Photo

Will a monthly 2 hours F2P Cluster makes F2P interesting again?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 Adenina

Adenina

SHOOK

Posted 10 January 2017 - 01:42 PM

yes world vs rot leggo

WfGO3en.png

There is nobody so irritating as somebody with more intelligence and more sense than we have

#62 Aradof

Aradof

• RS Name:Aradof
  • RS Status:Member
  • Clan:Fools

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:24 PM

I guess the idea is nice.

Considering the last fools vs rot f2p fight few months back (we just kill traded in a box for couple of hours, until people wanted to sleep), i dont really see much of a goal for clans joining in. Its pretty much impossible to clear any decent clan with the 20sec return times, meaning that only thing clans could be fighting for is:

A) Capped -> ops. So the clan with biggest pull and ml wins (rot)

B) Uncapped ->  outlasting. And not in the old "return with less people and try to stay alive" style, but the new "clans trading kills until other clan dont want to return and trade kills anymore" style. (prop rot wins again...)

Guess the f2p wilderness is dead for now  :-( Box meta is too strong, returning is too fast and theres no way tracking kills nor performance. Even if theres more clans, its still the same same fight in the same box.

#63 Itaichimaru

Itaichimaru

Puertorriqueño

• RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:Terror

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:51 PM

Considering the last fools vs rot f2p fight few months back (we just kill traded in a box for couple of hours, until people wanted to sleep), i dont really see much of a goal for clans joining in. Its pretty much impossible to clear any decent clan with the 20sec return times, meaning that only thing clans could be fighting for is:

B) Uncapped ->  outlasting. And not in the old "return with less people and try to stay alive" style, but the new "clans trading kills until other clan dont want to return and trade kills anymore" style. (prop rot wins again...)

Guess the f2p wilderness is dead for now  :-( Box meta is too strong, returning is too fast and theres no way tracking kills nor performance. Even if theres more clans, its still the same same fight in the same box.

We've cleared clans with box method before, but I see the point. Fight far away from GDZ & it will be better even if it takes just a few more seconds to return, and not everyone (for whatever reason) returns in 20/30 seconds.

Edited by Itaichimaru, 10 January 2017 - 07:53 PM.

rMxqzZr.gif

mMknUZz.gif

Coming from you, you are a screaming embarrassment. Nobody from any clan you are in actually thinks you are witty of funny, you make people cringe with your every post. Please hop off my ****, you are mad obsessed and your comebacks are 2/10 at best. Seriously, go ask your clanmates if they think you are cool/funny/fun to hang around, watch them pause before answering.
(01:24:01 PM) <Swarms> dude please shut the **** up on rsc you make it so cringe pedro you're a nobody bro you legit 
(01:24:19 PM) <Swarms> have 7k post in less than 6 years, you are trying to make a name for yourself in 2017 
(01:24:25 PM) <Swarms> go get a job, experience sun shine something
(02:54:07 PM) TheMaskedBandit No such nick/channel

#64 Aradof

Aradof

• RS Name:Aradof
  • Clan:Fools

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:13 PM

We've cleared clans with box method before, but I see the point. Fight far away from GDZ & it will be better even if it takes just a few more seconds to return, and not everyone (for whatever reason) returns in 20/30 seconds.

Hmm could dwarfs work? I dont think theres super fast way to return

Also  :-D

decent clan

Edited by Aradof, 10 January 2017 - 08:13 PM.

#65 Benji

Benji

El Señor de los Cielos

• RS Status:Retired
  • Team:TKO Blitz

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:27 PM

f2p is dead

Yeah because teams like you do not step up in f2p. You can fight midsize clans if u pull 30-35

Edited by Benji, 10 January 2017 - 08:27 PM.

3IGXs.png

spartans

#66 Itaichimaru

Itaichimaru

Puertorriqueño

• Clan:Terror

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:31 PM

Hmm could dwarfs work? I dont think theres super fast way to return

We cleared df2 at rdg gaps but they aren't a decent clan so probably closer to EP hill would be fun for clans imo. Mid-sized clans might not have sufficient KO power to do box methods fight though so they can benefit the most from clusters and build growth.

rMxqzZr.gif

mMknUZz.gif

Coming from you, you are a screaming embarrassment. Nobody from any clan you are in actually thinks you are witty of funny, you make people cringe with your every post. Please hop off my ****, you are mad obsessed and your comebacks are 2/10 at best. Seriously, go ask your clanmates if they think you are cool/funny/fun to hang around, watch them pause before answering.
(01:24:01 PM) <Swarms> dude please shut the **** up on rsc you make it so cringe pedro you're a nobody bro you legit 
(01:24:19 PM) <Swarms> have 7k post in less than 6 years, you are trying to make a name for yourself in 2017 
(01:24:25 PM) <Swarms> go get a job, experience sun shine something
(02:54:07 PM) TheMaskedBandit No such nick/channel

#67 Bobby Jones

Bobby Jones

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:31 PM

would be nice but i assure you certain clans df2,vr would be in adamant from the get go

BANNED OFF ZYBEZ 4 TIMES (I'M STILL HERE)

2 TIME $10K DMM TOURNAMENT WINNER

4 TIME JAGEX CUP WINNER (IN 13 DIFFERENT CATEGORIES) [2011] [2013] [2014] [2015]

6 TIME RSC CLAN OF THE YEAR WINNER

STARTED CLANNING WHILE YOU WERE IN DIAPERS

I GET THOUSANDS OF LIKES ON TINDER

THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING YOU CAN SAY OR DO TO ME THAT I HAVEN'T SEEN BEFORE

#68 Thedynasty88

Thedynasty88

• RS Name:Ruzzio

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:51 AM

We just need to build a wall around the wilderness and make pking great again. Who's going to pay for it? Jagex.

RS2: Ex-Exer Warlord |Retired TR

#69 Gokuu Ssj

Gokuu Ssj

<< Leader Of Envy >>

• RS Name:Gokuu Ssj
  • Clan:Envy

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:35 PM

I wouldn't mind. It can't be capped though, that defeats the purpose of a cluster. It has to be no rules so everyone can do their best. You want GMT clans to start off & then EST clans eventually seal the deal & allows participation for all clans. Furthermore, I think a lot of clans would be even more motivated  if this cluster was streamed. 

I think he was suggesting the event would help spike activity for 1-2 hours with a cap and it was more of a fun skirmish rather then looking for an actual winner. Also with a cap I think this would encourage more clans to "give it their best" for that time period rather then leaving randomly and taking an ending. Agree with the streaming aspect. 

A lot of prep work for an hour cluster? I don't see it worth it. Only way I see it being effective is a 5-hour time frame (2 EST - 6 EST) where clans can come and dominate in their respective timezone but be free to end before it gets harder for them, and clans who don't venture into GMT timezone have the flexibility to start later on. If we're streaming it, you want to portrait activity in different timezones. Clans can end in an hour if they want too but the event has to be big enough to fit every (or most) clan's prime-time so they can showcase their strength.

5 hours would be more realistic (if not longer) due to time differences. Made me chuckle when DanB mentioned Forsaken wanting to end by 9pm GMT... it wouldn't be 9pm for them and I can't see the majority of us getting any younger (should think most clanners now have day jobs).

Considering the length that uncapped fights used to last, 5 hours doesn't seem much at all... and through streaming would bring more of a target audience (also due to time differences).

Hey toejam! :D 

[ Join Clan Envy Today ]

Go in as underdogs, come out on top. | Clan Envy Posted ImageLeader and proud.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5235/ssjc.png [Image blocked; please upload it at an approved host.]

Tomorrow never knows

#70 Trainer Red

Trainer Red

The Incorruptible Future Moderator of Clan Discussion/Fights

• Clan:The Rising

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:04 PM

Some clans don't need to depend on a monthly cluster to stay active in the wilderness.

2 of the top 3 [DI/DF] aren't really active in F2P wild Forsaken chooses not to be active in wild, Poison chooses not to be active in wild. Downfall/TR/Exodus/Ronin/Coll are all doing stuff at a fairly consistant rate.

yFKgRty.gif

Runescape Clan Chat: TR chat | Home World: 314 | #the_rising on SwiftIRC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: