We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

What is your least favorite skill?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 zinx maramee

zinx maramee

May the Truth be exposed.

Posted 16 May 2017 - 2:19 PM

I used the search tab and was not able to find any recent threads on the subject of people's least favorite skill. So I decided to ask. What is your least favorite skill to train? Or skills? Or what skill do you find to be the most useless? Or maybe shouldn't even be in the game? In my opinion, I think the fire making skill could definitely be considered one of the more useless ones. It's also one of my least favorite to train. In fact, any skill that I can't just AFK and right-click, automate while training is really my most despised. It's really what turns me off from playing this game to begin with. Mainly because I can't continuously stare at Runescpae and continue clicking and stay focused. My most hated skills to train are:

Farming. 

Agility.

Thieving. 

Mining.

Fire making.

Hunter.

Construction. 

Please note: I haven't played in years. If there is a way to automate some of these skills. I do not know of it, lol. Also, this thread isn't meant to criticize the game for some of it's boring, grindy skills. It's to get a gauge on how you guys like them - or deal with them. 

{.:123 Combat:.}{.:Zinx Maramee:.}{.:I'm Upset but I Keep on Smiling:.}
Posted Image
{.:Self-proclaimed BA OG of the Divine Forces and Clan World.:}
{.:Ex-Council of The Divine Forces:.}
{.:Click Here To See My PK Gallery:.}

#2 Tribbyy

Tribbyy

G.O.A.T.

Posted 16 May 2017 - 2:40 PM

Never was a fan of agility mining and thieving

#Nemesis 

SmKdi6U.png

Tribbyy#5000 on Discord

#3 Afterglows

Afterglows

ROTS ♥

• Rating: < -5 | 0 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Afterglows
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 16 May 2017 - 3:01 PM

Agility, may God help the ones that think it's a fun skill.

#4 EvilVictoria

EvilVictoria

☢ ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢

Posted 16 May 2017 - 3:49 PM

I can understand everyone having a genuine dislike for agility. However, it is one of the easiest skills to train (No cost, higher xp rates per hour on average than most skills) and the benefits of using different shortcuts and the time cutdown on energy recharging is too valuable to pass up.

There's other skills that are genuine GP sinks that provide limited to no benefit. Aside from burning logs, firemaking has extremely limited use, and up until the release of wintertodt, was one of the aforementioned sinks. Most of the use you'll get out of this skill will be relative to quest requirements, only requiring a maximum of 60 in this skill to complete each quest bearing a firemaking requirement.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of farming. No doubt it is an extremely useful skill and provides resources useful to other skills as well, but XP rates are rather abysmal, with higher xp drop grows requiring a lot of time and a high cost to gain. Huge GP sink if you want quick leveling, but it is one of the more useful non combat skills in the game.

Edited by EvilVictoria, 16 May 2017 - 3:50 PM.

Y6Bo23z.gif

ykgufJW.gif

9tTTw4a.gif

#5 Danne

Danne

Posted 16 May 2017 - 4:44 PM

Construction because it's expensive and click instensive

mcU4TJA.gif

mMknUZz.gif

#6 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

• Rating: < -5 | 3 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 16 May 2017 - 6:18 PM

Hunter is consistently my worst skill. The low levels are so slow I can't stick with it.

~It's too late if it burns when you pee

#7 EvilVictoria

EvilVictoria

☢ ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢

Posted 16 May 2017 - 6:56 PM

Hunter is consistently my worst skill. The low levels are so slow I can't stick with it.

Just stick with netting salamanders, the xp rates are much faster than you think.

Y6Bo23z.gif

ykgufJW.gif

9tTTw4a.gif

#8 Demais

Demais

#FinalOwnage

Posted 16 May 2017 - 6:59 PM

playerkilling

FSpABcS.gif

#9 The Fighting Irish

The Fighting Irish

• Rating: < -5 | -5 | +5 >
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Revenant

Posted 16 May 2017 - 7:04 PM

Mining

Posted Image

#10 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• Rating: < -5 | 4 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Elysian Duck

Posted 16 May 2017 - 7:20 PM

Hunter: broken skill. Your camo gear doesn't even work. Early levels are horrible to train, later on it becomes too click-intensive.

Thieving: I actually enjoy thieving, until cake stalls are no longer a viable option. I feel pickpocketing is so slow and intensive, whereas blackjack thieving is basically a surefire way to get RSI. Pyramid Plunder is an option too, but the endless amount of Ow! always bother me. Plus the scarabs.. :-(

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

4w3Bc9n.png

MA8JzzV.gif

Ppj1oVu.jpg

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#11 I Love You

I Love You

Forever. ♥

• Clan:Divine Forces

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:14 PM

Slayer. Never really been a fan of like combat training (AFK'd everything with NMZ xd) and I always have to hop for free cannon worlds. I remember one time a few months ago where I hopped the entire world list and there was no free Fire Giant world in Nieve's cave. 

I wish it is always You. Only You and I.

4uF1y.png

Forums

hoW5M5P.gif

#12 Sciamachy

Sciamachy

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:41 PM

Normally I'd say RC because of how low the xp rates are for a skill that's non afk-able and low profit (until higher levels) but Blood/Soul RC has made me enjoy it by fixing a few of those issues.

Now when I think of skills I just cba to train Farming always seems to be first on that list. It's really expensive if you want decent xp rates and you have to time your gameplay around the growth cycle of crops. Feels really intrusive since it's not something I can just put an hour or two into and see results. Legit all of my xp has come from Tithe farming since it's 0 cost and a bit click intensive but halfway decent xp and instant.

Surprised to see hunter so high on everybody's lists. Doing salamanders is really fast and once you can do chins it becomes really good gp and xp. Anti-pking at black chins is also really fun since you can rack up profit and xp in-between low risk, unskulled fights. With a good spec weapon, dragon bolts, venge, and 3 other +1s it's incredibly easy to stack someone out. Plus if you bring a lot of brews you'll generally outlast your opponent's food due to the amount of equipment singles pking requires making nearly impossible to die unless you're up against a team.

Edited by Sciamachy, 16 May 2017 - 11:45 PM.

Founder of Red Army

#13 0yy xonro

0yy xonro

Posted 17 May 2017 - 2:33 AM

Hunter sux

Leaks not allowed in sig - Magick

BROKEN LMFAO

#14 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

• RS Name:Mew Lp
  • Clan:Cu Clux
  • Team:Rocket

Posted 17 May 2017 - 7:20 AM

At the risk of sounding like a broken record player, I also can't stand Farming and Slayer. They're just so mind-numbingly boring to me (yes, I know this is RuneScape lol) hence why they've always been my lowest skills. Agility...not so much... I mean it's definitely not one of my favourites and I'd never go out of my way to train it, but meh. It's...beareable?...sort of?... I'd talk about Invention but I honestly still have literally no idea how it works so figured it'd be unfair to flag the bugger up in detail as well haha.  

Agility, may God help the ones that think it's a fun skill.

Have you met Jaddy? :XD:

XabJkFa.png

GuthixUnder-1.png

“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#15 Zq50

Zq50

♕ Zq50 ♕

• Rating: < -5 | 2 | +5 >
  • RS Name:Zq50
  • Clan:Exodus
  • Team:Silent Ember

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:46 AM

Runecrafting. It should just be apart of magic or crafting. It's like they were trying to make a skill complete torture.
Posted Image

#16 Greasy Forehead

Greasy Forehead
  • Clan:Reign of Terror

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:54 AM

probly firemakeing i dont even like puttin food in the oven

#17 Only1Bader

Only1Bader

• RS Name:Only1Bader

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:31 PM

Least favourite was FM until they released Wintertodt so now its either Thieving or Mining

OSRS Skills & Goals                                                               RS3 Skills & Goals - Stopped playing in 2013 for OSRS

Only1Bader.pngOnly1Bader.png  

Only1Bader.pngOnly1Bader.png

Only1Bader.png

#18 Filz

Filz

¥ Pekay- ¥

• RS Name:Filz
  • Clan:Reign Of Terror

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:32 PM

Slayer bro I h8 that *****

jvq0Xd0.pngn4waNsk.png

WxF1MUm.gif

I63VdP6.gif

Spoiler

#19 Grabbin

Grabbin

• RS Status:Free
  • Clan:Revenant
  • Team:Clan Rope

Posted 17 May 2017 - 1:11 PM

Hunter, Mining, Runecrafting I guess. And slayer, **** slayer.

lFGrpcJ.gif

#20 MarkJong

MarkJong

• Team:Vitality

Posted 17 May 2017 - 2:56 PM

Slayer, it's either incredibly slow, expensive(cannoning tasks) or annoying(barraging tasks). 

I only do some wildy slayer tasks, but that gets pretty boring as well, because it's not much different from regular slayer. The PKers either stay at 99 hp, or they're noobs and run once you attack em back. And you still have to cannon most tasks to get some decent exp. 

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: