Feel free to post your opinion of the Top 10/20/30 clans in RuneScape - please carefully observer the following rules.
1. DO NOT SPAM.
- This includes excessive posting, you shouldn't need to post a list every day or two times a day. If you want to post two lists in such a short time period (for example less than a day) you can simply re-make your list by editing your last post made on the topic.
- This basically falls under rule number one, but to explain further: do not in any way refer to another persons list. This includes quoting and comments about there list as well as "retaliations" because someone posted an unfavorable comment about a clan you're in / like. Breaking this rule will likely result in an suspension, regardless of whether it's your first offence or not.
- Basically only make your top list, there is no need to put in an extra section for clans that didn't make your list. The reasoning for this is that many people abuse "mentioning" as a way to either advertise their own clan or talk down and insult another clan.
- Find a post offensive? Then use the [Report] button at the bottom of that person post, the report WILL be reviewed within a short time and if the person is in the wrong then they will be punished. Rather than causing spam, flames, and trouble for yourself, simply report the post.
- This topic is for top lists, not to flame or flame bait another clan. If you do ANYTHING that we feel is an attempt to put down or target another clan then you WILL face punishments (e.g. suspension).
- The changing of clan initials (e.g. DS = BS) is prohibited. Under no circumstances, joking or not, are you to change the given initials of a clan. You are to use their full, appropriate initials to avoid your post being perceived as a flame/flame-bait.
1. Different types of lists -
- We welcome different types of lists as long as they are SENSIBLE and thought out, things like "Top 10 war list", "Top 10 pk list", "Top 10 on paper", etc. lists are fine as long as they follow all other rules. If these are clearly made to negatively isolate another clan, they will be removed.
- We're fine with comments that are simply there to describe a clan or things that contributed to you ranking the clan. Things like "Active", "Been unstoppable lately", "Seem to be in a slump", etc. are fine however EXCESSIVE comments that rant on and on about a clan will simply get your post removed, we do not need a 3 paragraph lecture on every clan. Also comments that are overly negative or solely there to put down a clan are not allowed. Taunts (and all comments that are made TO a clan instead of ABOUT the clan) are not allowed. Any derogatory remark or cheap shot will be removed.
Recently we've noticed a lot clans using the top-10/20/30 sticky as a way to flame or flamebait other clans, no clans nor names are mentioned but we have decided to be more strict and enforce our current rules when it comes to explaining why you rank a certain clan in that position.
Good post: #13 - [Clan]: Haven't been accepting many wars lately.
Bad post: #13 - [Clan]: They never war because they are scared and they keep making bs excuses.
We will still allow everyone to explain why they decide to rank a certain clan on that position. Keep comments to justification of your ranking, however, and not for the purpose of discussing a fight, directly addressing a clan, or 'making a point' through your list explanation. We will become a lot more strict when it comes to flaming and flamebaiting in the top 10/20/30 topic. If you push the envelope, we will push back.
We kindly ask everyone who posts in the top-10/20/30 topic to prevent from flaming or flamebaiting, I'm sure most of you are mature enough to follow this very simple rule. The topic is active and will most likely stay that way, we don't want it removed but we have to be more strict and enforce our rules in order to not get any flame wars there. Cause lately it was starting to get close to it.
In short: Do not flame or flamebait in the top-10/20/30 sticky. If you are caught flaming, moderators WILL take further action and there's a chance of you facing a suspension. Also, remember, punishments are at the individual moderator's discretion.
Thanks for your cooperation!
- The CD CL team