We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo
OSRS

You have the power to add any piece of content to OSRS imminently

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Gintoki

Gintoki

• Rating: < -5 | 2 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Bentoki
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Afrobros
  • Team:zchat

Posted 02 August 2017 - 2:16 PM

Something from pre-eoc, something original, a mixture of the two, what would you add?

Edited by Gintoki, 02 August 2017 - 10:37 PM.

xD4B8ER.png

#2 Tribbyy

Tribbyy

G.O.A.T.

Posted 02 August 2017 - 2:24 PM

Bolas , staff of light Bc it looks way cooler then toxic staff imo, pvp armor and corrupted dragon for f2p would all be dope

#Nemesis 

SmKdi6U.png

Tribbyy#5000 on Discord

#3 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

• Rating: < -5 | 3 | +5 >

Posted 02 August 2017 - 2:27 PM

Goliath gloves.

Can I also have the option to remove one piece of content? If so, ballista.

~It's too late if it burns when you pee

#4 Calum

Calum

Posted 02 August 2017 - 2:28 PM

Rev Cave with some sort of non-op version of Summoning to hold food, also liked poly and gano. 

#5 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• Rating: < -5 | 4 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Elysian Duck

Posted 02 August 2017 - 2:29 PM

Stealing Creation, hands-down. Anyone disagreeing with me is scared of me stealing their runes again.

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

4w3Bc9n.png

MA8JzzV.gif

Ppj1oVu.jpg

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#6 Wee Man

Wee Man

Чистой ненависти номер один

Posted 02 August 2017 - 2:39 PM

Bounty Hunter Craters, bank and stairs, Fist of Guthix Cave and move Clan wars Arena back to the wild to encourage smaller teams to form around the safe areas (which all these were). All available for F2P as well.

A2xdnTr.png

X2LvGU2.png

#7 EvilVictoria

EvilVictoria

☢ ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢

Posted 02 August 2017 - 3:04 PM

Bounty Hunter Craters, bank and stairs, Fist of Guthix Cave and move Clan wars Arena back to the wild to encourage smaller teams to form around the safe areas (which all these were). All available for F2P as well.

No sense having crater back since there are worlds dedicated to BH. A lot of people don't want the wilderness terrain to change (unless it were added on to, not edited), and if it were added at a much deeper level, I doubt anyone would want to travel it. The idea of safe zones directly *in* the wilderness is dumb and actually reduces travel based risk if a safespot is literally 10 levels South of where you're being attacked (Too easy to tank out to safety). Not to mention that the crater is inherently a bad idea due to the fact that it was designed to replace the wilderness in its entirety, and effectively reduced the active combat space comparative to the wilderness quite substantially. Why participate in a minigame that effectively handicaps roaming and restricts you from leaving with winnings you've earned regardless of whether the victim was your target or not instead of just PKing in the wild, or on a PvP/BH world? I can't say that this is a good idea in any sense because, well... it's not.

Fist of Guthix being reintroduced could be fun, but doesn't have to be housed within the wilderness. The nature of the minigame doesn't warrant it as it is a safe minigame. New rewards would be nice to see.

Reintroducing the revenant dungeon with Corrupt PvP P2P/F2P gear being reintroduced and balanced out appropriately. Miasmic spells were busted as **** and no one wants to re-live that unless their attack speed reduction values were a bit less totally crippling. They eliminated counterplay to a rather disgusting extent.

Further expansions to the wilderness with new monsters, creative resources and mini games would be seriously badass. By expansions I do refer to increasing the active size and depth of the area without majorly changing what currently exists. A lot of people appreciate new content while maintaining familiarity with pre-existing zones.

Y6Bo23z.gif

ykgufJW.gif

9tTTw4a.gif

#8 Wee Man

Wee Man

Posted 02 August 2017 - 3:15 PM

No sense having crater back since there are worlds dedicated to BH. A lot of people don't want the wilderness terrain to change (unless it were added on to, not edited), and if it were added at a much deeper level, I doubt anyone would want to travel it. The idea of safe zones directly *in* the wilderness is dumb and actually reduces travel based risk if a safespot is literally 10 levels South of where you're being attacked (Too easy to tank out to safety). Not to mention that the crater is inherently a bad idea due to the fact that it was designed to replace the wilderness in its entirety, and effectively reduced the active combat space comparative to the wilderness quite substantially. Why participate in a minigame that effectively handicaps roaming and restricts you from leaving with winnings you've earned regardless of whether the victim was your target or not instead of just PKing in the wild, or on a PvP/BH world? I can't say that this is a good idea in any sense because, well... it's not.

Fist of Guthix being reintroduced could be fun, but doesn't have to be housed within the wilderness. The nature of the minigame doesn't warrant it as it is a safe minigame. New rewards would be nice to see.

Reintroducing the revenant dungeon with Corrupt PvP P2P/F2P gear being reintroduced and balanced out appropriately. Miasmic spells were busted as **** and no one wants to re-live that unless their attack speed reduction values were a bit less totally crippling. They eliminated counterplay to a rather disgusting extent.

Further expansions to the wilderness with new monsters, creative resources and mini games would be seriously badass. By expansions I do refer to increasing the active size and depth of the area without majorly changing what currently exists. A lot of people appreciate new content while maintaining familiarity with pre-existing zones.

The low levelled safe areas are all I'm interested in, not the actual minigames. These safe areas are what lead to CC teams forming which is what lead to a lot of new blood for the clan world and clanning/pvp are the only things on RS i actually enjoy. Minigames, resources and monsters are just boring and eventually dead content that would never pass a poll because of crybaby PvM/Skillers who vote no to all pvp content especially wilderness content.

A2xdnTr.png

X2LvGU2.png

#9 EvilVictoria

EvilVictoria

☢ ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢

Posted 02 August 2017 - 3:24 PM

No sense having crater back since there are worlds dedicated to BH. A lot of people don't want the wilderness terrain to change (unless it were added on to, not edited), and if it were added at a much deeper level, I doubt anyone would want to travel it. The idea of safe zones directly *in* the wilderness is dumb and actually reduces travel based risk if a safespot is literally 10 levels South of where you're being attacked (Too easy to tank out to safety). Not to mention that the crater is inherently a bad idea due to the fact that it was designed to replace the wilderness in its entirety, and effectively reduced the active combat space comparative to the wilderness quite substantially. Why participate in a minigame that effectively handicaps roaming and restricts you from leaving with winnings you've earned regardless of whether the victim was your target or not instead of just PKing in the wild, or on a PvP/BH world? I can't say that this is a good idea in any sense because, well... it's not.Fist of Guthix being reintroduced could be fun, but doesn't have to be housed within the wilderness. The nature of the minigame doesn't warrant it as it is a safe minigame. New rewards would be nice to see.Reintroducing the revenant dungeon with Corrupt PvP P2P/F2P gear being reintroduced and balanced out appropriately. Miasmic spells were busted as **** and no one wants to re-live that unless their attack speed reduction values were a bit less totally crippling. They eliminated counterplay to a rather disgusting extent.Further expansions to the wilderness with new monsters, creative resources and mini games would be seriously badass. By expansions I do refer to increasing the active size and depth of the area without majorly changing what currently exists. A lot of people appreciate new content while maintaining familiarity with pre-existing zones.
The low levelled safe areas are all I'm interested in, not the actual minigames. These safe areas are what lead to CC teams forming which is what lead to a lot of new blood for the clan world and clanning/pvp are the only things on RS i actually enjoy. Minigames, resources and monsters are just boring and eventually dead content that would never pass a poll because of crybaby PvM/Skillers who vote no to all pvp content especially wilderness content.

So you justify adding a minigame that is unnecessary/one you don't care for to add a new safezone to the game? From a healthy development perspective this makes zero sense. It would serve the same purpose that edgeville serves now, but for level 20 wilderness and giving people a more direct option for safety in a single combat zone that is close to MULTIPLE multi combat zones. Even from 40 wilderness this could theoretically be easy to tank to and eliminates more risk associated with what is supposed to be the most dangerous area in the game.

Edited by EvilVictoria, 02 August 2017 - 3:24 PM.

Y6Bo23z.gif

ykgufJW.gif

9tTTw4a.gif

#10 Wee Man

Wee Man

Posted 02 August 2017 - 4:22 PM

No sense having crater back since there are worlds dedicated to BH. A lot of people don't want the wilderness terrain to change (unless it were added on to, not edited), and if it were added at a much deeper level, I doubt anyone would want to travel it. The idea of safe zones directly *in* the wilderness is dumb and actually reduces travel based risk if a safespot is literally 10 levels South of where you're being attacked (Too easy to tank out to safety). Not to mention that the crater is inherently a bad idea due to the fact that it was designed to replace the wilderness in its entirety, and effectively reduced the active combat space comparative to the wilderness quite substantially. Why participate in a minigame that effectively handicaps roaming and restricts you from leaving with winnings you've earned regardless of whether the victim was your target or not instead of just PKing in the wild, or on a PvP/BH world? I can't say that this is a good idea in any sense because, well... it's not.Fist of Guthix being reintroduced could be fun, but doesn't have to be housed within the wilderness. The nature of the minigame doesn't warrant it as it is a safe minigame. New rewards would be nice to see.Reintroducing the revenant dungeon with Corrupt PvP P2P/F2P gear being reintroduced and balanced out appropriately. Miasmic spells were busted as **** and no one wants to re-live that unless their attack speed reduction values were a bit less totally crippling. They eliminated counterplay to a rather disgusting extent.Further expansions to the wilderness with new monsters, creative resources and mini games would be seriously badass. By expansions I do refer to increasing the active size and depth of the area without majorly changing what currently exists. A lot of people appreciate new content while maintaining familiarity with pre-existing zones.

So you justify adding a minigame that is unnecessary/one you don't care for to add a new safezone to the game? From a healthy development perspective this makes zero sense. It would serve the same purpose that edgeville serves now, but for level 20 wilderness and giving people a more direct option for safety in a single combat zone that is close to MULTIPLE multi combat zones. Even from 40 wilderness this could theoretically be easy to tank to and eliminates more risk associated with what is supposed to be the most dangerous area in the game.

No, what I said was I just want the areas, not the minigames associated with them. They were all in multi combat zones, they all drew a huge amount of people who hung around there looking for easy kills which lead to the formation of informal teams which lead to larger clan chat based teams who then were hunted by slight larger established clans who in turn were hit by even bigger established clans. It was a way for hesitant noobs to get a taste of PvP and even a taste of what clanning was like. The BH crater itself I'm not particularly bothered about but the bank and stairs area that came with it is what I specifically want. The old clan chat teams used to just lap between these safe areas, they'd mass up at GE/Varrock church. get as many people as possible, walk up north to FOG then Bh Stairs to the north west, then the Chaos Alter to the south east and then north east to CWA and back again just hitting whoever and eventually running into other small teams or groups. That's what I want back.

A2xdnTr.png

X2LvGU2.png

#11 DI Zain

DI Zain

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 02 August 2017 - 4:31 PM

rev caves

gkNBoFo.gif

#12 T yrone

T yrone

ROTK TYRONE DAWG #LMFAO CUCK ARMY MAD

Posted 02 August 2017 - 4:59 PM

korasi

#13 Pkpete

Pkpete

TUP at heart

Posted 02 August 2017 - 4:59 PM

Horses. They're srictly for Pvp, and are lost upon death. If you use a spear or hasta while riding a horse you do 25% more damage and move 2x as fast as running. Horses cost 1m, and can be bought in the edgeville stables. Horses add 20hp to your health.

I'd also add the staff of life, which would be basically the same deal as the staff of the dead, only it could use sara strike and the spec would reduce ranged damage instead of melee.

Edited by Pkpete, 02 August 2017 - 5:01 PM.

Ex Warlord of Tup - 37 - 0 war record.
Founder, and leader of 3xtermination start to finish. Rest in Peace 3xtermination.
Damage Inc Cannon Fodder
Founder/ Head Advisor of Legacy. Rip Legacy.
Ex Warlord of Dark Dragon Breath.

Ex Leader of Buffalo Soldiers
Moses of Rot
Premier of Red Army. http://ra-rs.pw to fight for the Motherland!
Edit October 14th: Oh, what became of the likely lads? What became of the dreams we had? What became of forever? Oh what became of forever, we'll never know.

#14 EvilVictoria

EvilVictoria

☢ ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢

Posted 02 August 2017 - 6:07 PM

No, what I said was I just want the areas, not the minigames associated with them.

That is actually not at all what you conveyed in your original post, but okay, that makes more sense. Still completely against safezones existing directly *IN* the wilderness for previously stated reasons.

Edited by EvilVictoria, 02 August 2017 - 6:33 PM.

Y6Bo23z.gif

ykgufJW.gif

9tTTw4a.gif

#15 Fap Blast

Fap Blast

Posted 02 August 2017 - 6:38 PM

d claws

dfdb6f78cf44f8957d4dc0181d2bbbc1.png

#16 Wee Man

Wee Man

Posted 02 August 2017 - 7:00 PM

No, what I said was I just want the areas, not the minigames associated with them.

That is actually not at all what you conveyed in your original post, but okay, that makes more sense. Still completely against safezones existing directly *IN* the wilderness for previously stated reasons.

Sorry if you misunderstood. Let's agree to disagree I guess.

A2xdnTr.png

X2LvGU2.png

#17 Tova

Tova

Respect

Posted 02 August 2017 - 9:30 PM

Dungeoneering

JK

nothing that comes to mind, maybe clan chat? 

joz1Vos.gif

Cutthroat  Forums || Discord

#18 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

• RS Name:Mew Lp
  • Clan:Cu Clux
  • Team:Rocket

Posted 03 August 2017 - 4:45 AM

Rev cave and Fist are good ideas. I really enjoyed pissing around with both of them.

Would people want Citadels? Or is that too much dirty free XP or something?

XabJkFa.png

GuthixUnder-1.png

“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#19 Arceus

Arceus

Dr. Pengy

• RS Status:Free

Posted 03 August 2017 - 6:38 AM

Rev cave and Fist are good ideas. I really enjoyed pissing around with both of them.

Would people want Citadels? Or is that too much dirty free XP or something?

That might be interesting - and it's not difficult to fix that aspect, just pare back the XP by an appropriate factor. Is mining at the citadel, for example, more afk than motherlode mine? Chopping the tree more so than cutting maples? Seems like it would be commensurate with those at worst since you also have no monetary gain from gathering citadel resources, whereas training (at least production skills) the traditional ways tends to yield some profit in a more substantive way than RS3.

I don't think it could actually happen though as citadels in general are a coding nightmare for Jagex. (Even integrating Clan chat into OSRS proved to be too much of a challenge, unfortunately.)

Need any RS help? PM me in-game (PM *always* on!) or here and I'll do my best to either help out or point you in the right direction. Don't be shy!

#20 Gintoki

Gintoki

• Rating: < -5 | 2 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Bentoki
  • Clan:Afrobros
  • Team:zchat

Posted 03 August 2017 - 7:20 AM

Bolas , staff of light Bc it looks way cooler then toxic staff imo, pvp armor and corrupted dragon for f2p would all be dope

Bolas were good fun, brings range up slightly with magic as a means of stunning people. My only complaint was that they were way too cheap for what they were, Jadinko cave would be a welcome addition to OSRS though I think.

Goliath gloves.

Can I also have the option to remove one piece of content? If so, ballista.

The Dominion Tower is probably one of my favourite past times on RS, going through every boss and just claw speccing them out was too much fun. Goliaths on WFS, Swift gloves pking (the triple d bolt hits).

Stealing Creation, hands-down. Anyone disagreeing with me is scared of me stealing their runes again.

I didn't have you pinned as a thief  :#

Never really was a fan of SC, didn't put many hours into it but I think I appreciated a bunch of people taking a break for some double xp. Jagex (Mod Matt K mainly) seems to think that SC was far too overpowered for OSRS, though :|

They were so much fun, a little more inventive and risky than the ones we have at the moment. I remember running for my life after getting a kill and people were trying to kill me, a bit of an experience. Pre-eoc did kind of re-introduce this with the crucible, which was pretty alright  and very popular but obviously EoC killed it.

xD4B8ER.png

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: