We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

Just a thought?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 KingTheGreat

KingTheGreat

=The Grim Reaper=

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:35 PM

Wouldn't it be better to have clans in the clan recruitment section that have no members, no valid website, or shown that they are indeed closed be removed from the clan recruitment thread? Instead of people looking through the complete list of clans that are officially closed, could maybe get a few more members to clans? This is mainly to the Staff.

Also another thing, what do you consider a official clan?

For me personally, I think an official clan has offsite forums, a Teamspeak/Discord for people to chat in, and already established thread on Zybez.

Others are just groups of friends or teams.

☠Reapers of Runescape

Posted Image

☠Leader/Founder: Reapers of Runescape!

#2 The Fighting Irish

The Fighting Irish

• RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Revenant
  • Team:imperium

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:37 PM

Howdy reaper 8)
#Revenant

#3 Lavapheonix2

Lavapheonix2

Perhaps

• RS Status:Member
  • Team:magebank

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:08 PM

Wow. This might be worst topic I've ever seen in CD

Stealing another clan's signature is against the rules. Don't put it back. - Yorick

#4 Christy

Christy

UNC Official

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:20 PM

I was under the impression that when a clan closes their topic gets locked (given that they clan reports their closure or a moderator takes notice) but glancing through the forum that might not be the case.  I think it would be worthwhile to lock topics of clans who are closed but I don't think I agree about needing an offsite and ts/discord some clans just don't operate that way and some of the specialty clans are more cc based.  

I would think most people looking for clans wouldn't go past the first page which I think would prevent them from looking at clans who have closed as their topics would usually fall off the first page.

z5BF53X.gif

#5 FIVE STAR

FIVE STAR

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:27 PM

bro please get rid of that ugly ass sig lol

PROUD OWNER OF THE CLAN WORLD'S MOST COVETED IP ADDRESS

http://rs-immaculate.com/forums/

#6 xXxSlashxXx

xXxSlashxXx

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:47 PM

the grim reaper of the clan section gg..

xTRHPFZ.png?1

#7 KingTheGreat

KingTheGreat

=The Grim Reaper=

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:54 PM

the grim reaper of the clan section gg..

xTRHPFZ.png?1

Ikr ;)

bro please get rid of that ugly ass sig lol

I rather not, Calum made it if you don't like it, you make a better one

☠Reapers of Runescape

Posted Image

#8 Aragon

Aragon

That's Justice.

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:55 PM

I agree

uswi2T1.gif

#9 KingTheGreat

KingTheGreat

=The Grim Reaper=

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:57 PM

I was under the impression that when a clan closes their topic gets locked (given that they clan reports their closure or a moderator takes notice) but glancing through the forum that might not be the case.  I think it would be worthwhile to lock topics of clans who are closed but I don't think I agree about needing an offsite and ts/discord some clans just don't operate that way and some of the specialty clans are more cc based.  

I would think most people looking for clans wouldn't go past the first page which I think would prevent them from looking at clans who have closed as their topics would usually fall off the first page.

Yeah I understand that, but I have gone through a bunch of those clans and haven't seen anyone within those CCs.

☠Reapers of Runescape

Posted Image

#10 Kingg Gucci

Kingg Gucci

The King

• RS Name:K1nggGucci
  • Clan:V2R

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:52 AM

Ye bro tell me more

Posted Image

#11 Bludsvept

Bludsvept

• RS Name:Bludsvept

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:53 AM

I think the moderators could do a better job in cleaning out the recruitment forums. Lot's of inactive or closed clans that make finding active clans more difficult. You can't always rely on the topic starter to inform the moderators that their clan has closed.

#12 BLACK AKON

BLACK AKON

I'm Better Than You.

• RS Name:hehe haha
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:38 AM

And then ?

I'm better than you.

#13 Isndar

Isndar

ガーランド

• RS Name:Isndar
  • Clan:Unity
  • Team:Malaysia

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:07 AM

Wouldn't it be better to have clans in the clan recruitment section that have no members, no valid website, or shown that they are indeed closed be removed from the clan recruitment thread? Instead of people looking through the complete list of clans that are officially closed, could maybe get a few more members to clans? This is mainly to the Staff.

For me personally, I think an official clan has offsite forums, a Teamspeak/Discord for people to chat in, and already established thread on Zybez.

I believe to make a clan recognized as an official clan is where The Clan itself have their own Websites or their own Forums to contact/discuss. Their organization chart to assign their members to handle things for their clan growth and the most important part is the clan members itself. Without these main 3, I will usually shove them as a Small group of friends of random rsb team.

and I believe all CD clans here is an official clan by default.

E22ffGu.png
Stalking CDRSC 'low-fi' since 2004
Council | High Council | Warlord | Co-Leader | Leader
Currently Playing OSRS casually under the RSN - Isndar (level-125)
99 Attack | 99 Strength | 99 Defence | 99 Hitpoints | 97 Prayer
Leader of Unity | Malaysia's RS Community Clan

#14 tango down

tango down

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:23 AM

Like you said an official clan needs to have forums, ts, and irc. As for the clans on the recruitment section that don't have the following, I agree it makes no sense to have them on the recruitment thread.

ylTGpKa.png

#15 KingTheGreat

KingTheGreat

=The Grim Reaper=

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:19 AM

I agree please update and remove vr they have been closed for over 6 months

This has nothing to do with the clans that people say are "closed" like AF, Brutality, or VR, so keep it that way. 

And then ?

Hopefully just make the forums a bit cleaner, if that is what the response you are looking for.

Like you said an official clan needs to have forums, ts, and irc. As for the clans on the recruitment section that don't have the following, I agree it makes no sense to have them on the recruitment thread.

Exactly, I understand people have Clan Chats and that is all fine, but more clans like that should honestly look into establishing themselves further. Plus they could do a lot more if they did have IRC and offsite Forums.

I believe to make a clan recognized as an official clan is where The Clan itself have their own Websites or their own Forums to contact/discuss. Their organization chart to assign their members to handle things for their clan growth and the most important part is the clan members itself. Without these main 3, I will usually shove them as a Small group of friends of random rsb team.

This is why I have my opinion on clans not having these aren't really official clans but rather groups of friends or teams. A clan chat with ranked people and an organized clan with an offsite and communication platform are a lot different.

And yet you were brought here

☠Reapers of Runescape

Posted Image

#16 Run To GDZ

Run To GDZ

• RS Name:Run To GDZ

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:25 AM

Wouldn't it be better to have clans in the clan recruitment section that have no members, no valid website, or shown that they are indeed closed be removed from the clan recruitment thread?

They are if they're actually closed.  It's not fair for mods to remove poorly recruiting clans from the list, since in general a horribly recruiting clan is actually recruiting better than any old clan that "deserves" to keep its topic open.

#17 Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:30 AM

Agreed.

GHUN6xr.png

ym6O74P.png
YBZPTDA.png

WydfC07.gif

Excuse me while I kiss the stars.

Pain is temporary, glory is forever.

#18 Isndar

Isndar

ガーランド

• RS Name:Isndar
  • Clan:Unity
  • Team:Malaysia

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:44 AM

I agree please update and remove vr they have been closed for over 6 months

This has nothing to do with the clans that people say are "closed" like AF, Brutality, or VR, so keep it that way. 

And then ?

Hopefully just make the forums a bit cleaner, if that is what the response you are looking for.

Exactly, I understand people have Clan Chats and that is all fine, but more clans like that should honestly look into establishing themselves further. Plus they could do a lot more if they did have IRC and offsite Forums.

This is why I have my opinion on clans not having these aren't really official clans but rather groups of friends or teams. A clan chat with ranked people and an organized clan with an offsite and communication platform are a lot different.

And yet you were brought here

Have to agree but to disagree over that statement. My country clan used to have our very own Invisionfree forums and then W13 paid us a visit and hosted website for our clan back in 2011 but we stopped using them and brought all of our discussions and what not by using Facebook Group instead due to how easier for us to contact one another directly using Facebook. I can agree that my clan is no longer any part being of an official clan as we we're officially disbanded in 2012 (as official clan) and what you mentioned there as a group of friends is relatively correct about us or other unofficial clans in rs. But despite of our lack of having our own sites and forums anymore. We're still considered ourselves as a clan just not 'official' clan. We don't use forums anymore for news on events and communications now.

Edited by Isndar, 12 January 2017 - 05:47 AM.

E22ffGu.png
Stalking CDRSC 'low-fi' since 2004
Council | High Council | Warlord | Co-Leader | Leader
Currently Playing OSRS casually under the RSN - Isndar (level-125)
99 Attack | 99 Strength | 99 Defence | 99 Hitpoints | 97 Prayer
Leader of Unity | Malaysia's RS Community Clan

#19 Wack Sparrow

Wack Sparrow

Don't Have One

• RS Name:Wack Sparrow
  • Clan:Ronin

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:45 AM

List of guys who make the worst topics ever in CD
- kingthegreat
-rscuser
-durateen
-ispenc
-vindicator

And at least they bring discussion, haven't seen you make one
Take those topics away and their will be nothing. Thanks for your input King, I think forums should be cleaned up a bit.

I don't care. I just don't care E#

j3HHmXb.png

#20 Wee Man

Wee Man

Чистой ненависти номер один

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:49 AM

I could definitely go through and close them but I have literally no idea who half of the clans are and no way of finding out if they're actually closed. Feel free to report them if you know those clans are no longer open.

A2xdnTr.png

PMBQx20.png

0WpuFUR.png

HiPpIuB.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: