We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo
OSRS

[OSRS] Skills with high returns while being afk

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 need_99_all

need_99_all

• RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:ZChat
  • Team:ZChat

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:55 AM

So, We all have that one moment, quite often, where we just want to be logged on while watching other stuff on the side after that zulrah or rc or gwd grind and doing minimal effort while still making them gains and earning gp.

What i was wondering and really interested in knowing is that which skills have the highest return as the level increases while being afk. As a baseline we all know that making cballs is about 230-250k gp/hr and it is very afk. Other skills that come into my mind that are afk(ish) are:

• Woodcutting(magics/yews/mahogany?)
  • Mining(MLM)
  • Fishing(monks,sharks, dark crabs?, anklerfish?)
  • Cooking

So, now which skills would be more or equal too the gp/hr of making cballs and at what level ? Furthermore which skills would be the highest gp/hr when at 99. I would like to know your opinions.

Personally, i believe that mlm would beat making cballs at around level 85, and which the update coming to make it more afk, it would become even better some extent.

While suggesting, please keep in mind that i'm specifically asking for skills that can be afk(ish). So RC/Slayer wouldn't be a good suggestion at all.

Edit-Grammatical.

Edited by need_99_all, 15 February 2017 - 10:56 AM.

MELPIif.png3eeBLcU.jpg

#2 I Love You

I Love You

Forever. ♥

• Clan:Divine Forces

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:34 PM

230-250k p/hr for cannonballs seems really high. o_O Pretty sure it's only 150k gp/hr or so (just going to use that).

Woodcutting - Pretty sure neither Yews or Magic trees come out to be more than 150k p/hr, especially with how cheap both are currently. Wouldn't even consider Mahogany logs since there's no easy way to bank them. It's been awhile since I did them but even at 99, pretty sure Magics max 120k p/hr.

Mining - Pretty sure it gets to around Cball level once you hit 70 for addy and surpasses 150k p/hr once you get 85. Don't think it gets over like 200-250k gp/hr though. It's decent but not the best.

Fishing - Dark crabs are the best AFK money making method I'm pretty sure, assuming you have wilderness elite. I got around 300 crabs p/hr and even though dark crabs took a big drop in price, they're still around 370k gp/hr atm (depends on price but I was getting 300 p/hr consistently when I was doing it). After that I'm pretty sure Zulrah scale fishing is best though that's dependent on your cooking/fishing level. Think with 99/99 on both, you should get somewhere around 200-225k p/hr? Then I think it goes sharks with dragon harpoon, Anglerfish and monkfish are all a bit under the 150k gp/hr cannonballs are, being around like 130k or so? Hard to give exact levels, but Dark Crabs is easily the best at 99.

Cooking - Can cook around 1.2k raw fish p/hr (depends how much you're AFKing of course). Obviously depends on the prices of raw/cooked fish as well as if you're 99 cooking so you don't burn any. As for currently though, assuming you're cooking 1.2k p/hr, cooking sharks/dark crabs is around 130k gp/hr, monkfish is around 110k gp/hr, and anglers are around 80k gp/hr. This is just from a quick search and the prices aren't set since the price of food often goes up and down. Sometimes things give more gp/hr than others, just need to check the margins. For example, I just checked and it seems like karambwans have around a 250 gp margin between cooked and uncooked. o_O Unsure how long that'll last but yeah.

Maybe not worth a mention but cutting logs for fletching is decently AFK though it doesn't meet that cball level. Still another option.

Personally preferred dark crabs, although the requirements are steep. Probably one of the most AFK methods since the fishing spot never moves and always good money since the bait is always cheap and dark crabs will always hold a decent value because of how much they heal. Granted I haven't been there since the release of raids so unsure how bad pking is there now with the new weapons/prayers (seen videos where fishers got 2 specced by claws and such). However, before it wasn't too hard to escape pkers if they came.

I wish it is always You. Only You and I.

4uF1y.png

Forums | 'True 2k8' Clanchat | @DivineForces | YouTube | #DF @ SeersIRC | Memberlist

hoW5M5P.gif

#3 need_99_all

need_99_all

Posted 15 February 2017 - 01:14 PM

personally i wouldn't prefer a pvp spot for "afk-ing", but wow, thanks for that detailed info.

I think that mining at mlm would be better option for me [ i've head tht gem mining in the basement of shilo village gem mine is decent xp/hr and gp/hr with glory equipped] , since i'm already at 73 mining.

Gonna wait till that qol shift+left click drop option gets added into the game(since it's going to pass the poll) then wiil probably get onto power fishing.

Edited by need_99_all, 15 February 2017 - 01:16 PM.

MELPIif.png3eeBLcU.jpg

#4 I Love You

I Love You

Forever. ♥

• Clan:Divine Forces

Posted 15 February 2017 - 01:24 PM

I personally prefer it cause of the GP/HR and how the spots never moved. And the way I did it, I just turned on the middle bar sounds and never looked back onto my RS screen until I hear a notification that either my inventory is full or that I'm getting attacked. I suppose that always left the possibility that I'd get 1 hit with like a barrage/ags stack but 31m fishing exp and it didn't happen so I guess I was lucky. :3

And fair, gem mining is decent exp although if you don't mind doing something that's good exp/click intensive to get your Mining up, you may want to look into Blast Mining.

Best of luck with MLM/power fishing/whatever you decide to do. :)

I wish it is always You. Only You and I.

4uF1y.png

Forums | 'True 2k8' Clanchat | @DivineForces | YouTube | #DF @ SeersIRC | Memberlist

hoW5M5P.gif

#5 Amor_De_Rey

Amor_De_Rey

There can only be one king.

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:23 PM

Mlm is pretty "ok" i guess. Been there for 40 levels non stop since jan and atm i have around 4m in ores. If i remember correctly i have 14k coal, 5k gold ore, 1k addy, 3k mithril. Can be more or less i have to double check. But if semi afk is what your looking for mlm would be a wise choise but definitely not 250k/hr.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 need_99_all

need_99_all

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:32 PM

Right, Starting MLM [ made about 100k in the last hour] . Dreading the favour to get for blast mining lol.

But yeah, I guess the highest return is given by fishing with wildy fishing in the end.

MELPIif.png3eeBLcU.jpg

#7 Scaphe

Scaphe

• RS Status:Member

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:23 PM

I personally fish anglers , i get around 200k per hour but that's at 97 fishing. 

redwoods would have been a great option when they were 1.3k each log but unfortunately they have dropped in price. 

Cooking is also a good money maker, especially now that there is the hosidius kitchen where you can stop burning certain food at lower levels. Cook monkfish with cooking gauntlets + hosidius kitchen from 82 cooking til 89 then switch to sharks at 89, pretty decent profit

#8 need_99_all

need_99_all

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:32 PM

I personally fish anglers , i get around 200k per hour but that's at 97 fishing. 

redwoods would have been a great option when they were 1.3k each log but unfortunately they have dropped in price. 

Cooking is also a good money maker, especially now that there is the hosidius kitchen where you can stop burning certain food at lower levels. Cook monkfish with cooking gauntlets + hosidius kitchen from 82 cooking til 89 then switch to sharks at 89, pretty decent profit

damn didn't know that, ty!

MELPIif.png3eeBLcU.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: