We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

FBI Director confirms investigation into Trump/Russia collusion

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Rob

Rob

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:59 PM

Full hearing video: https://www.c-span.o...russia&live

Interesting takeaways:
  • Both the FBI/NSA say there is absolutely no information within the US Government that supports Trump's claims of Obama wiretapping him, nor is it possible for any president to do so. A FISA judge would have to approve such a wiretap in the context of a criminal investigation.
  • Trump also claimed that Obama had previously requested a wiretap and a judge rejected it - this was also debunked. Didn't happen. No such request was made or rejected.
  • NSA director agreed that Trump's claim of the British spying on him on behalf of the Obama administration was "nonsense" and "baseless".
  • FBI Director confirmed that there is an active investigation into whether the Trump campaign had any coordination with Moscow. This investigation has been ongoing for several months.
  • FBI Director: Russia and Putin were specifically aiming to "hurt our democracy, hurt her, help him" - exact quote.
  • FBI Director: Putin "hated" Clinton because he believed she was involved in inciting protests against his regime in 2011. 
  • FBI/NSA: Russia essentially used WikiLeaks as a proxy to release their hacked material. 
So, I guess that poses the question: does Trump owe the country an apology for spewing verified falsehoods? Does he owe the former President an apology for accusing him of a felony based on no information, an accusation that has now been confirmed to be without evidence or merit? Will he stop his outlandish twitter rants and cease hurling baseless accusations at everyone he doesn't like? Will he retract his statement that Russia working to influence our election and help get him elected is "fake news" and "made up by the Democrats" when not only has it been confirmed, but the FBI is actively investigating beyond that and into possible collusion by his campaign?

I think most of us know the answer is of course, but it'll never happen. If there's one thing Trump knows it's that he's always right and nobody is smarter than him. Would be quite the hit to his very fragile ego to admit he was wrong and apologize publicly for it. We're talking about a President who rather than getting his information from the various intelligence agencies at his disposal chooses to watch hours of Fox News a day and re-tweets conspiracies that surface on breitbart and other fringe alt-right sources.

Either way, none of this looks good.

Edited by Rob, 20 March 2017 - 02:00 PM.

#2 MVP

MVP

NOLU - We Are Millwall

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:03 PM

There's no way he's going to last the whole term. Sky's request-a-bet wouldn't even give me a price on Trump to leave office by the end of the year.

KrPODlD.png

xuLlzzs.png

Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllll

#3 Magick

Magick

Outrageous

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:22 PM

The sad thing is that his supporters have already made up their mind, as soon as he said it, that it is a fact. And no one, not that FBI/NSA, will convince them otherwise. It will be interesting to see the mental gymnastics that surface.

Posted Image

#4 Minin Cracka

Minin Cracka

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:03 PM

The circus that is trump is just that. If it wasnt for the fact that he has actual power it would be pure entertainment. You couldnt ask for a more exciting crapfest of reality tv than the trumps as the presidential family.

He needs to realize that this is infact real not a joke. Stop staying at the resorts to meet with people. Move the damn first lady into the white house and stop wasting all the tax payers money on security at trump towers. For a guy who ran as "america first" and "wont take a salary" he sure is blowing through tax payers money.

I didnt have a candidate in the race at the end and i was honestly hoping trump might prove people wrong but all he is proving is he is as narcissistic as everyone thought and as much as mike pence worries me as a president, id rather he take over after an impeachment occurs. He atleast knows how to play the political game and might go with the status quo until we can get a redo.

That being said.. both sides of the aisle need to look at what the voters did.. and listen to their concerns and drop the bs.

After looking at the dutch election thread i am truly jealous of they party structure they have and hate we are basically forced to support either a douche bag or turd sandwich... or basically waste a vote on 3rd party which deserves it more but because its not backed by the major funding stamd no shot.

http://img44.imagesh...90630204228.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

#5 The duck

The duck

The Community Duckā„¢

• RS Name:Elysian Duck
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:24 PM

FBI is doing good work and unbiased (they first went after Clinton, now Trump). Interested to see the outcome.

After looking at the dutch election thread i am truly jealous of they party structure they have and hate we are basically forced to support either a douche bag or turd sandwich... or basically waste a vote on 3rd party which deserves it more but because its not backed by the major funding stamd no shot.

Since people need to work together for a majority ruling there is a chance you end up wth a douche bag and a turd sandwich at the same time though :#

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

Ppj1oVu.jpg

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#6 Rob

Rob

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:00 PM

http://www.businessi...ing-2017-3?op=1

So apparently Trump was tweeting out falsehoods and mischaracterizing Comey's statements while the hearing was happening, so a senator fact-checked him live and asked Comey if Trump's tweet was accurate. Both hilarious and tragic at the same time. Tragic because once again, Trump has shown that he's either grossly incompetent or deliberately lies at every opportunity. And his cult-like base eat it all up without question.

And gotta love the Benghazi nut Trey Gowdy spending the whole time crying about the leaks, rather than a foreign adversary "undermining our democracy" in the words of Comey. He even went as far as saying that reporters who published leaked material should be prosecuted. The hypocrisy is mind-blowing considering he didn't say a damn thing when Trump & co. were weaponizing leaked documents to attack Hillary Clinton for the entire campaign. But that'd require a backbone and intellectual consistency which he has neither.

Spoiler

Edited by Rob, 20 March 2017 - 07:35 PM.

#7 Bow

Bow

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:38 PM

I caught a few headlines throughout the day but had to catch up on a little of it tonight.  Everything in the hearing was things that I feel were going to be the outcome of the hearing.  I think it is very unfortunate that our agencies that depend on secrecy and strive for equality have to go out of the way to go into the limelight just to try and set the record straight.  At the same time, even if it is not the normal route they have taken in the past, their legitimacy and purpose needs to remain in tact because of their influence into the backbone of the entire country.

In the end, he will continue his assault on these branches as long as he is allowed to.  Not because he doesn't trust them, but because he wants everyone to doubt everything that comes from any institution.  Ironically, that would also meaning having doubt in him.  

I would much rather see the future being discussed but we're too wrapped up in the crap of the past and we cannot move beyond that it seems.

1QdnOee.png

#8 Yoto32

Yoto32

Any tree can drop an apple: I'll drop the freakin' moon.

• RS Name:Yoto
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Dark Slayers

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:39 PM

FBI is doing good work and unbiased (they first went after Clinton, now Trump). Interested to see the outcome.

I find myself really wanting to believe the best of Comey, but I have some questions I'd like to know by the end of this. Namely, he's consistently said he doesn't comment on ongoing investigations - which is good, I completely understand why that is necessary. So why did he comment on Hillary's email investigations by sending a letter to Chaffetz, against the DoJ's recommendation? Rumors I've heard was that the FBI New York office was caught up reading anti-Hillary propaganda and would have leaked the Weiner emails if Comey didn't say anything. That means best case scenario Comey doesn't have as much control over the FBI as he needs to.

Since people need to work together for a majority ruling there is a chance you end up wth a douche bag and a turd sandwich at the same time though :#

That's I think the biggest misunderstanding between American elections and European elections. The end result of the government is the same: You have a coalition of conservatives vs a coalition of liberals, the only difference is that in America we decide the coalitions before the election and in Europe they decide it afterwards.

http://www.businessi...ing-2017-3?op=1

So apparently Trump was tweeting out falsehoods and mischaracterizing Comey's statements while the hearing was happening, so a senator fact-checked him live and asked Comey if Trump's tweet was accurate. Both hilarious and tragic at the same time. Tragic because once again, Trump has shown that he's either grossly incompetent or deliberately lies at every opportunity. And his cult-like base eat it all up without question.

.I need to point out that it wasn't a Senator: this was a meeting of the House Intelligence Committee. They are all Congressmen.

And gotta love the Benghazi nut Trey Gowdy spending the whole time crying about the leaks, rather than a foreign adversary "undermining our democracy" in the words of Comey. He even went as far as saying that reporters who published leaked material should be prosecuted. The hypocrisy is mind-blowing considering he didn't say a damn thing when Trump & co. were weaponizing leaked documents to attack Hillary Clinton for the entire campaign. But that'd require a backbone and intellectual consistency which he has neither.

.That suggesting of punishing reporters actually shocked me most about the hearing. I can understand being concerned about the intelligence community leaking (although let's be real there are really only partisan concerns behind either side), but punishing the press?? That's so blatantly unconstitutional I can't even believe a Congressman would suggest such a thing. The entire point of a press is to leak things that the powers that be don't want to be leaked. We have a freedom of the press for a very good reason.

There She Is, Scott Pilgrim, Homestuck
Posted Image
Posted Image
Senior Moderator | Proud Ex-Leader of Aftermath

Yeah but what I talk about is complete nonsense the vast majority of it

#9 2avage

2avage

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:59 PM

This whole thing has been a mess. First Obama / his administration the FBI and trump said Russia had zero influence on the election. Now the FBI is saying it's possible this did occur. Our FBI has a terrible track record recently and Comey specifically has embarassed the organization. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Edited by 2avage, 21 March 2017 - 12:59 PM.

Ex Legendary Slayer of Dark Slayers
Ex Leader of Aftermath
Ex Founder / Leader of End of Tradition
Ex High Council of Clan Auris
Ex Fr (lol)
Ex Veteran of Violent Resolution

Quit since Eoc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size: