We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

Photo

Will a monthly 2 hours F2P Cluster makes F2P interesting again?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#21 Goalie34

Goalie34

• RS Name:Goalie_Mon
  • RS Status:Oldschool
  • Clan:EoS

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:18 PM

Don't think a lot of members would show up. The clan world is a competitive world and most members want to know who won. It would be pointless to show up and lose sets while knowing there will be no clear winner. Fighting for the sake of fighting is a waste of time.

It's definitely true that people who clan or who continue to clan today are highly competitive and want to win and know who the clear winner of a fight is - I won't dispute that. In the sense of pure competition, a fight such as this would be pretty pointless.

On the other hand, I don't think it would be totally pointless because at the end of the day, OSRS and clanning are hobbies and something that most of us engage in purely for entertainment and fun. Weekly fights such as this would mean entertainment for 2 hours on a Sunday afternoon (or whatever day) before everyone is back at work/school/real life for the week, and I think people have seriously lost sight of the fact that beyond the entertainment factor, this whole OSRS/clanning thing is pointless in and of itself anyways. So, if having a cluster once a week provides a little fun, I'm all for it because at the end of the day, many clanners including myself are just looking for a fun activity to engage in during their spare time. 

Clanning Since '05

#22 Itaichimaru

Itaichimaru

Puertorriqueño

• Clan:Terror

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:40 PM

I wouldn't mind. It can't be capped though, that defeats the purpose of a cluster. It has to be no rules so everyone can do their best. You want GMT clans to start off & then EST clans eventually seal the deal & allows participation for all clans. Furthermore, I think a lot of clans would be even more motivated  if this cluster was streamed. 

I think he was suggesting the event would help spike activity for 1-2 hours with a cap and it was more of a fun skirmish rather then looking for an actual winner. Also with a cap I think this would encourage more clans to "give it their best" for that time period rather then leaving randomly and taking an ending. Agree with the streaming aspect. 

A lot of prep work for an hour cluster? I don't see it worth it. Only way I see it being effective is a 5-hour time frame (2 EST - 6 EST) where clans can come and dominate in their respective timezone but be free to end before it gets harder for them, and clans who don't venture into GMT timezone have the flexibility to start later on. If we're streaming it, you want to portrait activity in different timezones. Clans can end in an hour if they want too but the event has to be big enough to fit every (or most) clan's prime-time so they can showcase their strength.

Edited by Itaichimaru, 08 January 2017 - 12:45 PM.

Reign of Terror

53BYxRx.png wE3ljd3.png HpSOmbx.png 5xsyE2K.png

rMxqzZr.gif

mMknUZz.gif

#23 TeamGameOver

TeamGameOver

• Team:Game Over

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:58 PM

Ah yes

#24 DanB

DanB

• RS Name:DanB

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:01 PM

DF wouldn't turn up because VR hardly has the numbers to help them against RoT, and AF wouldn't do much either. RoT and DI would probably both gun for them if they did and obviously it wouldn't go well for them, so it won't happen. Then it'd just be RoT, DI, and Fools in a '1v1v1' which I suppose wouldn't necessarily be that bad.

Midsized wise who really cares. FSK would probably say no if it went past 9 gmt lol, and who else than Downfall and Liths even has decent numbers there? They might as well 1v1 whilst the two, three, four clans have what, 20-30 people each?

I suppose like Bow said, it can't be worse than what you have now. Won't happen though buddy.

#25 Buzz

Buzz

• RS Status:Retired

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:15 PM

I don't think it's to do with the events planned or whatever, the stale clan world is down to the clans. Right now, we have 1 maybe 2 at a push that are slightly active in the wilderness. The rest are in P2P or CWA. 

Clusters were great, but only great when they were unplanned. There somehow seems something wrong about a planned cluster. 

Retired.

#26 Juan Pablo

Juan Pablo

J.P.

• RS Status:Inactive

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:18 PM

grats rot

#27 Crest227

Crest227

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:37 PM

What clan are you currently in? I'm curious lol.

I guess Crest had the last laugh after all. In a fight with Dfall he said something along the lines "How long till you leave 'The' "

It's not blind trust. In order to get the moderator rank, you need to show your loyalty to RSC by working for years as a CL, and you need to prove your trustworthiness in that time. Think of CD staff as a clan in and of itself: who do you think a moderator would be more loyal to, the clan they were in for a few weeks (or literally just joined), or the clan they worked hard in for years? To assume a moderator would throw all his hard work away just to impress his new buddies is absurd.

If you still are concerned, then use a proxy just like you would do if you visited a rival clan's board, but I and the entire admin staff are 100% confident our moderators do not and will not leak IPs.

#28 FuzzyAdam

FuzzyAdam

• RS Status:Free

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:47 PM

no

eop official 2002-2017

#29 Evf

Evf

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:47 PM

I would go but we all know rot would steamroll clan after clan and send them regrouping

#FreePkPete

#30 ToeJam

ToeJam

Finger Picking Good

• RS Name:ToeJam
  • RS Status:Retired

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:56 PM

I wouldn't mind. It can't be capped though, that defeats the purpose of a cluster. It has to be no rules so everyone can do their best. You want GMT clans to start off & then EST clans eventually seal the deal & allows participation for all clans. Furthermore, I think a lot of clans would be even more motivated  if this cluster was streamed. 

I think he was suggesting the event would help spike activity for 1-2 hours with a cap and it was more of a fun skirmish rather then looking for an actual winner. Also with a cap I think this would encourage more clans to "give it their best" for that time period rather then leaving randomly and taking an ending. Agree with the streaming aspect. 

A lot of prep work for an hour cluster? I don't see it worth it. Only way I see it being effective is a 5-hour time frame (2 EST - 6 EST) where clans can come and dominate in their respective timezone but be free to end before it gets harder for them, and clans who don't venture into GMT timezone have the flexibility to start later on. If we're streaming it, you want to portrait activity in different timezones. Clans can end in an hour if they want too but the event has to be big enough to fit every (or most) clan's prime-time so they can showcase their strength.

5 hours would be more realistic (if not longer) due to time differences. Made me chuckle when DanB mentioned Forsaken wanting to end by 9pm GMT... it wouldn't be 9pm for them and I can't see the majority of us getting any younger (should think most clanners now have day jobs).

Considering the length that uncapped fights used to last, 5 hours doesn't seem much at all... and through streaming would bring more of a target audience (also due to time differences).

Posted Image

#31 RevenantPublicRelations

RevenantPublicRelations

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:59 PM

Not at all because it's all about getting a "win". No matter what time cap there is in play, someone will continue to go and outlast, trying to get that zybez topic.

The #1 Rune Pure and Tank Clan gone Main 

Http://www.rev-rs.com/forum/

Pm an official in #Revenant for a fight

#32 Jello123

Jello123

• RS Name:The llvl 120
  • RS Status:Member

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:31 PM

So many ppl not in clans complaining about no action. 

#33 Itaichimaru

Itaichimaru

Puertorriqueño

• Clan:Terror

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:38 PM

For the record, whatever cluster happens, ROT is 100% going to win it not matter what. It's not being cocky, is being brutally honest. No clan is gonna have 100 ending, we can & for an extended period of time. I think winning the cluster is not the point, the public relations that we can get from it is. Having an opportunity to showcase is more important. 

Edited by Itaichimaru, 08 January 2017 - 02:42 PM.

Reign of Terror

53BYxRx.png wE3ljd3.png HpSOmbx.png 5xsyE2K.png

rMxqzZr.gif

mMknUZz.gif

#34 Jack

Jack

★★★★★

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:48 PM

So many ppl not in clans complaining about no action.

I agree

these were a regular thing (weekly at the time) until mid-sized clans who participated cried that Fools / DI / RoT would turn up & invite themselves (mainly because none of the clans involved ever gave them action) and so they stopped hosting them... the main issue with these becoming a thing again is that the mentality of most mid-sizeds is terrible - they're more afraid of taking a loss to a rival clan rather than trying to help their members have fun

I63VdP6.gif

#35 Dox17

Dox17

Verified ✓

• Clan:Damage Inc.
  • Team:Seals

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:43 PM

Don't think a lot of members would show up. The clan world is a competitive world and most members want to know who won. It would be pointless to show up and lose sets while knowing there will be no clear winner. Fighting for the sake of fighting is a waste of time.

yes 

yes

yes

di member: no

what does this even mean?

C53ixVJ.png@DI_Islamorada

bzoNpSQ.gif

Original DI Join Date: March 4, 2006  • Old School DI

#36 Wack Sparrow

Wack Sparrow

Don't Have One

• RS Name:Wack Sparrow
  • Clan:Ronin

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:49 PM

yes 

yes

yes

di member: no

what does this even mean?

The first 3-4 responses were actually pretty optimistic responses and the No/Negative comment was from a top clan whos attendance would actually make an event like this possible.

I don't care. I just don't care E#

j3HHmXb.png

#37 KingTheGreat

KingTheGreat

=The Grim Reaper=

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:21 PM

Would be interesting to see, I dislike F2P fights but would be nice to see the community working together. That brings to question though, will every clan associated with the crash war set aside their differences just for this cluster? If not, I see it not working too well and we already know that RoT will end up being the last. But like I said, would be pretty cool if this could be set up.

If the clans associated with the crash war did set aside their differences to just do this weekly cluster to improve activity and such in the F2P world, who would set it up, who would stream it (as suggested) and who will make the location/world/time for the event?

☠Reapers of Runescape

Posted Image

☠Leader/Founder: Reapers of Runescape!

#38 Stl Arrow

Stl Arrow

War is not about who is right, Its about who is left

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:27 PM

Wont work with clans a part of the alliance but all others it could be good.

NjyC1jn.gif

I63VdP6.gif

#39 Santi84

Santi84

huh

• RS Name:That ranger

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:38 PM

ok :)

Proud to be RSD member 2010-2013
Jagex Cup Champion

The Rising ending member