Zybez RuneScape Community was shut down on September 17th, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-12-02 at 04:28. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Join us on Discord, ZybezNet clan and Zchat friendchat.

We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo
OSRS

Every Clan Should Use This 07 Memberlist by Mojo

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 EVO Colton

EVO Colton

Founder of Evolution

Posted 01 December 2017 - 1:36 PM

The other day I was introduced to a website made by the leader of Wilderness Guardians that hosts a clan memberlist. The website is synced to CrystalMethLabs and updates every member listed on the website every 24 hours with their full combat stats. If one of your clan members has had a name change their name will appear grey and is super easy to update. There is also an option to add ranks to each member just like there is in game which I heard was just introduced to the website last week. I can honestly say this was super easy to set up without having any help at all and I was able to complete our entire memberlist in just over an hour time. Editing & adding new members is also SUPER easy to do as well. This website is beneficial for clans like ours because we don't have an offsite to host a memberlist on so this helps out tremendously. It would also be a great way to figure out if any of your members are multi-clanning if we were to get a majority of the clans on this website. Another great thing about this website is it's 100% FREE! Mojo spent a lot of time on building this website for the clan community and in my opinion every clan should use this website. I could see there being an issue with some clans that do similar name changes like "CTCTCT" being hard to track but even if you just put their previous known username in there that would be a good way to get around that. It might not track their stats if you don't put their exact username but it would still act as a solid memberlist. Shout out to Mojo from WG for creating this website & go check it out. If you need any help setting it up feel free to message me or discord (Colton#5748 capital C) or PM Mojo on discord (Mojo#2878 capital M) to get you clan added/further questions.

Link to website: https://2007clans.com/index.php

a0khbSa.png

#2 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• Rating: < -5 | 4 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Elysian Duck
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 01 December 2017 - 1:43 PM

It's nice, but I think some people deliberately don't want a public ML..

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

4w3Bc9n.png

MA8JzzV.gif

Ppj1oVu.jpg

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#3 EVO Colton

EVO Colton

Founder of Evolution

Posted 01 December 2017 - 1:51 PM

It's nice, but I think some people deliberately don't want a public ML..

I would understand if bigger clans like Rot, CT, Rev etc wouldn't want a public ML for obvious reasons but there are hundreds of clans out there that could benefit from this website. For us we don't care if the community sees our memberlist because were not going to be one to try & get leaks in other clans. But I understand leaking is a tactic used in several top-tier pk clans so I could see some of them shy away from the idea of a public ML.

#4 Ace

Ace

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Renegades Fan Club

Posted 01 December 2017 - 1:54 PM

Does it show the actual in-game names? I can't see it by any pvp clans if it does. 

#5 EVO Colton

EVO Colton

Founder of Evolution

Posted 01 December 2017 - 1:59 PM

Does it show the actual in-game names? I can't see it by any pvp clans if it does. 

It currently doesn't update the in game names but if the in game name is incorrect it will be grayed out. So as I was saying above for clans that have similar name changes like "CTCTCT" could simply put in their previous name example "CT JON DOE" so its not confusing or extra work. If clans really didn't want to list a couple of their members on the list then they simply dont add them

#6 Stl Arrow

Stl Arrow

War is not about who is right, Its about who is left

• RS Name:Stl Arrow
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 01 December 2017 - 2:30 PM

Definitely something to look into.

#7 Ace

Ace

• Clan:Renegades Fan Club

Posted 01 December 2017 - 2:34 PM

It currently doesn't update the in game names but if the in game name is incorrect it will be grayed out. So as I was saying above for clans that have similar name changes like "CTCTCT" could simply put in their previous name example "CT JON DOE" so its not confusing or extra work. If clans really didn't want to list a couple of their members on the list then they simply dont add them

In pvp names are a big deal. You don't want your callers names out there, nor do you want your recruits names out there either as in crash wars they tend to end up camped. Then there's specific members who might give poor performances whose names you don't want everyone to constantly be privy to. Add all of this up and it's a small chunk for a clan to keep of the memberlist. 

I really just don't see the point to this outside of giving clan's without offistes a place to have a memberlist. It's rather easy to spot anyone who's trying to multiclan, if you have trouble doing so it says more about your clan honestly. Most clans have their own memberlists and it's been working out pretty well. Those that don't or want to change are free to but I don't see a lot of clans over here doing so. If you don't have an offsite with a memberlist then go right ahead, I'm glad Mojo made this for people in your situation but I wouldn't prance in here expecting the majority of clans here to change for this.

Edited by Ace, 01 December 2017 - 2:38 PM.

#8 EVO Colton

EVO Colton

Founder of Evolution

Posted 01 December 2017 - 2:54 PM

In pvp names are a big deal. You don't want your callers names out there, nor do you want your recruits names out there either as in crash wars they tend to end up camped. Then there's specific members who might give poor performances whose names you don't want everyone to constantly be privy to. Add all of this up and it's a small chunk for a clan to keep of the memberlist. 

I really just don't see the point to this outside of giving clan's without offistes a place to have a memberlist. It's rather easy to spot anyone who's trying to multiclan, if you have trouble doing so it says more about your clan honestly. Most clans have their own memberlists and it's been working out pretty well. Those that don't or want to change are free to but I don't see a lot of clans over here doing so. If you don't have an offsite with a memberlist then go right ahead, I'm glad Mojo made this for people in your situation but I wouldn't prance in here expecting the majority of clans here to change for this.

I can see where you are coming from on this and can agree on some standpoints but I guess it really comes down to paranoia. For as active as my clan is in the PvP scene I don't see how this list would verify who the actual callers are. It simply just shows the players stats/rank/rsn. I'd agree slightly why some clans who already have a ML on their offsite would think this is stupid, one thing I've noticed in the community is no one likes change. Same reason people have been using/paying for teamspeak the past 10+ years when they could use discord & have all the capabilities of Teamspeak x10 and not ever having to pay a dime. I've heard ppl use teamspeak still bc they can get everyone's ip address that joins but imo if you have to have someones ip address before they join your clan that's petty. For clans though that don't have any type of strong pvp presence like the hundreds of pvm clans out there could benefit from this

#9 Adrenalized

Adrenalized

Legion

Posted 01 December 2017 - 3:12 PM

The real question is what is the actual purpose of having a ML?

sl5iCmh.png

#10 EVO Colton

EVO Colton

Founder of Evolution

Posted 01 December 2017 - 3:18 PM

Well it's nice for larger clans like ours to keep track of everyone. It helps figure out who is inactive or who needs to be ranked up. It's an organization tool really for clans that have a decent sized memberbase. Before this we used discord in place for this which sucked really but now having this website is a big relief for us. 

#11 darklord1848

darklord1848

Posted 01 December 2017 - 3:33 PM

Not a bad idea.

"Power is always dangerous, it attracts the worst and corrupts the best, I never asked for power, power is only given to those who are prepared to lower themselves to pick it up"

#12 kenan

kenan

• Rating: < -5 | -2 | +5 >
  • Clan:Revenant
  • Team:Ruin

Posted 01 December 2017 - 4:35 PM

Probably better then slushpuppys scuffed ml
[06:06] <CandyClouds> i'd moan and squirm around a little, not being able to stay still from the pleasure ur tongue is causing

#13 Countymad

Countymad

Posted 01 December 2017 - 4:43 PM

Good work Evo Colton.

ynWtXow.png
4JloU0p.png

#14 Adrenalized

Adrenalized

Legion

Posted 01 December 2017 - 6:22 PM

Well it's nice for larger clans like ours to keep track of everyone. It helps figure out who is inactive or who needs to be ranked up. It's an organization tool really for clans that have a decent sized memberbase. Before this we used discord in place for this which sucked really but now having this website is a big relief for us.
Do you not take attendance at events? Lol

sl5iCmh.png

#15 TopOne1111

TopOne1111

• Rating: < -5 | -2 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Top1
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:CUTTHROAT

Posted 01 December 2017 - 6:30 PM

aight bro we will def. use it :D

#16 EVO Colton

EVO Colton

Founder of Evolution

Posted 01 December 2017 - 7:41 PM

Of course we take attendance. Have you been a staff member in a clan that has an active member base of over 100 lol? We don't hold mandatory events like most clans do we leave the choice to the members if they want to attend events or not. We have several members for example that only go on small PvM trips like duo or trio that don't make it to official events. There's also people that may not be able to attend events because of a timezone or IRL issue. Having a member base of 310 people is difficult to track at times given the little resources available. 

Pm me on discord so I can get you linked with Mojo :) Colton#5748 capital c

#17 F a l c o

F a l c o

• Rating: < -5 | -3 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Free
  • Clan:NA

Posted 01 December 2017 - 8:33 PM

no thanks

#18 Mike KF

Mike KF

★★★★★

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >
  • RS Name:KF
  • Clan:Vanguard
  • Team:Omega

Posted 01 December 2017 - 8:49 PM

clans that use offsite forums have their own built in private MLs, no established clan would use this realistically 

»Advisor of Vanguard 

5W5yZTN.gif

The Day Olympus Fell

Spoiler

#19 Adrenalized

Adrenalized

Legion

Posted 01 December 2017 - 9:14 PM

no thanks

Of course we take attendance. Have you been a staff member in a clan that has an active member base of over 100 lol? We don't hold mandatory events like most clans do we leave the choice to the members if they want to attend events or not. We have several members for example that only go on small PvM trips like duo or trio that don't make it to official events. There's also people that may not be able to attend events because of a timezone or IRL issue. Having a member base of 310 people is difficult to track at times given the little resources available. 

Pm me on discord so I can get you linked with Mojo :) Colton#5748 capital c
if you take attendance then why do you need a ml to determine activity. XD

sl5iCmh.png

#20 Elrond140

Elrond140

hotter than hell

• Clan:The Rising

Posted 02 December 2017 - 4:28 PM

lol nah