We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

Zybez Reads: Volume One

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Pkpete

Pkpete

TUP at heart

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:53 AM

Hey guys,

I try to read as much as I can in my free time as I believe that it's essential for growth as an individual because stories offer perspectives that we might not otherwise have. My idea is that (initially) we as a community (those interested) read a book together, and discuss it. Obviously, not everyone has the same amount of time, nor the same priorities, so discussion would have to be tagged with spoilers as to not dissuade latecomers from participating.

The books ought to be generally accessible in the sense that they won't require extensive efforts to find, as we want to encourage as many people as possible to participate.

Let's kick this off in April, so in the meantime, nominate a book, and we'll vote on a selection as a community in the coming weeks. So feel free to suggest a book.

Example: Title, author, and why it ought to be read.

Edited by Pkpete, 15 March 2017 - 07:53 AM.

Ex Warlord of Tup - 37 - 0 war record.
Founder, and leader of 3xtermination start to finish. Rest in Peace 3xtermination.
Damage Inc Cannon Fodder
Founder/ Head Advisor of Legacy. Rip Legacy.
Ex Warlord of Dark Dragon Breath.

Ex Leader of Buffalo Soldiers
Moses of Rot
Premier of Red Army. http://ra-rs.pw to fight for the Motherland!
Edit October 14th: Oh, what became of the likely lads? What became of the dreams we had? What became of forever? Oh what became of forever, we'll never know.

#2 The duck

The duck

The Community Duck™

• RS Name:Elysian Duck
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:00 AM

Good idea.

I recently found these short literature stories. It's easy to read and comment on

http://www.opencultu...ree-online.html

Alice Munro is her name

pLiLWr2.png

5y3uOuI.png

Ppj1oVu.jpg

Blogs Team Leader & CL of Questions, feel free to PM me with suggestions or ideas

#3 spoonheb

spoonheb

Friendly Ghost

• RS Status:Member

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:23 AM

Good idea Pete. I don't have a ton of free time but would participate if I could finish the book or story quickly.

~It's too late if it burns when you pee

#4 Gintoki

Gintoki

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:30 AM

Could also just get people to sign up of a months worth of audible (first month is free) so that they can listen to these books in their free time.

I'd like to suggest the second Sherlock Holmes story, "The Sign of the Four" which is about Watson meeting his wife, takes you back in time to some old English language and its generally quite the enjoyable read.

#5 Run To GDZ

Run To GDZ

• RS Name:Run To GDZ
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:23 AM

Could also just get people to sign up of a months worth of audible (first month is free) so that they can listen to these books in their free time.

I'd like to suggest the second Sherlock Holmes story, "The Sign of the Four" which is about Watson meeting his wife, takes you back in time to some old English language and its generally quite the enjoyable read.

only if u broadcast the audible on ts

jBJrlhY.png

f5hrR6F.png

#6 Gintoki

Gintoki

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:37 AM

only if u broadcast the audible on ts

I would never use such primitive software

#7 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:44 PM

I'm on Kindle Prime or whatever it's called right now so would be happy to join in, providing the book is on there for free. Unless I can nab Audible as Gin suggested or bully you guys to read something I already own. :suspect:

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#8 EvilVictoria

EvilVictoria

Dr. Victoria

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:54 PM

I can get in on this.

I'll suggest "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams. It's a pretty goofy story I'm sure plenty of you will enjoy.

Description:

"Seconds before the Earth is demolished to make way for a galactic freeway, Arthur Dent is plucked off the planet by his friend Ford Prefect, a researcher for the revised edition of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy who, for the last fifteen years, has been posing as an out-of-work actor."

BPhWvrW.png

Fxu8Qzp.gif

#9 Pkpete

Pkpete

TUP at heart

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:10 PM

We got any more nominations yet?

Imagine if Rot had a jr clan? Could probably beat all the other clans still. 

Edited by Pkpete, 18 March 2017 - 03:21 PM.

Founder, and leader of 3xtermination start to finish. Rest in Peace 3xtermination.
Damage Inc Cannon Fodder

Moses of Rot
Edit October 14th: Oh, what became of the likely lads? What became of the dreams we had? What became of forever? Oh what became of forever, we'll never know.

#10 Minin Cracka

Minin Cracka

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:30 AM

Adventures of huckleberry finn by mark twain.

A classic riddled with still relavant topics.

Edited by Minin Cracka, 19 March 2017 - 08:30 AM.

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/2766/090630204228.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

#11 Pkpete

Pkpete

TUP at heart

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:23 AM

We'll start voting for April in a few days, so if anyone has any suggestions post them asap rocky.

Damage Inc Cannon Fodder

Moses of Rot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: