg runescape

Drkkennyh108.png

#6 Gintoki

Gintoki

• Rating: < -5 | 2 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Bentoki
  • Clan:Afrobros
  • Team:zchat

Posted 20 January 2018 - 1:58 AM

Yeah I have been banned for botting, know that I didn't do anything of the sort and have had JMods tell me that I did. It's a ****ty feeling knowing that you didn't do something and having people tell you that you did it.

xD4B8ER.png

#7 mattycatman

mattycatman

quest cape count 2

Posted 20 January 2018 - 4:29 AM

i recommend tweeting

I did no repley, and if i do people just comment u where banned for botting end off

same happended too me a couple years ago its crazy i might appeal i dont bot any longer

Did you try the ban appeal section on website

Yeah I have been banned for botting, know that I didn't do anything of the sort and have had JMods tell me that I did. It's a ****ty feeling knowing that you didn't do something and having people tell you that you did it.

Yer its ****ty customer service allright

The moon is a planet

grow up

posting something productive to conversation

grow up

Posted Image

#8 Jack

Jack

★★★★★

Posted 20 January 2018 - 4:41 AM

this was an excellent read
LAYu8mJ.png MQeijsF.png
Cj11o9Y.gif

#9 Samurai_5

Samurai_5

• Clan:Inactive
  • Team:Inactive

Posted 20 January 2018 - 5:41 AM

The moon is still a planet 

#10 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• Rating: < -5 | 4 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Elysian Duck

Posted 20 January 2018 - 6:07 AM

Friend of mine was banned on his ironman as he played more efficient than macro programs for prolonged times. Did you perhaps use mousekeys?

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

4w3Bc9n.png

MA8JzzV.gif

Ppj1oVu.jpg

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#11 Grabbin

Grabbin

• RS Status:Free
  • Clan:Revenant
  • Team:Clan Rope

Posted 20 January 2018 - 6:59 AM

funny story

lFGrpcJ.gif

#12 darklord1848

darklord1848

Posted 20 January 2018 - 7:05 AM

Maybe write a letter to your local congressman ?

"Power is always dangerous, it attracts the worst and corrupts the best, I never asked for power, power is only given to those who are prepared to lower themselves to pick it up"

#13 Potrahs

Potrahs

︻╦╤─ ҉ - -

• Rating: < -5 | -1 | +5 >

Posted 20 January 2018 - 8:20 AM

I remember Monkey got ban also like that. I think he was also using Twitter and someone from DF2 has jmod connections so he got it back :) Good luck dude 

#14 D96

D96

dee nine sex

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:32 AM

this was an excellent read

hey jack how you been dude

was an excellent read indeed

0nFQYiF.gif

2qudLuM.gif

#15 Fire Hawk154

Fire Hawk154

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:56 AM

In the past they couldn't issue long bans due to system limitations, but a ban for botting is generally permanent. So they might've reapplied the ban for botting you already had.

Their service is bad regarding botting, but keep in mind they have to ban so many people for botting they can't really go into single cases. Best option would be Twitter. Reddit and RSOF won't work.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• Rating: < -5 | 4 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Elysian Duck

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:10 PM

In the past they couldn't issue long bans due to system limitations, but a ban for botting is generally permanent. So they might've reapplied the ban for botting you already had.

Their service is bad regarding botting, but keep in mind they have to ban so many people for botting they can't really go into single cases. Best option would be Twitter. Reddit and RSOF won't work.

RSOF is actually the best if you have access to the max level RSOF

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

4w3Bc9n.png

MA8JzzV.gif

Ppj1oVu.jpg

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#17 Fire Hawk154

Fire Hawk154

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:58 PM

Max forum and clan leader forum are basicly the only places you can get any JMod interaction on the RSOF, but I doubt he has access to either of them. There're also a couple of JMods on Discord.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 mattycatman

mattycatman

quest cape count 2

Posted 20 January 2018 - 7:16 PM

Max forum and clan leader forum are basicly the only places you can get any JMod interaction on the RSOF, but I doubt he has access to either of them. There're also a couple of JMods on Discord.

what discord?

rsof?

Friend of mine was banned on his ironman as he played more efficient than macro programs for prolonged times. Did you perhaps use mousekeys?

no

Posted Image

#19 Fire Hawk154

Fire Hawk154

Posted 21 January 2018 - 4:34 AM

Mostly private Discord channels, I don't know if there's a public RS discord as JMods would get spammed on there.

RSOF = RuneScape Official Forum.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 mattycatman

mattycatman

quest cape count 2

Posted 21 January 2018 - 8:27 AM

I guess if i had tits or was a well known twitch / youtuber i may have some luck..

Posted Image

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: