Zybez RuneScape Community was shut down on September 17th, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-12-01 at 02:23. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Join us on Discord, ZybezNet clan and Zchat friendchat.

We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

Do you talk about RS IRL?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 TopOne1111

TopOne1111

• Rating: < -5 | -2 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Top1
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:CUTTHROAT

Posted 19 August 2017 - 5:51 PM

Aye I had the same problem during that second phase you described. If anyone asked I'd be adamant in saying I stopped playing years ago. (and sorry to read about what's happened IRL)

Too much words my eyes cant handle it

are you ok with telling people you still play RS now

that's like saying "im gay" so hell nah

#22 KORKZ

KORKZ

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:36 PM

Yea............ I'd probably get chewed out by people i know for playing rs. That gets kept privately

#23 EVO Colton

EVO Colton

Founder of Evolution

Posted 08 September 2017 - 4:46 PM

Very interesting topic actually. I remember when I used to play my freshman/soph year in high school and I feared any of my friends ever found out that I played Runescape. I remember when football practice was close to being over and I was so excited to go home and scape lmao. Now being 21 years old I love talking about the game to my friends/family. I run a large clan so I tell a couple of my close friends and family all about it when im in the mood. I remember calling so loud one day during a fight and my dad opened the basement door and yelled "shut up" but he knew what I was yelling for and thought it was pretty cool actually. 

#24 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

• Rating: < -5 | 3 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Mew Lp
  • Clan:Cu Clux
  • Team:Rocket

Posted 10 September 2017 - 6:11 PM

Very interesting topic actually. I remember when I used to play my freshman/soph year in high school and I feared any of my friends ever found out that I played Runescape. I remember when football practice was close to being over and I was so excited to go home and scape lmao. Now being 21 years old I love talking about the game to my friends/family. I run a large clan so I tell a couple of my close friends and family all about it when im in the mood. I remember calling so loud one day during a fight and my dad opened the basement door and yelled "shut up" but he knew what I was yelling for and thought it was pretty cool actually. 

Reminds me of when I talked to my mum about Zybez/RSC. First time was explaining I had entered the Suggestions Competition when she asked what I was doing (browsing the forums to keep tabs) on holiday in India, and more recently when explaining that I ran the Blogs & Comics Team. Again after she asked why I was spending so much time on my computer (proofreading/editing articles and etc). :lol:

XabJkFa.png

GuthixUnder-1.png

“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#25 Manga

Manga

Protagonist

Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:57 PM

Nah, most of the people I work with now don't play PC games, and don't know about the game. I don't know a single person IRL right now that knows what RuneScape is for better or worse.

2nrn3g9.png 7cNTC8v.png

#26 X FS

X FS

• RS Name:X FS
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:PVM OUTPOST

Posted 26 September 2017 - 9:48 AM

nobody to talk to :(

#27 Cheap Labour

Cheap Labour

• RS Name:Adellund
  • Clan:SOTC
  • Team:none

Posted 30 October 2017 - 7:18 AM

no I don't. I'm too cool for that /s

/10char?

#28 Grabbin

Grabbin

• RS Status:Free
  • Clan:Revenant
  • Team:Clan Rope

Posted 30 October 2017 - 8:11 AM

Nah, but just because it doesn't really come up. If anyone asked I'd probably say that I'm playing RS I guess, because I actually don't give a **** lol

lFGrpcJ.gif

#29 Only1Bader

Only1Bader

• RS Name:Only1Bader

Posted 27 November 2017 - 7:16 AM

Well, 12 years ago yeah I told people because i was a teenager and it was pretty hyped about in my school. Now the only people to find out I play is whoever is in my house on my PC and will see the clients. Then i'll openly admit to it but i never tell anyone out of the blue

OSRS Skills & Goals                                                               RS3 Skills & Goals - Stopped playing in 2013 for OSRS

Only1Bader.pngOnly1Bader.png  

Only1Bader.pngOnly1Bader.png

Only1Bader.png

#30 Reminiscon

Reminiscon

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:58 AM

Yeah all the time idc what people think

#31 arch3r_eat3r

arch3r_eat3r

Posted 22 January 2018 - 1:55 AM

Only talked about it with friends or if I tried to get someone to play it. 

(These threads make me so nostalgic...sigh...)

#32 Dox17

Dox17

Verified ✓

• Rating: < -5 | 2 | +5 >
  • Team:Damage Inc.

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:12 PM

If I meet someone and they're obviously gamers I'll bring it up. Not sure why people are ashamed to play RS more than any other video game. 

9xMzqdN.gif

0sj0La8.gif

Original DI Join Date: March 4th, 2006, 12:51 PM | LccAhzq.png

Spoiler

#33 Ninjasteak

Ninjasteak

ʕ༼◕ ౪ ◕✿༽ʔ

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:56 PM

I used to be quite secretive about it. I'm not afraid to discuss it now with roommates, friends, strangers... just not my supervisor.  :XD:

I find that people actually listen if you talk about your journey and how much time it took to get there. If they're avid gamers, they can profoundly relate to you.

Most people currently in their 20s-30s have heard of the game, some have played it, however I haven't met a single person (in-person) who still plays.  :-/

ej7Gt3j.png?1J6DOj1k.png?17UHJ5hb.png?1 AGLrJYT.png?1ej7Gt3j.png?1

Achievements, Questions, & Competition Staff • Zchat Team • ZybezNet Team Leader

Global Moderator

kRV29fz.png

#34 Jack

Jack

★★★★★

Posted 24 January 2018 - 2:52 PM

yeah; when people ask me how I can afford a Maserati at 24 I tell them about RoT and how much money we've made
LAYu8mJ.png MQeijsF.png
Cj11o9Y.gif

#35 Bactine

Bactine

Glorious Pandemonium

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Bactine
  • Clan:Zybeznet
  • Team:Zchat

Posted 25 January 2018 - 5:29 PM

what are irl friends?

v6AYOe9.png

1GQnAhh.jpg

WPvGHL0.jpg

OHnktVA.png

#36 WhatsWelfare

WhatsWelfare

Posted 31 January 2018 - 1:45 AM

i told my girlfriend i play runescape and she left me 

#37 .Ravose.

.Ravose.

• Rating: < -5 | 1 | +5 >
  • Clan:The Rising

Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:51 PM

Fairly late to the discussion but honestly, I have a very select few friends who do play OSRS and those people I do not mind talking about in regards to the game. The girl that I am talking to right now irl, she also knows I play and when I suggested for her to give it a go - that was a no-no haha. Realistically though, I don't really care too much anymore with who knows what game I play. I've had previous High School friends who also played, so to me, it was a game that people played in the shadows but it truly didn't feel all that "secretive" to me. We all enjoy playing games and this one should not make any difference. But I have fallen off from playing this one in particular. My only interest is in warring and when I bring up RS to anyone, I often show them the large-scaled form of fights that I have participated in and they almost always are surprised at how many people were on the battlefield. The good 'ol days y'know?

#38 2QO7

2QO7

Posted 09 February 2018 - 1:35 PM

haha nice!

#39 Nae Danger

Nae Danger

• RS Name:Nae Danger
  • RS Status:Free

Posted 09 February 2018 - 1:50 PM

Yea sometimes don't see why not

#40 ChainGang 815

ChainGang 815

• Rating: < -5 | -1 | +5 >
  • RS Name:ChainGang815
  • Clan:JAJA

Posted 16 February 2018 - 2:04 AM

naw lol only my girl knows about it and my nephews think my game has ****ty graphics compared to theirs hahahaha #feelingoldyet?

GXibNYEm.gif

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: