Photo

The Ironman Addiction?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 zGoat

zGoat

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:48 PM

So, ever since I stopped afk fishing and mining on my Ironman and very firstly started its introduction to combat/slayer/questing I have abandoned my main.

Like all my previous goals have gone. Its all Ironman!

Am I the only one?

Is this the way of the Goat.

You are now about to witness the strength of Goat knowledge.

Goat in Iron

0vjB8Du.pngGoat_in_Iron.png

#2 Gintoki

Gintoki

Posted 12 February 2017 - 01:06 PM

There is certainly a little more of an allure to training an ironman than a main when things pick up, more of an achievement for just about everything that you do. I play mine on and off but I still prefer my main really, just a little more freedom.

#3 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 12 February 2017 - 01:07 PM

I'd never be able to do Ironman or HCIM. I'm not organised enough to plan out my RS life to survive through self-sufficiency just for a day, let alone forever. I remember MetalManiac9 had a huge thread in Achievements way back before Jagex jumped onto the bandwagon - the guy was a monster (if anyone else remembers him, he was legit right?). In fact his ridiculous progress is what permanently put me off the idea in the first place haha. So my deepest of respect for all you guys who take up the gauntlet and run with it.

I won't lie, though, I laugh my arse off whenever I see a HCIM death announcement. Hardest when I first heard about people going out of their way to hunt them down in the Wilderness. Humans are such *****. :XD:

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#4 zGoat

zGoat

Posted 12 February 2017 - 01:16 PM

I won't lie, though, I laugh my arse off whenever I see a HCIM death announcement. Hardest when I first heard about people going out of their way to hunt them down in the Wilderness. Humans are such *****. :XD:

I do not understand why people chose Hardcore Ironman, its only a matter of time till the servers disconnect you anyway.

Goat in Iron

#5 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 12 February 2017 - 01:30 PM

Doesn't a HC death in OS just turn you into a regular Ironman (or at least since recently)? I know on RS3 you can buy a Jar of Divine Light to revive after death or a Book of Diplomacy to turn the modes off altogether. In my opinion these completely defeat the point, after all everyone knows what they've signed up for, but whatever...

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png
“People are continually pointing out to me the wretchedness of white people in order to console me for the wretchedness of blacks. But an itemized account of the American failure does not console me and it should not console anyone else. That hundreds of thousands of white people are living, in effect, no better than the "African Americans" is not a fact to be regarded with complacency. The social and moral bankruptcy suggested by this fact is of the bitterest, most terrifying kind.”

#6 Rheumatism

Rheumatism

• RS Name:Rheumatism
  • RS Status:Oldschool

Posted 13 February 2017 - 05:20 PM

I think most people play HCIM on OS because it's no different than a regular ironman, and hey why not? If they die in the process, they'll just be a regular ironman :D 

Nothing to lose basically.  :-D

Plus red icons are better than gray ones..

#7 zGoat

zGoat

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:01 PM

I think most people play HCIM on OS because it's no different than a regular ironman, and hey why not? If they die in the process, they'll just be a regular ironman :D 

I'm just butthurt because I didn't pick hcim when making my account. And got no more username accounts left, I ain't about none of that email log-in crap.

Goat in Iron

#8 Rheumatism

Rheumatism

• RS Name:Rheumatism

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:44 PM

I'm just butthurt because I didn't pick hcim when making my account. And got no more username accounts left, I ain't about none of that email log-in crap.

You're not missing out, really. Checking to see if I have my RoL before every slayer trip, being super safe and overprepared for everything... is really stressful. 

Also, no email log-ins here too! So OG  :wink:

#9 Ursu

Ursu

• RS Name:Ursu
  • Clan:zCHAT
  • Team:zCHAT

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:43 PM

It really all depends on you and your game-style.

Some people enjoy the grind of getting an item or the grind of achieving a level, while others do not.

I played one for a little, but I just couldn't bother myself with the grind towards the end. Much rather buy it then grind for it.

#10 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:44 PM

So in 3 months 30.2% of all OS HCIM accounts have died. :lol:

https://twitter.com/...084053881724930

http://imgur.com/73RnBDZ (death locations map)

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png

#11 zGoat

zGoat

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:19 PM

So in 3 months 30.2% of all OS HCIM accounts have died. :lol:

https://twitter.com/...084053881724930

http://imgur.com/73RnBDZ (death locations map)

Just seen this. All them red dots in the wilderness :L Why do HCIM even go there?

Goat in Iron

#12 Murdoc

Murdoc

*autistic screeching*

Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:34 AM

Clue scrolls, isn't it? Makes them as easy target for both PK'ers and NPCs like hellhounds haha.

mew-lp.png

XabJkFa.png
GuthixUnder-1.png

#13 zGoat

zGoat

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:48 PM

Those guys who do that max combat hcim grind then dc while boss'ing :L I would literally go insane over it. Some of the reaction videos online are funny as hell. The hcim who die on stream though even better.

Goat in Iron

#14 Dox17

Dox17

Verified ✓

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:00 AM

ye dont trust the servers enough to devote all my time to a HCIM

B6vtfW6.png

Original DI Join Date: March 4 2006, 12:51 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font: