We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo
OSRS

Issues with the polling system/ is the clan community hurting itself?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Gintoki

Gintoki

• Rating: < -5 | 2 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Bentoki
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Afrobros
  • Team:zchat

Posted 12 November 2017 - 2:51 PM

So we had the wilderness rejuvination poll last week. Rev caves passed, none of the rewards did, they are attempting to repoll pretty much the came thing with further clarification though it doesn't really feel like the community will vote for anything for PvPers. I think the main issue with this is that people aren't going to vote for content which makes it easier and more profitable to kill them while they are out doing clue scrolls. In conjunction with this, the clanning community isn't the most delightful bunch, it's not uncommon to be sworn at, to see racist commments, some pretty disgusting stuff being thrown your way when you're getting teamed by about 20 people for an inventory of lobsters. It's pretty well accepted that ddossing, doxing, scamming, luring and bug abuse are just a part of the community also. It's no wonder that people vote no to this kind of thing when they are treated like such when in the wilderness.

I'm not saying that this is a good or bad thing, it's just the state of things. Every time you kill a clue hunter and spam vitriol, that's a vote against vestas, when you hide and dd at Vetion, wait for the loot message to come up and pile the guy in a 20 vs 1 match in multi, that's a vote no to loot keys. They tried polling whether specific people should have access to specific polls, but that was voted against due to not being able to police such a thing. If they set a criteria for 200 kills in the wildy, you can just ask your clan of 20 to let you kill them all 10 times each.

Just a little food for thought. I dabble in a little deep wildy bridding, a little BH Dhing, edge bank bridding, and I love pking, always have. The pking community in its toxicity sticks out like a sore thumb and its no wonder that when content gets polled to make the game better for them, it gets denied almost every time.

xD4B8ER.png

#2 jax

jax

• Rating: < -5 | -4 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Reign of Terror

Posted 12 November 2017 - 4:33 PM

pvp updates will never pass on a game where pvp players account for less than 20% of the player base unless they somehow benefit pvmers too

maybe - mods

stop deleting my posts mods

#3 Ace

Ace

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • Clan:Renegades Fan Club

Posted 12 November 2017 - 4:45 PM

The pvp community has always been toxic, but so are the other communities within the game. People vote for whats in their best interests and either ignore or vote no for anything that doesn't concern them. 

#4 CrazedMayhem

CrazedMayhem

Posted 12 November 2017 - 5:29 PM

I vote no to pretty much every pvm content they put up but unfortunately for every one player like me there are atleast 5 pvm'ers out there voting no to pvp content.

Former member of: The British Devils-2005, British Crusaders-2005, Korrupted 0rder 2005-2006, No Remorse 2009

Former Leader of: The Final Stand 2006-2009 & 2010-2012

Proud Member of: Green Bandits 110+

11mde8j.jpg    

#5 Superwog

Superwog

Posted 12 November 2017 - 7:13 PM

Already gave up on that poll when i read they were tweaking the armour so they couldn't be used to break pvm records. When the wider community cares about trivial crap it's pretty obv it won't pass.

IMO just cancel the update, waste of time and potentially spreads pking even more..

http://jaja-rs.com/community/

[/background]

Proud Leader - #RS-Oblivion
Proud TM - #notorious

Current #JaJa

0ttERK5.png

#6 vikvik

vikvik

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >
  • RS Name:vik
  • RS Status:Free
  • Clan:Unbreakable

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:25 AM

not really

#7 .Ravose.

.Ravose.

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:The Rising

Posted 14 November 2017 - 2:52 AM

In conjunction with this, the clanning community isn't the most delightful bunch, it's not uncommon to be sworn at, to see racist commments, some pretty disgusting stuff being thrown your way when you're getting teamed by about 20 people for an inventory of lobsters. It's pretty well accepted that ddossing, doxing, scamming, luring and bug abuse are just a part of the community also. It's no wonder that people vote no to this kind of thing when they are treated like such when in the wilderness.

The pking community in its toxicity sticks out like a sore thumb and its no wonder that when content gets polled to make the game better for them, it gets denied almost every time.

The sad truth is that what I have kept quoted are exactly the problems with the current mainstream clan community that we know of. This started prior to OSRS, but has continued to fester in toxicity. The points you mentioned have pretty much turned aside numerous people from contemplating the thought of joining clans, which sucks but can be understandable, to a degree. Some clans can be toxic, overall, but the problem is down to certain individuals in some clans - as most people look forward to competitive fights (whether CWA or PvP). But from an outsider's perspective, that toxicity from individuals represent a whole, which then deters them from considering to partake in an idea to join up with a clan.

So over time, the shrinkage of clan members and clans, have generally caused a less interest in clan/PvP-related content and rewards. It makes sense though - why incorporate content that the overall community of OSRS do not want? Like you said, people do not want to be killed for venturing out with whatever food/gear they have, to be ridiculed and such. Though to me, it sounds trivial to make a big deal out of online words, the other truth is that those people getting killed in the Wilderness, do not come from the backgrounds that some of us have (being part of clans that bait/flame/have some toxic moments), so of course they would not want those communities to have an edge.

Overall, it's a shame when PvP content gets polled, things do not go the way we, as clanners/PKers, would like - but it's also understandable in some sense. The clanning community will eventually reach a dead point and hopefully in time, we will see newer communities rise from where we may have messed up. But that is probably a couple years from now. Until then, those of us who still partake in PKing/Warring will just have to deal with it.

#8 Subsonic

Subsonic

• RS Name:HC Subsonic

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:06 AM

There is NO issue with the current polling system, if the majority of players in OSRS don't want an update it won't get implemented.

Edited by Subsonic, 14 November 2017 - 11:07 AM.

FNC_Subsonic.png

#9 Reminiscon

Reminiscon

Posted 11 January 2018 - 1:00 AM

Democracy sucks, I say tear it down and rebuild it as a MERITOCRACY.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: